Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Fraunces' response to Willy's tale about her past?
(a) He offers her a job at the tavern.
(b) He says she should start wearing dresses.
(c) He says he does not believe her.
(d) He says she should go back to her family's farm.
2. What does Willy scream at Captain Ivers?
(a) He is Satan.
(b) He is not her owner.
(c) He is responsible for the lives of his slaves.
(d) He allowed her mother to die.
3. What does Mr. Fraunces tell Willy to do?
(a) Help the cook clean the pots and pans.
(b) Go to his office.
(c) Go and care for the horses.
(d) Help Horace unload the wagon.
4. Why is Jack in trouble with Captain Ivers?
(a) For keeping Lucy in the cellar.
(b) For hitting the Captain.
(c) For leaving the estate to travel to New York.
(d) For lying.
5. What example set by Horace does Willy say she'll do?
(a) Save all her money.
(b) Be polite to white folk.
(c) Say her evening prayers.
(d) Go to church every Sunday.
6. Why is Willy hesitant about pursuing the information Mr. Goodrich brings?
(a) She has finally finished mourning and does not want to lose her mother again.
(b) She does not know how to prevent the sale of the farm.
(c) Virginia is such a long distance.
(d) Captain Ivers might try to claim she is his slave.
7. What does Willy realize about Horace as they are talking?
(a) He is a slave.
(b) He is half white.
(c) He does not believe her story.
(d) He is an orphan.
8. What is the "Queen's Head"?
(a) A promontory on the Hudson River.
(b) A boarding room for young black females.
(c) The tavern Mr. Fraunces owns.
(d) A promontory near what is now Ellis Island.
9. Where is the woman that Willy talked to when she and Horace return to Canvas Town?
(a) In a tent dead.
(b) Selling alcohol she has made.
(c) She has disappeared.
(d) In a tent delirious with fever.
10. Why does Willy reveal that she's a girl to Horace?
(a) He appears naked in front of her after a swim.
(b) He trys to pressure her to go to the public baths.
(c) He figures it out when she wants to swim away from him.
(d) He asks.
11. What is a Canvas Town?
(a) A town about twenty miles south of New York City.
(b) A burned area in New York City.
(c) An area where the British soldiers are housed.
(d) A town about forty miles north of New York City.
12. What are in abundance at Canvas Town?
(b) Drunks and poor people.
(d) Injured soldiers.
13. Where does Horace suggest they get a meal?
(a) In a inn that sailors frequent.
(b) On the wharf.
(c) At the boarding house where he stays.
(d) In the kitchen at the Queen's Head.
14. What does Willy start doing once everyone knows she is a girl?
(a) Wearing female clothing again.
(b) Taking advantage of Horace's protectiveness.
(d) Going to church.
15. What does Horace say Willy needs to improve?
(a) Her stamina.
(b) Her ability to lie convincingly.
(c) Her riding abilities.
(d) Her accent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Jack say when he sees Willy?
2. What does Aunt Betsy realize that Uncle Jack does not?
3. How many years have passed since the battle that kills Willy's father?
4. Whom does Willy mention when Mr. Fraunces questions her?
5. What would stop Willy from reaching the city?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)