|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Odets foreshadow some of the main characters in the play?
(a) Makes them members of the workers' committee.
(b) Blacklists them for expulsion from the union.
(c) Has them all speak in Scene 1.
(d) Reveals each one slowly as the "voice."
2. What does Edna mean when she says, "Everything was gonna be so ducky!"?
(a) The movie was expected to get an A+ review.
(b) She and Joe would have a good life.
(c) She and Joe might have some rough times.
(d) She would serve duck for dinner.
3. Which of Joe and Edna's bills needs to be paid right away?
(b) The heat bill.
(c) The light bill.
(d) Furniture installment.
4. What quality in employees does the company reward?
(a) Networking skills.
5. What does Edna threaten to do if Joe does not change his behavior?
(a) Move in with her best friend.
(b) Run away with an old boyfriend.
(c) Get a job at a diner.
(d) Buy herself a fancy new dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it mean when a character is called "yellow?"
2. Who is referred to as having "more guts than a slaughter house?"
3. What does Edna tell Joe to do to help improve the financial situation?
4. Who are the two main characters in Scene 3?
5. How is Fatt described?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)