Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sid mean by "backwash" if he and Florence married?
2. What lesson does Benjamin learn about theory versus life experience?
3. What does Sid's brother do to deal with the trying economic times?
4. Why does Benjamin choose not to leave the United States?
5. What makes Clayton notorious?
Hunger is a marker in the play; food and/or the lack of it comes up in at least three scenes. How do discussions about hunger and food speak to the issue of social class? What characters can you put in a class hierarchy based on dialogue about hunger and/or food? What is that hierarchy and what evidence supports your arrangement? What do you know about persistent hunger in the USA, who it affects, and what your responsibility is for ending it?
How is the language of Agate and Fatt similar or different when they attempt to persuade workers? Which approach is most effective? Less successful? Why?
The contributions of extended family members are critical to the survival of Florence and Sid's families. How would Florence's family change had she ignored Irv's insistence that she not get married? What are your thoughts about Florence's rights to her own life?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)