|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the three things Florence does for the family?
(a) Care for mother, cook, iron shirts.
(b) Cook, wash clothes, iron pants.
(c) Care for mother, wash, clean the house.
(d) Shop, clean the bathroom, care for Irv.
2. What factors limit Dr. Barnes' employment options?
(a) Age and ethnicity.
(b) Work ethic and alcoholism.
(c) Indebtedness and medical competence.
(d) His age and invalid daughter.
3. What is the mood at the end of Scene 4?
4. How does Fatt plan to convince the workers that strikes don't work?
(a) Read them the latest edition of the newspaper.
(b) Give a persuasive speech.
(c) Pass out copies of the Philadelphia report.
(d) Present experience as evidence.
5. Why is the hack judged so harshly by his girl's family?
(a) He is arrogant.
(b) He has been mean to his girl in the past.
(c) He barely makes a living.
(d) He does not act like a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the rewards Sam can expect for fighting in the war?
2. In Scene 5, what city does Fatt want the workers to hear about?
3. In what year does Scene 4 occur?
4. How does the hack feel about his girl?
5. What do Fatt's men do to the Voice?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)