|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willy say is not a good idea to her aunt?
(a) Going to New York.
(b) Changing into a dress.
(c) Going back to her family's farm.
(d) Staying with them.
2. What does Willy learn that the neighbors thought about Willy?
(a) She had been killed in the fighting.
(b) She had been kidnapped.
(c) She had run off with the British.
(d) She was hiding in the woods.
3. What does Willy take that she feels badly about?
(a) Her aunt's dress.
(b) A pair shoes.
(c) Some food.
(d) Her aunt's coat.
4. Why is Jordan happy about his horse?
(a) The black men did not find it.
(b) The horse is over a bout of colic.
(c) The horse is pregnant.
(d) The horse is no longer lame.
5. What does the black man do after that?
(a) Apologize to Lucy.
(b) Grab Willy's breasts.
(c) Grab Willy's arm.
(d) Give Willy a gold coin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willy help a young boy do?
2. Why does Willy build a fire?
3. Who gives Willy a ride at one point on her travel?
4. Why does Willy sit down at home to wait?
5. What does Captain Ivers say he needs Dan to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in the courthouse when Willy goes up before the judge.
2. How does Willy slip away from the Ivers' household? Where does she go?
3. How long has Willy's father been dead, and how is Willy feeling about her life?
4. What do Willy and her aunt Betsy discuss concerning New York?
5. What prompts Willy to ride for the fort?
6. What does Willy do after leaving the fort?
7. What does Willy learn about her mother's last three years?
8. What noise do Willy and Lucy hear, and what is the cause of the noise?
9. Where is Fort Griswold, and what is significant about the Fort?
10. What does Mr. Goodrich want when he asks for Willy in the tavern one day?
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)