|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two black men say about the Americans?
(a) The Americans want to keep the blacks as slaves.
(b) The Americans believe in torture.
(c) The Americans are going to lose the war.
2. What does Jordan have to avoid when he goes to warn the Americans?
(a) Musket fire and cannon balls.
(b) Native American scouts.
(c) The British rear guard.
(d) The British front lines.
3. What does Willy's mother say is safer for Jordan than fighting?
(a) Being a slave.
(b) Being a messenger for the American officers.
(c) Waiting on the American generals.
(d) Fishing on the bay.
4. Where does Willy stay near when she is traveling?
(a) The marshes.
(b) The beach.
(c) The edge of the woods.
(d) The coastline.
5. Who is Colonel Ledyard?
(a) The leader of the American regiment passing by the Freeman home.
(b) The leader of the British regiment passing by the Freeman home.
(c) The Freeman's former owner.
(d) An elderly man who used to be in the British army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the likely place for a battle between the British and Americans?
2. One does one of the black men ask Willy?
3. What does Willy do when she wakes the next morning?
4. How does Willy get into the fort?
5. Where does Willy decide she should go?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Willy describe her memory of the day before the battle at Fort Griswold?
2. What questions does Captain Ivers ask Willy? What worries Willy about his questions?
3. Who is Granny Hyde, and what does she tell Willy?
4. What does Willy do after leaving the fort?
5. What are some of the choices Willy thinks about concerning what to do next?
6. How does the Freeman family obtain a cow, and what does it symbolize to Lucy?
7. What noise do Willy and Lucy hear, and what is the cause of the noise?
8. How does Willy travel to her aunt and uncle's home?
9. What does Willy say about black men in the British army, and how do the two soldiers respond?
10. How does Willy escape the American raiding party?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)