|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joe react to Edna's threats and accusations?
(a) He is too cool to react.
(b) With anger.
(c) He ignores her.
2. How much do Joe and Edna pay for rent?
(a) Six dollars a week.
(b) Five dollars a day.
(c) Fifteen dollars a month.
(d) Ten dollars a week.
3. What is one reason Joe gives for strikes sometimes failing?
(a) Strikes fail because they are dishonorable.
(b) One person can't win against the union.
(c) Slackers don't work hard enough to win.
(d) Strikers usually accept that a strike isn't needed.
4. What do the workers demand from the union leader?
(a) To wait for Lefty.
(b) To let each person speak.
(c) To hear from the committee.
(d) To say a prayer before starting.
5. In Scene 3, what changes the employee's mind about the new work assignment?
(a) Making chemical weapons.
(b) The boss asks him to spy on his supervisor.
(c) He doesn't think he can make a difference.
(d) Writing weekly reports on his research.
6. What is Fayette's attitude about death and war?
(a) Families should be paid when soldiers die in war.
(b) Fayette believes death in war is honorable.
(c) War serves no useful purpose and life is wasted.
(d) Death is a good way to become a hero.
7. In what war do 12 million men die?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Iraqi War.
(c) The Vietnam Conflict.
(d) World War I.
8. Who does Joe accuse of racketeering?
9. What is the relationship between Joe and Edna?
(a) Brother and sister.
(b) Husband and wife.
(c) Father and daughter.
(d) Boyfriend and girlfriend.
10. What two unions have failed at past strikes?
(a) Textile and taxi drivers.
(b) Teamsters and canners.
(c) Textile and steel.
(d) Dock and auto workers.
11. What is Fayette's attitude toward unskilled workers?
12. In Scene 2, what does Joe find when he arrives home from work at the end of the day?
(a) The police waiting to arrest him.
(b) An old friend who had come to visit.
(c) A new couch and chair.
(d) A living room without furniture.
13. Who is referred to as having "more guts than a slaughter house?"
(a) The Gunman.
14. What does Joe mean when he refers to "black and blue boys?"
(a) Members of a certain sports team.
(b) Workers mistreated by their employers.
(c) Veterans of the war.
(d) Newspaper boys.
15. Who are the two Hollywood stars imitated by the buying public?
(a) Cosby and Gibson.
(b) Crawford and Garbo.
(c) Monroe and Miller.
(d) Gable and Garbo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first character to speak in the play?
2. Who does Joe call a Wop?
3. How is Miller treated at the beginning of the meeting?
4. Who is Andy Gump?
5. What does Fatt do after Joe comes forward?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)