|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Sid compare himself to?
(a) A dog.
(b) A snake.
(c) A rat.
(d) A pig.
2. In Scene 5, what city does Fatt want the workers to hear about?
(a) New York.
3. What is Clayton's real family name?
4. Why is Dr. Leeds untouchable?
(a) His uncle is a senator.
(b) He is the best surgeon on staff.
(c) He has a rare contagious disease.
(d) He is married to the board chairman's daughter.
5. How does Clayton exit the meeting?
(a) Rushes out to avoid an attack from workers.
(b) Rushes out for the next meeting.
(c) Walks out slowly while talking to workers.
(d) Shakes hands with workers on the way out.
6. What does Sid do while thinking about Florence before he sees her?
(a) He gets a ticket for running a red light.
(b) He stops and buys her an engagement ring.
(c) He fixes a flat tire.
(d) He runs into a beer truck.
7. What is Clayton accused of doing?
(b) Organizing workers.
8. How is the speaker introduced?
(a) As Tom Clayton.
(b) As Pete Clancy.
(c) As Mike Carter.
(d) As Tim Wallace.
9. From what location does the Voice challenge Clayton?
(a) From the stage next to speaker.
(b) From his chair in the audience.
(c) On his way out the door.
(d) From the stage next to Fatt.
10. Who initiates the meeting between Dr. Barnes and Benjamin?
(b) Dr. Barnes.
11. How does the hack feel about his girl?
(a) He is excited about their future together.
(b) She is a way to pass the time.
(c) He is stuck on her.
(d) He is confused about her.
12. How does the speaker approach the workers?
(a) With wit and calmness.
(b) As a member of management.
(c) As an arrogant know-it-all.
(d) As one of them.
13. How does Fatt plan to convince the workers that strikes don't work?
(a) Give a persuasive speech.
(b) Read them the latest edition of the newspaper.
(c) Present experience as evidence.
(d) Pass out copies of the Philadelphia report.
14. Why does the Voice correct Fatt's mileage estimate?
(a) He just likes to talk.
(b) To discredit what Fatt says.
(c) To support Fatt.
(d) To get the workers' attention.
15. What upsets Benjamin most about the hospital's politics?
(a) Dr. Barnes' lack of support.
(b) The way he is insulted.
(c) Leed's political connections.
(d) Treating poor people differently.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Benjamin's unexpected job loss affect his understanding of the world?
2. What is Fatt's reaction to the Voice's accusation?
3. What symbolic act does Benjamin perform at the end of his meeting with Dr. Barnes?
4. What does Irv forbid Florence to do?
5. What character is making accusations against Clayton?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)