|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Captain Ivers order Willy to do?
(a) Give him her paper attesting to her freedom.
(b) Cook him a meal.
(c) Leave the house.
(d) Put on a dress.
2. How does Willy get into the fort?
(a) Through the back gate.
(b) By making the horse jump the small outer wall.
(c) She does not go to the fort.
(d) Holding onto a rope that her father pulls up.
3. What does Willy think about instead of her father?
(a) The smells around her.
(b) The cow.
(c) Her mother.
(d) The horse.
4. One does one of the black men ask Willy?
(a) If she wants to go with them.
(b) If she has a husband.
(c) If she wants to join the army.
(d) If she is a boy.
5. Who does Willy see when she wakes from her faint?
(a) Colonel Ledyard.
(b) Her father.
(d) A British soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jordan after Colonel Ledyard surrenders?
2. Who tells Willy to gather up her possessions and come to Granny's home?
3. What word does Willy hear when she gets back to the horse?
4. With whom is Uncle Jack serving?
5. How does Lucy get the cow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it lucky that Willy's uncle Jack is at home?
2. What are some of the choices Willy thinks about concerning what to do next?
3. How do the British treat the Americans after the Americans surrender?
4. How does Willy describe her memory of the day before the battle at Fort Griswold?
5. How does Willy travel to her aunt and uncle's home?
6. How does the Freeman family obtain a cow, and what does it symbolize to Lucy?
7. Who is Granny Hyde, and what does she tell Willy?
8. Why does Willy wish her father were home. and what does her mother say to that wish?
9. Describe the first encounter between Willy and the Ivers.
10. What does Willy do after leaving the fort?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)