|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colonel Ledyard do that is not required of him?
(a) Frees all his slaves.
(b) Frees the entire Freeman family.
(c) Works as a spy for the British.
(d) Joins the American forces.
2. Where does Willy stay near when she is traveling?
(a) The edge of the woods.
(b) The beach.
(c) The coastline.
(d) The marshes.
3. What is Willy's real name?
4. What does Willy's mother say is safer for Jordan than fighting?
(a) Fishing on the bay.
(b) Being a slave.
(c) Waiting on the American generals.
(d) Being a messenger for the American officers.
5. Why does Jordan want Willy to go with him to the woods near the fort?
(a) To hold the horse while Jordan runs to the fort to give a message.
(b) To witness how awful war is.
(c) To take a messag to Colonel Ledyard.
(d) To bring the horse back home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Ivers say to his wife?
2. What does Jordan have to avoid when he goes to warn the Americans?
3. How will Willy get where she is going?
4. Where is Willy determined to go?
5. About what is Willy afraid?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Willy end up staying in the fort during the fighting, and what does she do?
2. Who is Granny Hyde, and what does she tell Willy?
3. What does Willy say about black men in the British army, and how do the two soldiers respond?
4. Describe the debate Willy has in her head concerning being an American versus a British subject.
5. What does Willy's father say about seeing the British ships in the bay?
6. How do the British treat the Americans after the Americans surrender?
7. Who is the boy whom Willy helps? What do they do?
8. How does Willy escape the American raiding party?
9. Where is Fort Griswold, and what is significant about the Fort?
10. What does Willy tell her aunt she wants to do, and how does the aunt respond?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)