|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Willy?
2. What does Willy's mother say about Willy's dress?
(a) She has almost outgrown the dress.
(b) She needs to fix the hem.
(c) She has to change from it into her milking britches.
(d) She has to patch the sleeve.
3. Why does Willy fear for her father's life?
(a) Shots are being fired toward the bay.
(b) He is fighting with Washington's regiment.
(c) He does not have his paperwork attesting to his freedom.
(d) He is on his way home and the path is near the conflict.
4. What word does Willy hear when she gets back to the horse?
5. How does Lucy get the cow?
(a) The narrator does not say how she came to have the cow.
(b) She buys it with their life's savings.
(c) In payment for Lucy nursing a child back to health.
(d) She saves the calf's life when it is abandoned.
6. What does Captain Ivers order Willy to do?
(a) Give him her paper attesting to her freedom.
(b) Leave the house.
(c) Cook him a meal.
(d) Put on a dress.
7. How does Jordan get into the fort?
(a) Over the wall.
(b) He doesn't.
(c) Through the main gate.
(d) Through a small gate at the rear of the fort.
8. What do the British do when Colonel Ledyard surrenders?
(a) Lets the Americans go after they drop their arms.
(b) Hangs him.
(c) Stabs him.
(d) Puts him in the stocks.
9. What does Colonel Ledyard do that is not required of him?
(a) Frees the entire Freeman family.
(b) Joins the American forces.
(c) Frees all his slaves.
(d) Works as a spy for the British.
10. Where does Willy find her mother after leaving the fort?
(a) At the Ledyard home.
(b) At the cemetery.
(c) She doesn't.
(d) At home.
11. About what is Willy afraid?
(a) Her family's farm will be lost.
(b) Captain Ivers will force her back into slavery.
(c) Mrs. Ivers will treat her badly.
(d) Willy's mother is searching for her.
12. In what village is the Fort located?
13. What does Willy drop on the beach near her boat?
(a) The coat.
(b) The shoes.
(c) The dress.
(d) The message from Captain Ivers.
14. What does Willy do when she wakes the next morning?
(a) Cries and goes back to sleep.
(b) Gets on her horse to go get her father's body.
(c) Feeds the chickens and makes her mother breakfast.
(d) Calls out for her mother.
15. What does Willy's mother say is safer for Jordan than fighting?
(a) Fishing on the bay.
(b) Being a slave.
(c) Waiting on the American generals.
(d) Being a messenger for the American officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Betsy say Willy resembles?
2. What message do the British send to the fort?
3. One does one of the black men ask Willy?
4. What does Willy take that she feels badly about?
5. Who are Jordan and Lucy?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)