|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what war do 12 million men die?
(a) The Iraqi War.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Vietnam Conflict.
(d) World War I.
2. What does Edna threaten to do if Joe does not change his behavior?
(a) Move in with her best friend.
(b) Get a job at a diner.
(c) Buy herself a fancy new dress.
(d) Run away with an old boyfriend.
3. Who is the first character to speak in the play?
4. What does it mean when a character is called "yellow?"
(a) He is a cab driver.
(b) He is a coward.
(c) He is courageous.
(d) He has a sunny disposition.
5. What does Joe mean when he refers to "black and blue boys?"
(a) Members of a certain sports team.
(b) Newspaper boys.
(c) Workers mistreated by their employers.
(d) Veterans of the war.
6. What is Fayette's attitude about death and war?
(a) War serves no useful purpose and life is wasted.
(b) Families should be paid when soldiers die in war.
(c) Death is a good way to become a hero.
(d) Fayette believes death in war is honorable.
7. What does Edna think she is turning into?
(a) An overweight wife.
(b) A dingbat.
(c) A workaholic.
(d) A nag.
8. What does Edna imply that her current financial situation is causing to happen to her?
(a) Missing her favorite movie.
(b) Losing weight.
(c) Crying every day.
(d) Putting wrinkles on her face.
9. Who initially insists that the action of many can accomplish what one cannot?
(b) Dr. Barnes.
10. Why doesn't Edna want Joe to wake the children?
(a) They might disturb the game on the radio.
(b) They want some private time to themselves.
(c) Because the children will realize they haven't eaten supper.
(d) They are going out for the evening.
11. How does Edna react to Joe's attempts at affection?
(a) Gives him a back rub.
(b) Refuses to let him touch her.
(c) Welcomes his embrace.
(d) Slaps his face.
12. What is Joe's plan before going to the workers meeting?
(a) Talk to Lefty.
(b) Eat dinner.
(c) Talk to the old boyfriend.
(d) Meet privately with Fatt.
13. How much of a raise is Miller initially offered?
(a) Twenty dollars a month.
(b) Two dollars a day.
(c) Twelve dollars a year.
(d) Five dollars a month.
14. What is the relationship of the main characters in Scene 3?
(a) Father and son.
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Waiter and customer.
(d) Employer and employee.
15. What does Joe bring home from the war?
(a) A new wife.
(c) A medal.
(d) An angry disposition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe mean when he says, "I rode the wheels off the chariot."?
2. How do workers become committee members?
3. Who is Andy Gump?
4. What is the role of the character chewing on a toothpick?
5. What quality in employees does the company reward?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)