|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe mean when he refers to "black and blue boys?"
(a) Workers mistreated by their employers.
(b) Newspaper boys.
(c) Veterans of the war.
(d) Members of a certain sports team.
2. What does it mean when a character is called "yellow?"
(a) He is courageous.
(b) He is a coward.
(c) He has a sunny disposition.
(d) He is a cab driver.
3. What does Joe bring home from the war?
(a) A new wife.
(b) A medal.
(c) An angry disposition.
4. Why is a character called a "red?"
(a) He disagrees with the union representative.
(b) He disagrees with the union workers.
(c) His face is red with anger.
(d) He wears a red tie to the meeting.
5. How do workers become committee members?
(a) There are no committee members, just workers.
(b) They are appointed by the union bosses.
(c) They are elected by the workers.
(d) They volunteer for a term.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the hackers need to do to be successful?
2. Who is Lefty?
3. What does Edna threaten to do if Joe does not change his behavior?
4. Who is the first character to speak in the play?
5. What reasons does Joe give for not making more money?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)