|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Benjamin surprised by the board's discriminatory firing?
(a) Fellow Jews sit on the board.
(b) He thought Barnes would protect him.
(c) Rich Gentiles have accepted him in the past.
(d) He has gotten only excellent reviews in the past.
2. How is the girl like Miller from Scene 3?
(a) She just lost her job.
(b) She works in a laboratory.
(c) She does not smoke or drink.
(d) She just got a raise.
3. What does Sid's brother do to deal with the trying economic times?
(a) Robs a bank.
(b) Joins the union.
(c) Joins the navy.
(d) Goes to night school.
4. What lesson does Benjamin learn about theory versus life experience?
(a) Experience and theories are not related.
(b) Life experience makes theories believable.
(c) Theory is nothing more than conjecture.
(d) His opinion about the two is unchanged.
5. Where is the hack taking his girl?
(a) To a ball game.
(b) To a dance.
(c) Out to dinner.
(d) To the movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fatt's reaction to the Voice's accusation?
2. What are the three things Florence says she wants from life?
3. What symbolic act does Benjamin perform at the end of his meeting with Dr. Barnes?
4. What do Fatt's men do to the Voice?
5. What is Dr. Barnes' complaint about modern medicine?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)