|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Several times during the play, the tree on stage is the subject of conversation. In the first act, Vladimir identifies the tree as a(an)
2. What does Estragon do as soon as his leg feels good enough to walk again in Act 1?
(a) He walks over to Lucky and hugs him again.
(b) He walks over to Lucky and spits on him.
(c) He entertains the others by dancing.
(d) He hugs Vladimir
3. The main characters call each other
(a) Pozzo and Lucky.
(b) Boy and Lucky.
(c) Estragon and Vladimir.
(d) Gogo and Didi.
4. During the first part of Act I, Vladimir keeps looking for something that he doesn't find in what?
(a) The tree.
(b) His hat.
(c) The dirt.
(d) His shoes.
5. During the first act, when Estragon complains because Vladimir woke him up, Vladimir tells Estragon he woke him up because
(a) It was Estragon's turn to keep watch.
(b) He felt lonely.
(c) He just felt like it.
(d) Estragon was snoring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir that you can't drive creatures like Lucky away and that it would be better to
2. When Pozzo asks Estragon what his name is, what name does Estragon give?
3. When Lucky hears Pozzo talking to Estragon and Vladimir about the fair, he starts to
4. In Act I, when Estragon and Vladimir are telling Pozzo about the fact they are waiting for Godot, Pozzo tells them he would be
5. What is the fundamental relationship between Pozzo and Lucky?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vladimir claim he would have stopped Estragon from being beaten by the ten men?
2. After Estragon and Vladimir talk about the tree, Estragon falls asleep. He is abruptly awakened by Vladimir. When he tries to tell Vladimir about a dream he was having, Vladimir is adamant that he not talk about it. Why do you think Vladimir is so vehement in his reaction?
3. In Act II, Pozzo finally decides that he and Lucky must leave. Vladimir asks Pozzo if Lucky can sing for them before he and Lucky leave. What does Pozzo tell Vladimir?
4. Estragon and Vladimir still want to know why Lucky doesn't put done all the parcels. What does Pozzo finally tell them?
5. When Vladimir wakes Estragon up in Act II and he finds Lucky's hat, what does Vladimir suggests they do to pass the time?
6. The set is very bare with the exception of one significant thing. What is it, and why do you think Beckett used this particular thing?
7. What does Pozzo have for dinner and what do Estragon, Vladimir, and Lucky eat?
8. Estragon and Vladimir talk about the tree again in Act II and the possibility of hanging themselves. They realize they need rope. What do they consider as a possible solution, and what is the problem with that?
9. Vladimir asks the boy what Mr. Godot does. How does the boy respond?
10. When Vladimir finds Estragon's boots in Act II, what does Estragon say about the boots?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)