|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For the second time in the play, Estragon and Vladimir talk about hanging themselves on the tree, but they can't because they
2. When Estragon comments that his boots are too big in Act II, Vladimir tells him that perhaps, someday, he will
3. Upon his return, Pozzo wants to know if Estragon and Vladimir are
4. Throughout the dialogue in Act II, Estragon and Vladimir are doing their best to keep talking so they don't
5. At the beginning of Act II, Vladimir sings a song about a
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Describe each character by creating a "picture" with words. Concentrate on picking the best words to describe each character. Think of words that show how the characters are both different and similar to each other. In other words, what traits do they share, and what traits are unique to each character?
Essay Topic 2Which character do you feel you are most like or unlike? Which of your personality characteristics and the personality characteristics of the character you chose support your belief?
Essay Topic 3Many lines of dialogue consist of single words or very brief sentences. How does this approach to dialogue affect the mood of the play, and what does it tell you about the characters, especially Estragon and Vladimir?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)