|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Willy get some medicine for Lucy?
(a) She is unable to get any medicine.
(b) By begging a doctor.
(c) From another slave who had been ill.
(d) By gathering herbs in the woods.
2. Where does Willy think Mr. Fraunces' loyalties might lie?
(a) She has no idea.
(b) With slave owners such as Captain Ivers.
(c) With the British.
(d) With the Americans.
3. Where does Aunt Betsy take Willy?
(a) To a small shack on the river.
(b) To the cellar where her mother is.
(c) To the stables.
(d) To a small shack in the woods.
4. What does Willy do when she is sent to buy sweets for the tavern?
(a) Buys herself something also.
(b) Asks to buy the tarts that are malformed for a discount.
(c) Shakes the bag and eats the sugar that falls off the pastries.
(d) Studies over how the sweets are made.
5. What does Horace insist upon after learning about Willy being a girl?
(a) Helping her cook.
(b) Willy wearing a dress.
(c) Sleeping in separate areas.
(d) Helping her with the heavy work.
6. Mr. Goodrich says he can help Willy with _____________.
(a) Help proving her mother is not a slave.
(b) Passage partway to Stratford.
(c) Legal bills.
(d) Help proving Willy is not a slave.
7. Whom does Willy mention when Mr. Fraunces questions her?
(a) Captain Ivers.
(b) Jack Arabus.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
8. What does Willy do on the ship on the way to the Coast?
(b) Polishes railings.
9. Why does Willy end up telling Mr. Fraunces the entire truth of her past?
(a) She decides she trusts him.
(b) She feels hopeless.
(c) She gets too entangled in her lies.
(d) He forces her to at knifepoint.
10. What does Mr. Fraunces tell Willy to do?
(a) Help the cook clean the pots and pans.
(b) Help Horace unload the wagon.
(c) Go and care for the horses.
(d) Go to his office.
11. What else does Mr. Fraunces say Willy can do in New York?
(a) Be a chimney sweep.
(b) Spy on the British.
(c) Search for her mother.
(d) Sell flowers on the corner.
12. For whom does Horace work?
(a) General Cornwallis.
(b) Captain Ivers.
(c) Willy's uncle Jack.
(d) Sam Fraunces.
13. Why can't many of the prisoners walk?
(a) They are too weak.
(b) Injuries due to frostbite.
(c) They are not used to moving.
(d) They have lost limbs.
14. From where is Mr. Goodrich?
(a) New Hampshire.
15. What does Willy start doing once everyone knows she is a girl?
(a) Wearing female clothing again.
(b) Going to church.
(c) Taking advantage of Horace's protectiveness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Willy hang a horse blanket in the loft?
2. When does Willy get off the wagon?
3. Why does Willy think she should search Canvas Town?
4. What does Willy notice about the Queen's Head?
5. What does Horace say Willy needs to improve?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)