|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe initially think about strikes?
(a) Strikes work.
(b) Strikes do not work.
(c) People lose their jobs.
(d) He's not sure.
2. What does Edna fear will happen to the kids' bodies if they don't eat better?
(a) Colds and club feet.
(b) Sick bones and crooked spines.
(c) Crooked spines and swollen legs.
(d) Underweight and weak bones.
3. Who is Andy Gump?
(a) A newspaper comic strip character.
(b) A mentally challenged movie character.
(c) The guy who worked in Laboratory A.
(d) One of the employees who led the strike.
4. How is Miller treated at the beginning of the meeting?
(a) He is given compliments.
(b) He is offered lunch.
(c) He is told he is under investigation.
(d) He is chastised.
5. What motivates the Gunman to move from his original position to center stage?
(a) He is checking the agenda located on the table.
(b) A character moves to the front to speak.
(c) Someone gets into a shoving match with Fatt.
(d) He is told to quiet the crowd.
6. How does Joe react to Edna's threats and accusations?
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He is too cool to react.
(d) With anger.
7. Who is the "top man" behind workers?
(a) Union representatives.
(b) The boss and his executives.
(c) The man in the White House.
8. Who are the two main characters in Scene 3?
(a) Siegfried and Miller.
(b) Fayette and Siegfried.
(c) Miller and Fayette.
(d) Miller and Fatt.
9. In Scene 3, what changes the employee's mind about the new work assignment?
(a) He doesn't think he can make a difference.
(b) Writing weekly reports on his research.
(c) The boss asks him to spy on his supervisor.
(d) Making chemical weapons.
10. What does Edna tell Joe to do to help improve the financial situation?
(a) Sell his car to a friend.
(b) Borrow a loan from a family member.
(c) Get a second job.
(d) Take action against the bosses.
11. What does Edna threaten to do if Joe does not change his behavior?
(a) Run away with an old boyfriend.
(b) Buy herself a fancy new dress.
(c) Get a job at a diner.
(d) Move in with her best friend.
12. Who does Joe accuse of racketeering?
13. What does Edna imply that her current financial situation is causing to happen to her?
(a) Missing her favorite movie.
(b) Putting wrinkles on her face.
(c) Crying every day.
(d) Losing weight.
14. Why is the boss meeting with Miller?
(a) To tell him about his new job.
(b) To have lunch because they are friends.
(c) To fire him.
(d) To get dirt on other employees.
15. What is the relationship between Joe and Edna?
(a) Husband and wife.
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Boyfriend and girlfriend.
(d) Father and daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Fatt described?
2. What is Fayette's attitude about death and war?
3. To whom is the first character speaking?
4. What does Edna think she is turning into?
5. What does Joe tell Edna he had for lunch when he gets home from work?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)