|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the professions of the two main characters?
(a) Dental assistant and manager.
(b) Lab assistant and industrialist.
(c) Cab driver and union leader.
(d) Doctor and hospital administrator.
2. In Scene 3, what changes the employee's mind about the new work assignment?
(a) He doesn't think he can make a difference.
(b) Making chemical weapons.
(c) The boss asks him to spy on his supervisor.
(d) Writing weekly reports on his research.
3. Who is Andy Gump?
(a) A newspaper comic strip character.
(b) The guy who worked in Laboratory A.
(c) A mentally challenged movie character.
(d) One of the employees who led the strike.
4. Who is the smoker and drinker in Scene 3?
5. What motivates the Gunman to move from his original position to center stage?
(a) He is checking the agenda located on the table.
(b) A character moves to the front to speak.
(c) Someone gets into a shoving match with Fatt.
(d) He is told to quiet the crowd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edna mean when she says, "Everything was gonna be so ducky!"?
2. What does Fatt do to send the Gunman back to his original position?
3. What does Joe initially think about strikes?
4. In what war do 12 million men die?
5. What does Edna imply that her current financial situation is causing to happen to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some reasons Joe doesn't want to strike?
2. Why does Edna threaten infidelity as a way to convince Joe to support a strike?
3. How does Odets forewarn the audience of Lefty's death?
4. Is Fayette's decision to fire Miller for refusing to spy on his supervisor morally right or wrong?
5. What is Joe and Edna's relationship like?
6. What does Sid think about war and education?
7. What are the first indications that Joe and Edna are having financial problems?
8. What are some reasons that Odets puts figurative language into Agate's dialogue?
9. How are Scenes 1 and 2 related?
10. What are some of the reasons that Fayette selects Miller for the new project?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)