|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Willy think her mother might be taken?
(a) New York.
2. Why do Willy and her mother run toward the cow?
(a) They hear some shrieking noises.
(b) They want to figure out why the cow is not giving any milk.
(c) The cow is in the safest area of the farm.
(d) They hear the cow moo.
3. What does Willy say she wants to do when questioned by Betsy?
(a) Go back home.
(b) Move to Canada.
(c) Stay with Betsy.
(d) Travel to New York.
4. What word does Willy hear when she gets back to the horse?
5. How does Lucy get the cow?
(a) In payment for Lucy nursing a child back to health.
(b) She buys it with their life's savings.
(c) The narrator does not say how she came to have the cow.
(d) She saves the calf's life when it is abandoned.
6. Where does Willy stay near when she is traveling?
(a) The coastline.
(b) The beach.
(c) The edge of the woods.
(d) The marshes.
7. Where does Willy find her mother after leaving the fort?
(a) At home.
(b) At the Ledyard home.
(c) At the cemetery.
(d) She doesn't.
8. What does Lucy tell two black men to take with them?
(a) The cow's milk.
(b) The cow meat.
(c) Some mushrooms.
(d) Some greens.
9. Where is Willy determined to go?
(a) To retrieve her father's body.
(b) To find her mother.
(c) To the harbor.
(d) To the Ledyard home.
10. What does Willy wish on this particular day?
(a) She did not have to work in the family garden.
(b) Her mother would allow her to go to town to meet her father.
(c) Her father were home.
(d) She could go to the school that the white children attend.
11. What does Jordan say to one of the black soldiers?
(a) Tells him to get off his land.
(b) Tells him to leave the cow's carcass.
(c) Orders the soldier to let Willy go.
(d) Asks him about joining the British army.
12. Why are Willy's parents free?
(a) Their slave owner died.
(b) They saved money and bought their freedom.
(c) They were never slaves.
(d) Jordan has agreed to fight with the Americans.
13. What angers Willy the next day?
(a) Her uncle is beat for taking in Willy.
(b) Captain Ivers hints that he will claim her as property.
(c) She is made to scrub floors.
(d) She is made to put on a dress.
14. What is Willy's real name?
15. What does Willy do immediately after her visitor leaves?
(a) Makes something to eat.
(b) Lies down and cries.
(c) Goes to the barn to feed the chickens.
(d) Packs up her belongings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jordan have to avoid when he goes to warn the Americans?
2. What does Lucy beg Jordan not to do?
3. What does Willy learn about her mother?
4. Who tells Willy to get out of the fort?
5. How does Willy get into the fort?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)