|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe bring home from the war?
(a) An angry disposition.
(b) A new wife.
(d) A medal.
2. What reasons does Joe give for not making more money?
(a) Conditions and no work.
(b) Recent illness and bad weather.
(c) Competition and bad weather.
(d) Conditions and competition.
3. What does Edna imply that her current financial situation is causing to happen to her?
(a) Crying every day.
(b) Putting wrinkles on her face.
(c) Missing her favorite movie.
(d) Losing weight.
4. How much of a raise is Miller initially offered?
(a) Twelve dollars a year.
(b) Twenty dollars a month.
(c) Five dollars a month.
(d) Two dollars a day.
5. What quality in employees does the company reward?
(a) Networking skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe initially think about strikes?
2. How does Joe feel about being the man of the house?
3. How does Joe react to Edna's threats and accusations?
4. Who are the two Hollywood stars imitated by the buying public?
5. What does Edna fear will happen to the kids' bodies if they don't eat better?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Scenes 1 and 2 related?
2. What makes Scene 4 romantic?
3. What does Benjamin decide to do after being fired, and what had he been thinking about doing?
4. Are there real advantages of looking at strikes in the laborer's own industry rather than work in general, as Fatt suggests?
5. What does Agate's dialogue about the union button imply?
6. How does the cry to strike become a battle cry?
7. What are some of Joe's explanations for not making enough money to support his family?
8. How does Fatt try to discourage the Voice from exposing the spy?
9. What does Sid think will happen if he and Florence marry?
10. How does Clayton connect to the workers?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)