Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II, Estragon remembers some of the things that happened the day before including:
2. Finally, toward the end of the play, Vladimir tells Estragon they will hang themselves tomorrow unless
3. Vladimir realizes Estragon has been beaten again and tells him he wouldn't have let "them" beat Estragon because he would
4. Vladimir tells Estragon, at the end of the second act, that if Godot comes,
5. After Estragon and Vladimir help Pozzo stand up in Act II, Pozzo asks Estragon and Vladimir if they are friends of his. They tell him
Which character do you feel you are most like or unlike? Which of your personality characteristics and the personality characteristics of the character you chose support your belief?
Why do you think Beckett created the characters of Pozzo and Lucky the way he did? Do you feel that other characters would have worked better? For instance, Pozzo and Lucky are just as locked in their lives and unable to change as Estragon and Vladimir. Would characters who were happy, contented, and successful made Beckett's message stronger because of the contrast? Why do you feel the way you do?
Does Godot exist? Why do you feel the way you do? Is there any supporting evidence in the play? If you feel that Godot does exist, is Godot God? Why do you feel the way you do?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)