|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the state of consumer markets?
(a) They are losing money.
(b) They are stagnant.
(c) They are contracting.
(d) They are expanding.
2. Who has ordered the research in Laboratory A?
(a) Private industry.
(b) Uncle Sam.
(c) A philantropy organization.
(d) A local research hospital.
3. Who is referred to as having "more guts than a slaughter house?"
(c) The Gunman.
4. What does it mean to "take a run-out powder?"
(a) Not leave when asked.
(b) Take medicine for an upset stomach.
(c) Take a quick trip somewhere.
(d) Not show up as promised.
5. What is the setting of Scene 3?
(a) A research laboratory.
(b) The living room of a house.
(c) A luxurious office.
(d) A neighborhood restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe do to quiet the men?
2. What is the role of the character chewing on a toothpick?
3. Who does Joe accuse of racketeering?
4. What does Joe tell Edna he had for lunch when he gets home from work?
5. What is being developed in Laboratory A?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who speaks for the workers?
2. Why does Edna threaten infidelity as a way to convince Joe to support a strike?
3. Besides going to bed hungry, how else are the children affected by Joe and Edna's financial situation?
4. How does Odets forewarn the audience of Lefty's death?
5. Is Florence right to put the family ahead of what she wants? Why or why not?
6. How do you think Irv feels as a result of his behavior toward Florence?
7. Why doesn't Edna want Joe to yell?
8. Is Fayette's decision to fire Miller for refusing to spy on his supervisor morally right or wrong?
9. Is Fatt respected by the workers?
10. At what point does Miller change his mind about the new assignment?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)