|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a main character complain that the talk of Lefty has turned the meeting into?
(a) A church mass.
(b) A brawl.
(c) A pep rally.
(d) A circus.
2. Which of Joe and Edna's bills needs to be paid right away?
(a) Furniture installment.
(b) The light bill.
(d) The heat bill.
3. What quality in employees does the company reward?
(a) Networking skills.
4. How does Joe react to Edna's threats and accusations?
(a) He is too cool to react.
(b) He ignores her.
(d) With anger.
5. What do the hackers need to do to be successful?
(a) Send the Gunman out of the meeting hall.
(b) Meet behind closed doors and make a plan.
(c) Pay off the union leaders.
(d) Stand up like men and fight for their families.
6. Why is the research in Laboratory A so important at the time of the play?
(a) It prepares the United States for future wars.
(b) It protects soldiers fighting in the current war.
(c) It is just regular research and not that important.
(d) It saves lives from disease.
7. What does Edna think about strikes?
(a) Strikes are too risky.
(b) Strikes can work.
(c) She's not sure.
(d) Strikes do not work.
8. Who is the "top man" behind workers?
(a) Union representatives.
(c) The man in the White House.
(d) The boss and his executives.
9. Who helps Joe overcome his fear of fighting for a living wage and make up his mind?
(b) Sol Feinberg.
(c) His wife.
10. What is one thing Fatt accuses "reds" of doing?
(a) Supporting bosses against workers.
(b) Spying on workers.
(c) Turning women into Christians.
(d) Turning women into prostitutes.
11. What makes Miller especially vulnerable to exploitation?
(a) He is too agreeable.
(b) He earned his degree in a foreign country.
(c) He is a foreigner.
(d) He does not write well.
12. Who is Lefty?
(a) A left-handed worker.
(b) Chairman of the workers committee.
(c) A spy for the union.
(d) The best card player in the poker game.
13. What does it mean when a character is called "yellow?"
(a) He is courageous.
(b) He is a coward.
(c) He is a cab driver.
(d) He has a sunny disposition.
14. What does Joe tell Edna he had for lunch when he gets home from work?
(c) Burger and fries.
(d) Soda and crackers.
15. What is the role of the character chewing on a toothpick?
(a) To maintain order.
(b) To get the minutes approved.
(c) To keep score for the game.
(d) To bring food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fayette believe is the advantage of keeping certain employees drunk?
2. Why do the characters assemble in the first scene?
3. What does Joe bring home from the war?
4. What foods does Edna identify as being very important for maintaining the kids' health?
5. Who is the smoker and drinker in Scene 3?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)