|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the girl feel about the hack?
(a) She puts up with him because her mom likes him.
(b) He is okay but not all that wonderful.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She is always angry with him.
2. What do Fatt's men do to the Voice?
(a) Throw him out.
(b) Threaten him.
(c) Keep him seated.
(d) Rough him up.
3. What is one of the rewards Sam can expect for fighting in the war?
(a) Girls will think he's special.
(b) He becomes a hero.
(c) He gets to play basketball.
(d) He can work wherever he wants.
4. What is the mood at the end of Scene 4?
5. What does Irv forbid Florence to do?
(a) Talk to Sid.
(b) Get married.
(c) Spend money.
(d) Work late.
6. What makes Clayton notorious?
(a) He has a mean streak.
(b) His father was a famous union organizer.
(c) He has busted unions in several industries.
(d) He was a Gunman for Fatt.
7. Why is Dr. Leeds untouchable?
(a) He has a rare contagious disease.
(b) He is married to the board chairman's daughter.
(c) His uncle is a senator.
(d) He is the best surgeon on staff.
8. What influential character is talked about but does not appear in Scene 3 or Scene 4?
(a) The brother.
(b) A spouse.
(c) Uncle Sam.
(d) The mother.
9. What animal does Sid compare himself to?
(a) A rat.
(b) A snake.
(c) A dog.
(d) A pig.
10. What does Sid's brother do to deal with the trying economic times?
(a) Robs a bank.
(b) Joins the navy.
(c) Joins the union.
(d) Goes to night school.
11. Where does Florence work?
(a) In a nursing home.
(b) In the steel plant.
(c) Next to the movie theater.
(d) Behind the counter.
12. In Scene 5, what city does Fatt want the workers to hear about?
(d) New York.
13. What character is making accusations against Clayton?
(c) The Voice.
14. What is the reason Dr. Barnes gives Benjamin for closing his ward?
(a) Change in services.
(b) Budget deficit.
(c) Inadequate number of patients.
(d) Loss of staff.
15. Why does Benjamin feel that he will not be affected by the ward closing?
(a) He is too good to let go.
(b) He has had seniority for a while.
(c) He was promised a permanent contract.
(d) He was recently promoted to the senior position
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Barnes feel about the way the board treats Benjamin?
2. What metaphor for time does Clayton use to discourage a strike?
3. What is Clayton's relationship to the Voice?
4. In Scene 5, what does Fatt suggest the workers do instead of complain?
5. What is the financial status of the patient under discussion?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)