|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willy encounter as she is sailing toward New York?
(a) An American raiding party.
(b) Rough water.
(c) A thunderstorm.
(d) A British raiding party.
2. Where does Willy go after milking the cow?
(a) To her friend's house about a mile away.
(b) Back to the house.
(c) To the bay to search for her father.
(d) To a creek to bathe.
3. About what does Lucy debate as she is walking?
(a) If her mother is still alive.
(b) Whether she wants to claim to be British or American.
(c) Whether she should go into New York City.
(d) If the British are right.
4. What do the British do when Colonel Ledyard surrenders?
(a) Lets the Americans go after they drop their arms.
(b) Stabs him.
(c) Hangs him.
(d) Puts him in the stocks.
5. With whom is Uncle Jack serving?
(a) The Connecticut Line.
(b) No one.
(c) The Bremhaven Militia.
(d) The Stanford militia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Willy a ride at one point on her travel?
2. What does Jordan have to avoid when he goes to warn the Americans?
3. Where does Willy find her mother after leaving the fort?
4. Where does Willy stay near when she is traveling?
5. What does Willy do when she wakes the next morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first encounter between Willy and the Ivers.
2. What angers Willy the following day?
3. What does Willy do after leaving the fort?
4. Why are Jack and his family no longer slaves?
5. Describe Willy's entry into the fort.
6. What prompts Willy to ride for the fort?
7. How does the Freeman family obtain a cow, and what does it symbolize to Lucy?
8. Why is it lucky that Willy's uncle Jack is at home?
9. How does Granny Hyde offer to help Willy?
10. Why does Willy end up staying in the fort during the fighting, and what does she do?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)