|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Betsy and Jack Arabus?
(a) A couple who comes by and asks for some food.
(b) Willy's aunt and uncle.
(c) Willy's neighbors.
(d) Willy's best friend's parents.
2. What does Willy learn that the neighbors thought about Willy?
(a) She was hiding in the woods.
(b) She had been killed in the fighting.
(c) She had run off with the British.
(d) She had been kidnapped.
3. In what village is the Fort located?
4. What does the black man do after that?
(a) Apologize to Lucy.
(b) Grab Willy's arm.
(c) Give Willy a gold coin.
(d) Grab Willy's breasts.
5. What is one of Willy's daily jobs?
(a) To mend the family's clothes.
(b) To clean out the barn.
(c) To check the fences.
(d) To take the mild to the Ledyard family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willy discover when she scouts the area?
2. What does Willy do?
3. What does Willy help a young boy do?
4. What does Captain Ivers say he needs Dan to do?
5. Where does Willy think her mother might be taken?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Willy travel to her aunt and uncle's home?
2. Describe Willy's entry into the fort.
3. What does Willy say about black men in the British army, and how do the two soldiers respond?
4. What is a daily chore Willy must perform, and why does her mother tell her to skip it that day?
5. How does Granny Hyde offer to help Willy?
6. Describe the debate Willy has in her head concerning being an American versus a British subject.
7. How does Willy slip away from the Ivers' household? Where does she go?
8. What are some of the choices Willy thinks about concerning what to do next?
9. Who is Granny Hyde, and what does she tell Willy?
10. What do Willy and her aunt Betsy discuss concerning New York?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)