|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willy take that she feels badly about?
(a) A pair shoes.
(b) Her aunt's dress.
(c) Her aunt's coat.
(d) Some food.
2. What does Willy's mother tell her to do instead of watching who's passing by the house?
(a) Gather eggs.
(b) Feed the chickens.
(c) Weed the garden.
(d) Milk the cow.
3. According to Willy, where are her freedom papers?
(a) In the cabin back home.
(b) Her father had them on his person.
(c) In her pack.
(d) She does not know.
4. What does Willy say she wants to do when questioned by Betsy?
(a) Move to Canada.
(b) Go back home.
(c) Stay with Betsy.
(d) Travel to New York.
5. Whom does Betsy say Willy resembles?
(a) Willy's father.
(b) Betsy's mother.
(d) Betsy's grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Willy to get out of the fort?
2. What does Lucy tell two black men to take with them?
3. What do the two men say to Willy and her mother?
4. Why is Jordan happy about his horse?
5. What do the two black men say about the Americans?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Willy escape the American raiding party?
2. Describe the debate Willy has in her head concerning being an American versus a British subject.
3. Describe Willy's entry into the fort.
4. What noise do Willy and Lucy hear, and what is the cause of the noise?
5. What do Willy and her aunt Betsy discuss concerning New York?
6. Describe Willy's first meeting with her aunt Betsy.
7. What does Lucy ask of her husband? How does he respond?
8. How does Willy travel to her aunt and uncle's home?
9. What happens when a British soldier finds Willy?
10. Why does Willy wish her father were home. and what does her mother say to that wish?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)