|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Willy see when she wakes from her faint?
(a) A British soldier.
(c) Her father.
(d) Colonel Ledyard.
2. Where does Willy find her mother after leaving the fort?
(a) At the cemetery.
(b) At the Ledyard home.
(c) At home.
(d) She doesn't.
3. Where is Freeman the cow kept?
(a) In the barn right next to the house.
(b) It wanders around the farm where it wants to go.
(c) In the pasture that lies fallow.
(d) In what Willy calls a salt marsh.
4. Why do Willy and her mother run toward the cow?
(a) The cow is in the safest area of the farm.
(b) They hear the cow moo.
(c) They hear some shrieking noises.
(d) They want to figure out why the cow is not giving any milk.
5. What does Willy take that she feels badly about?
(a) Her aunt's coat.
(b) Some food.
(c) Her aunt's dress.
(d) A pair shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the British do when Colonel Ledyard surrenders?
2. What does Willy do?
3. What does Jordan say to one of the black soldiers?
4. What does the black man do after that?
5. What does Captain Ivers order Willy to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it lucky that Willy's uncle Jack is at home?
2. What prompts Willy to ride for the fort?
3. Why does Willy end up staying in the fort during the fighting, and what does she do?
4. What do Willy and her aunt Betsy discuss concerning New York?
5. Who is the boy whom Willy helps? What do they do?
6. What does Willy say about black men in the British army, and how do the two soldiers respond?
7. Describe the first encounter between Willy and the Ivers.
8. Why does Willy wish her father were home. and what does her mother say to that wish?
9. How do the British treat the Americans after the Americans surrender?
10. What does Willy tell her aunt she wants to do, and how does the aunt respond?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)