|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edna think about strikes?
(a) She's not sure.
(b) Strikes do not work.
(c) Strikes can work.
(d) Strikes are too risky.
2. Who is Lefty?
(a) The best card player in the poker game.
(b) A left-handed worker.
(c) A spy for the union.
(d) Chairman of the workers committee.
3. What is the relationship between Joe and Edna?
(a) Husband and wife.
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Boyfriend and girlfriend.
(d) Father and daughter.
4. What does Edna fear will happen to the kids' bodies if they don't eat better?
(a) Sick bones and crooked spines.
(b) Crooked spines and swollen legs.
(c) Colds and club feet.
(d) Underweight and weak bones.
5. How do workers become committee members?
(a) They are elected by the workers.
(b) There are no committee members, just workers.
(c) They volunteer for a term.
(d) They are appointed by the union bosses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe mean when he refers to "black and blue boys?"
2. What does Edna threaten to do if Joe does not change his behavior?
3. Which of Joe and Edna's bills needs to be paid right away?
4. What does Fatt do after Joe comes forward?
5. What does Edna tell Joe to do to help improve the financial situation?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)