|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Scene 4 occur?
2. Why does Benjamin choose not to leave the United States?
(a) He wants to fight for workers' rights in the United States.
(b) He cannot afford to leave the country.
(c) He cannot get a passport.
(d) His wife does not want to leave her family.
3. Where do Florence and Sid get the scene they act out?
(a) From the movies.
(b) The dialogue in a book.
(c) A high school play.
(d) A radio program.
4. Why is Dr. Leeds untouchable?
(a) He is the best surgeon on staff.
(b) His uncle is a senator.
(c) He has a rare contagious disease.
(d) He is married to the board chairman's daughter.
5. In Scene 5, what city does Fatt want the workers to hear about?
(b) New York.
6. From what location does the Voice challenge Clayton?
(a) From the stage next to Fatt.
(b) From his chair in the audience.
(c) On his way out the door.
(d) From the stage next to speaker.
7. Who are the hack and his girl?
(a) Joe and Edna.
(b) Irv and Florence.
(c) Irv and Edna.
(d) Sid and Florence.
8. Where does Benjamin think about practicing socialized medicine?
9. How does the speaker approach the workers?
(a) As one of them.
(b) As an arrogant know-it-all.
(c) With wit and calmness.
(d) As a member of management.
10. How is the girl like Miller from Scene 3?
(a) She works in a laboratory.
(b) She just got a raise.
(c) She does not smoke or drink.
(d) She just lost her job.
11. What animal does Sid compare himself to?
(a) A snake.
(b) A rat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A pig.
12. How does Dr. Barnes feel about the way the board treats Benjamin?
13. What does Irv think of Florence?
(a) She is mature for her age.
(b) She is easy to get along with.
(c) She is an immature kid.
(d) She might be pregnant.
14. How does Clayton exit the meeting?
(a) Walks out slowly while talking to workers.
(b) Rushes out to avoid an attack from workers.
(c) Shakes hands with workers on the way out.
(d) Rushes out for the next meeting.
15. Where does Florence work?
(a) In the steel plant.
(b) In a nursing home.
(c) Behind the counter.
(d) Next to the movie theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason Dr. Barnes gives Benjamin for closing his ward?
2. What "complications" result in Benjamin's firing?
3. Who does Fatt ask to stop the talkative Voice?
4. What character is making accusations against Clayton?
5. What metaphor for time does Clayton use to discourage a strike?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)