|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is being developed in Laboratory A?
(a) A cure for tuberculosis.
(b) Poison gas.
(c) The atomic bomb.
(d) A newly designed gas mask.
2. What does a main character complain that the talk of Lefty has turned the meeting into?
(a) A church mass.
(b) A brawl.
(c) A pep rally.
(d) A circus.
3. What does Joe tell Edna he had for lunch when he gets home from work?
(b) Soda and crackers.
(c) Burger and fries.
4. How does Edna react to Joe's attempts at affection?
(a) Welcomes his embrace.
(b) Refuses to let him touch her.
(c) Slaps his face.
(d) Gives him a back rub.
5. Who does Joe call a Wop?
(c) The Voice.
6. Who initially insists that the action of many can accomplish what one cannot?
(c) Dr. Barnes.
7. How do workers become committee members?
(a) There are no committee members, just workers.
(b) They are appointed by the union bosses.
(c) They volunteer for a term.
(d) They are elected by the workers.
8. Why doesn't Edna want Joe to wake the children?
(a) They want some private time to themselves.
(b) They are going out for the evening.
(c) They might disturb the game on the radio.
(d) Because the children will realize they haven't eaten supper.
9. What is the state of consumer markets?
(a) They are losing money.
(b) They are contracting.
(c) They are stagnant.
(d) They are expanding.
10. What is the role of the character chewing on a toothpick?
(a) To get the minutes approved.
(b) To keep score for the game.
(c) To maintain order.
(d) To bring food.
11. What two unions have failed at past strikes?
(a) Textile and taxi drivers.
(b) Teamsters and canners.
(c) Dock and auto workers.
(d) Textile and steel.
12. How much of a raise is Miller initially offered?
(a) Twenty dollars a month.
(b) Twelve dollars a year.
(c) Five dollars a month.
(d) Two dollars a day.
13. How is Fatt described?
(a) A fat man with puffy cheeks.
(b) A fat man of porcine appearance.
(c) A round guy with piggy appearance.
(d) A red-faced porker.
14. What are the professions of the two main characters?
(a) Cab driver and union leader.
(b) Dental assistant and manager.
(c) Doctor and hospital administrator.
(d) Lab assistant and industrialist.
15. What do the workers demand from the union leader?
(a) To wait for Lefty.
(b) To let each person speak.
(c) To hear from the committee.
(d) To say a prayer before starting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edna threaten to do if Joe does not change his behavior?
2. What does Edna say Joe's boss is giving the kids?
3. What does Fatt do to send the Gunman back to his original position?
4. What does it mean when a character is called "yellow?"
5. Who is Lefty?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)