|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Willy go after milking the cow?
(a) To the bay to search for her father.
(b) Back to the house.
(c) To her friend's house about a mile away.
(d) To a creek to bathe.
2. What do the British do when Colonel Ledyard surrenders?
(a) Stabs him.
(b) Lets the Americans go after they drop their arms.
(c) Hangs him.
(d) Puts him in the stocks.
3. What does Lucy beg Jordan not to do?
(a) Take them off the farm and go South.
(b) Scout for the Americans.
(c) Join the British army.
(d) Take Willy with him.
4. What does Willy's mother say about Willy's dress?
(a) She has to change from it into her milking britches.
(b) She needs to fix the hem.
(c) She has to patch the sleeve.
(d) She has almost outgrown the dress.
5. What does Willy's mother say is safer for Jordan than fighting?
(a) Fishing on the bay.
(b) Waiting on the American generals.
(c) Being a messenger for the American officers.
(d) Being a slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willy discover when she scouts the area?
2. Who are Betsy and Jack Arabus?
3. What does Jordan have to avoid when he goes to warn the Americans?
4. Why does Willy build a fire?
5. Why does Willy fear for her father's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What angers Willy the following day?
2. How does Willy slip away from the Ivers' household? Where does she go?
3. What noise do Willy and Lucy hear, and what is the cause of the noise?
4. What does Lucy ask of her husband? How does he respond?
5. How do the British treat the Americans after the Americans surrender?
6. How does Granny Hyde offer to help Willy?
7. Why does Willy end up staying in the fort during the fighting, and what does she do?
8. How does Willy travel to her aunt and uncle's home?
9. What does Willy's father say about seeing the British ships in the bay?
10. How does Willy describe her memory of the day before the battle at Fort Griswold?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)