|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What foods does Edna identify as being very important for maintaining the kids' health?
(a) Apples and oranges.
(b) Orange juice and grapefruits.
(c) Peaches and apple juice.
(d) Lemonade and grapefruits.
2. What does Edna mean when she says, "Everything was gonna be so ducky!"?
(a) She would serve duck for dinner.
(b) The movie was expected to get an A+ review.
(c) She and Joe might have some rough times.
(d) She and Joe would have a good life.
3. How much do Joe and Edna pay for rent?
(a) Fifteen dollars a month.
(b) Ten dollars a week.
(c) Six dollars a week.
(d) Five dollars a day.
4. What makes Miller especially vulnerable to exploitation?
(a) He does not write well.
(b) He earned his degree in a foreign country.
(c) He is a foreigner.
(d) He is too agreeable.
5. Who initially insists that the action of many can accomplish what one cannot?
(b) Dr. Barnes.
6. Why do the characters discuss "Mrs. Consumer" and Hollywood?
(a) To discuss the price of a ticket someone bought.
(b) Because the setting needs a woman's touch.
(c) To explain the appearance of the setting.
(d) Because the wife of one of them loves the movies.
7. What is the relationship of the main characters in Scene 3?
(a) Brother and sister.
(b) Waiter and customer.
(c) Employer and employee.
(d) Father and son.
8. In Scene 3, what changes the employee's mind about the new work assignment?
(a) He doesn't think he can make a difference.
(b) Making chemical weapons.
(c) Writing weekly reports on his research.
(d) The boss asks him to spy on his supervisor.
9. What quality in employees does the company reward?
(b) Networking skills.
10. Which character is accused of taking a "run-out powder?"
11. In what war do 12 million men die?
(a) The Vietnam Conflict.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Iraqi War.
(d) World War II.
12. What two unions have failed at past strikes?
(a) Textile and taxi drivers.
(b) Dock and auto workers.
(c) Teamsters and canners.
(d) Textile and steel.
13. What does Edna think she is turning into?
(a) A workaholic.
(b) An overweight wife.
(c) A dingbat.
(d) A nag.
14. What does it mean when a character is called "yellow?"
(a) He is courageous.
(b) He is a cab driver.
(c) He has a sunny disposition.
(d) He is a coward.
15. What are the professions of the two main characters?
(a) Doctor and hospital administrator.
(b) Cab driver and union leader.
(c) Lab assistant and industrialist.
(d) Dental assistant and manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two Hollywood stars imitated by the buying public?
2. What does Joe mean when he refers to "black and blue boys?"
3. What reasons does Joe give for not making more money?
4. How is Miller treated at the beginning of the meeting?
5. What does Fayette believe is the advantage of keeping certain employees drunk?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)