|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Willy and her mother run toward the cow?
(a) They hear the cow moo.
(b) They want to figure out why the cow is not giving any milk.
(c) The cow is in the safest area of the farm.
(d) They hear some shrieking noises.
2. Who is Captain Ivers?
(a) A British officer who accosts Willy.
(b) Jack's brother.
(c) Betsy's brother.
(d) Betsy's owner.
3. What do the two black men urge Lucy and Willy to do?
(a) Ask the British colonel for compensation for the cow.
(b) Go with them to talk to the black families in the area.
(c) Head south towards Virginia.
(d) Leave the area with the British.
4. What do the two black men say about the Americans?
(a) The Americans believe in torture.
(b) The Americans want to keep the blacks as slaves.
(d) The Americans are going to lose the war.
5. Who is Colonel Ledyard?
(a) The leader of the British regiment passing by the Freeman home.
(b) An elderly man who used to be in the British army.
(c) The Freeman's former owner.
(d) The leader of the American regiment passing by the Freeman home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Willy's first words to a British soldier?
2. What does Captain Ivers order Willy to do?
3. Where does Willy think her mother might be taken?
4. How does Jordan get into the fort?
5. Why are Willy's parents free?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Willy tell her aunt she wants to do, and how does the aunt respond?
2. How do the British treat the Americans after the Americans surrender?
3. Why does Willy wish her father were home. and what does her mother say to that wish?
4. How does Willy travel to her aunt and uncle's home?
5. Why is it lucky that Willy's uncle Jack is at home?
6. Describe Willy's entry into the fort.
7. How does the Freeman family obtain a cow, and what does it symbolize to Lucy?
8. What are some of the choices Willy thinks about concerning what to do next?
9. What noise do Willy and Lucy hear, and what is the cause of the noise?
10. Where is Fort Griswold, and what is significant about the Fort?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)