|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fatt try to quiet the Voice?
(a) Bangs his gavel.
(b) Tells Gunman to stop him.
(c) Challenges his right to speak.
(d) Held up his hand.
2. What does Sid do while thinking about Florence before he sees her?
(a) He gets a ticket for running a red light.
(b) He fixes a flat tire.
(c) He stops and buys her an engagement ring.
(d) He runs into a beer truck.
3. Why might Dr. Barnes feel guilty about the situation?
(a) He has been too drunk to notice.
(b) He is prone to guilty feelings.
(c) He knows it is not fair to Benjamin.
(d) He agrees with the board.
4. In Scene 5, what city does Fatt want the workers to hear about?
(c) New York.
5. What upsets Benjamin most about the hospital's politics?
(a) Dr. Barnes' lack of support.
(b) Leed's political connections.
(c) The way he is insulted.
(d) Treating poor people differently.
6. How does Fatt plan to convince the workers that strikes don't work?
(a) Pass out copies of the Philadelphia report.
(b) Read them the latest edition of the newspaper.
(c) Present experience as evidence.
(d) Give a persuasive speech.
7. What is Fatt's reaction to the Voice's accusation?
8. What unflattering terms does Dr. Barnes use to describe the board?
(a) Fossils and slops.
(b) Fossils and microbes.
(c) Vermin and toads.
(d) Slops and vermin.
9. Why does Benjamin choose not to leave the United States?
(a) He cannot afford to leave the country.
(b) He wants to fight for workers' rights in the United States.
(c) He cannot get a passport.
(d) His wife does not want to leave her family.
10. Where is the hack taking his girl?
(a) To a ball game.
(b) To a dance.
(c) To the movies.
(d) Out to dinner.
11. Who initiates the meeting between Dr. Barnes and Benjamin?
(b) Dr. Barnes.
12. How does the speaker approach the workers?
(a) With wit and calmness.
(b) As a member of management.
(c) As one of them.
(d) As an arrogant know-it-all.
13. What metaphor for time does Clayton use to discourage a strike?
(a) Unripe fruit.
(b) Baking bread.
(c) Roasting nuts.
(d) Basting meat.
14. What are the three things Florence does for the family?
(a) Cook, wash clothes, iron pants.
(b) Care for mother, cook, iron shirts.
(c) Shop, clean the bathroom, care for Irv.
(d) Care for mother, wash, clean the house.
15. What is the speaker's attitude toward Fatt?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Barnes' complaint about modern medicine?
2. What factors limit Dr. Barnes' employment options?
3. What animal does Sid compare himself to?
4. In what year does Scene 4 occur?
5. How does the hack feel about his girl?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)