|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pozzo asks Estragon and Vladimir if they are at a place called the Board, Vladimir describes the surroundings, and Pozzo tells him
2. When Estragon wakes up in Act II, disoriented by a nightmare, Vladimir
3. What is the first thing Vladimir suggests Estragon do when he checks on Lucky in Act II?
4. Vladimir tries to clarify that he and Estragon met Pozzo and Lucky yesterday. Pozzo tells him he doesn't remember meeting them yesterday and that tomorrow
5. What does Estragon say he was dreaming of when Vladimir woke him up in Act II?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you feel you are most like or unlike? Which of your personality characteristics and the personality characteristics of the character you chose support your belief?
Essay Topic 2
Does Godot exist? Why do you feel the way you do? Is there any supporting evidence in the play? If you feel that Godot does exist, is Godot God? Why do you feel the way you do?
Essay Topic 3
Estragon is beaten during the two nights the play covers. He seems to accept the beatings as a part of life. What do you think Beckett was trying to say? Keep in mind that when Vladimir tells Estragon he would have stopped the beating, he doesn't mean that he would have stopped the people who beat Estragon, but that he would stop Estragon from doing whatever he had done to antagonize those who beat him.
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)