|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Act I is ending, the boy tells Estragon and Vladimir that Mr. Godot will not come to see them today,
2. How many people does Estragon tells Vladimir beat him up?
3. Estragon and Vladimir continue to discuss Pozzo's helplessness in Act II. Vladimir gets excited about the fact that, for once, they
4. The boy tells Vladimir that he has a brother who also works for Godot and minds the
5. Vladimir asks the boy in Act II if he is the same boy who came yesterday. The boy tells him
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are Estragon and Vladimir waiting for Godot? What do you think they want? Why do you think they keep waiting? Imagine you have come across Estragon and Vladimir who have told you they are waiting for Godot. Based on what you know after reading the play, would you wait? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you feel you are most like or unlike? Which of your personality characteristics and the personality characteristics of the character you chose support your belief?
Essay Topic 3
Many lines of dialogue consist of single words or very brief sentences. How does this approach to dialogue affect the mood of the play, and what does it tell you about the characters, especially Estragon and Vladimir?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)