|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the hackers need to do to be successful?
(a) Pay off the union leaders.
(b) Stand up like men and fight for their families.
(c) Meet behind closed doors and make a plan.
(d) Send the Gunman out of the meeting hall.
2. Who does Joe accuse of racketeering?
3. What is one thing Fatt accuses "reds" of doing?
(a) Spying on workers.
(b) Turning women into Christians.
(c) Supporting bosses against workers.
(d) Turning women into prostitutes.
4. What does Edna imply that her current financial situation is causing to happen to her?
(a) Putting wrinkles on her face.
(b) Missing her favorite movie.
(c) Crying every day.
(d) Losing weight.
5. How does Edna react to Joe's attempts at affection?
(a) Welcomes his embrace.
(b) Refuses to let him touch her.
(c) Gives him a back rub.
(d) Slaps his face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What proof does Joe offer to contest Fatt's suggestion that workers had hot suppers to go home to?
2. Who has ordered the research in Laboratory A?
3. What does Fayette believe is the advantage of keeping certain employees drunk?
4. How is Fatt described?
5. What foods does Edna identify as being very important for maintaining the kids' health?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sid think will happen if he and Florence marry?
2. What is the significance of the discussion about Fayette's office?
3. What do you think Sid and Florence feel by the end of Scene 4?
4. How does Joe explain his change in attitude about the need to strike?
5. Who speaks for the workers?
6. Why is Dr. Barnes angry?
7. Is Miller's use of violence against Fayette an acceptable response to being fired?
8. In Scene 1 the play foreshadows many of the characters whose stories are told. Agate gives the reader a quick look back. Who are the characters he brings attention to and what are there issues?
9. What is the mood of the workers?
10. What is the point of emphasizing the closeness of Philadelphia to the workers?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)