|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sid mean by "backwash" if he and Florence married?
(a) The families would back them up.
(b) The marriage would negatively affect the families.
(c) Everything would work out okay.
(d) The families would benefit from the marriage.
2. What lesson does Benjamin learn about theory versus life experience?
(a) Theory is nothing more than conjecture.
(b) His opinion about the two is unchanged.
(c) Life experience makes theories believable.
(d) Experience and theories are not related.
3. What does Sid's brother do to deal with the trying economic times?
(a) Robs a bank.
(b) Joins the navy.
(c) Joins the union.
(d) Goes to night school.
4. Why does Benjamin choose not to leave the United States?
(a) He cannot afford to leave the country.
(b) His wife does not want to leave her family.
(c) He cannot get a passport.
(d) He wants to fight for workers' rights in the United States.
5. What makes Clayton notorious?
(a) He was a Gunman for Fatt.
(b) He has busted unions in several industries.
(c) His father was a famous union organizer.
(d) He has a mean streak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Benjamin upset when he first arrives at Dr. Barnes' office?
2. What influential character is talked about but does not appear in Scene 3 or Scene 4?
3. What does Irv forbid Florence to do?
4. How does the speaker approach the workers?
5. Who does Fatt ask to stop the talkative Voice?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)