|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Willy find her mother after leaving the fort?
(a) At home.
(b) At the cemetery.
(c) At the Ledyard home.
(d) She doesn't.
2. Who tells Willy to get out of the fort?
(a) William Latham.
(b) An American soldier.
(c) A British soldier.
(d) Her father.
3. How does Jordan get into the fort?
(a) Over the wall.
(b) Through a small gate at the rear of the fort.
(c) Through the main gate.
(d) He doesn't.
4. What does Lucy beg Jordan not to do?
(a) Join the British army.
(b) Take them off the farm and go South.
(c) Scout for the Americans.
(d) Take Willy with him.
5. Why do Willy and her mother run toward the cow?
(a) They want to figure out why the cow is not giving any milk.
(b) They hear the cow moo.
(c) The cow is in the safest area of the farm.
(d) They hear some shrieking noises.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Willy's real name?
2. What happens to Jordan after Colonel Ledyard surrenders?
3. Who are Betsy and Jack Arabus?
4. Who arrives while Willy is waiting for her mother?
5. How does Willy distract her captives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Willy and her aunt Betsy discuss concerning New York?
2. Why is it lucky that Willy's uncle Jack is at home?
3. What prompts Willy to ride for the fort?
4. What are some of the choices Willy thinks about concerning what to do next?
5. What does Willy say about black men in the British army, and how do the two soldiers respond?
6. What does Willy do after leaving the fort?
7. How does Willy slip away from the Ivers' household? Where does she go?
8. How does Willy escape the American raiding party?
9. Describe the debate Willy has in her head concerning being an American versus a British subject.
10. What does Lucy ask of her husband? How does he respond?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)