Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two black men urge Lucy and Willy to do?
(a) Ask the British colonel for compensation for the cow.
(b) Leave the area with the British.
(c) Go with them to talk to the black families in the area.
(d) Head south towards Virginia.
2. What does Willy encounter as she is sailing toward New York?
(a) A thunderstorm.
(b) An American raiding party.
(c) A British raiding party.
(d) Rough water.
3. Why do Willy and her mother run toward the cow?
(a) They want to figure out why the cow is not giving any milk.
(b) They hear the cow moo.
(c) The cow is in the safest area of the farm.
(d) They hear some shrieking noises.
4. How does Willy distract her captives?
(a) By waving at imaginary foes.
(b) By screaming about a bear.
(c) By screaming about a snake.
(d) By tossing pebbles into the woods.
5. What does Willy do immediately after her visitor leaves?
(a) Goes to the barn to feed the chickens.
(b) Makes something to eat.
(c) Lies down and cries.
(d) Packs up her belongings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Betsy cry when Willy is talking with her?
2. What does Colonel Ledyard do that is not required of him?
3. Where is Freeman the cow kept?
4. What message do the British send to the fort?
5. Who does Willy see when she wakes from her faint?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Willy trying to decide in the search for her mother?
2. Where is Fort Griswold, and what is significant about the Fort?
3. What does Willy continue to do in Chapter 11?
4. How does Horace suggest Willy get into New York City?
5. Why is it lucky that Willy's uncle Jack is at home?
6. What are some of the choices Willy thinks about concerning what to do next?
7. Describe Willy's entry into the fort.
8. Describe Canvas Town.
9. What does Willy do after leaving the fort?
10. What prompts Willy to ride for the fort?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)