|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What symbolic act does Benjamin perform at the end of his meeting with Dr. Barnes?
(a) A Communist salute.
(b) A handshake.
(c) He removes his lab coat.
(d) A raised clenched fist.
2. Where do Florence and Sid get the scene they act out?
(a) A high school play.
(b) The dialogue in a book.
(c) A radio program.
(d) From the movies.
3. What are the three things Florence does for the family?
(a) Shop, clean the bathroom, care for Irv.
(b) Care for mother, wash, clean the house.
(c) Care for mother, cook, iron shirts.
(d) Cook, wash clothes, iron pants.
4. Why is Dr. Leeds untouchable?
(a) He is married to the board chairman's daughter.
(b) He has a rare contagious disease.
(c) His uncle is a senator.
(d) He is the best surgeon on staff.
5. Why would the workers not want to listen to Clayton?
(a) The workers want to hear someone else speak.
(b) He is brought before them by Fatt.
(c) The workers are ready to go home.
(d) He doesn't seem to know much about strikes.
6. How does the hack feel about his girl?
(a) He is confused about her.
(b) He is stuck on her.
(c) He is excited about their future together.
(d) She is a way to pass the time.
7. What does Irv think of Florence?
(a) She is easy to get along with.
(b) She is mature for her age.
(c) She is an immature kid.
(d) She might be pregnant.
8. Who initiates the meeting between Dr. Barnes and Benjamin?
(b) Dr. Barnes.
9. What is Clayton's reaction to the workers' rejection of him?
(a) He leaves the meeting.
(b) He becomes defensive.
(c) It confuses him.
(d) He accepts the rejection.
10. What is Dr. Barnes' complaint about modern medicine?
(a) Medicine is run by the rich instead of doctors.
(b) No one can afford the new-fangled techniques.
(c) The good old medical techniques aren't used anymore.
(d) Doctors do not care enough about the patients.
11. What is the mood at the end of Scene 4?
12. What character is making accusations against Clayton?
(a) The Voice.
13. How does Clayton exit the meeting?
(a) Rushes out for the next meeting.
(b) Rushes out to avoid an attack from workers.
(c) Shakes hands with workers on the way out.
(d) Walks out slowly while talking to workers.
14. What does Sid need to satisfy Irv?
(a) To ask Florence to marry him.
(b) A newer car.
(c) More money.
(d) An education.
15. What does Sid do while thinking about Florence before he sees her?
(a) He gets a ticket for running a red light.
(b) He runs into a beer truck.
(c) He fixes a flat tire.
(d) He stops and buys her an engagement ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Benjamin feel that he will not be affected by the ward closing?
2. What do Fatt's men do to the Voice?
3. How is the girl like Miller from Scene 3?
4. What does the hack do for a living?
5. How does Benjamin's unexpected job loss affect his understanding of the world?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)