|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willy's mother say about Willy's dress?
(a) She has to patch the sleeve.
(b) She has to change from it into her milking britches.
(c) She has almost outgrown the dress.
(d) She needs to fix the hem.
2. Who are Betsy and Jack Arabus?
(a) Willy's aunt and uncle.
(b) Willy's neighbors.
(c) Willy's best friend's parents.
(d) A couple who comes by and asks for some food.
3. What suddenly frightens Willy as she is about to milk the cow?
(a) The sound of a woman screaming.
(b) A bear.
(c) The whine of a cannonball.
(d) A wolf.
4. What do the two men say to Willy and her mother?
(a) Their fish were confiscated by the Americans.
(b) They would like some milk from the cow.
(c) They did not know the cow belonged to a black family.
(d) Their fish were confiscated by the British.
5. What is in Baker's Cove?
(a) Some of the neighbors.
(b) Jordan's boat.
(c) A small group of American soldiers.
(d) Willy's aunt and uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What military fort is near Willy's house?
2. Who passes by Willy's house?
3. How does Jordan get into the fort?
4. Why does William mistake Willy for a boy?
5. In what village is the Fort located?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Willy wish her father were home. and what does her mother say to that wish?
2. How does Willy travel to her aunt and uncle's home?
3. Why is it lucky that Willy's uncle Jack is at home?
4. What does Willy tell her aunt she wants to do, and how does the aunt respond?
5. How do the British treat the Americans after the Americans surrender?
6. Who is Granny Hyde, and what does she tell Willy?
7. Why does Willy end up staying in the fort during the fighting, and what does she do?
8. Describe Willy's first meeting with her aunt Betsy.
9. What noise do Willy and Lucy hear, and what is the cause of the noise?
10. What does Willy do after leaving the fort?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)