|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joe react to Edna's threats and accusations?
(a) He ignores her.
(c) He is too cool to react.
(d) With anger.
2. What foods does Edna identify as being very important for maintaining the kids' health?
(a) Peaches and apple juice.
(b) Orange juice and grapefruits.
(c) Lemonade and grapefruits.
(d) Apples and oranges.
3. What does Edna imply that her current financial situation is causing to happen to her?
(a) Missing her favorite movie.
(b) Putting wrinkles on her face.
(c) Losing weight.
(d) Crying every day.
4. Who are the two main characters in Scene 3?
(a) Fayette and Siegfried.
(b) Siegfried and Miller.
(c) Miller and Fatt.
(d) Miller and Fayette.
5. What color is the hair of Joe and Edna's children?
6. Why do the characters assemble in the first scene?
(a) To listen to sports on radio.
(b) To eat dinner at a restaurant.
(c) To play a game of cards.
(d) To talk about a strike.
7. What does Fatt do after Joe comes forward?
(a) Sits and relights his cigar.
(b) Turns his back to Joe.
(c) Stands and crosses his arms.
(d) Sits at the end of the table.
8. Who does Joe accuse of racketeering?
9. Who initially insists that the action of many can accomplish what one cannot?
(b) Dr. Barnes.
10. To whom is the first character speaking?
(a) Concerned workers.
(b) A church fundraising group.
(c) Angry parents of little leaguers.
(d) Poker friends.
11. Who is the first character to speak in the play?
12. What is the state of consumer markets?
(a) They are losing money.
(b) They are contracting.
(c) They are stagnant.
(d) They are expanding.
13. Why does Joe think the workers need to strike?
(a) Because it makes the bosses look bad.
(b) So the workers can have extra money for vacations.
(c) The workers are supporting the company rather than the family.
(d) He doesn't. He believes striking is for losers.
14. What are the professions of the two main characters?
(a) Doctor and hospital administrator.
(b) Lab assistant and industrialist.
(c) Cab driver and union leader.
(d) Dental assistant and manager.
15. What does Joe tell Edna he had for lunch when he gets home from work?
(c) Burger and fries.
(d) Soda and crackers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edna tell Joe to do to help improve the financial situation?
2. What makes Miller especially vulnerable to exploitation?
3. What quality in employees does the company reward?
4. What does Joe initially think about strikes?
5. What does Edna mean when she says, "Everything was gonna be so ducky!"?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)