|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the first act, Estragon and Vladimir decide they should go,
2. After Estragon and Vladimir help Pozzo stand up in Act II, Pozzo asks Estragon and Vladimir if they are friends of his. They tell him
3. Toward the end of the second act, Estragon wakes up and wants to leave the place. Vladimir tells him they can't because they
4. What is the first thing Vladimir suggests Estragon do when he checks on Lucky in Act II?
5. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir talk aimlessly for awhile and have a hard time keeping up the conversation. Vladimir begs Estragon to speak. Finally, Estragon asks what they should do now, and Vladimir tells him they should
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are times that all of us feel as if life is pointless. How did "Waiting for Godot" help you understand that feeling? Did it encourage you because you can see that you are going somewhere in your life, after all, considering what your are doing with your life like going to school and reading plays. Or did it show you that like the characters in the play, you are not doing anything to move your life ahead?
Essay Topic 2
Describe each character by creating a "picture" with words. Concentrate on picking the best words to describe each character. Think of words that show how the characters are both different and similar to each other. In other words, what traits do they share, and what traits are unique to each character?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you feel you are most like or unlike? Which of your personality characteristics and the personality characteristics of the character you chose support your belief?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)