|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Miller treated at the beginning of the meeting?
(a) He is told he is under investigation.
(b) He is chastised.
(c) He is given compliments.
(d) He is offered lunch.
2. What quality in employees does the company reward?
(c) Networking skills.
3. What does Edna say Joe's boss is giving the kids?
(a) A new pair of shoes.
(d) Stress and anxiety.
4. What is the role of the character chewing on a toothpick?
(a) To get the minutes approved.
(b) To bring food.
(c) To keep score for the game.
(d) To maintain order.
5. What is Fayette's attitude about death and war?
(a) Families should be paid when soldiers die in war.
(b) Fayette believes death in war is honorable.
(c) War serves no useful purpose and life is wasted.
(d) Death is a good way to become a hero.
6. Who are the two main characters in Scene 3?
(a) Siegfried and Miller.
(b) Fayette and Siegfried.
(c) Miller and Fayette.
(d) Miller and Fatt.
7. What does Joe and Edna's daughter Emmy need before going to school the next day?
(a) To eat a good breakfast.
(b) A note for the teacher.
(c) To finish her homework.
(d) Her shoes repaired.
8. How is Fatt described?
(a) A red-faced porker.
(b) A fat man of porcine appearance.
(c) A round guy with piggy appearance.
(d) A fat man with puffy cheeks.
9. What does Joe do to quiet the men?
(a) Raises his hand.
(b) Tells them to be quiet.
(c) He is unable to quiet them.
(d) Raises a clenched fist.
10. What is one reason Joe gives for strikes sometimes failing?
(a) One person can't win against the union.
(b) Slackers don't work hard enough to win.
(c) Strikes fail because they are dishonorable.
(d) Strikers usually accept that a strike isn't needed.
11. What does Joe mean when he says, "I rode the wheels off the chariot."?
(a) The front wheel has fallen off his motorcycle.
(b) His cab has a flat tire.
(c) He has done a lot of driving.
(d) He rode on a bus over 100 miles.
12. Who is referred to as having "more guts than a slaughter house?"
(b) The Gunman.
13. What do the workers demand from the union leader?
(a) To hear from the committee.
(b) To wait for Lefty.
(c) To say a prayer before starting.
(d) To let each person speak.
14. What does Fayette believe is the advantage of keeping certain employees drunk?
(a) Keeps them out of mischief.
(b) They are easier to justify firing.
(c) You can cheat them out of wages.
(d) They work harder drunk than sober.
15. What does Joe bring home from the war?
(b) A medal.
(c) A new wife.
(d) An angry disposition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it mean to "take a run-out powder?"
2. Which character is accused of taking a "run-out powder?"
3. How much of a raise is Miller initially offered?
4. What color is the hair of Joe and Edna's children?
5. What is the last action in Scene 3?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)