|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the hack judged so harshly by his girl's family?
(a) He has been mean to his girl in the past.
(b) He is arrogant.
(c) He does not act like a man.
(d) He barely makes a living.
2. What do the workers demand from the union leader?
(a) To hear from the committee.
(b) To let each person speak.
(c) To wait for Lefty.
(d) To say a prayer before starting.
3. What is the setting of Scene 3?
(a) A neighborhood restaurant.
(b) A research laboratory.
(c) A luxurious office.
(d) The living room of a house.
4. Why would the workers not want to listen to Clayton?
(a) The workers are ready to go home.
(b) The workers want to hear someone else speak.
(c) He is brought before them by Fatt.
(d) He doesn't seem to know much about strikes.
5. What does Edna threaten to do if Joe does not change his behavior?
(a) Move in with her best friend.
(b) Buy herself a fancy new dress.
(c) Get a job at a diner.
(d) Run away with an old boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clayton exit the meeting?
2. Who does Fatt ask to stop the talkative Voice?
3. From what location does the Voice challenge Clayton?
4. What does a main character complain that the talk of Lefty has turned the meeting into?
5. Who are the hack and his girl?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)