|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason Dr. Barnes gives Benjamin for closing his ward?
(a) Budget deficit.
(b) Inadequate number of patients.
(c) Loss of staff.
(d) Change in services.
2. How does Benjamin's unexpected job loss affect his understanding of the world?
(a) He realizes he has a responsibility to change the world.
(b) It is just another bad day for him.
(c) His understanding remains unchanged.
(d) He understands he is powerless to change the world.
3. What is one reason Sid says that it is so trying to be a man?
(a) The bosses with money keep the working class down.
(b) Women are too demanding.
(c) Men at work challenge his manhood.
(d) His family wants him to remain a kid.
4. What does Sid do while thinking about Florence before he sees her?
(a) He stops and buys her an engagement ring.
(b) He fixes a flat tire.
(c) He gets a ticket for running a red light.
(d) He runs into a beer truck.
5. What symbolic act does Benjamin perform at the end of his meeting with Dr. Barnes?
(a) He removes his lab coat.
(b) A handshake.
(c) A Communist salute.
(d) A raised clenched fist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sid need to satisfy Irv?
2. What "complications" result in Benjamin's firing?
3. How does the girl feel about the hack?
4. Why is Benjamin surprised by the board's discriminatory firing?
5. What are the three things Florence does for the family?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)