|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willy learn about her mother?
(a) The British took her.
(b) She went to the Ledyard home.
(c) She is dead.
(d) She went to retrieve her husband's body.
2. What suddenly frightens Willy as she is about to milk the cow?
(a) A wolf.
(b) The sound of a woman screaming.
(c) The whine of a cannonball.
(d) A bear.
3. What does Willy suddenly think might be possible?
(a) Her aunt will not want to take Willy in.
(b) Her mother went to Willy's aunt and uncle's home.
(c) Her aunt and uncle no longer live where they used to.
(d) Her mother is dead.
4. Why is Jordan happy about his horse?
(a) The horse is no longer lame.
(b) The black men did not find it.
(c) The horse is pregnant.
(d) The horse is over a bout of colic.
5. How does Willy get into the fort?
(a) Through the back gate.
(b) By making the horse jump the small outer wall.
(c) Holding onto a rope that her father pulls up.
(d) She does not go to the fort.
6. Who tells Willy she cannot stay with her aunt and uncle?
(a) Willy's uncle.
(b) Willy's aunt.
(c) Mrs. Ivers.
(d) Captain Ivers.
7. Who are Jordan and Lucy?
(a) Willy's siblings.
(b) Willy's aunt and uncle.
(c) Willy's parents.
(d) Willy's grandparents.
8. How does Willy distract her captives?
(a) By screaming about a snake.
(b) By screaming about a bear.
(c) By tossing pebbles into the woods.
(d) By waving at imaginary foes.
9. About what does Lucy debate as she is walking?
(a) Whether she wants to claim to be British or American.
(b) If the British are right.
(c) If her mother is still alive.
(d) Whether she should go into New York City.
10. What does Captain Ivers ask Willy when he first sees her?
(a) If she is a runaway.
(b) If she is interested in joining the army.
(c) If she can cook.
(d) If she is with the British forces.
11. One does one of the black men ask Willy?
(a) If she is a boy.
(b) If she wants to go with them.
(c) If she has a husband.
(d) If she wants to join the army.
12. What is one of Willy's daily jobs?
(a) To clean out the barn.
(b) To take the mild to the Ledyard family.
(c) To check the fences.
(d) To mend the family's clothes.
13. Who has told Willy's uncle about New York?
(a) No one.
(b) Sam Fraunces.
(c) Captain Ivers.
(d) Colonel Breechton.
14. What does the cow represent to Lucy Freeman?
(d) Freedom and ownership.
15. Who tells Willy to get out of the fort?
(a) William Latham.
(b) Her father.
(c) A British soldier.
(d) An American soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willy wish on this particular day?
2. What does Lucy tell two black men to take with them?
3. What do the British do when Colonel Ledyard surrenders?
4. What does Willy do when she wakes the next morning?
5. What does Willy encounter as she is sailing toward New York?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)