|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What upsets Benjamin most about the hospital's politics?
(a) Dr. Barnes' lack of support.
(b) Treating poor people differently.
(c) The way he is insulted.
(d) Leed's political connections.
2. What does Sid's brother do to deal with the trying economic times?
(a) Joins the navy.
(b) Joins the union.
(c) Goes to night school.
(d) Robs a bank.
3. What does Irv forbid Florence to do?
(a) Spend money.
(b) Work late.
(c) Get married.
(d) Talk to Sid.
4. What does Sid mean by "backwash" if he and Florence married?
(a) The families would benefit from the marriage.
(b) Everything would work out okay.
(c) The marriage would negatively affect the families.
(d) The families would back them up.
5. What is one of the rewards Sam can expect for fighting in the war?
(a) Girls will think he's special.
(b) He gets to play basketball.
(c) He becomes a hero.
(d) He can work wherever he wants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the hack and his girl?
2. Where do Florence and Sid get the scene they act out?
3. Why is the hack judged so harshly by his girl's family?
4. Why is Benjamin upset when he first arrives at Dr. Barnes' office?
5. What is the state of health of Florence's mother?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)