|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is being developed in Laboratory A?
(a) A newly designed gas mask.
(b) Poison gas.
(c) A cure for tuberculosis.
(d) The atomic bomb.
2. Who are the two Hollywood stars imitated by the buying public?
(a) Cosby and Gibson.
(b) Crawford and Garbo.
(c) Gable and Garbo.
(d) Monroe and Miller.
3. To whom is the first character speaking?
(a) A church fundraising group.
(b) Concerned workers.
(c) Poker friends.
(d) Angry parents of little leaguers.
4. What does Fatt do after Joe comes forward?
(a) Turns his back to Joe.
(b) Stands and crosses his arms.
(c) Sits at the end of the table.
(d) Sits and relights his cigar.
5. Who is Lefty?
(a) A spy for the union.
(b) Chairman of the workers committee.
(c) The best card player in the poker game.
(d) A left-handed worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 2, what does Joe find when he arrives home from work at the end of the day?
2. Why doesn't Edna want Joe to wake the children?
3. Why do the characters discuss "Mrs. Consumer" and Hollywood?
4. Which character is accused of taking a "run-out powder?"
5. Who is the "top man" behind workers?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)