|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the hack feel about his girl?
(a) He is confused about her.
(b) He is excited about their future together.
(c) She is a way to pass the time.
(d) He is stuck on her.
2. At what school does Benjamin first experience discrimination?
(b) Washington University.
3. What is the reason Dr. Barnes gives Benjamin for closing his ward?
(a) Loss of staff.
(b) Inadequate number of patients.
(c) Change in services.
(d) Budget deficit.
4. What is the financial status of the patient under discussion?
(a) Her insurance will not pay for everything.
(b) She is a charity case.
(c) She belongs to one of the richest families.
(d) She is middle class.
5. How does Benjamin's unexpected job loss affect his understanding of the world?
(a) His understanding remains unchanged.
(b) He realizes he has a responsibility to change the world.
(c) It is just another bad day for him.
(d) He understands he is powerless to change the world.
6. How is the girl like Miller from Scene 3?
(a) She works in a laboratory.
(b) She does not smoke or drink.
(c) She just lost her job.
(d) She just got a raise.
7. Where is the hack taking his girl?
(a) To a ball game.
(b) To a dance.
(c) Out to dinner.
(d) To the movies.
8. What does Irv think of Florence?
(a) She is mature for her age.
(b) She is easy to get along with.
(c) She might be pregnant.
(d) She is an immature kid.
9. In what year does Scene 4 occur?
10. What influential character is talked about but does not appear in Scene 3 or Scene 4?
(a) A spouse.
(b) The brother.
(c) Uncle Sam.
(d) The mother.
11. What is Fatt's reaction to the Voice's accusation?
12. Who are the hack and his girl?
(a) Irv and Edna.
(b) Irv and Florence.
(c) Joe and Edna.
(d) Sid and Florence.
13. What "complications" result in Benjamin's firing?
(a) He is Jewish.
(b) Benjamin complains to the board about closing the ward.
(c) The board makes a mistake.
(d) Benjamin punches a doctor.
14. What does Sid need to satisfy Irv?
(a) More money.
(b) An education.
(c) To ask Florence to marry him.
(d) A newer car.
15. In Scene 5, what city does Fatt want the workers to hear about?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unflattering terms does Dr. Barnes use to describe the board?
2. How does Clayton exit the meeting?
3. Why would the workers not want to listen to Clayton?
4. What is Clayton's reaction to the workers' rejection of him?
5. Where does Florence work?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)