|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the state of health of Florence's mother?
(b) She is a healthy busybody.
(c) She is a hypochondriac.
(d) She is sick in bed.
2. What makes the speaker different from other workers?
(a) He participated in the Philadelphia strike.
(b) His family is from Philadelphia.
(c) He used to have Lefty's position.
(d) He worked in Pittsburgh.
3. What character is making accusations against Clayton?
(a) The Voice.
4. Who initiates the meeting between Dr. Barnes and Benjamin?
(a) Dr. Barnes.
5. How does the hack feel about his girl?
(a) He is confused about her.
(b) He is stuck on her.
(c) He is excited about their future together.
(d) She is a way to pass the time.
6. Why does Benjamin feel that he will not be affected by the ward closing?
(a) He is too good to let go.
(b) He was recently promoted to the senior position
(c) He was promised a permanent contract.
(d) He has had seniority for a while.
7. What is the financial status of the patient under discussion?
(a) She is middle class.
(b) She is a charity case.
(c) Her insurance will not pay for everything.
(d) She belongs to one of the richest families.
8. What are the three things Florence does for the family?
(a) Care for mother, cook, iron shirts.
(b) Shop, clean the bathroom, care for Irv.
(c) Care for mother, wash, clean the house.
(d) Cook, wash clothes, iron pants.
9. What does Sid need to satisfy Irv?
(a) An education.
(b) To ask Florence to marry him.
(c) More money.
(d) A newer car.
10. What is Fatt's reaction to the Voice's accusation?
11. How does the girl feel about the hack?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She puts up with him because her mom likes him.
(c) She is always angry with him.
(d) He is okay but not all that wonderful.
12. Who are the main characters in Scene 6?
(a) Dr. Barnes and Benjamin.
(b) Fayette and Benjamin.
(c) Dr. Barnes and Miller.
(d) Dr. Barnes and Dr. Barnett.
13. What does Sid mean by "backwash" if he and Florence married?
(a) The families would benefit from the marriage.
(b) The families would back them up.
(c) The marriage would negatively affect the families.
(d) Everything would work out okay.
14. What is the reason Dr. Barnes gives Benjamin for closing his ward?
(a) Budget deficit.
(b) Loss of staff.
(c) Inadequate number of patients.
(d) Change in services.
15. How does Clayton exit the meeting?
(a) Walks out slowly while talking to workers.
(b) Rushes out for the next meeting.
(c) Shakes hands with workers on the way out.
(d) Rushes out to avoid an attack from workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one reason Sid says that it is so trying to be a man?
2. Why is Benjamin upset when he first arrives at Dr. Barnes' office?
3. How is the speaker introduced?
4. What is Clayton's reaction to the workers' rejection of him?
5. What are the three things Florence says she wants from life?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)