|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the two men that Willy and her mother encounter?
(a) Members of the Third New Jersey Volunteers.
(b) Willy's father and his good friend.
(c) Willy's father and uncle.
(d) The neighbors to the South and West.
2. What does Willy say is not a good idea to her aunt?
(a) Staying with them.
(b) Going to New York.
(c) Changing into a dress.
(d) Going back to her family's farm.
3. What does Jordan say to one of the black soldiers?
(a) Tells him to leave the cow's carcass.
(b) Asks him about joining the British army.
(c) Orders the soldier to let Willy go.
(d) Tells him to get off his land.
4. What is in Baker's Cove?
(a) A small group of American soldiers.
(b) Some of the neighbors.
(c) Willy's aunt and uncle.
(d) Jordan's boat.
5. What are Willy's first words to a British soldier?
(a) She does not speak to the British soldier.
(b) She's a girl.
(c) Her father will hurt him if he hurts her.
(d) Her brother is only ten and not to hurt him.
6. How does Jordan get into the fort?
(a) He doesn't.
(b) Over the wall.
(c) Through a small gate at the rear of the fort.
(d) Through the main gate.
7. Who tells Willy to get out of the fort?
(a) An American soldier.
(b) Her father.
(c) A British soldier.
(d) William Latham.
8. What does Jordan have to avoid when he goes to warn the Americans?
(a) Musket fire and cannon balls.
(b) Native American scouts.
(c) The British front lines.
(d) The British rear guard.
9. Why does Willy sit down at home to wait?
(a) Their is still a lot of fighting going on.
(b) Her mother left her a note telling to wait for her.
(c) She figures her mother will be home soon.
(d) She is tired.
10. What does Lucy beg Jordan not to do?
(a) Take Willy with him.
(b) Join the British army.
(c) Take them off the farm and go South.
(d) Scout for the Americans.
11. What does Willy do when she wakes the next morning?
(a) Gets on her horse to go get her father's body.
(b) Calls out for her mother.
(c) Cries and goes back to sleep.
(d) Feeds the chickens and makes her mother breakfast.
12. What military fort is near Willy's house?
(a) Fort Sumpter.
(b) Fort Griswold.
(c) Fort Annapolis.
(d) Fort Lee.
13. What is one option Willy thinks about but discards?
(a) Traveling south with many other former slaves.
(b) Going to the Ledyard home.
(c) Staying and taking care of the farm.
(d) Joining the American army pretending to be a boy.
14. In what village is the Fort located?
15. What happens to Jordan after Colonel Ledyard surrenders?
(a) He is eventually killed.
(c) He is let go.
(d) He is imprisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Freeman the cow kept?
2. What word does Willy hear when she gets back to the horse?
3. Where is Willy determined to go?
4. About what is Willy afraid?
5. Why does Jordan want Willy to go with him to the woods near the fort?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)