|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Estragon and Vladimir find the hat that Lucky left behind the day before, they
(a) Promise to keep it and give it back to Lucky if he ever comes back.
(b) Try to sell it.
(c) Keep trading and trying on different hats.
(d) Throw it away.
2. Toward the end of the second act, Estragon wakes up and wants to leave the place. Vladimir tells him they can't because they
(a) Are waiting for Godot.
(b) Need to wait for Pozzo and Lucky.
(c) Have no place to go.
(d) Are too tired and hungry to go anywhere.
3. As they are preparing to leave at the end of Act I, Estragon looks at the tree and tells Vladimir that
(a) The tree looks like it might be dying.
(b) They could use the tree for fire wood.
(c) It's too bad they don't have some rope.
(d) It looks like an apple tree.
4. When Pozzo asks Estragon and Vladimir if they are at a place called the Board, Vladimir describes the surroundings, and Pozzo tells him
(a) The Board is a room where people meet to make decisions.
(b) The Board is a place where games are played.
(c) It is the place at the center of town.
(d) This can not be the Board
5. Estragon and Vladimir continue to discuss Pozzo's helplessness in Act II. Vladimir gets excited about the fact that, for once, they
(a) Are needed.
(b) Can ignore the situation without causing a problem.
(c) Have this chance to get back at someone.
(d) Have the upper hand.
6. When Vladimir tries to talk to Estragon about what happened the day before with the tree and Pozzo and Lucky, Estragon tells him
(a) Lucky finally ran away.
(b) He has forgotten everything.
(c) The tree now has leaves.
(d) Pozzo and Lucky have left.
7. What is the first thing Vladimir suggests Estragon do when he checks on Lucky in Act II?
(a) Demand money from Pozzo for doing this task.
(b) Find something to eat while he has the chance.
(c) Go through all the parcels because Pozzo is blind and if Lucky is dead he won't be able to alert Pozzo.
(d) <ake sure he is alive because it isn't worth wasting effort if he's already dead.
8. As the boy is about to leave at the end of Act I, he asks Vladimir what he should tell Mr. Godot. Vladimir tells him to tell Mr. Godot that
(a) They will not wait for him anymore.
(b) They really need to see him.
(c) He saw them.
(d) They will wait at home.
9. What does Pozzo say is in his bag near the end of the play?
10. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir are agitated because someone is coming so they decide to
(a) Hide behind the tree.
(b) Go looking for Godot to save them.
(c) Go find something to eat.
(d) Run far away.
11. Vladimir asks the boy if Mr. Godot has a beard. The boy tells him that he does and that it is
12. When Estragon approaches Lucky in the second act and starts to kick him, he
(a) Hurts his foot.
(b) Breaks Lucky's arm.
(c) Suddenly feels bad for Lucky.
(d) Finishes by beating him up.
13. Vladimir asks Estragon why he keeps coming back to spend time with Vladimir if he is not happy. Estragon tells him
(a) Because they are brothers.
(b) He does not know why.
(c) He has nowhere else to go.
(d) That he found Godot.
14. What does Vladimir ask the boy to tell Mr. Godot on the second day?
(a) That Vladimir and Estragon will wait as long as he wants them to.
(b) That Vladimir and Estragon will wait in a different place tomorrow.
(c) That Vladimir and Estragon are tired of waiting.
(d) That he saw Vladimir.
15. Estragon and Vladimir discuss where they have spent time in the past and mention which two specific places?
(a) Dodge country and Macon country.
(b) Dodge country and Cackon country.
(c) Fairview country and Telfair country.
(d) Macon country and Cackon country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Estragon and Vladimir have an argument in Act II, but decide to converse politely because they can't keep silent because don't want to...
2. Who does Vladimir suggest he and Estragon pretend to be or fun in Act II?
3. The boy claims to work or Mr. Godot by minding the
4. How is the tree different in Act II?
5. After he wakes up from his nightmare, Estragon gets irritated because Vladimir won't stop
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)