|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joe react to Edna's threats and accusations?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) With anger.
(c) He is too cool to react.
2. Who is referred to as having "more guts than a slaughter house?"
(c) The Gunman.
3. How do workers become committee members?
(a) They are appointed by the union bosses.
(b) They are elected by the workers.
(c) There are no committee members, just workers.
(d) They volunteer for a term.
4. Why do the characters discuss "Mrs. Consumer" and Hollywood?
(a) To explain the appearance of the setting.
(b) Because the wife of one of them loves the movies.
(c) To discuss the price of a ticket someone bought.
(d) Because the setting needs a woman's touch.
5. What does Joe call Edna after she says that he is "crawling like a worm?"
(a) A nag.
(b) An ungrateful shrew.
(c) A tramp.
(d) A red.
6. What does Edna say Joe's boss is giving the kids?
(c) A new pair of shoes.
(d) Stress and anxiety.
7. How is Fatt described?
(a) A round guy with piggy appearance.
(b) A fat man with puffy cheeks.
(c) A fat man of porcine appearance.
(d) A red-faced porker.
8. What does Edna think about strikes?
(a) Strikes can work.
(b) Strikes do not work.
(c) She's not sure.
(d) Strikes are too risky.
9. How is Miller treated at the beginning of the meeting?
(a) He is given compliments.
(b) He is told he is under investigation.
(c) He is chastised.
(d) He is offered lunch.
10. What are the professions of the two main characters?
(a) Doctor and hospital administrator.
(b) Lab assistant and industrialist.
(c) Dental assistant and manager.
(d) Cab driver and union leader.
11. What makes Miller especially vulnerable to exploitation?
(a) He earned his degree in a foreign country.
(b) He does not write well.
(c) He is a foreigner.
(d) He is too agreeable.
12. What is the state of consumer markets?
(a) They are expanding.
(b) They are stagnant.
(c) They are losing money.
(d) They are contracting.
13. Who is Lefty?
(a) The best card player in the poker game.
(b) A left-handed worker.
(c) A spy for the union.
(d) Chairman of the workers committee.
14. Who does Joe call a Wop?
(a) The Voice.
15. How much do Joe and Edna pay for rent?
(a) Six dollars a week.
(b) Ten dollars a week.
(c) Five dollars a day.
(d) Fifteen dollars a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edna mean when she says, "Everything was gonna be so ducky!"?
2. Who are the two Hollywood stars imitated by the buying public?
3. In Scene 2, what does Joe find when he arrives home from work at the end of the day?
4. Why do the characters assemble in the first scene?
5. What does Joe mean when he refers to "black and blue boys?"
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)