|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the girl feel about the hack?
(a) She is always angry with him.
(b) She puts up with him because her mom likes him.
(c) She loves him.
(d) He is okay but not all that wonderful.
2. What "complications" result in Benjamin's firing?
(a) The board makes a mistake.
(b) Benjamin complains to the board about closing the ward.
(c) Benjamin punches a doctor.
(d) He is Jewish.
3. What is Clayton accused of doing?
(a) Organizing workers.
4. What is the setting of Scene 6?
(d) Fancy office.
5. What do Fatt's men do to the Voice?
(a) Rough him up.
(b) Keep him seated.
(c) Throw him out.
(d) Threaten him.
6. From what location does the Voice challenge Clayton?
(a) On his way out the door.
(b) From his chair in the audience.
(c) From the stage next to Fatt.
(d) From the stage next to speaker.
7. What does Sid need to satisfy Irv?
(a) To ask Florence to marry him.
(b) A newer car.
(c) An education.
(d) More money.
8. What is the reason Dr. Barnes gives Benjamin for closing his ward?
(a) Change in services.
(b) Budget deficit.
(c) Inadequate number of patients.
(d) Loss of staff.
9. What unflattering terms does Dr. Barnes use to describe the board?
(a) Fossils and slops.
(b) Fossils and microbes.
(c) Vermin and toads.
(d) Slops and vermin.
10. What are the three things Florence does for the family?
(a) Shop, clean the bathroom, care for Irv.
(b) Care for mother, wash, clean the house.
(c) Care for mother, cook, iron shirts.
(d) Cook, wash clothes, iron pants.
11. What is the speaker's attitude toward Fatt?
12. How is the girl like Miller from Scene 3?
(a) She just got a raise.
(b) She just lost her job.
(c) She does not smoke or drink.
(d) She works in a laboratory.
13. What is the state of health of Florence's mother?
(a) She is sick in bed.
(c) She is a hypochondriac.
(d) She is a healthy busybody.
14. What makes the speaker different from other workers?
(a) His family is from Philadelphia.
(b) He used to have Lefty's position.
(c) He worked in Pittsburgh.
(d) He participated in the Philadelphia strike.
15. What is the mood at the end of Scene 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Irv think of Florence?
2. How does Fatt plan to convince the workers that strikes don't work?
3. How does Dr. Barnes feel about the way the board treats Benjamin?
4. At what school does Benjamin first experience discrimination?
5. In what year does Scene 4 occur?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)