|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the hair of Joe and Edna's children?
2. Who is Lefty?
(a) The best card player in the poker game.
(b) Chairman of the workers committee.
(c) A spy for the union.
(d) A left-handed worker.
3. To whom is the first character speaking?
(a) Poker friends.
(b) A church fundraising group.
(c) Angry parents of little leaguers.
(d) Concerned workers.
4. What is one thing Fatt accuses "reds" of doing?
(a) Spying on workers.
(b) Turning women into prostitutes.
(c) Turning women into Christians.
(d) Supporting bosses against workers.
5. Who helps Joe overcome his fear of fighting for a living wage and make up his mind?
(a) Sol Feinberg.
(c) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one reason Joe gives for strikes sometimes failing?
2. What reasons does Joe give for not making more money?
3. What do the hackers need to do to be successful?
4. What does Joe and Edna's daughter Emmy need before going to school the next day?
5. What do the workers demand from the union leader?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)