|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Odets foreshadow some of the main characters in the play?
(a) Makes them members of the workers' committee.
(b) Reveals each one slowly as the "voice."
(c) Blacklists them for expulsion from the union.
(d) Has them all speak in Scene 1.
2. What does it mean when a character is called "yellow?"
(a) He is courageous.
(b) He is a cab driver.
(c) He has a sunny disposition.
(d) He is a coward.
3. Who is the "top man" behind workers?
(a) The man in the White House.
(c) The boss and his executives.
(d) Union representatives.
4. Who is the president as named in this scene?
5. What is one thing Fatt accuses "reds" of doing?
(a) Turning women into Christians.
(b) Turning women into prostitutes.
(c) Supporting bosses against workers.
(d) Spying on workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What proof does Joe offer to contest Fatt's suggestion that workers had hot suppers to go home to?
2. What does it mean to "take a run-out powder?"
3. What does Joe bring home from the war?
4. What does Fatt do after Joe comes forward?
5. What does Joe do to quiet the men?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)