|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Joe overcome his fear of fighting for a living wage and make up his mind?
(a) His wife.
(d) Sol Feinberg.
2. What reasons does Joe give for not making more money?
(a) Competition and bad weather.
(b) Conditions and no work.
(c) Recent illness and bad weather.
(d) Conditions and competition.
3. Which of Joe and Edna's bills needs to be paid right away?
(a) Furniture installment.
(b) The heat bill.
(c) The light bill.
4. What does Edna threaten to do if Joe does not change his behavior?
(a) Buy herself a fancy new dress.
(b) Run away with an old boyfriend.
(c) Move in with her best friend.
(d) Get a job at a diner.
5. In Scene 2, what does Joe find when he arrives home from work at the end of the day?
(a) The police waiting to arrest him.
(b) A new couch and chair.
(c) A living room without furniture.
(d) An old friend who had come to visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of consumer markets?
2. What do the hackers need to do to be successful?
3. What does Joe do to quiet the men?
4. What color is the hair of Joe and Edna's children?
5. What does Joe tell Edna he had for lunch when he gets home from work?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fatt try to convince the workers not to take action?
2. Why is Dr. Barnes angry?
3. What colors does Joe use to refute Fatt's accusations? Describe the situation of the workers.
4. Is Fayette's decision to fire Miller for refusing to spy on his supervisor morally right or wrong?
5. What are two main themes contained in Scene 4 and how are they manifested?
6. What are some of the reasons that Fayette selects Miller for the new project?
7. What does Fayette's dialogue in which he uses the words "pollacks and niggers" say about his prejudice?
8. Besides going to bed hungry, how else are the children affected by Joe and Edna's financial situation?
9. What does Sid think will happen if he and Florence marry?
10. How does Fatt try to discourage the Voice from exposing the spy?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)