Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the likely place for a battle between the British and Americans?
(a) Nowhere near the area of Willy's home.
(b) The fort near Willy's home.
(c) Near the coast about 100 miles from Willy's home.
(d) In a valley about forty miles away.
2. Who are the two men that Willy and her mother encounter?
(a) Willy's father and uncle.
(b) Willy's father and his good friend.
(c) The neighbors to the South and West.
(d) Members of the Third New Jersey Volunteers.
3. Who does Willy see when she wakes from her faint?
(a) A British soldier.
(b) Colonel Ledyard.
(c) Her father.
4. What does Willy discover when she scouts the area?
(a) The horse has been stolen.
(b) Someone has buried her father.
(c) The bay is filled with British ships.
(d) There are only a few people left in the village.
5. Why does Willy build a fire?
(a) To get warm.
(b) To roast a rabbit she caught.
(c) To roast some potatoes.
(d) To roast some deer meat the old black man gave her.
6. What does Willy say to the two black men?
(a) She thinks the British are mean.
(b) She did not know the British had black soldiers.
(d) She wishes the British would leave the area.
7. What does Willy learn about her mother?
(a) She went to retrieve her husband's body.
(b) She went to the Ledyard home.
(c) She is dead.
(d) The British took her.
8. What suddenly frightens Willy as she is about to milk the cow?
(a) A bear.
(b) The whine of a cannonball.
(c) A wolf.
(d) The sound of a woman screaming.
9. Whom does Betsy say Willy resembles?
(a) Betsy's mother.
(b) Betsy's grandmother.
(d) Willy's father.
10. What does Willy's mother tell her to do instead of watching who's passing by the house?
(a) Gather eggs.
(b) Feed the chickens.
(c) Weed the garden.
(d) Milk the cow.
11. What is in Baker's Cove?
(a) Some of the neighbors.
(b) Jordan's boat.
(c) A small group of American soldiers.
(d) Willy's aunt and uncle.
12. Why are Willy's parents free?
(a) Jordan has agreed to fight with the Americans.
(b) Their slave owner died.
(c) They were never slaves.
(d) They saved money and bought their freedom.
13. Who is Colonel Ledyard?
(a) The Freeman's former owner.
(b) The leader of the American regiment passing by the Freeman home.
(c) An elderly man who used to be in the British army.
(d) The leader of the British regiment passing by the Freeman home.
14. Where does Willy decide she should go?
(a) To Stratford.
(b) To New York.
(c) To Washington.
(d) To Philadelphia.
15. What is Willy's real name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willy help a young boy do?
2. Why is Uncle Jack at home?
3. Who are Jordan and Lucy?
4. Why can't Willy do one of her daily chores today?
5. Who are Betsy and Jack Arabus?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)