|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Willy think her mother might be taken?
(d) New York.
2. Where does Willy decide she should go?
(a) To Stratford.
(b) To New York.
(c) To Washington.
(d) To Philadelphia.
3. Where is the likely place for a battle between the British and Americans?
(a) Nowhere near the area of Willy's home.
(b) In a valley about forty miles away.
(c) Near the coast about 100 miles from Willy's home.
(d) The fort near Willy's home.
4. Where does Willy stay near when she is traveling?
(a) The marshes.
(b) The coastline.
(c) The beach.
(d) The edge of the woods.
5. Why does Willy sit down at home to wait?
(a) Their is still a lot of fighting going on.
(b) She figures her mother will be home soon.
(c) Her mother left her a note telling to wait for her.
(d) She is tired.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the British do when Colonel Ledyard surrenders?
2. Who are the two men that Willy and her mother encounter?
3. Who is Colonel Ledyard?
4. What does Lucy beg Jordan not to do?
5. Who are Betsy and Jack Arabus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Willy tell her aunt she wants to do, and how does the aunt respond?
2. What happens when a British soldier finds Willy?
3. What does Willy say about black men in the British army, and how do the two soldiers respond?
4. What questions does Captain Ivers ask Willy? What worries Willy about his questions?
5. How do the British treat the Americans after the Americans surrender?
6. What do Willy and her aunt Betsy discuss concerning New York?
7. How does Willy slip away from the Ivers' household? Where does she go?
8. Describe Willy's entry into the fort.
9. Why is it lucky that Willy's uncle Jack is at home?
10. Describe the debate Willy has in her head concerning being an American versus a British subject.
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)