|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jordan have to avoid when he goes to warn the Americans?
(a) Musket fire and cannon balls.
(b) The British rear guard.
(c) The British front lines.
(d) Native American scouts.
2. What does Colonel Ledyard do that is not required of him?
(a) Frees all his slaves.
(b) Frees the entire Freeman family.
(c) Works as a spy for the British.
(d) Joins the American forces.
3. What does Willy wish on this particular day?
(a) She did not have to work in the family garden.
(b) Her mother would allow her to go to town to meet her father.
(c) Her father were home.
(d) She could go to the school that the white children attend.
4. What does Willy promise to Betsy that she will do?
(a) Teach Betsy to read.
(b) Find her mother.
(c) Work hard.
(d) Find a way to free Betsy.
5. How does Jordan get into the fort?
(a) Over the wall.
(b) Through a small gate at the rear of the fort.
(c) He doesn't.
(d) Through the main gate.
6. Why are Willy's parents free?
(a) They saved money and bought their freedom.
(b) Their slave owner died.
(c) Jordan has agreed to fight with the Americans.
(d) They were never slaves.
7. Jordan warns the Americans about _____________.
(a) Livestock being stolen.
(b) British ships in the harbor.
(c) The British offloading cannons.
(d) Tainted meat.
8. What does Willy's mother tell her to do instead of watching who's passing by the house?
(a) Milk the cow.
(b) Gather eggs.
(c) Feed the chickens.
(d) Weed the garden.
9. How old is Willy?
10. What is in Baker's Cove?
(a) Willy's aunt and uncle.
(b) A small group of American soldiers.
(c) Some of the neighbors.
(d) Jordan's boat.
11. Where is the likely place for a battle between the British and Americans?
(a) Near the coast about 100 miles from Willy's home.
(b) Nowhere near the area of Willy's home.
(c) In a valley about forty miles away.
(d) The fort near Willy's home.
12. Who is Captain Ivers?
(a) Betsy's brother.
(b) Betsy's owner.
(c) A British officer who accosts Willy.
(d) Jack's brother.
13. How will Willy get where she is going?
(a) The horse.
(b) The wagon.
(d) Her father's boat.
14. What does Willy say is not a good idea to her aunt?
(a) Staying with them.
(b) Going to New York.
(c) Changing into a dress.
(d) Going back to her family's farm.
15. How does Willy distract her captives?
(a) By waving at imaginary foes.
(b) By screaming about a snake.
(c) By screaming about a bear.
(d) By tossing pebbles into the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Willy stay near when she is traveling?
2. What is Willy's real name?
3. What does Willy drop on the beach near her boat?
4. Who are the two men that Willy and her mother encounter?
5. What is one option Willy thinks about but discards?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)