|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Captain Ivers?
(a) Betsy's brother.
(b) Betsy's owner.
(c) A British officer who accosts Willy.
(d) Jack's brother.
2. What does Willy say is not a good idea to her aunt?
(a) Staying with them.
(b) Changing into a dress.
(c) Going to New York.
(d) Going back to her family's farm.
3. What does Captain Ivers order Willy to do?
(a) Cook him a meal.
(b) Leave the house.
(c) Give him her paper attesting to her freedom.
(d) Put on a dress.
4. Who tells Willy to get out of the fort?
(a) William Latham.
(b) An American soldier.
(c) A British soldier.
(d) Her father.
5. Where is Willy determined to go?
(a) To the harbor.
(b) To retrieve her father's body.
(c) To the Ledyard home.
(d) To find her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willy do?
2. What does the black man do after that?
3. Jordan warns the Americans about _____________.
4. According to Willy, where are her freedom papers?
5. Who tells Willy to gather up her possessions and come to Granny's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Willy get into the Fort?
2. What does Willy do after leaving the fort?
3. How does the Freeman family obtain a cow, and what does it symbolize to Lucy?
4. What does Willy tell her aunt she wants to do, and how does the aunt respond?
5. Describe Willy's first meeting with her aunt Betsy.
6. Why does Willy wish her father were home. and what does her mother say to that wish?
7. What do Willy and her aunt Betsy discuss concerning New York?
8. What happens when a British soldier finds Willy?
9. Describe the first encounter between Willy and the Ivers.
10. What prompts Willy to ride for the fort?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)