Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sid mean by "backwash" if he and Florence married?
(a) The families would back them up.
(b) The marriage would negatively affect the families.
(c) Everything would work out okay.
(d) The families would benefit from the marriage.
2. What lesson does Benjamin learn about theory versus life experience?
(a) Theory is nothing more than conjecture.
(b) His opinion about the two is unchanged.
(c) Life experience makes theories believable.
(d) Experience and theories are not related.
3. What does Sid's brother do to deal with the trying economic times?
(a) Robs a bank.
(b) Joins the navy.
(c) Joins the union.
(d) Goes to night school.
4. Why does Benjamin choose not to leave the United States?
(a) He cannot afford to leave the country.
(b) His wife does not want to leave her family.
(c) He cannot get a passport.
(d) He wants to fight for workers' rights in the United States.
5. What makes Clayton notorious?
(a) He was a Gunman for Fatt.
(b) He has busted unions in several industries.
(c) His father was a famous union organizer.
(d) He has a mean streak.
6. Why is Benjamin upset when he first arrives at Dr. Barnes' office?
(a) The board turned down his raise.
(b) He does not want to do the assigned operation.
(c) He has been replaced in surgery by an incompetent doctor.
(d) Dr. Barnes stopped him from going on vacation.
7. What influential character is talked about but does not appear in Scene 3 or Scene 4?
(a) The brother.
(b) The mother.
(c) Uncle Sam.
(d) A spouse.
8. What does Irv forbid Florence to do?
(a) Talk to Sid.
(b) Spend money.
(c) Get married.
(d) Work late.
9. How does the speaker approach the workers?
(a) With wit and calmness.
(b) As an arrogant know-it-all.
(c) As one of them.
(d) As a member of management.
10. Who does Fatt ask to stop the talkative Voice?
(a) Committee members.
(c) His supporters in the audience.
(d) No one. He let him talk.
11. What is the mood at the end of Scene 4?
12. In Scene 5, what does Fatt suggest the workers do instead of complain?
(a) Go home and think about striking overnight.
(b) Accept whatever he tells them.
(c) Consider the records of taxi cab strikes in other cities.
(d) Read the newspapers.
13. What does Sid need to satisfy Irv?
(a) A newer car.
(b) To ask Florence to marry him.
(c) An education.
(d) More money.
14. What character is making accusations against Clayton?
(a) The Voice.
15. How does the hack feel about his girl?
(a) He is stuck on her.
(b) She is a way to pass the time.
(c) He is excited about their future together.
(d) He is confused about her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason Dr. Barnes gives Benjamin for closing his ward?
2. What is Clayton's real family name?
3. Why does Benjamin feel that he will not be affected by the ward closing?
4. What does Sid do while thinking about Florence before he sees her?
5. Where is the hack taking his girl?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)