* Willy, whose real name is Wilhemina Freeman, remembers the day the British landed near her town.
* Jordan and Lucy Freeman are Willy's parents and are the former slaves of Colonel Ledyard, who frees them in return for Jordan fighting in the war.
* Willy wishes her father were home as the British march by, but her mother says he is safer out fishing on the bay.
* Lucy sends Willy out to milk the cow, which is given to Lucy by Mrs. Ledyard for Lucy nursing a Ledyard child back to health.
* The cow represents freedom and ownership to Lucy.
* The sounds of cannon shots scare Willy, who fears for her father's life.
* Willy's mother tells her to forgo making the daily milk run to the Ledyard home because of the presence of British soldiers.
* Lucy and Willy run towards the cow when they hear a noise and...
This section contains 1,525 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)