|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joe feel about being the man of the house?
(a) He likes making the important decisions.
(b) He wishes he could be a kid again.
(c) That's just the way it is.
(d) He does not believe women can think for themselves.
2. What two unions have failed at past strikes?
(a) Textile and taxi drivers.
(b) Teamsters and canners.
(c) Textile and steel.
(d) Dock and auto workers.
3. Who is the first character to speak in the play?
4. What does Edna think she is turning into?
(a) A dingbat.
(b) A nag.
(c) An overweight wife.
(d) A workaholic.
5. Who has ordered the research in Laboratory A?
(a) A philantropy organization.
(b) Uncle Sam.
(c) Private industry.
(d) A local research hospital.
6. Who does Joe call a Wop?
(a) The Voice.
7. What is the state of consumer markets?
(a) They are losing money.
(b) They are stagnant.
(c) They are contracting.
(d) They are expanding.
8. What does Joe bring home from the war?
(a) A new wife.
(c) A medal.
(d) An angry disposition.
9. What color is the hair of Joe and Edna's children?
10. What is the relationship of the main characters in Scene 3?
(a) Brother and sister.
(b) Father and son.
(c) Waiter and customer.
(d) Employer and employee.
11. How does Miller initially feel about the new job assignment?
(d) Very happy.
12. What is being developed in Laboratory A?
(a) The atomic bomb.
(b) A cure for tuberculosis.
(c) A newly designed gas mask.
(d) Poison gas.
13. What are the professions of the two main characters?
(a) Cab driver and union leader.
(b) Doctor and hospital administrator.
(c) Lab assistant and industrialist.
(d) Dental assistant and manager.
14. What does it mean to "take a run-out powder?"
(a) Not show up as promised.
(b) Take a quick trip somewhere.
(c) Take medicine for an upset stomach.
(d) Not leave when asked.
15. What quality in employees does the company reward?
(c) Networking skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edna fear will happen to the kids' bodies if they don't eat better?
2. What does it mean when a character is called "yellow?"
3. What is the last action in Scene 3?
4. Why is the research in Laboratory A so important at the time of the play?
5. To whom is the first character speaking?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)