|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reasons does Joe give for not making more money?
(a) Conditions and competition.
(b) Competition and bad weather.
(c) Conditions and no work.
(d) Recent illness and bad weather.
2. What does Edna think about strikes?
(a) She's not sure.
(b) Strikes are too risky.
(c) Strikes do not work.
(d) Strikes can work.
3. Who is the first character to speak in the play?
4. What does Edna fear will happen to the kids' bodies if they don't eat better?
(a) Underweight and weak bones.
(b) Crooked spines and swollen legs.
(c) Sick bones and crooked spines.
(d) Colds and club feet.
5. What do the workers demand from the union leader?
(a) To hear from the committee.
(b) To say a prayer before starting.
(c) To wait for Lefty.
(d) To let each person speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joe call a Wop?
2. What is Joe paying his dues to?
3. Why do the characters assemble in the first scene?
4. In what war do 12 million men die?
5. What does a main character complain that the talk of Lefty has turned the meeting into?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)