|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Estragon and Vladimir continue to discuss Pozzo's helplessness in Act II. Vladimir gets excited about the fact that, for once, they
(a) Have this chance to get back at someone.
(b) Have the upper hand.
(c) Can ignore the situation without causing a problem.
(d) Are needed.
2. What is the first thing Vladimir suggests Estragon do when he checks on Lucky in Act II?
(a) Demand money from Pozzo for doing this task.
(b) <ake sure he is alive because it isn't worth wasting effort if he's already dead.
(c) Go through all the parcels because Pozzo is blind and if Lucky is dead he won't be able to alert Pozzo.
(d) Find something to eat while he has the chance.
3. Vladimir realizes Estragon has been beaten again and tells him he wouldn't have let "them" beat Estragon because he would
(a) Help Estragon run away so he wouldn't get beaten.
(b) Beat up all of the people who beat Estragon.
(c) Stop Estragon from doing whatever he did to receive the beating.
(d) Ask Godot to help Estragon.
4. After talking about leaving in the second act, Estragon finally does leave but comes back immediately because
(a) "They" are coming.
(b) He is lonely for Vladimir.
(c) He is hungry.
(d) He found Godot.
5. When Estragon tells Vladimir why he is going to go without shoes, Vladimir asks him if he is going to
(a) Read the Bible.
(b) Ever wear shoes again.
(c) Buy a new pair of shoes.
(d) Compare himself to Christ.
6. What does Pozzo say is in his bag near the end of the play?
7. When Pozzo and Lucky meet Estragon and Vladimir the next day, Pozzo tells them that he woke up one day finding everything had changed and that he sometimes wonders if he isn't
(a) Losing his mind.
(b) Still asleep.
(c) Getting very old
(d) Afraid to see.
8. Estragon tells Vladimir he threw his boots away the day before. Vladimir shows him his boots. Estragon
(a) Thanks him and puts his boots back on.
(b) Tells him they are not his boots because his were black and these are brown.
(c) Gives the boots to Vladimir.
(d) Throws the boots away again because they hurt him.
9. Estragon and Vladimir discuss where they have spent time in the past and mention which two specific places?
(a) Macon country and Cackon country.
(b) Dodge country and Cackon country.
(c) Dodge country and Macon country.
(d) Fairview country and Telfair country.
10. Estragon and Vladimir agree that they work well as a team so, in Act II, they decide to work together to
(a) Put the boots they found on Estragon.
(b) Cut the tree down for firewood.
(c) Find food because they are hungry.
(d) Clean up the area.
11. The boy claims to work or Mr. Godot by minding the
12. How is the tree different in Act II?
(a) It has lost most of its branches.
(b) It has a few leaves.
(c) It has been chopped down.
(d) It is full of leaves and fruit.
13. How many people does Estragon tells Vladimir beat him up?
14. Vladimir is glad that Lucky and Pozzo return in Act II because now they will have help
(a) Someone to watch out while they sleep.
(b) Chopping down the tree for firewood.
(c) Waiting for Godot.
(d) Finding something to eat.
15. Estragon remembers some of the things that happened to him the day before, but he can't remember all of the pieces of the puzzle. Vladimir tries to remind him that
(a) Someone beat him and threw old chicken bones at him.
(b) He was kicked by a mule and had leftover bones from his chicken.
(c) He fell and found some bones buried under the tree.
(d) Lucky kicked him and Pozzo gave him the chicken bones.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Estragon wakes up in Act II, disoriented by a nightmare, Vladimir
2. As they are preparing to leave at the end of Act I, Estragon looks at the tree and tells Vladimir that
3. When he arrives for the second time, who does the boy refer to Vladimir as?
4. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir talk aimlessly for awhile and have a hard time keeping up the conversation. Vladimir begs Estragon to speak. Finally, Estragon asks what they should do now, and Vladimir tells him they should
5. In Act II, Vladimir tells Estragon that he woke him up
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)