|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the girl feel about the hack?
(a) She is always angry with him.
(b) He is okay but not all that wonderful.
(c) She puts up with him because her mom likes him.
(d) She loves him.
2. What does the hack do for a living?
(a) Works as a butcher.
(b) Performs surgery on animals.
(c) Makes furniture out of wood.
(d) Drives a taxi cab.
3. In Scene 5, what city does Fatt want the workers to hear about?
(b) New York.
4. What are the three things Florence says she wants from life?
(a) Romance, dancing, husband.
(b) A good job, husband, babies.
(c) Romance, love, babies.
(d) Love, car, good job.
5. What is the speaker's attitude toward Fatt?
6. What is Dr. Barnes' complaint about modern medicine?
(a) The good old medical techniques aren't used anymore.
(b) Doctors do not care enough about the patients.
(c) Medicine is run by the rich instead of doctors.
(d) No one can afford the new-fangled techniques.
7. How does the speaker approach the workers?
(a) As an arrogant know-it-all.
(b) With wit and calmness.
(c) As a member of management.
(d) As one of them.
8. What does Sid do while thinking about Florence before he sees her?
(a) He runs into a beer truck.
(b) He fixes a flat tire.
(c) He gets a ticket for running a red light.
(d) He stops and buys her an engagement ring.
9. Why does the Voice correct Fatt's mileage estimate?
(a) He just likes to talk.
(b) To get the workers' attention.
(c) To support Fatt.
(d) To discredit what Fatt says.
10. How does Benjamin's unexpected job loss affect his understanding of the world?
(a) He realizes he has a responsibility to change the world.
(b) He understands he is powerless to change the world.
(c) It is just another bad day for him.
(d) His understanding remains unchanged.
11. How does the hack feel about his girl?
(a) She is a way to pass the time.
(b) He is confused about her.
(c) He is stuck on her.
(d) He is excited about their future together.
12. What are the three things Florence does for the family?
(a) Cook, wash clothes, iron pants.
(b) Care for mother, cook, iron shirts.
(c) Shop, clean the bathroom, care for Irv.
(d) Care for mother, wash, clean the house.
13. What is Clayton's relationship to the Voice?
14. How does Clayton exit the meeting?
(a) Shakes hands with workers on the way out.
(b) Walks out slowly while talking to workers.
(c) Rushes out for the next meeting.
(d) Rushes out to avoid an attack from workers.
15. What does Sid mean by "backwash" if he and Florence married?
(a) The families would back them up.
(b) The marriage would negatively affect the families.
(c) Everything would work out okay.
(d) The families would benefit from the marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Barnes feel about the way the board treats Benjamin?
2. In Scene 5, what does Fatt suggest the workers do instead of complain?
3. At what school does Benjamin first experience discrimination?
4. Who initiates the meeting between Dr. Barnes and Benjamin?
5. What does Irv think of Florence?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)