|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the hackers need to do to be successful?
(a) Stand up like men and fight for their families.
(b) Pay off the union leaders.
(c) Meet behind closed doors and make a plan.
(d) Send the Gunman out of the meeting hall.
2. What is Fayette's attitude toward unskilled workers?
3. What is the relationship between Joe and Edna?
(a) Boyfriend and girlfriend.
(b) Husband and wife.
(c) Brother and sister.
(d) Father and daughter.
4. Why is the research in Laboratory A so important at the time of the play?
(a) It is just regular research and not that important.
(b) It saves lives from disease.
(c) It prepares the United States for future wars.
(d) It protects soldiers fighting in the current war.
5. What does Fatt do to send the Gunman back to his original position?
(b) He waves his hand.
(c) He tells the Gunman to let the character speak.
(d) He asks the workers to sit down.
6. How is Fatt described?
(a) A red-faced porker.
(b) A fat man with puffy cheeks.
(c) A fat man of porcine appearance.
(d) A round guy with piggy appearance.
7. What does Joe call Edna after she says that he is "crawling like a worm?"
(a) A red.
(b) An ungrateful shrew.
(c) A nag.
(d) A tramp.
8. Who are the two Hollywood stars imitated by the buying public?
(a) Monroe and Miller.
(b) Cosby and Gibson.
(c) Crawford and Garbo.
(d) Gable and Garbo.
9. Which character is accused of taking a "run-out powder?"
10. What does it mean when a character is called "yellow?"
(a) He has a sunny disposition.
(b) He is courageous.
(c) He is a coward.
(d) He is a cab driver.
11. Who is Lefty?
(a) A spy for the union.
(b) The best card player in the poker game.
(c) A left-handed worker.
(d) Chairman of the workers committee.
12. What is the last action in Scene 3?
(a) Fayette throws Miller out of the office.
(b) Miller storms out of the office.
(c) Miller punches Fayette in the nose.
(d) Miller finally agrees to spy on his supervisor.
13. Why doesn't Edna want Joe to wake the children?
(a) They might disturb the game on the radio.
(b) They want some private time to themselves.
(c) Because the children will realize they haven't eaten supper.
(d) They are going out for the evening.
14. What does Joe mean when he says, "I rode the wheels off the chariot."?
(a) The front wheel has fallen off his motorcycle.
(b) He has done a lot of driving.
(c) His cab has a flat tire.
(d) He rode on a bus over 100 miles.
15. What are the professions of the two main characters?
(a) Dental assistant and manager.
(b) Cab driver and union leader.
(c) Doctor and hospital administrator.
(d) Lab assistant and industrialist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edna threaten to do if Joe does not change his behavior?
2. What does Edna think about strikes?
3. Who is the president as named in this scene?
4. What is the relationship of the main characters in Scene 3?
5. How do workers become committee members?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)