|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 through 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Willy's parents free?
(a) Their slave owner died.
(b) They were never slaves.
(c) Jordan has agreed to fight with the Americans.
(d) They saved money and bought their freedom.
2. How old is Willy?
3. What does Willy's mother tell her to do instead of watching who's passing by the house?
(a) Milk the cow.
(b) Feed the chickens.
(c) Gather eggs.
(d) Weed the garden.
4. How does Willy distract her captives?
(a) By waving at imaginary foes.
(b) By tossing pebbles into the woods.
(c) By screaming about a snake.
(d) By screaming about a bear.
5. Where is Jordan at the moment?
(a) Fishing on the bay.
(b) Drilling with an American regiment.
(c) In town seeing a doctor.
(d) Planting the fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willy help a young boy do?
2. What does Jordan say to one of the black soldiers?
3. What do the British do when Colonel Ledyard surrenders?
4. What does Willy do when she wakes the next morning?
5. What does Willy say she wants to do when questioned by Betsy?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)