|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last action in Scene 3?
(a) Miller finally agrees to spy on his supervisor.
(b) Fayette throws Miller out of the office.
(c) Miller punches Fayette in the nose.
(d) Miller storms out of the office.
2. What makes Miller especially vulnerable to exploitation?
(a) He does not write well.
(b) He earned his degree in a foreign country.
(c) He is too agreeable.
(d) He is a foreigner.
3. What is the relationship between Joe and Edna?
(a) Brother and sister.
(b) Father and daughter.
(c) Husband and wife.
(d) Boyfriend and girlfriend.
4. What proof does Joe offer to contest Fatt's suggestion that workers had hot suppers to go home to?
(a) He asks for comments from workers.
(b) He describes his last evening meal.
(c) He asks workers to raise their hands.
(d) He asks workers for a voice vote of yes or no.
5. What does Joe bring home from the war?
(a) A new wife.
(c) A medal.
(d) An angry disposition.
6. To whom is the first character speaking?
(a) A church fundraising group.
(b) Angry parents of little leaguers.
(c) Poker friends.
(d) Concerned workers.
7. Who are the two main characters in Scene 3?
(a) Fayette and Siegfried.
(b) Miller and Fayette.
(c) Miller and Fatt.
(d) Siegfried and Miller.
8. What do the workers demand from the union leader?
(a) To hear from the committee.
(b) To let each person speak.
(c) To say a prayer before starting.
(d) To wait for Lefty.
9. What does Joe initially think about strikes?
(a) People lose their jobs.
(b) He's not sure.
(c) Strikes do not work.
(d) Strikes work.
10. What does Edna tell Joe to do to help improve the financial situation?
(a) Take action against the bosses.
(b) Sell his car to a friend.
(c) Get a second job.
(d) Borrow a loan from a family member.
11. Who is the president as named in this scene?
12. How does Miller initially feel about the new job assignment?
(b) Very happy.
13. Why is a character called a "red?"
(a) He wears a red tie to the meeting.
(b) He disagrees with the union representative.
(c) His face is red with anger.
(d) He disagrees with the union workers.
14. What are the professions of the two main characters?
(a) Cab driver and union leader.
(b) Doctor and hospital administrator.
(c) Dental assistant and manager.
(d) Lab assistant and industrialist.
15. What source is suggested as proof to backup Fatt's claims?
(a) The newspapers.
(b) Union mazagine.
(c) The radio.
(d) Sports Illustrated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fatt do after Joe comes forward?
2. What does Fayette believe is the advantage of keeping certain employees drunk?
3. In Scene 3, what changes the employee's mind about the new work assignment?
4. How do workers become committee members?
5. In what war do 12 million men die?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)