|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act I, Vladimir asks the boy where he sleeps, and the boy tells him that
2. Vladimir asks the boy in Act II if he is the same boy who came yesterday. The boy tells him
3. At the end of the first act, Estragon and Vladimir decide they should go,
4. At the beginning of Act II, Vladimir sings a song about a
5. Estragon and Vladimir continue to discuss Pozzo's helplessness in Act II. Vladimir gets excited about the fact that, for once, they
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Imagine that Godot finally makes his appearance one day. How might he feel about the fact that Estragon and Vladimir had spent so much time waiting for him? What, if anything, might Godot would do for Estragon and Vladimir? If he were to encounter Pozzo and Lucky, would Godot do anything for them even though they had not been waiting for him?
Essay Topic 2
Describe each character by creating a "picture" with words. Concentrate on picking the best words to describe each character. Think of words that show how the characters are both different and similar to each other. In other words, what traits do they share, and what traits are unique to each character?
Essay Topic 3
There are times that all of us feel as if life is pointless. How did "Waiting for Godot" help you understand that feeling? Did it encourage you because you can see that you are going somewhere in your life, after all, considering what your are doing with your life like going to school and reading plays. Or did it show you that like the characters in the play, you are not doing anything to move your life ahead?
This section contains 1,433 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)