|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Horace say is the key to telling lies?
(a) The liar has to believe the lie.
(b) The liar should look directly into the listener's eyes.
(c) The liar should not look at the listener's eyes.
(d) The liar has to appear lower in the eyes of the listener.
2. Why does Willy think she should search Canvas Town?
(a) Mr. Fraunces suggests that she do so.
(b) Some of the women who are homeless end up in Canvas Town.
(c) She would be safe there.
(d) Someone saw a group of black women there.
3. What does Willy's mother say is safer for Jordan than fighting?
(a) Being a slave.
(b) Fishing on the bay.
(c) Being a messenger for the American officers.
(d) Waiting on the American generals.
4. How does Willy feel in her home at the tavern?
5. What does Willy say about her mother?
(a) She does not look like she is dying.
(b) Her mother will live if Willy can care for her.
(c) She would not have recognized her if she had not known that it was her mother.
(d) Willy is proud of her mother for surviving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willy say she wants to do when questioned by Betsy?
2. Why does Betsy cry when Willy is talking with her?
3. What does Willy do when she wakes the next morning?
4. What does Willy take that she feels badly about?
5. Why does William mistake Willy for a boy?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)