|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does William mistake Willy for a boy?
(a) He does not mistake her becaues he knows her.
(b) She has her hair tucked under a leather strip.
(c) She is the only female in the fort.
(d) She is wearing britches.
2. How does Willy distract her captives?
(a) By waving at imaginary foes.
(b) By tossing pebbles into the woods.
(c) By screaming about a snake.
(d) By screaming about a bear.
3. What does Willy's mother say is safer for Jordan than fighting?
(a) Being a messenger for the American officers.
(b) Fishing on the bay.
(c) Being a slave.
(d) Waiting on the American generals.
4. Why is Uncle Jack at home?
(a) His owner needs him right now.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He is wounded.
(d) He is on furlough.
5. Why is Jordan happy about his horse?
(a) The horse is over a bout of colic.
(b) The horse is pregnant.
(c) The horse is no longer lame.
(d) The black men did not find it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Willy go after milking the cow?
2. Who tells Willy she cannot stay with her aunt and uncle?
3. What angers Willy the next day?
4. Where does Willy decide she should go?
5. What is Willy's real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Willy get into the Fort?
2. How does Granny Hyde offer to help Willy?
3. How does the Freeman family obtain a cow, and what does it symbolize to Lucy?
4. Why is it lucky that Willy's uncle Jack is at home?
5. Describe Willy's entry into the fort.
6. What noise do Willy and Lucy hear, and what is the cause of the noise?
7. Why are Jack and his family no longer slaves?
8. How does Willy describe her memory of the day before the battle at Fort Griswold?
9. Who is Granny Hyde, and what does she tell Willy?
10. Describe the debate Willy has in her head concerning being an American versus a British subject.
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)