|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the British do when Colonel Ledyard surrenders?
(a) Hangs him.
(b) Lets the Americans go after they drop their arms.
(c) Puts him in the stocks.
(d) Stabs him.
2. What does Willy say she wants to do when questioned by Betsy?
(a) Travel to New York.
(b) Stay with Betsy.
(c) Go back home.
(d) Move to Canada.
3. Jordan warns the Americans about _____________.
(a) The British offloading cannons.
(b) Tainted meat.
(c) Livestock being stolen.
(d) British ships in the harbor.
4. What word does Willy hear when she gets back to the horse?
5. Why does Betsy cry when Willy is talking with her?
(a) Over what has happened to Lucy.
(b) Because they will probably have to leave their home.
(c) She does not cry.
(d) Because Willy is so sad.
6. What does Willy's mother tell her to do instead of watching who's passing by the house?
(a) Milk the cow.
(b) Feed the chickens.
(c) Gather eggs.
(d) Weed the garden.
7. What are Willy's first words to a British soldier?
(a) She does not speak to the British soldier.
(b) She's a girl.
(c) Her father will hurt him if he hurts her.
(d) Her brother is only ten and not to hurt him.
8. Who are Betsy and Jack Arabus?
(a) A couple who comes by and asks for some food.
(b) Willy's neighbors.
(c) Willy's best friend's parents.
(d) Willy's aunt and uncle.
9. Who gives Willy a ride at one point on her travel?
(a) No one.
(b) A black family headed for New York in a wagon.
(c) An old black man hauling potatoes.
(d) A wounded black man in a wagon.
10. How does Jordan get into the fort?
(a) Through a small gate at the rear of the fort.
(b) Through the main gate.
(c) Over the wall.
(d) He doesn't.
11. What does Captain Ivers ask Willy when he first sees her?
(a) If she is with the British forces.
(b) If she can cook.
(c) If she is interested in joining the army.
(d) If she is a runaway.
12. Who tells Willy she cannot stay with her aunt and uncle?
(a) Willy's aunt.
(b) Mrs. Ivers.
(c) Willy's uncle.
(d) Captain Ivers.
13. How does Willy get into the fort?
(a) Through the back gate.
(b) By making the horse jump the small outer wall.
(c) Holding onto a rope that her father pulls up.
(d) She does not go to the fort.
14. What does Willy learn that the neighbors thought about Willy?
(a) She had been kidnapped.
(b) She was hiding in the woods.
(c) She had been killed in the fighting.
(d) She had run off with the British.
15. What military fort is near Willy's house?
(a) Fort Lee.
(b) Fort Annapolis.
(c) Fort Griswold.
(d) Fort Sumpter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Willy's parents free?
2. What does Lucy tell two black men to take with them?
3. Why does Willy fear for her father's life?
4. What does Willy wish on this particular day?
5. Where is Jordan at the moment?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)