|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pozzo asks Estragon and Vladimir if they are at a place called the Board, Vladimir describes the surroundings, and Pozzo tells him
(a) This can not be the Board
(b) The Board is a room where people meet to make decisions.
(c) The Board is a place where games are played.
(d) It is the place at the center of town.
2. As Act I is ending, the boy tells Estragon and Vladimir that Mr. Godot will not come to see them today,
(a) And he will not be able to come to see them for some weeks.
(b) Because he has no intention of ever coming.
(c) Because he has already seen them.
(d) But he will surely come tomorrow.
3. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir can find nothing that will work as a rope if they want to hang themselves, and they decide that tomorrow they will
(a) Bring a good piece of rope.
(b) Find Pozzo and take his rope.
(c) Find another way to do themselves in.
(d) Cut the tree down anyway.
4. After Estragon and Vladimir help Pozzo stand up in Act II, Pozzo asks Estragon and Vladimir if they are friends of his. They tell him
(a) They are going to take Pozzo and Lucky to their house.
(b) They are going to take his food.
(c) They are going to help Lucky escape.
(d) They are, otherwise they wouldn't have helped him.
5. What does Estragon say he was dreaming of when Vladimir woke him up in Act II?
(a) That he was happy.
(b) About having all the food he wanted.
(c) That Godot had come and taken care of them.
(d) That the tree was gone.
6. Vladimir asks the boy if he is unhappy and, just as Act I is ending, the boy tells him that he
(a) Doesn't care if he is unhappy or happy.
(b) Is very unhappy.
(c) Doesn't know if he is unhappy or not.
(d) Is very happy.
7. What is the first thing Vladimir suggests Estragon do when he checks on Lucky in Act II?
(a) <ake sure he is alive because it isn't worth wasting effort if he's already dead.
(b) Demand money from Pozzo for doing this task.
(c) Find something to eat while he has the chance.
(d) Go through all the parcels because Pozzo is blind and if Lucky is dead he won't be able to alert Pozzo.
8. In Act II, Vladimir tells Estragon that he woke him up
(a) Because he was lonely.
(b) Because he thought Estragon was rude to go to sleep.
(c) To tell him that Godot had arrived.
(d) Because dinner was ready.
9. As they are preparing to leave at the end of Act I, Estragon looks at the tree and tells Vladimir that
(a) It looks like an apple tree.
(b) They could use the tree for fire wood.
(c) The tree looks like it might be dying.
(d) It's too bad they don't have some rope.
10. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir talk aimlessly for awhile and have a hard time keeping up the conversation. Vladimir begs Estragon to speak. Finally, Estragon asks what they should do now, and Vladimir tells him they should
(a) Get something to eat.
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Go find Godot.
(d) Wait for Godot.
11. The last thing that Vladimir tells Estragon to do is
(a) Pull up his pants.
(b) Pull down his pants.
(c) Put his shoes on.
(d) Tie his shoes.
12. How is the tree different in Act II?
(a) It is full of leaves and fruit.
(b) It has lost most of its branches.
(c) It has been chopped down.
(d) It has a few leaves.
13. Estragon and Vladimir continue to discuss Pozzo's helplessness in Act II. Vladimir gets excited about the fact that, for once, they
(a) Have this chance to get back at someone.
(b) Have the upper hand.
(c) Can ignore the situation without causing a problem.
(d) Are needed.
14. Vladimir tries to clarify that he and Estragon met Pozzo and Lucky yesterday. Pozzo tells him he doesn't remember meeting them yesterday and that tomorrow
(a) He will remember meeting them.
(b) He won't be coming back, so it doesn't matter.
(c) They will all meet Godot.
(d) He won't remember meeting them today.
15. Estragon remembers some of the things that happened to him the day before, but he can't remember all of the pieces of the puzzle. Vladimir tries to remind him that
(a) He was kicked by a mule and had leftover bones from his chicken.
(b) Someone beat him and threw old chicken bones at him.
(c) Lucky kicked him and Pozzo gave him the chicken bones.
(d) He fell and found some bones buried under the tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vladimir greets Estragon at the beginning of Act II and wants to embrace him. Estragon tells Vladimir not to
2. Who does Vladimir suggest he and Estragon pretend to be or fun in Act II?
3. When Estragon says he doesn't know why he was beaten at the beginning of Act II, Vladimir tells him
4. After Pozzo and Lucky leave in Act II, Vladimir wonders if Pozzo
5. Vladimir asks the boy if Mr. Godot has a beard. The boy tells him that he does and that it is
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)