|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is accused of taking a "run-out powder?"
2. Who is referred to as having "more guts than a slaughter house?"
(d) The Gunman.
3. Which of Joe and Edna's bills needs to be paid right away?
(a) The light bill.
(c) The heat bill.
(d) Furniture installment.
4. What does it mean to "take a run-out powder?"
(a) Not leave when asked.
(b) Not show up as promised.
(c) Take a quick trip somewhere.
(d) Take medicine for an upset stomach.
5. What is the relationship between Joe and Edna?
(a) Husband and wife.
(b) Father and daughter.
(c) Brother and sister.
(d) Boyfriend and girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edna tell Joe to do to help improve the financial situation?
2. What does Joe mean when he refers to "black and blue boys?"
3. What is Joe paying his dues to?
4. What does Joe and Edna's daughter Emmy need before going to school the next day?
5. What foods does Edna identify as being very important for maintaining the kids' health?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)