|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Aunt Betsy take Willy?
(a) To the stables.
(b) To a small shack on the river.
(c) To the cellar where her mother is.
(d) To a small shack in the woods.
2. Why is the judge angry at Captain Ivers?
(a) For striking Willy when her mother is dying.
(b) He is not angry.
(c) For making a false claim on Willy.
(d) For whipping Jack.
3. In what month is there word that the British have officially lost the war?
4. From where is Mr. Goodrich?
(d) New Hampshire.
5. How many years have passed since the battle that kills Willy's father?
6. What does Aunt Betsy realize that Uncle Jack does not?
(a) Willy must see her mother.
(b) Willy has become very mature.
(c) Lucy might live if she sees Willy.
(d) Willy is willing to risk capture.
7. What example set by Horace does Willy say she'll do?
(a) Say her evening prayers.
(b) Be polite to white folk.
(c) Save all her money.
(d) Go to church every Sunday.
8. Why does Willy end up telling Mr. Fraunces the entire truth of her past?
(a) She decides she trusts him.
(b) He forces her to at knifepoint.
(c) She feels hopeless.
(d) She gets too entangled in her lies.
9. Whom does Willy mention when Mr. Fraunces questions her?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Captain Ivers.
(c) Her father.
(d) Jack Arabus.
10. Where does Willy find Uncle Jack?
(a) In the barn.
(b) In the kitchen of his small shack.
(c) In the chicken coop.
(d) In the woods.
11. Why is Jack in trouble with Captain Ivers?
(a) For keeping Lucy in the cellar.
(b) For hitting the Captain.
(c) For lying.
(d) For leaving the estate to travel to New York.
12. What does Willy notice about the Queen's Head?
(a) It is built of stone.
(b) It is dirty and dark.
(c) It has multiple chimneys.
(d) It is well kept.
13. What rumor did Captain Ivers spread?
(a) Willy is free but owes him money for that freedom.
(b) Willy's father is still alive.
(c) He bought Willy from Colonel Ledyard.
(d) Willy stole from him the last time she was here.
14. What does Mr. Fraunces tell Willy about the tavern?
(a) He is selling it.
(b) She is welcome to return there any time.
(c) He is taking on a new manager.
(d) He is expanding.
15. What does Horace say Willy needs to improve?
(a) Her accent.
(b) Her stamina.
(c) Her riding abilities.
(d) Her ability to lie convincingly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What college do Willy and Mr. Goodrich pass on the way to the courthouse?
2. What does Horace say is the key to telling lies?
3. What is happening to the prisoners?
4. What is the woman like whom Willy and Horace first encounter in Canvas Town?
5. What do Willy and Horace share since arriving at the tavern?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)