|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Willy's real name?
2. What does Willy learn that the neighbors thought about Willy?
(a) She was hiding in the woods.
(b) She had been kidnapped.
(c) She had run off with the British.
(d) She had been killed in the fighting.
3. What does Willy say to the two black men?
(a) She wishes the British would leave the area.
(c) She did not know the British had black soldiers.
(d) She thinks the British are mean.
4. What does Willy think about instead of her father?
(a) The smells around her.
(b) The horse.
(c) The cow.
(d) Her mother.
5. What does Willy do when she wakes the next morning?
(a) Feeds the chickens and makes her mother breakfast.
(b) Calls out for her mother.
(c) Gets on her horse to go get her father's body.
(d) Cries and goes back to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucy beg Jordan not to do?
2. Where is the likely place for a battle between the British and Americans?
3. Who are Betsy and Jack Arabus?
4. What does Willy's mother say about Willy's dress?
5. What does Willy drop on the beach near her boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the boy whom Willy helps? What do they do?
2. What noise do Willy and Lucy hear, and what is the cause of the noise?
3. How does Granny Hyde offer to help Willy?
4. How does Willy get into the Fort?
5. Why does Willy end up staying in the fort during the fighting, and what does she do?
6. What are some of the choices Willy thinks about concerning what to do next?
7. Where is Fort Griswold, and what is significant about the Fort?
8. Describe the first encounter between Willy and the Ivers.
9. How does Willy slip away from the Ivers' household? Where does she go?
10. What does Willy say about black men in the British army, and how do the two soldiers respond?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)