|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe do to quiet the men?
(a) Tells them to be quiet.
(b) Raises his hand.
(c) He is unable to quiet them.
(d) Raises a clenched fist.
2. To whom is the first character speaking?
(a) Poker friends.
(b) Concerned workers.
(c) Angry parents of little leaguers.
(d) A church fundraising group.
3. How does Miller initially feel about the new job assignment?
(d) Very happy.
4. How does Joe feel about being the man of the house?
(a) He does not believe women can think for themselves.
(b) He likes making the important decisions.
(c) That's just the way it is.
(d) He wishes he could be a kid again.
5. What is the role of the character chewing on a toothpick?
(a) To bring food.
(b) To keep score for the game.
(c) To maintain order.
(d) To get the minutes approved.
6. What is Fayette's attitude about death and war?
(a) Fayette believes death in war is honorable.
(b) War serves no useful purpose and life is wasted.
(c) Families should be paid when soldiers die in war.
(d) Death is a good way to become a hero.
7. In Scene 2, what does Joe find when he arrives home from work at the end of the day?
(a) A new couch and chair.
(b) The police waiting to arrest him.
(c) A living room without furniture.
(d) An old friend who had come to visit.
8. Who is Andy Gump?
(a) A newspaper comic strip character.
(b) A mentally challenged movie character.
(c) The guy who worked in Laboratory A.
(d) One of the employees who led the strike.
9. What is the setting of Scene 3?
(a) A research laboratory.
(b) The living room of a house.
(c) A neighborhood restaurant.
(d) A luxurious office.
10. Why doesn't Edna want Joe to wake the children?
(a) They want some private time to themselves.
(b) They might disturb the game on the radio.
(c) Because the children will realize they haven't eaten supper.
(d) They are going out for the evening.
11. What does Edna threaten to do if Joe does not change his behavior?
(a) Buy herself a fancy new dress.
(b) Run away with an old boyfriend.
(c) Move in with her best friend.
(d) Get a job at a diner.
12. What color is the hair of Joe and Edna's children?
13. Why is the boss meeting with Miller?
(a) To fire him.
(b) To get dirt on other employees.
(c) To tell him about his new job.
(d) To have lunch because they are friends.
14. What does Fatt do after Joe comes forward?
(a) Sits at the end of the table.
(b) Stands and crosses his arms.
(c) Sits and relights his cigar.
(d) Turns his back to Joe.
15. Who does Joe accuse of racketeering?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it mean to "take a run-out powder?"
2. What does Edna tell Joe to do to help improve the financial situation?
3. What is one reason Joe gives for strikes sometimes failing?
4. Who is the smoker and drinker in Scene 3?
5. What makes Miller especially vulnerable to exploitation?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)