Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II, Estragon remembers some of the things that happened the day before including:
2. Finally, toward the end of the play, Vladimir tells Estragon they will hang themselves tomorrow unless
3. Vladimir realizes Estragon has been beaten again and tells him he wouldn't have let "them" beat Estragon because he would
4. Vladimir tells Estragon, at the end of the second act, that if Godot comes,
5. After Estragon and Vladimir help Pozzo stand up in Act II, Pozzo asks Estragon and Vladimir if they are friends of his. They tell him
Which character do you feel you are most like or unlike? Which of your personality characteristics and the personality characteristics of the character you chose support your belief?
Twice, Estragon awakes from a dream. Both times, he tries to tell Vladimir about the dream, but Vladimir refuses to listen. Why do you feel that Vladimir doesn't want to hear Estragon's dreams? What do you think Beckett was trying to say about dreams, and how do you think this contributes to Beckett's story?
Many lines of dialogue consist of single words or very brief sentences. How does this approach to dialogue affect the mood of the play, and what does it tell you about the characters, especially Estragon and Vladimir?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)