Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II, Estragon remembers some of the things that happened the day before including:
2. Finally, toward the end of the play, Vladimir tells Estragon they will hang themselves tomorrow unless
3. Vladimir realizes Estragon has been beaten again and tells him he wouldn't have let "them" beat Estragon because he would
4. Vladimir tells Estragon, at the end of the second act, that if Godot comes,
5. After Estragon and Vladimir help Pozzo stand up in Act II, Pozzo asks Estragon and Vladimir if they are friends of his. They tell him
Essay Topic 1
There is almost nothing on the stage with the actors. There are very few props. How do you think this contributes to the overall feeling of the play? Why do you think Beckett used a bare tree on the stage? Why do you think that in the second act it has a few leaves? What point was Beckett trying to make, and how do you think it contributed to his overall message?
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you feel you are most like or unlike? Which of your personality characteristics and the personality characteristics of the character you chose support your belief?
Essay Topic 3
Twice, Estragon awakes from a dream. Both times, he tries to tell Vladimir about the dream, but Vladimir refuses to listen. Why do you feel that Vladimir doesn't want to hear Estragon's dreams? What do you think Beckett was trying to say about dreams, and how do you think this contributes to Beckett's story?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)