|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Horace suggest that Willy say about having no money?
(a) She was sick and had to pay for medicine.
(b) She got drunk, fell asleep, and was robbed.
(c) She gave it all to her father who beat it out of her.
(d) Her mother demanded it for food for her brothers.
2. What message do the British send to the fort?
(a) A demand for their surrender.
(b) An offer to let the women and children leave the fort.
(c) They do not send a note.
(d) A demand for their British prisoners.
3. What military fort is near Willy's house?
(a) Fort Annapolis.
(b) Fort Lee.
(c) Fort Sumpter.
(d) Fort Griswold.
4. What does Willy think about instead of her father?
(a) The smells around her.
(b) The cow.
(c) The horse.
(d) Her mother.
5. Where does Horace suggest they get a meal?
(a) In a inn that sailors frequent.
(b) At the boarding house where he stays.
(c) On the wharf.
(d) In the kitchen at the Queen's Head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willy suddenly think might be possible?
2. Who are the two men that Willy and her mother encounter?
3. Who comes in the house and demands to know who Willy is?
4. What does Lucy tell two black men to take with them?
5. What does Willy wish on this particular day?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)