|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Benjamin's unexpected job loss affect his understanding of the world?
(a) He understands he is powerless to change the world.
(b) It is just another bad day for him.
(c) He realizes he has a responsibility to change the world.
(d) His understanding remains unchanged.
2. What is Clayton's real family name?
3. What is the financial status of the patient under discussion?
(a) She is a charity case.
(b) Her insurance will not pay for everything.
(c) She belongs to one of the richest families.
(d) She is middle class.
4. Why is Benjamin surprised by the board's discriminatory firing?
(a) Fellow Jews sit on the board.
(b) He has gotten only excellent reviews in the past.
(c) Rich Gentiles have accepted him in the past.
(d) He thought Barnes would protect him.
5. How does the speaker approach the workers?
(a) As one of them.
(b) With wit and calmness.
(c) As a member of management.
(d) As an arrogant know-it-all.
6. Who does Fatt ask to stop the talkative Voice?
(b) No one. He let him talk.
(c) His supporters in the audience.
(d) Committee members.
7. How is the girl like Miller from Scene 3?
(a) She just lost her job.
(b) She works in a laboratory.
(c) She does not smoke or drink.
(d) She just got a raise.
8. How does the girl feel about the hack?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She is always angry with him.
(c) She puts up with him because her mom likes him.
(d) He is okay but not all that wonderful.
9. How does Dr. Barnes feel about the way the board treats Benjamin?
10. Who initiates the meeting between Dr. Barnes and Benjamin?
(d) Dr. Barnes.
11. What does Irv think of Florence?
(a) She is an immature kid.
(b) She is mature for her age.
(c) She might be pregnant.
(d) She is easy to get along with.
12. What is one reason Sid says that it is so trying to be a man?
(a) The bosses with money keep the working class down.
(b) Men at work challenge his manhood.
(c) Women are too demanding.
(d) His family wants him to remain a kid.
13. What "complications" result in Benjamin's firing?
(a) Benjamin punches a doctor.
(b) The board makes a mistake.
(c) Benjamin complains to the board about closing the ward.
(d) He is Jewish.
14. How does Fatt plan to convince the workers that strikes don't work?
(a) Give a persuasive speech.
(b) Pass out copies of the Philadelphia report.
(c) Present experience as evidence.
(d) Read them the latest edition of the newspaper.
15. What is Dr. Barnes' complaint about modern medicine?
(a) Doctors do not care enough about the patients.
(b) No one can afford the new-fangled techniques.
(c) The good old medical techniques aren't used anymore.
(d) Medicine is run by the rich instead of doctors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Clayton notorious?
2. How does Clayton exit the meeting?
3. What does Sid need to satisfy Irv?
4. What upsets Benjamin most about the hospital's politics?
5. How does Fatt try to quiet the Voice?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)