Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two black men urge Lucy and Willy to do?
(a) Ask the British colonel for compensation for the cow.
(b) Leave the area with the British.
(c) Go with them to talk to the black families in the area.
(d) Head south towards Virginia.
2. What does Willy encounter as she is sailing toward New York?
(a) A thunderstorm.
(b) An American raiding party.
(c) A British raiding party.
(d) Rough water.
3. Why do Willy and her mother run toward the cow?
(a) They want to figure out why the cow is not giving any milk.
(b) They hear the cow moo.
(c) The cow is in the safest area of the farm.
(d) They hear some shrieking noises.
4. How does Willy distract her captives?
(a) By waving at imaginary foes.
(b) By screaming about a bear.
(c) By screaming about a snake.
(d) By tossing pebbles into the woods.
5. What does Willy do immediately after her visitor leaves?
(a) Goes to the barn to feed the chickens.
(b) Makes something to eat.
(c) Lies down and cries.
(d) Packs up her belongings.
6. Why does Betsy cry when Willy is talking with her?
(a) Because Willy is so sad.
(b) Over what has happened to Lucy.
(c) Because they will probably have to leave their home.
(d) She does not cry.
7. What does Colonel Ledyard do that is not required of him?
(a) Frees all his slaves.
(b) Frees the entire Freeman family.
(c) Joins the American forces.
(d) Works as a spy for the British.
8. Where is Freeman the cow kept?
(a) In the pasture that lies fallow.
(b) In the barn right next to the house.
(c) It wanders around the farm where it wants to go.
(d) In what Willy calls a salt marsh.
9. What message do the British send to the fort?
(a) They do not send a note.
(b) An offer to let the women and children leave the fort.
(c) A demand for their British prisoners.
(d) A demand for their surrender.
10. Who does Willy see when she wakes from her faint?
(a) A British soldier.
(b) Colonel Ledyard.
(c) Her father.
11. What does Willy do?
(b) Slap the man.
(c) Tells him she is a girl.
(d) Turn and walk away.
12. Why is Jordan happy about his horse?
(a) The horse is over a bout of colic.
(b) The black men did not find it.
(c) The horse is no longer lame.
(d) The horse is pregnant.
13. Why does Willy fear for her father's life?
(a) He is on his way home and the path is near the conflict.
(b) Shots are being fired toward the bay.
(c) He is fighting with Washington's regiment.
(d) He does not have his paperwork attesting to his freedom.
14. Why does Willy sit down at home to wait?
(a) She is tired.
(b) Their is still a lot of fighting going on.
(c) She figures her mother will be home soon.
(d) Her mother left her a note telling to wait for her.
15. Where is Jordan at the moment?
(a) In town seeing a doctor.
(b) Fishing on the bay.
(c) Planting the fields.
(d) Drilling with an American regiment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Ivers order Willy to do?
2. About what is Willy afraid?
3. What does Willy learn that the neighbors thought about Willy?
4. Why does Willy build a fire?
5. What is Willy's real name?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)