|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Horace uncomfortable?
(a) He just realized Willy is a girl.
(b) The cook teases him about a girl down the street.
(c) His mother admonishes him about bringing strangers home.
(d) He is unsure how Mr. Fraunces will react to Willy.
2. What is Willy's most vivid memory of "that day"?
(a) An owl hooting.
(b) Men screaming.
(c) The sun flashing on the bayonets.
(d) The dog howling.
3. What does Willy say she wants to do when questioned by Betsy?
(a) Move to Canada.
(b) Stay with Betsy.
(c) Travel to New York.
(d) Go back home.
4. What is one option Willy thinks about but discards?
(a) Going to the Ledyard home.
(b) Staying and taking care of the farm.
(c) Joining the American army pretending to be a boy.
(d) Traveling south with many other former slaves.
5. What does Willy fear about the woman in Canvas Town?
(a) She will trick Willy.
(b) She will try to sell Willy back to Captain Ivers.
(c) She will turn Willy in to the British.
(d) She will turn Willy in to the New York constable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Horace say when Willy tells him goodbye?
2. Why does Willy sit down at home to wait?
3. Who is Colonel Ledyard?
4. What is the young boy who offers Willy a ride carrying?
5. In what month is there word that the British have officially lost the war?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)