|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Betsy and Jack Arabus?
(a) Willy's neighbors.
(b) A couple who comes by and asks for some food.
(c) Willy's aunt and uncle.
(d) Willy's best friend's parents.
2. What do the British do when Colonel Ledyard surrenders?
(a) Puts him in the stocks.
(b) Lets the Americans go after they drop their arms.
(c) Hangs him.
(d) Stabs him.
3. What does Captain Ivers order Willy to do?
(a) Cook him a meal.
(b) Give him her paper attesting to her freedom.
(c) Leave the house.
(d) Put on a dress.
4. Where does Willy stay near when she is traveling?
(a) The edge of the woods.
(b) The beach.
(c) The marshes.
(d) The coastline.
5. What is in Baker's Cove?
(a) Jordan's boat.
(b) A small group of American soldiers.
(c) Willy's aunt and uncle.
(d) Some of the neighbors.
6. Why is Jordan happy about his horse?
(a) The horse is pregnant.
(b) The black men did not find it.
(c) The horse is no longer lame.
(d) The horse is over a bout of colic.
7. Who tells Willy she cannot stay with her aunt and uncle?
(a) Captain Ivers.
(b) Willy's aunt.
(c) Willy's uncle.
(d) Mrs. Ivers.
8. What is one option Willy thinks about but discards?
(a) Going to the Ledyard home.
(b) Traveling south with many other former slaves.
(c) Staying and taking care of the farm.
(d) Joining the American army pretending to be a boy.
9. Why can't Willy do one of her daily chores today?
(a) Because of the fighting between the Americans and British.
(b) There are no needles in the house.
(c) The horses are too restless with all the cannon sounds.
(d) The Ledyards have left for New York.
10. Who passes by Willy's house?
(a) A group of slaves.
(c) British soldiers.
(d) American soldiers.
11. Who tells Willy to gather up her possessions and come to Granny's home?
(a) No one.
(b) Willy's mother.
(c) Granny Hyde.
(d) Mrs. Ledyard.
12. In what village is the Fort located?
13. What does Willy discover when she scouts the area?
(a) The horse has been stolen.
(b) Someone has buried her father.
(c) There are only a few people left in the village.
(d) The bay is filled with British ships.
14. Why do Willy and her mother run toward the cow?
(a) The cow is in the safest area of the farm.
(b) They want to figure out why the cow is not giving any milk.
(c) They hear the cow moo.
(d) They hear some shrieking noises.
15. Why does Willy sit down at home to wait?
(a) She is tired.
(b) Their is still a lot of fighting going on.
(c) She figures her mother will be home soon.
(d) Her mother left her a note telling to wait for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Willy's first words to a British soldier?
2. About what does Lucy debate as she is walking?
3. With whom is Uncle Jack serving?
4. Who comes in the house and demands to know who Willy is?
5. What does Willy think about instead of her father?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)