|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship of the main characters in Scene 3?
(a) Employer and employee.
(b) Father and son.
(c) Waiter and customer.
(d) Brother and sister.
2. What is the role of the character chewing on a toothpick?
(a) To keep score for the game.
(b) To bring food.
(c) To get the minutes approved.
(d) To maintain order.
3. How does Edna react to Joe's attempts at affection?
(a) Slaps his face.
(b) Gives him a back rub.
(c) Refuses to let him touch her.
(d) Welcomes his embrace.
4. What are the professions of the two main characters?
(a) Lab assistant and industrialist.
(b) Dental assistant and manager.
(c) Doctor and hospital administrator.
(d) Cab driver and union leader.
5. What does Edna imply that her current financial situation is causing to happen to her?
(a) Crying every day.
(b) Missing her favorite movie.
(c) Putting wrinkles on her face.
(d) Losing weight.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joe react to Edna's threats and accusations?
2. What reasons does Joe give for not making more money?
3. What does Edna think about strikes?
4. Who is the "top man" behind workers?
5. What does it mean to "take a run-out powder?"
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)