|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Scene 6?
(c) Fancy office.
2. What is the financial status of the patient under discussion?
(a) Her insurance will not pay for everything.
(b) She belongs to one of the richest families.
(c) She is middle class.
(d) She is a charity case.
3. What is Clayton's relationship to the Voice?
4. In Scene 5, what city does Fatt want the workers to hear about?
(a) New York.
5. What is one reason Sid says that it is so trying to be a man?
(a) The bosses with money keep the working class down.
(b) Men at work challenge his manhood.
(c) His family wants him to remain a kid.
(d) Women are too demanding.
6. Why is Dr. Barnes upset at the beginning of Scene 6?
(a) His best worker just quit.
(b) He lost money in a poker game the night before.
(c) He was outvoted by the board.
(d) He didn't have his morning drink.
7. What does Sid's brother do to deal with the trying economic times?
(a) Goes to night school.
(b) Joins the union.
(c) Joins the navy.
(d) Robs a bank.
8. What does Sid need to satisfy Irv?
(a) An education.
(b) To ask Florence to marry him.
(c) A newer car.
(d) More money.
9. What factors limit Dr. Barnes' employment options?
(a) Indebtedness and medical competence.
(b) Work ethic and alcoholism.
(c) Age and ethnicity.
(d) His age and invalid daughter.
10. Who is the first person to speak in Scene 5?
(d) A Voice.
11. What is Fatt's reaction to the Voice's accusation?
12. What does the hack do for a living?
(a) Performs surgery on animals.
(b) Works as a butcher.
(c) Drives a taxi cab.
(d) Makes furniture out of wood.
13. At what school does Benjamin first experience discrimination?
(c) Washington University.
14. Why is Benjamin upset when he first arrives at Dr. Barnes' office?
(a) Dr. Barnes stopped him from going on vacation.
(b) The board turned down his raise.
(c) He does not want to do the assigned operation.
(d) He has been replaced in surgery by an incompetent doctor.
15. Who are the hack and his girl?
(a) Sid and Florence.
(b) Irv and Edna.
(c) Irv and Florence.
(d) Joe and Edna.
Short Answer Questions
1. What upsets Benjamin most about the hospital's politics?
2. What are the three things Florence does for the family?
3. Where is the hack taking his girl?
4. How does Clayton exit the meeting?
5. Where does Benjamin think about practicing socialized medicine?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)