|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What motivates the Gunman to move from his original position to center stage?
(a) Someone gets into a shoving match with Fatt.
(b) He is checking the agenda located on the table.
(c) He is told to quiet the crowd.
(d) A character moves to the front to speak.
2. What is one reason Joe gives for strikes sometimes failing?
(a) Strikers usually accept that a strike isn't needed.
(b) Strikes fail because they are dishonorable.
(c) Slackers don't work hard enough to win.
(d) One person can't win against the union.
3. What color is the hair of Joe and Edna's children?
4. Why do the characters assemble in the first scene?
(a) To talk about a strike.
(b) To listen to sports on radio.
(c) To eat dinner at a restaurant.
(d) To play a game of cards.
5. How is Fatt described?
(a) A round guy with piggy appearance.
(b) A fat man of porcine appearance.
(c) A fat man with puffy cheeks.
(d) A red-faced porker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the "top man" behind workers?
2. What does it mean to "take a run-out powder?"
3. Which character is accused of taking a "run-out powder?"
4. What does it mean when a character is called "yellow?"
5. What does Joe do to quiet the men?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)