|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he wakes up from his nightmare, Estragon gets irritated because Vladimir won't stop
(b) Laughing at him.
(c) Moving and walking.
2. The boy claims to work or Mr. Godot by minding the
3. At the end of Act I, Vladimir asks the boy where he sleeps, and the boy tells him that
(a) He and his brother sleep on the floor in the servant's house.
(b) He sleeps in a bed in the house.
(c) He sleeps alone in the hay in the loft.
(d) He and his brother sleep in the hay in the loft.
4. Vladimir realizes Estragon has been beaten again and tells him he wouldn't have let "them" beat Estragon because he would
(a) Ask Godot to help Estragon.
(b) Help Estragon run away so he wouldn't get beaten.
(c) Stop Estragon from doing whatever he did to receive the beating.
(d) Beat up all of the people who beat Estragon.
5. Finally, toward the end of the play, Vladimir tells Estragon they will hang themselves tomorrow unless
(a) They find enough money to live better.
(b) Godot comes.
(c) The boy comes back.
(d) Lucky and Pozzo come back.
6. Estragon and Vladimir continue to discuss Pozzo's helplessness in Act II. Vladimir gets excited about the fact that, for once, they
(a) Have the upper hand.
(b) Can ignore the situation without causing a problem.
(c) Are needed.
(d) Have this chance to get back at someone.
7. The boy tells Vladimir that he has a brother who also works for Godot and minds the
8. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir talk about the tree and the fact that it
(a) Has been chopped down.
(b) Was bare yesterday, but now has some fruit.
(c) Had leaves yesterday, but now they are all gone.
(d) Was bare yesterday, but now has some leaves.
9. As they are preparing to leave at the end of Act I, Estragon looks at the tree and tells Vladimir that
(a) The tree looks like it might be dying.
(b) It looks like an apple tree.
(c) They could use the tree for fire wood.
(d) It's too bad they don't have some rope.
10. In Act I, Vladimir asks the boy if he has been where they are before. The boy replies that
(a) He has been there many times.
(b) He is lost and needs directions.
(c) This is his first time.
(d) He needs their help.
11. When Estragon tells Vladimir why he is going to go without shoes, Vladimir asks him if he is going to
(a) Buy a new pair of shoes.
(b) Compare himself to Christ.
(c) Read the Bible.
(d) Ever wear shoes again.
12. Vladimir asks Pozzo if he can ask Lucky to sing or recite before they leave near the end of the play. Pozzo tells him
(a) Lucky will be happy to recite again.
(b) That Lucky is dumb and cannot sing or recite.
(c) Lucky will be happy to sing.
(d) That this time, Lucky will ask for money before he will recite.
13. When Estragon says he doesn't know why he was beaten at the beginning of Act II, Vladimir tells him
(a) It isn't just what you do but the way you do it that matters.
(b) He must have been trespassing.
(c) He must have been doing something wrong.
(d) Godot will make sure it doesn't happen again.
14. Estragon falls asleep again in Act II, and, again, Vladimir wakes him up. Estragon asks Vladimir
(a) To find him some food for dinner.
(b) If Godot has come.
(c) To quit bothering him and take a nap, too.
(d) Why he won't let him sleep.
15. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir are agitated because someone is coming so they decide to
(a) Hide behind the tree.
(b) Go find something to eat.
(c) Run far away.
(d) Go looking for Godot to save them.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Vladimir tries to talk to Estragon about what happened the day before with the tree and Pozzo and Lucky, Estragon tells him
2. Estragon hurts himself while kicking Lucky in the second act, and he
3. Estragon remembers some of the things that happened to him the day before, but he can't remember all of the pieces of the puzzle. Vladimir tries to remind him that
4. Throughout the dialogue in Act II, Estragon and Vladimir are doing their best to keep talking so they don't
5. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir discuss how to handle Pozzo, but they are concerned because
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)