|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willy learn about her mother?
(a) She went to the Ledyard home.
(b) She is dead.
(c) She went to retrieve her husband's body.
(d) The British took her.
2. Why is Jordan happy about his horse?
(a) The black men did not find it.
(b) The horse is over a bout of colic.
(c) The horse is pregnant.
(d) The horse is no longer lame.
3. Why does Willy fear for her father's life?
(a) He is on his way home and the path is near the conflict.
(b) He does not have his paperwork attesting to his freedom.
(c) Shots are being fired toward the bay.
(d) He is fighting with Washington's regiment.
4. What does Willy try to do at first when speaking to Mr. Fraunces?
(a) Lie completely.
(b) Tell him half truths.
(c) Cry to get his sympathy.
(d) Refuse to talk.
5. Why is Uncle Jack at home?
(a) He is on furlough.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He is wounded.
(d) His owner needs him right now.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willy discover when she scouts the area?
2. What does Willy drop on the beach near her boat?
3. When do the British finally leave New York?
4. What do the two black men say about the Americans?
5. With whom is Uncle Jack serving?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)