|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Clayton notorious?
(a) He has busted unions in several industries.
(b) He has a mean streak.
(c) He was a Gunman for Fatt.
(d) His father was a famous union organizer.
2. What do Fatt's men do to the Voice?
(a) Keep him seated.
(b) Rough him up.
(c) Throw him out.
(d) Threaten him.
3. How does Fatt try to quiet the Voice?
(a) Bangs his gavel.
(b) Tells Gunman to stop him.
(c) Held up his hand.
(d) Challenges his right to speak.
4. Why is Dr. Barnes upset at the beginning of Scene 6?
(a) He lost money in a poker game the night before.
(b) He didn't have his morning drink.
(c) His best worker just quit.
(d) He was outvoted by the board.
5. Who initiates the meeting between Dr. Barnes and Benjamin?
(b) Dr. Barnes.
6. What character is making accusations against Clayton?
(c) The Voice.
7. What is the setting of Scene 6?
(c) Fancy office.
8. How does Clayton exit the meeting?
(a) Walks out slowly while talking to workers.
(b) Rushes out for the next meeting.
(c) Rushes out to avoid an attack from workers.
(d) Shakes hands with workers on the way out.
9. What are the three things Florence says she wants from life?
(a) Romance, dancing, husband.
(b) A good job, husband, babies.
(c) Love, car, good job.
(d) Romance, love, babies.
10. What does Irv think of Florence?
(a) She is an immature kid.
(b) She might be pregnant.
(c) She is mature for her age.
(d) She is easy to get along with.
11. At what school does Benjamin first experience discrimination?
(c) Washington University.
12. What is the mood at the end of Scene 4?
13. What does Sid mean by "backwash" if he and Florence married?
(a) The families would back them up.
(b) The families would benefit from the marriage.
(c) The marriage would negatively affect the families.
(d) Everything would work out okay.
14. Why is Dr. Leeds untouchable?
(a) His uncle is a senator.
(b) He has a rare contagious disease.
(c) He is married to the board chairman's daughter.
(d) He is the best surgeon on staff.
15. From what location does the Voice challenge Clayton?
(a) From his chair in the audience.
(b) On his way out the door.
(c) From the stage next to Fatt.
(d) From the stage next to speaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fatt ask to stop the talkative Voice?
2. Why might Dr. Barnes feel guilty about the situation?
3. What metaphor do Benjamin and Dr. Barnes use to describe Benjamin's experiences with anti-Semitism?
4. Why does Benjamin feel that he will not be affected by the ward closing?
5. How is the girl like Miller from Scene 3?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)