|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Barnes' complaint about modern medicine?
(a) The good old medical techniques aren't used anymore.
(b) Doctors do not care enough about the patients.
(c) No one can afford the new-fangled techniques.
(d) Medicine is run by the rich instead of doctors.
2. What is Clayton accused of doing?
(d) Organizing workers.
3. How does the girl feel about the hack?
(a) He is okay but not all that wonderful.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She is always angry with him.
(d) She puts up with him because her mom likes him.
4. What does the hack do for a living?
(a) Makes furniture out of wood.
(b) Performs surgery on animals.
(c) Works as a butcher.
(d) Drives a taxi cab.
5. Why does Benjamin choose not to leave the United States?
(a) He cannot get a passport.
(b) His wife does not want to leave her family.
(c) He cannot afford to leave the country.
(d) He wants to fight for workers' rights in the United States.
6. What makes Clayton notorious?
(a) He has a mean streak.
(b) His father was a famous union organizer.
(c) He has busted unions in several industries.
(d) He was a Gunman for Fatt.
7. What lesson does Benjamin learn about theory versus life experience?
(a) Life experience makes theories believable.
(b) Experience and theories are not related.
(c) Theory is nothing more than conjecture.
(d) His opinion about the two is unchanged.
8. What is Clayton's real family name?
9. What is the reason Dr. Barnes gives Benjamin for closing his ward?
(a) Inadequate number of patients.
(b) Change in services.
(c) Budget deficit.
(d) Loss of staff.
10. What symbolic act does Benjamin perform at the end of his meeting with Dr. Barnes?
(a) A raised clenched fist.
(b) A handshake.
(c) He removes his lab coat.
(d) A Communist salute.
11. What is the mood at the end of Scene 4?
12. What is the speaker's attitude toward Fatt?
13. In Scene 5, what city does Fatt want the workers to hear about?
(a) New York.
14. What upsets Benjamin most about the hospital's politics?
(a) Leed's political connections.
(b) Treating poor people differently.
(c) Dr. Barnes' lack of support.
(d) The way he is insulted.
15. What does Sid mean by "backwash" if he and Florence married?
(a) The families would back them up.
(b) The marriage would negatively affect the families.
(c) The families would benefit from the marriage.
(d) Everything would work out okay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who initiates the meeting between Dr. Barnes and Benjamin?
2. How is the girl like Miller from Scene 3?
3. What factors limit Dr. Barnes' employment options?
4. What do Fatt's men do to the Voice?
5. How is the speaker introduced?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)