|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Willy stay near when she is traveling?
(a) The coastline.
(b) The beach.
(c) The marshes.
(d) The edge of the woods.
2. What does Willy encounter as she is sailing toward New York?
(a) An American raiding party.
(b) A British raiding party.
(c) A thunderstorm.
(d) Rough water.
3. What does Captain Ivers order Willy to do?
(a) Cook him a meal.
(b) Leave the house.
(c) Give him her paper attesting to her freedom.
(d) Put on a dress.
4. Why can't Willy do one of her daily chores today?
(a) The Ledyards have left for New York.
(b) There are no needles in the house.
(c) The horses are too restless with all the cannon sounds.
(d) Because of the fighting between the Americans and British.
5. What does Jordan have to avoid when he goes to warn the Americans?
(a) Native American scouts.
(b) The British front lines.
(c) The British rear guard.
(d) Musket fire and cannon balls.
6. Who gives Willy a ride at one point on her travel?
(a) A wounded black man in a wagon.
(b) An old black man hauling potatoes.
(c) No one.
(d) A black family headed for New York in a wagon.
7. What do the two black men urge Lucy and Willy to do?
(a) Ask the British colonel for compensation for the cow.
(b) Go with them to talk to the black families in the area.
(c) Head south towards Virginia.
(d) Leave the area with the British.
8. Who comes in the house and demands to know who Willy is?
(a) No one.
(b) Captain Paine.
(c) Mrs. Ivers.
(d) Colonel Breechton.
9. What is one of Willy's daily jobs?
(a) To check the fences.
(b) To take the mild to the Ledyard family.
(c) To mend the family's clothes.
(d) To clean out the barn.
10. How old is Willy?
11. What does the black man do after that?
(a) Give Willy a gold coin.
(b) Grab Willy's arm.
(c) Grab Willy's breasts.
(d) Apologize to Lucy.
12. What is one option Willy thinks about but discards?
(a) Going to the Ledyard home.
(b) Staying and taking care of the farm.
(c) Traveling south with many other former slaves.
(d) Joining the American army pretending to be a boy.
13. What do the British do when Colonel Ledyard surrenders?
(a) Stabs him.
(b) Puts him in the stocks.
(c) Lets the Americans go after they drop their arms.
(d) Hangs him.
14. How does Willy get into the fort?
(a) She does not go to the fort.
(b) Holding onto a rope that her father pulls up.
(c) Through the back gate.
(d) By making the horse jump the small outer wall.
15. What does Willy do when she wakes the next morning?
(a) Calls out for her mother.
(b) Feeds the chickens and makes her mother breakfast.
(c) Cries and goes back to sleep.
(d) Gets on her horse to go get her father's body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willy say to the two black men?
2. Who tells Willy she cannot stay with her aunt and uncle?
3. In what village is the Fort located?
4. Who arrives while Willy is waiting for her mother?
5. What does Lucy beg Jordan not to do?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)