|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe bring home from the war?
(a) An angry disposition.
(b) A new wife.
(c) A medal.
2. What does it mean when a character is called "yellow?"
(a) He is a cab driver.
(b) He is a coward.
(c) He is courageous.
(d) He has a sunny disposition.
3. Why is a character called a "red?"
(a) His face is red with anger.
(b) He disagrees with the union representative.
(c) He wears a red tie to the meeting.
(d) He disagrees with the union workers.
4. To whom is the first character speaking?
(a) A church fundraising group.
(b) Angry parents of little leaguers.
(c) Poker friends.
(d) Concerned workers.
5. Who is referred to as having "more guts than a slaughter house?"
(c) The Gunman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the role of the character chewing on a toothpick?
2. What does Joe do to quiet the men?
3. What proof does Joe offer to contest Fatt's suggestion that workers had hot suppers to go home to?
4. Who is the "top man" behind workers?
5. How does Odets foreshadow some of the main characters in the play?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)