|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Willy hear when she gets back to the horse?
2. What does Willy encounter as she is sailing toward New York?
(a) Rough water.
(b) A British raiding party.
(c) A thunderstorm.
(d) An American raiding party.
3. How will Willy get where she is going?
(a) The horse.
(b) Her father's boat.
(c) The wagon.
4. What is Willy's most vivid memory of "that day"?
(a) The sun flashing on the bayonets.
(b) Men screaming.
(c) An owl hooting.
(d) The dog howling.
5. What does Willy say she wants to do when questioned by Betsy?
(a) Stay with Betsy.
(b) Go back home.
(c) Travel to New York.
(d) Move to Canada.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jordan at the moment?
2. Who gives Willy a ride at one point on her travel?
3. What does Willy learn that the neighbors thought about Willy?
4. Why is Jordan happy about his horse?
5. Where is the likely place for a battle between the British and Americans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What noise do Willy and Lucy hear, and what is the cause of the noise?
2. How does the Freeman family obtain a cow, and what does it symbolize to Lucy?
3. How does Willy escape the American raiding party?
4. Why does Willy wish her father were home. and what does her mother say to that wish?
5. Describe Willy's entry into the fort.
6. Describe the debate Willy has in her head concerning being an American versus a British subject.
7. What happens when a British soldier finds Willy?
8. Describe Willy's first meeting with her aunt Betsy.
9. How does Willy get into the Fort?
10. What angers Willy the following day?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)