|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about Pozzo and Lucky when they return the next day?
(a) Pozzo is blind and Lucky is mute.
(b) Lucky is the landowner and Pozzo is his beaten servant.
(c) Pozzo is blind and Lucky has the whip to beat him.
(d) Pozzo can't walk and Lucky has to carry him.
2. When he arrives for the second time, who does the boy refer to Vladimir as?
(a) Mr. Rogers.
(b) Mr. Albert.
(c) Mr. Smith.
(d) Mr. Jones.
3. Who does the boy ask for in Act 1?
(a) A place to sleep.
(b) Mr. Albert.
(c) A job.
(d) Something to eat.
4. Upon his return, Pozzo wants to know if Estragon and Vladimir are
(d) Park rangers.
5. What reasoning does Pozzo give Vladimir for the change in Lucky in Act II?
(a) He does not offer a reason.
(b) Nothing, he tell Vladimir to leave them alone and stop asking stupid questions.
(c) He says it happened one day just like he became blind one day.
(d) He says Lucky was beaten.
6. Estragon remembers some of the things that happened to him the day before, but he can't remember all of the pieces of the puzzle. Vladimir tries to remind him that
(a) He fell and found some bones buried under the tree.
(b) Someone beat him and threw old chicken bones at him.
(c) He was kicked by a mule and had leftover bones from his chicken.
(d) Lucky kicked him and Pozzo gave him the chicken bones.
7. At the end of the play, when Vladimir and Estragon decide to leave, where do they go?
(a) They go east.
(b) They do not move.
(c) They go west.
(d) They search for the closest town.
8. What is the first thing Vladimir suggests Estragon do when he checks on Lucky in Act II?
(a) Demand money from Pozzo for doing this task.
(b) Find something to eat while he has the chance.
(c) <ake sure he is alive because it isn't worth wasting effort if he's already dead.
(d) Go through all the parcels because Pozzo is blind and if Lucky is dead he won't be able to alert Pozzo.
9. When Estragon approaches Lucky in the second act and starts to kick him, he
(a) Hurts his foot.
(b) Suddenly feels bad for Lucky.
(c) Finishes by beating him up.
(d) Breaks Lucky's arm.
10. As Pozzo and Lucky are leaving near the end of the play, Vladimir asks Pozzo what they do when they fall down and there is no one to help them. Pozzo tells him
(a) They wait until they can get up.
(b) They pay someone to pick them up.
(c) They take the opportunity to take a nap.
(d) They beg for help until someone takes pity on them.
11. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir can find nothing that will work as a rope if they want to hang themselves, and they decide that tomorrow they will
(a) Cut the tree down anyway.
(b) Bring a good piece of rope.
(c) Find Pozzo and take his rope.
(d) Find another way to do themselves in.
12. Estragon and Vladimir discuss where they have spent time in the past and mention which two specific places?
(a) Dodge country and Macon country.
(b) Dodge country and Cackon country.
(c) Macon country and Cackon country.
(d) Fairview country and Telfair country.
13. At the end of Act I, Estragon says he is unhappy. Vladimir asks him since when. Estragon tells him he
(a) Has always been unhappy.
(b) Just realized that he was unhappy.
(c) Has forgotten.
(d) Likes being unhappy.
14. As Act I is ending, the boy tells Estragon and Vladimir that Mr. Godot will not come to see them today,
(a) And he will not be able to come to see them for some weeks.
(b) But he will surely come tomorrow.
(c) Because he has no intention of ever coming.
(d) Because he has already seen them.
15. In Act II, Vladimir asks the boy what Mr. Godot does. The boy tells him that Mr. Godot
(a) Owns race horses.
(b) Does nothing.
(c) Is a physician.
(d) Does philanthropic work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Estragon falls asleep again in Act II, and, again, Vladimir wakes him up. Estragon asks Vladimir
2. Estragon gets excited because when Pozzo returns the next day, he thinks Pozzo
3. Estragon and Vladimir have an argument in Act II, but decide to converse politely because they can't keep silent because don't want to...
4. What does Vladimir ask the boy to tell Mr. Godot on the second day?
5. When Pozzo asks Estragon and Vladimir if they are at a place called the Board, Vladimir describes the surroundings, and Pozzo tells him
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)