|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Willy's most vivid memory of "that day"?
(a) The dog howling.
(b) The sun flashing on the bayonets.
(c) Men screaming.
(d) An owl hooting.
2. Who tells Willy she cannot stay with her aunt and uncle?
(a) Willy's aunt.
(b) Captain Ivers.
(c) Willy's uncle.
(d) Mrs. Ivers.
3. What does Willy drop on the beach near her boat?
(a) The shoes.
(b) The dress.
(c) The coat.
(d) The message from Captain Ivers.
4. Who are the two men that Willy and her mother encounter?
(a) The neighbors to the South and West.
(b) Members of the Third New Jersey Volunteers.
(c) Willy's father and uncle.
(d) Willy's father and his good friend.
5. What happens to Jordan after Colonel Ledyard surrenders?
(a) He is let go.
(b) He is imprisoned.
(c) He is eventually killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has told Willy's uncle about New York?
2. What does Willy discover when she scouts the area?
3. What does Jordan have to avoid when he goes to warn the Americans?
4. What suddenly frightens Willy as she is about to milk the cow?
5. What does Willy say she wants to do when questioned by Betsy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the boy whom Willy helps? What do they do?
2. Describe the first encounter between Willy and the Ivers.
3. What are some of the choices Willy thinks about concerning what to do next?
4. How does the Freeman family obtain a cow, and what does it symbolize to Lucy?
5. Who is Granny Hyde, and what does she tell Willy?
6. How does Granny Hyde offer to help Willy?
7. What does Willy do after leaving the fort?
8. How does Willy describe her memory of the day before the battle at Fort Griswold?
9. What prompts Willy to ride for the fort?
10. Why is it lucky that Willy's uncle Jack is at home?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)