|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Goodrich tell Willy when he comes to the tavern?
(a) Her mother is in Virginia.
(b) Her mother died the year before.
(c) Her father's farm is being sold.
(d) Her mother is with Aunt Betsy.
2. Where is Freeman the cow kept?
(a) It wanders around the farm where it wants to go.
(b) In the barn right next to the house.
(c) In the pasture that lies fallow.
(d) In what Willy calls a salt marsh.
3. What does Willy help a young boy do?
(a) Make food for the soldiers.
(b) Make cartridges for the muskets.
(c) Take water around to the soldiers.
(d) Tear up sheets for bandages.
4. What word does Willy hear when she gets back to the horse?
5. What do the two black men urge Lucy and Willy to do?
(a) Ask the British colonel for compensation for the cow.
(b) Leave the area with the British.
(c) Go with them to talk to the black families in the area.
(d) Head south towards Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willy promise to Betsy that she will do?
2. Why does Willy hang a horse blanket in the loft?
3. What does Willy do on the ship on the way to the Coast?
4. What does Willy realize about Horace as they are talking?
5. How do people make temporary housing in Canvas Town?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)