|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what village is the Fort located?
2. Who is Colonel Ledyard?
(a) The leader of the American regiment passing by the Freeman home.
(b) An elderly man who used to be in the British army.
(c) The Freeman's former owner.
(d) The leader of the British regiment passing by the Freeman home.
3. Where does Willy find her mother after leaving the fort?
(a) At the Ledyard home.
(b) At the cemetery.
(c) She doesn't.
(d) At home.
4. Who are Jordan and Lucy?
(a) Willy's parents.
(b) Willy's siblings.
(c) Willy's grandparents.
(d) Willy's aunt and uncle.
5. What do the British do when Colonel Ledyard surrenders?
(a) Stabs him.
(b) Hangs him.
(c) Lets the Americans go after they drop their arms.
(d) Puts him in the stocks.
6. What does Willy do?
(a) Tells him she is a girl.
(b) Turn and walk away.
(d) Slap the man.
7. What is one option Willy thinks about but discards?
(a) Staying and taking care of the farm.
(b) Joining the American army pretending to be a boy.
(c) Traveling south with many other former slaves.
(d) Going to the Ledyard home.
8. What does Jordan say to one of the black soldiers?
(a) Asks him about joining the British army.
(b) Orders the soldier to let Willy go.
(c) Tells him to get off his land.
(d) Tells him to leave the cow's carcass.
9. Why does Willy fear for her father's life?
(a) He is fighting with Washington's regiment.
(b) He is on his way home and the path is near the conflict.
(c) He does not have his paperwork attesting to his freedom.
(d) Shots are being fired toward the bay.
10. Who comes in the house and demands to know who Willy is?
(a) Captain Paine.
(b) Colonel Breechton.
(c) Mrs. Ivers.
(d) No one.
11. What does Willy promise to Betsy that she will do?
(a) Work hard.
(b) Find her mother.
(c) Find a way to free Betsy.
(d) Teach Betsy to read.
12. What do the two black men say about the Americans?
(a) The Americans believe in torture.
(b) The Americans are going to lose the war.
(d) The Americans want to keep the blacks as slaves.
13. What does Jordan have to avoid when he goes to warn the Americans?
(a) Musket fire and cannon balls.
(b) The British rear guard.
(c) The British front lines.
(d) Native American scouts.
14. According to Willy, where are her freedom papers?
(a) In the cabin back home.
(b) Her father had them on his person.
(c) In her pack.
(d) She does not know.
15. Who passes by Willy's house?
(a) American soldiers.
(b) A group of slaves.
(d) British soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Ivers say he needs Dan to do?
2. How will Willy get where she is going?
3. What does Willy think about instead of her father?
4. Why is Uncle Jack at home?
5. What does Colonel Ledyard do that is not required of him?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)