|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Andy Gump?
(a) The guy who worked in Laboratory A.
(b) A mentally challenged movie character.
(c) One of the employees who led the strike.
(d) A newspaper comic strip character.
2. How does Edna react to Joe's attempts at affection?
(a) Gives him a back rub.
(b) Refuses to let him touch her.
(c) Slaps his face.
(d) Welcomes his embrace.
3. What do the hackers need to do to be successful?
(a) Send the Gunman out of the meeting hall.
(b) Pay off the union leaders.
(c) Stand up like men and fight for their families.
(d) Meet behind closed doors and make a plan.
4. Why is the boss meeting with Miller?
(a) To get dirt on other employees.
(b) To fire him.
(c) To have lunch because they are friends.
(d) To tell him about his new job.
5. How does Odets foreshadow some of the main characters in the play?
(a) Has them all speak in Scene 1.
(b) Makes them members of the workers' committee.
(c) Reveals each one slowly as the "voice."
(d) Blacklists them for expulsion from the union.
Short Answer Questions
1. What source is suggested as proof to backup Fatt's claims?
2. To whom is the first character speaking?
3. What does Joe call Edna after she says that he is "crawling like a worm?"
4. What does it mean to "take a run-out powder?"
5. What is the state of consumer markets?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)