|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the hack judged so harshly by his girl's family?
(a) He barely makes a living.
(b) He does not act like a man.
(c) He is arrogant.
(d) He has been mean to his girl in the past.
2. What does Irv think of Florence?
(a) She is easy to get along with.
(b) She might be pregnant.
(c) She is an immature kid.
(d) She is mature for her age.
3. How does Dr. Barnes feel about the way the board treats Benjamin?
4. How does Fatt plan to convince the workers that strikes don't work?
(a) Pass out copies of the Philadelphia report.
(b) Read them the latest edition of the newspaper.
(c) Give a persuasive speech.
(d) Present experience as evidence.
5. In Scene 5, what city does Fatt want the workers to hear about?
(b) New York.
6. Who does Fatt ask to stop the talkative Voice?
(b) Committee members.
(c) No one. He let him talk.
(d) His supporters in the audience.
7. What is one reason Sid says that it is so trying to be a man?
(a) Men at work challenge his manhood.
(b) His family wants him to remain a kid.
(c) The bosses with money keep the working class down.
(d) Women are too demanding.
8. What is Clayton's real family name?
9. Where does Benjamin think about practicing socialized medicine?
10. Who are the hack and his girl?
(a) Irv and Edna.
(b) Sid and Florence.
(c) Joe and Edna.
(d) Irv and Florence.
11. What makes the speaker different from other workers?
(a) His family is from Philadelphia.
(b) He participated in the Philadelphia strike.
(c) He worked in Pittsburgh.
(d) He used to have Lefty's position.
12. Why is Dr. Barnes upset at the beginning of Scene 6?
(a) His best worker just quit.
(b) He didn't have his morning drink.
(c) He was outvoted by the board.
(d) He lost money in a poker game the night before.
13. Where does Florence work?
(a) Next to the movie theater.
(b) In the steel plant.
(c) In a nursing home.
(d) Behind the counter.
14. Why would the workers not want to listen to Clayton?
(a) He doesn't seem to know much about strikes.
(b) The workers are ready to go home.
(c) He is brought before them by Fatt.
(d) The workers want to hear someone else speak.
15. What is Fatt's reaction to the Voice's accusation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sid mean by "backwash" if he and Florence married?
2. What animal does Sid compare himself to?
3. Why is Benjamin upset when he first arrives at Dr. Barnes' office?
4. Why is Dr. Leeds untouchable?
5. What factors limit Dr. Barnes' employment options?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)