|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fayette believe is the advantage of keeping certain employees drunk?
(a) You can cheat them out of wages.
(b) They are easier to justify firing.
(c) Keeps them out of mischief.
(d) They work harder drunk than sober.
2. What is the state of consumer markets?
(a) They are stagnant.
(b) They are expanding.
(c) They are losing money.
(d) They are contracting.
3. Why do the characters assemble in the first scene?
(a) To talk about a strike.
(b) To eat dinner at a restaurant.
(c) To listen to sports on radio.
(d) To play a game of cards.
4. What are the professions of the two main characters?
(a) Dental assistant and manager.
(b) Cab driver and union leader.
(c) Doctor and hospital administrator.
(d) Lab assistant and industrialist.
5. What does Irv think of Florence?
(a) She might be pregnant.
(b) She is easy to get along with.
(c) She is mature for her age.
(d) She is an immature kid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edna think she is turning into?
2. What influential character is talked about but does not appear in Scene 3 or Scene 4?
3. What does Edna mean when she says, "Everything was gonna be so ducky!"?
4. What foods does Edna identify as being very important for maintaining the kids' health?
5. Why doesn't Edna want Joe to wake the children?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)