|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Willy build a fire?
(a) To roast a rabbit she caught.
(b) To roast some potatoes.
(c) To get warm.
(d) To roast some deer meat the old black man gave her.
2. What does the black man do after that?
(a) Apologize to Lucy.
(b) Grab Willy's breasts.
(c) Give Willy a gold coin.
(d) Grab Willy's arm.
3. What is Willy's most vivid memory of "that day"?
(a) Men screaming.
(b) An owl hooting.
(c) The sun flashing on the bayonets.
(d) The dog howling.
4. Where does Willy decide she should go?
(a) To Stratford.
(b) To New York.
(c) To Philadelphia.
(d) To Washington.
5. What happens to Jordan after Colonel Ledyard surrenders?
(b) He is let go.
(c) He is imprisoned.
(d) He is eventually killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Willy sit down at home to wait?
2. What does Willy's mother say about Willy's dress?
3. What does Willy help a young boy do?
4. What does Willy say she wants to do when questioned by Betsy?
5. About what does Lucy debate as she is walking?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Fort Griswold, and what is significant about the Fort?
2. What is a daily chore Willy must perform, and why does her mother tell her to skip it that day?
3. What do Willy and her aunt Betsy discuss concerning New York?
4. What are some of the choices Willy thinks about concerning what to do next?
5. How does Willy describe her memory of the day before the battle at Fort Griswold?
6. What happens when a British soldier finds Willy?
7. Who is the boy whom Willy helps? What do they do?
8. How does Willy escape the American raiding party?
9. What noise do Willy and Lucy hear, and what is the cause of the noise?
10. How does Willy travel to her aunt and uncle's home?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)