|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the smoker and drinker in Scene 3?
2. What is the relationship between Joe and Edna?
(a) Husband and wife.
(b) Father and daughter.
(c) Boyfriend and girlfriend.
(d) Brother and sister.
3. What does Fatt do after Joe comes forward?
(a) Sits and relights his cigar.
(b) Stands and crosses his arms.
(c) Turns his back to Joe.
(d) Sits at the end of the table.
4. What does Edna say Joe's boss is giving the kids?
(a) A new pair of shoes.
(d) Stress and anxiety.
5. What two unions have failed at past strikes?
(a) Dock and auto workers.
(b) Textile and steel.
(c) Teamsters and canners.
(d) Textile and taxi drivers.
6. How is Miller treated at the beginning of the meeting?
(a) He is chastised.
(b) He is offered lunch.
(c) He is given compliments.
(d) He is told he is under investigation.
7. What foods does Edna identify as being very important for maintaining the kids' health?
(a) Lemonade and grapefruits.
(b) Orange juice and grapefruits.
(c) Apples and oranges.
(d) Peaches and apple juice.
8. Who is Lefty?
(a) A left-handed worker.
(b) Chairman of the workers committee.
(c) The best card player in the poker game.
(d) A spy for the union.
9. What does it mean to "take a run-out powder?"
(a) Not show up as promised.
(b) Take medicine for an upset stomach.
(c) Not leave when asked.
(d) Take a quick trip somewhere.
10. What are the professions of the two main characters?
(a) Dental assistant and manager.
(b) Cab driver and union leader.
(c) Lab assistant and industrialist.
(d) Doctor and hospital administrator.
11. Who is the "top man" behind workers?
(a) Union representatives.
(c) The man in the White House.
(d) The boss and his executives.
12. In Scene 2, what does Joe find when he arrives home from work at the end of the day?
(a) A living room without furniture.
(b) An old friend who had come to visit.
(c) A new couch and chair.
(d) The police waiting to arrest him.
13. What does Edna mean when she says, "Everything was gonna be so ducky!"?
(a) She and Joe would have a good life.
(b) The movie was expected to get an A+ review.
(c) She and Joe might have some rough times.
(d) She would serve duck for dinner.
14. How is Fatt described?
(a) A red-faced porker.
(b) A fat man of porcine appearance.
(c) A round guy with piggy appearance.
(d) A fat man with puffy cheeks.
15. What makes Miller especially vulnerable to exploitation?
(a) He earned his degree in a foreign country.
(b) He is too agreeable.
(c) He does not write well.
(d) He is a foreigner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miller initially feel about the new job assignment?
2. What does Fatt do to send the Gunman back to his original position?
3. What does Joe mean when he refers to "black and blue boys?"
4. Who initially insists that the action of many can accomplish what one cannot?
5. Which of Joe and Edna's bills needs to be paid right away?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)