|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Florence work?
(a) Next to the movie theater.
(b) In the steel plant.
(c) In a nursing home.
(d) Behind the counter.
2. What do Fatt's men do to the Voice?
(a) Rough him up.
(b) Throw him out.
(c) Threaten him.
(d) Keep him seated.
3. What is Clayton's real family name?
4. What is the reason Dr. Barnes gives Benjamin for closing his ward?
(a) Change in services.
(b) Budget deficit.
(c) Loss of staff.
(d) Inadequate number of patients.
5. What makes Clayton notorious?
(a) He was a Gunman for Fatt.
(b) His father was a famous union organizer.
(c) He has busted unions in several industries.
(d) He has a mean streak.
6. Who is the first person to speak in Scene 5?
(b) A Voice.
7. Who initiates the meeting between Dr. Barnes and Benjamin?
(c) Dr. Barnes.
8. What is the speaker's attitude toward Fatt?
9. What factors limit Dr. Barnes' employment options?
(a) Indebtedness and medical competence.
(b) Age and ethnicity.
(c) Work ethic and alcoholism.
(d) His age and invalid daughter.
10. Why is Dr. Leeds untouchable?
(a) He has a rare contagious disease.
(b) His uncle is a senator.
(c) He is married to the board chairman's daughter.
(d) He is the best surgeon on staff.
11. How is the speaker introduced?
(a) As Pete Clancy.
(b) As Tim Wallace.
(c) As Mike Carter.
(d) As Tom Clayton.
12. How does Clayton exit the meeting?
(a) Rushes out for the next meeting.
(b) Walks out slowly while talking to workers.
(c) Shakes hands with workers on the way out.
(d) Rushes out to avoid an attack from workers.
13. In what year does Scene 4 occur?
14. What are the three things Florence does for the family?
(a) Care for mother, cook, iron shirts.
(b) Care for mother, wash, clean the house.
(c) Cook, wash clothes, iron pants.
(d) Shop, clean the bathroom, care for Irv.
15. What are the three things Florence says she wants from life?
(a) Romance, dancing, husband.
(b) A good job, husband, babies.
(c) Love, car, good job.
(d) Romance, love, babies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Benjamin's unexpected job loss affect his understanding of the world?
2. At what school does Benjamin first experience discrimination?
3. Where do Florence and Sid get the scene they act out?
4. What is Dr. Barnes' complaint about modern medicine?
5. What is Clayton's relationship to the Voice?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)