|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edna think she is turning into?
(a) A nag.
(b) A workaholic.
(c) A dingbat.
(d) An overweight wife.
2. How much do Joe and Edna pay for rent?
(a) Six dollars a week.
(b) Five dollars a day.
(c) Ten dollars a week.
(d) Fifteen dollars a month.
3. Who does Joe accuse of racketeering?
4. What makes Miller especially vulnerable to exploitation?
(a) He earned his degree in a foreign country.
(b) He is too agreeable.
(c) He is a foreigner.
(d) He does not write well.
5. What does Edna think about strikes?
(a) She's not sure.
(b) Strikes can work.
(c) Strikes are too risky.
(d) Strikes do not work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Fatt described?
2. Who are the two Hollywood stars imitated by the buying public?
3. How does Joe react to Edna's threats and accusations?
4. What color is the hair of Joe and Edna's children?
5. What does Edna imply that her current financial situation is causing to happen to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fayette's dialogue in which he uses the words "pollacks and niggers" say about his prejudice?
2. What does Benjamin decide to do after being fired, and what had he been thinking about doing?
3. How has Sid's economic situation affected his self-esteem?
4. What are some of Joe's explanations for not making enough money to support his family?
5. What are several factors that have contributed to Benjamin's removal from surgery?
6. Who speaks for the workers?
7. Is Miller's use of violence against Fayette an acceptable response to being fired?
8. Why is Benjamin coming to see Dr. Barnes?
9. Is Fayette's decision to fire Miller for refusing to spy on his supervisor morally right or wrong?
10. What is the point of emphasizing the closeness of Philadelphia to the workers?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)