|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willy learn that the neighbors thought about Willy?
(a) She had been kidnapped.
(b) She had run off with the British.
(c) She had been killed in the fighting.
(d) She was hiding in the woods.
2. One does one of the black men ask Willy?
(a) If she has a husband.
(b) If she wants to go with them.
(c) If she wants to join the army.
(d) If she is a boy.
3. What is one option Willy thinks about but discards?
(a) Staying and taking care of the farm.
(b) Going to the Ledyard home.
(c) Traveling south with many other former slaves.
(d) Joining the American army pretending to be a boy.
4. What does Willy drop on the beach near her boat?
(a) The shoes.
(b) The coat.
(c) The message from Captain Ivers.
(d) The dress.
5. Why is Jordan happy about his horse?
(a) The horse is no longer lame.
(b) The black men did not find it.
(c) The horse is over a bout of colic.
(d) The horse is pregnant.
6. What does Willy think about instead of her father?
(a) The smells around her.
(b) The horse.
(c) The cow.
(d) Her mother.
7. Who tells Willy to gather up her possessions and come to Granny's home?
(a) Mrs. Ledyard.
(b) Willy's mother.
(c) No one.
(d) Granny Hyde.
8. What word does Willy hear when she gets back to the horse?
9. What do the British do when Colonel Ledyard surrenders?
(a) Puts him in the stocks.
(b) Hangs him.
(c) Stabs him.
(d) Lets the Americans go after they drop their arms.
10. How does Jordan get into the fort?
(a) Through the main gate.
(b) He doesn't.
(c) Over the wall.
(d) Through a small gate at the rear of the fort.
11. What does Willy help a young boy do?
(a) Make cartridges for the muskets.
(b) Make food for the soldiers.
(c) Tear up sheets for bandages.
(d) Take water around to the soldiers.
12. What does Willy's mother tell her to do instead of watching who's passing by the house?
(a) Gather eggs.
(b) Milk the cow.
(c) Feed the chickens.
(d) Weed the garden.
13. What do the two black men say about the Americans?
(a) The Americans want to keep the blacks as slaves.
(b) The Americans believe in torture.
(d) The Americans are going to lose the war.
14. How does Willy get into the fort?
(a) She does not go to the fort.
(b) Through the back gate.
(c) Holding onto a rope that her father pulls up.
(d) By making the horse jump the small outer wall.
15. Who arrives while Willy is waiting for her mother?
(b) Granny Hyde.
(c) Mrs. Ledyard.
(d) William Latham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Willy see when she wakes from her faint?
2. What does Willy take that she feels badly about?
3. Who are Jordan and Lucy?
4. What message do the British send to the fort?
5. Who gives Willy a ride at one point on her travel?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)