|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What metaphor for time does Clayton use to discourage a strike?
(a) Unripe fruit.
(b) Basting meat.
(c) Roasting nuts.
(d) Baking bread.
2. What influential character is talked about but does not appear in Scene 3 or Scene 4?
(a) Uncle Sam.
(b) The brother.
(c) The mother.
(d) A spouse.
3. What is Dr. Barnes' complaint about modern medicine?
(a) The good old medical techniques aren't used anymore.
(b) Medicine is run by the rich instead of doctors.
(c) Doctors do not care enough about the patients.
(d) No one can afford the new-fangled techniques.
4. How does Benjamin's unexpected job loss affect his understanding of the world?
(a) He realizes he has a responsibility to change the world.
(b) He understands he is powerless to change the world.
(c) His understanding remains unchanged.
(d) It is just another bad day for him.
5. What does Irv forbid Florence to do?
(a) Work late.
(b) Spend money.
(c) Get married.
(d) Talk to Sid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "complications" result in Benjamin's firing?
2. What does Irv think of Florence?
3. What symbolic act does Benjamin perform at the end of his meeting with Dr. Barnes?
4. What makes Clayton notorious?
5. What is the speaker's attitude toward Fatt?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)