|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Willy's most vivid memory of "that day"?
(a) Men screaming.
(b) The dog howling.
(c) The sun flashing on the bayonets.
(d) An owl hooting.
2. What does Willy's mother say is safer for Jordan than fighting?
(a) Fishing on the bay.
(b) Being a messenger for the American officers.
(c) Being a slave.
(d) Waiting on the American generals.
3. What does Willy wish on this particular day?
(a) She could go to the school that the white children attend.
(b) Her mother would allow her to go to town to meet her father.
(c) She did not have to work in the family garden.
(d) Her father were home.
4. Who are Jordan and Lucy?
(a) Willy's parents.
(b) Willy's siblings.
(c) Willy's aunt and uncle.
(d) Willy's grandparents.
5. Who is Colonel Ledyard?
(a) The leader of the British regiment passing by the Freeman home.
(b) The leader of the American regiment passing by the Freeman home.
(c) The Freeman's former owner.
(d) An elderly man who used to be in the British army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Willy and her mother run toward the cow?
2. Who passes by Willy's house?
3. What do the two black men say about the Americans?
4. What does Willy's mother say about Willy's dress?
5. Where is Jordan at the moment?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)