|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the "top man" behind workers?
(a) The boss and his executives.
(b) The man in the White House.
(c) Union representatives.
2. What is Fayette's attitude about death and war?
(a) War serves no useful purpose and life is wasted.
(b) Fayette believes death in war is honorable.
(c) Death is a good way to become a hero.
(d) Families should be paid when soldiers die in war.
3. What is Joe's plan before going to the workers meeting?
(a) Talk to the old boyfriend.
(b) Meet privately with Fatt.
(c) Talk to Lefty.
(d) Eat dinner.
4. To whom is the first character speaking?
(a) Concerned workers.
(b) Angry parents of little leaguers.
(c) Poker friends.
(d) A church fundraising group.
5. In what war do 12 million men die?
(a) The Vietnam Conflict.
(b) World War II.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Iraqi War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fayette's attitude toward unskilled workers?
2. What does Joe mean when he says, "I rode the wheels off the chariot."?
3. How much of a raise is Miller initially offered?
4. How does the hack feel about his girl?
5. What reasons does Joe give for not making more money?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)