|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Willy go after milking the cow?
(a) Back to the house.
(b) To her friend's house about a mile away.
(c) To a creek to bathe.
(d) To the bay to search for her father.
2. What does Captain Ivers ask Willy when he first sees her?
(a) If she can cook.
(b) If she is with the British forces.
(c) If she is interested in joining the army.
(d) If she is a runaway.
3. How old is Willy?
4. Why does Willy build a fire?
(a) To get warm.
(b) To roast some deer meat the old black man gave her.
(c) To roast a rabbit she caught.
(d) To roast some potatoes.
5. How does Lucy get the cow?
(a) She buys it with their life's savings.
(b) The narrator does not say how she came to have the cow.
(c) In payment for Lucy nursing a child back to health.
(d) She saves the calf's life when it is abandoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Ivers say he needs Dan to do?
2. Where does Willy stay near when she is traveling?
3. What do the two black men say about the Americans?
4. Why does the soldier that grabs Willy laugh?
5. What military fort is near Willy's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Willy wish her father were home. and what does her mother say to that wish?
2. What does Willy say about black men in the British army, and how do the two soldiers respond?
3. Why is it lucky that Willy's uncle Jack is at home?
4. Why does Willy end up staying in the fort during the fighting, and what does she do?
5. What noise do Willy and Lucy hear, and what is the cause of the noise?
6. How does Willy travel to her aunt and uncle's home?
7. Where is Fort Griswold, and what is significant about the Fort?
8. What is a daily chore Willy must perform, and why does her mother tell her to skip it that day?
9. How does Willy get into the Fort?
10. Describe the first encounter between Willy and the Ivers.
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)