|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Benjamin feel that he will not be affected by the ward closing?
(a) He is too good to let go.
(b) He was promised a permanent contract.
(c) He has had seniority for a while.
(d) He was recently promoted to the senior position
2. What symbolic act does Benjamin perform at the end of his meeting with Dr. Barnes?
(a) A handshake.
(b) He removes his lab coat.
(c) A raised clenched fist.
(d) A Communist salute.
3. What is the setting of Scene 6?
(c) Fancy office.
4. What factors limit Dr. Barnes' employment options?
(a) Age and ethnicity.
(b) Work ethic and alcoholism.
(c) Indebtedness and medical competence.
(d) His age and invalid daughter.
5. Where do Florence and Sid get the scene they act out?
(a) From the movies.
(b) A high school play.
(c) The dialogue in a book.
(d) A radio program.
Short Answer Questions
1. What metaphor for time does Clayton use to discourage a strike?
2. What is Clayton accused of doing?
3. What character is making accusations against Clayton?
4. What does Sid need to satisfy Irv?
5. What makes Clayton notorious?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)