|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Estragon tells Vladimir why he is going to go without shoes, Vladimir asks him if he is going to
(a) Ever wear shoes again.
(b) Buy a new pair of shoes.
(c) Compare himself to Christ.
(d) Read the Bible.
2. Estragon gets excited because when Pozzo returns the next day, he thinks Pozzo
(a) Tells them they can wait for Godot at his home.
(b) Has brought them all dinner.
(c) Has brought Godot.
(d) Is actually Godot.
3. As Act I is ending, the boy tells Estragon and Vladimir that Mr. Godot will not come to see them today,
(a) And he will not be able to come to see them for some weeks.
(b) But he will surely come tomorrow.
(c) Because he has no intention of ever coming.
(d) Because he has already seen them.
4. After Estragon and Vladimir help Pozzo stand up in Act II, Pozzo asks Estragon and Vladimir if they are friends of his. They tell him
(a) They are going to help Lucky escape.
(b) They are going to take his food.
(c) They are, otherwise they wouldn't have helped him.
(d) They are going to take Pozzo and Lucky to their house.
5. Vladimir asks the boy in Act II if he is the same boy who came yesterday. The boy tells him
(a) He is not and has never been there.
(b) He is the same boy.
(c) He has never heard of Mr. Godot.
(d) He doesn't know what he is talking about.
6. Vladimir asks Pozzo if he can ask Lucky to sing or recite before they leave near the end of the play. Pozzo tells him
(a) Lucky will be happy to recite again.
(b) Lucky will be happy to sing.
(c) That Lucky is dumb and cannot sing or recite.
(d) That this time, Lucky will ask for money before he will recite.
7. Finally, toward the end of the play, Vladimir tells Estragon they will hang themselves tomorrow unless
(a) They find enough money to live better.
(b) The boy comes back.
(c) Lucky and Pozzo come back.
(d) Godot comes.
8. When Estragon and Vladimir realize that Pozzo is at their mercy in the second act, they
(a) Decide to take advantage of the situation.
(b) Tell Lucky to take the whip and punish Pozzo.
(c) Punish him because he was cruel to Lucky.
(d) Leave him alone.
9. Estragon and Vladimir talk about what time it is in the middle of the second act. Pozzo keeps begging them to tell him if it is
(b) Time for him to leave.
(c) Going to rain.
(d) Time to go to sleep.
10. What is Estragon's reply when Vladimir tells him he cannot go barefoot in Act 1?
(a) Estragon reminds Vladimir that he always goes barefoot.
(b) Estragon says he can because Christ did.
(c) Estragon promises to buy another pair of boots soon.
(d) Estragon argued that it will only be for one night.
11. At the beginning of Act II, Vladimir sings a song about a
12. Estragon and Vladimir have an argument in Act II, but decide to converse politely because they can't keep silent because don't want to...
(a) Stay bored.
(b) Keep falling asleep.
(c) Listen to the wind.
(d) Think and hear.
13. Estragon hurts himself while kicking Lucky in the second act, and he
(a) Realizes he shouldn't have kicked Lucky.
(b) Kicks him even harder.
(c) Blames Lucky for his misfortune.
(d) Picks him up and knocks him down again.
14. Toward the end of the second act, Estragon wakes up and wants to leave the place. Vladimir tells him they can't because they
(a) Are too tired and hungry to go anywhere.
(b) Need to wait for Pozzo and Lucky.
(c) Have no place to go.
(d) Are waiting for Godot.
15. Estragon falls asleep again in Act II, and, again, Vladimir wakes him up. Estragon asks Vladimir
(a) If Godot has come.
(b) Why he won't let him sleep.
(c) To quit bothering him and take a nap, too.
(d) To find him some food for dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II, Vladimir gives Estragon a radish,
2. The boy claims to work or Mr. Godot by minding the
3. Estragon remembers some of the things that happened to him the day before, but he can't remember all of the pieces of the puzzle. Vladimir tries to remind him that
4. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir are agitated because someone is coming so they decide to
5. In Act II, Vladimir tells Estragon that he woke him up
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)