|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is accused of taking a "run-out powder?"
2. What is the relationship of the main characters in Scene 3?
(a) Father and son.
(b) Waiter and customer.
(c) Employer and employee.
(d) Brother and sister.
3. What color is the hair of Joe and Edna's children?
4. Who is the president as named in this scene?
5. What are the professions of the two main characters?
(a) Dental assistant and manager.
(b) Lab assistant and industrialist.
(c) Cab driver and union leader.
(d) Doctor and hospital administrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Miller treated at the beginning of the meeting?
2. Why is the boss meeting with Miller?
3. Why do the characters assemble in the first scene?
4. What is the role of the character chewing on a toothpick?
5. Who helps Joe overcome his fear of fighting for a living wage and make up his mind?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Joe and Edna's relationship like?
2. What are some reasons that Odets puts figurative language into Agate's dialogue?
3. What, if anything, justifies Fatt's use of a spy to avoid a strike?
4. What are Dr. Barnes and Benjamin talking about when they refer to the "disease" and how is Benjamin affected by it?
5. How does Fatt try to dismiss the workers?
6. How does the dialogue about smoking and drinking speak to the qualities of the two characters?
7. How does Fatt try to convince the workers not to take action?
8. What does Fayette's dialogue in which he uses the words "pollacks and niggers" say about his prejudice?
9. How does Agate's approach to the workers compare with that of Clayton the spy's approach in Scene 5?
10. Why is Benjamin coming to see Dr. Barnes?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)