|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is being developed in Laboratory A?
(a) A newly designed gas mask.
(b) The atomic bomb.
(c) A cure for tuberculosis.
(d) Poison gas.
2. What does Edna tell Joe to do to help improve the financial situation?
(a) Borrow a loan from a family member.
(b) Get a second job.
(c) Sell his car to a friend.
(d) Take action against the bosses.
3. What quality in employees does the company reward?
(c) Networking skills.
4. What does Edna think she is turning into?
(a) A nag.
(b) A dingbat.
(c) An overweight wife.
(d) A workaholic.
5. What two unions have failed at past strikes?
(a) Teamsters and canners.
(b) Dock and auto workers.
(c) Textile and taxi drivers.
(d) Textile and steel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the role of the character chewing on a toothpick?
2. What does Joe mean when he refers to "black and blue boys?"
3. What does Joe call Edna after she says that he is "crawling like a worm?"
4. What does a main character complain that the talk of Lefty has turned the meeting into?
5. How does Joe react to Edna's threats and accusations?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)