|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Benjamin surprised by the board's discriminatory firing?
(a) He thought Barnes would protect him.
(b) Rich Gentiles have accepted him in the past.
(c) He has gotten only excellent reviews in the past.
(d) Fellow Jews sit on the board.
2. What is Clayton's reaction to the workers' rejection of him?
(a) It confuses him.
(b) He accepts the rejection.
(c) He leaves the meeting.
(d) He becomes defensive.
3. Who does Fatt ask to stop the talkative Voice?
(a) Committee members.
(b) His supporters in the audience.
(c) No one. He let him talk.
4. In what year does Scene 4 occur?
5. How does Fatt plan to convince the workers that strikes don't work?
(a) Pass out copies of the Philadelphia report.
(b) Present experience as evidence.
(c) Give a persuasive speech.
(d) Read them the latest edition of the newspaper.
6. What is the mood at the end of Scene 4?
7. How does Dr. Barnes feel about the way the board treats Benjamin?
8. How is the speaker introduced?
(a) As Pete Clancy.
(b) As Tim Wallace.
(c) As Mike Carter.
(d) As Tom Clayton.
9. What are the three things Florence says she wants from life?
(a) Romance, dancing, husband.
(b) Love, car, good job.
(c) A good job, husband, babies.
(d) Romance, love, babies.
10. Why does Benjamin choose not to leave the United States?
(a) He cannot get a passport.
(b) His wife does not want to leave her family.
(c) He wants to fight for workers' rights in the United States.
(d) He cannot afford to leave the country.
11. Where does Benjamin think about practicing socialized medicine?
12. What is Clayton accused of doing?
(a) Organizing workers.
13. What "complications" result in Benjamin's firing?
(a) Benjamin complains to the board about closing the ward.
(b) The board makes a mistake.
(c) Benjamin punches a doctor.
(d) He is Jewish.
14. What lesson does Benjamin learn about theory versus life experience?
(a) Experience and theories are not related.
(b) His opinion about the two is unchanged.
(c) Theory is nothing more than conjecture.
(d) Life experience makes theories believable.
15. What is the state of health of Florence's mother?
(a) She is sick in bed.
(c) She is a hypochondriac.
(d) She is a healthy busybody.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason Dr. Barnes gives Benjamin for closing his ward?
2. What is the financial status of the patient under discussion?
3. Why might Dr. Barnes feel guilty about the situation?
4. What is one reason Sid says that it is so trying to be a man?
5. Why does the Voice correct Fatt's mileage estimate?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)