|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the boy tell Estragon and Vladimir that Mr. Godot beats?
(a) The boy's mother.
(b) The boy's brother.
(d) The other boy who minds the cows.
2. Vladimir tells Estragon, at the end of the second act, that if Godot comes,
(a) They will be wealthy.
(b) They will tell him it was rude of him not to come before.
(c) He will cut down the tree.
(d) They will be saved.
3. Who does the boy ask for in Act 1?
(a) Something to eat.
(b) A place to sleep.
(c) A job.
(d) Mr. Albert.
4. Vladimir asks the boy in Act II if he is the same boy who came yesterday. The boy tells him
(a) He is not and has never been there.
(b) He doesn't know what he is talking about.
(c) He is the same boy.
(d) He has never heard of Mr. Godot.
5. In Act I, Vladimir asks the boy if he has been where they are before. The boy replies that
(a) This is his first time.
(b) He needs their help.
(c) He has been there many times.
(d) He is lost and needs directions.
6. In Act II, Estragon remembers some of the things that happened the day before including:
(a) Going into the town and buying some food.
(b) Being kicked by someone and being given a bone.
(c) Losing his boots.
(d) Sleeping under the tree.
7. When they finally decide no one is coming after they think they hear something in Act II, Vladimir tells Estragon he must
(a) Find Godot immediately.
(b) Leave for good.
(c) Go find something to eat for them.
(d) Have had a vision.
8. What does Pozzo say is in his bag near the end of the play?
9. At the end of the play, when Vladimir and Estragon decide to leave, where do they go?
(a) They search for the closest town.
(b) They go west.
(c) They do not move.
(d) They go east.
10. What does Vladimir ask the boy to tell Mr. Godot on the second day?
(a) That Vladimir and Estragon will wait in a different place tomorrow.
(b) That he saw Vladimir.
(c) That Vladimir and Estragon are tired of waiting.
(d) That Vladimir and Estragon will wait as long as he wants them to.
11. In Act II, Vladimir tells Estragon that if he will help him pick up Pozzo, they will go together to
(a) The beaches.
(b) Find Godot.
(c) The Pyrenees.
(d) Find food for dinner.
12. What is different about Pozzo and Lucky when they return the next day?
(a) Pozzo is blind and Lucky is mute.
(b) Lucky is the landowner and Pozzo is his beaten servant.
(c) Pozzo is blind and Lucky has the whip to beat him.
(d) Pozzo can't walk and Lucky has to carry him.
13. After Pozzo and Lucky leave in Act II, Vladimir wonders if Pozzo
(a) Was playing a trick on them.
(b) Was still going to sell Lucky.
(c) Was really blind.
(d) Had hurt Lucky.
14. What is Estragon's reply when Vladimir tells him he cannot go barefoot in Act 1?
(a) Estragon says he can because Christ did.
(b) Estragon argued that it will only be for one night.
(c) Estragon reminds Vladimir that he always goes barefoot.
(d) Estragon promises to buy another pair of boots soon.
15. Vladimir asks the boy if he is unhappy and, just as Act I is ending, the boy tells him that he
(a) Doesn't know if he is unhappy or not.
(b) Is very happy.
(c) Is very unhappy.
(d) Doesn't care if he is unhappy or happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. After he wakes up from his nightmare, Estragon gets irritated because Vladimir won't stop
2. When Estragon and Vladimir realize that Pozzo is at their mercy in the second act, they
3. What is the first thing Vladimir suggests Estragon do when he checks on Lucky in Act II?
4. Considering the possibility that they might have trouble hanging themselves, Estragon says that Vladimir could hang onto his legs. Vladimir asks him
5. In the dialogue at the beginning of Act II, Vladimir talks Estragon into saying he is happy. Once Estragon makes the statement that he is happy, he asks Vladimir about what they should do now. Vladimir tells him they should
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)