|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Benjamin feel that he will not be affected by the ward closing?
(a) He was recently promoted to the senior position
(b) He was promised a permanent contract.
(c) He has had seniority for a while.
(d) He is too good to let go.
2. What does the Voice say is growing on the family tree?
3. What are the three things Florence does for the family?
(a) Cook, wash clothes, iron pants.
(b) Care for mother, cook, iron shirts.
(c) Shop, clean the bathroom, care for Irv.
(d) Care for mother, wash, clean the house.
4. What is Fatt's reaction to the Voice's accusation?
5. What does Irv forbid Florence to do?
(a) Spend money.
(b) Work late.
(c) Talk to Sid.
(d) Get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Barnes feel about the way the board treats Benjamin?
2. What is one reason Sid says that it is so trying to be a man?
3. What is Clayton accused of doing?
4. What is one of the rewards Sam can expect for fighting in the war?
5. Why might Dr. Barnes feel guilty about the situation?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)