|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vladimir is glad that Lucky and Pozzo return in Act II because now they will have help
(a) Waiting for Godot.
(b) Someone to watch out while they sleep.
(c) Chopping down the tree for firewood.
(d) Finding something to eat.
2. As the boy is about to leave at the end of Act I, he asks Vladimir what he should tell Mr. Godot. Vladimir tells him to tell Mr. Godot that
(a) He saw them.
(b) They really need to see him.
(c) They will not wait for him anymore.
(d) They will wait at home.
3. Estragon and Vladimir continue to discuss Pozzo's helplessness in Act II. Vladimir gets excited about the fact that, for once, they
(a) Have the upper hand.
(b) Can ignore the situation without causing a problem.
(c) Are needed.
(d) Have this chance to get back at someone.
4. When Vladimir tells Estragon he is happy in Act II, how does Estragon react?
(a) He says he is happy too.
(b) He is hurt.
(c) He is shocked.
(d) He is sad.
5. What does Vladimir ask the boy to tell Mr. Godot on the second day?
(a) That Vladimir and Estragon are tired of waiting.
(b) That Vladimir and Estragon will wait as long as he wants them to.
(c) That he saw Vladimir.
(d) That Vladimir and Estragon will wait in a different place tomorrow.
6. For the second time in the play, Estragon and Vladimir talk about hanging themselves on the tree, but they can't because they
(a) Should go to sleep instead.
(b) Don't have any rope.
(c) Had cut down the tree.
(d) Need to wait for Godot.
7. How many people does Estragon tells Vladimir beat him up?
8. Vladimir asks the boy if he is unhappy and, just as Act I is ending, the boy tells him that he
(a) Doesn't know if he is unhappy or not.
(b) Is very unhappy.
(c) Doesn't care if he is unhappy or happy.
(d) Is very happy.
9. When Pozzo and Lucky meet Estragon and Vladimir the next day, Pozzo tells them that he woke up one day finding everything had changed and that he sometimes wonders if he isn't
(a) Getting very old
(b) Still asleep.
(c) Afraid to see.
(d) Losing his mind.
10. After Estragon and Vladimir help Pozzo stand up in Act II, Pozzo asks Estragon and Vladimir if they are friends of his. They tell him
(a) They are going to take his food.
(b) They are going to take Pozzo and Lucky to their house.
(c) They are, otherwise they wouldn't have helped him.
(d) They are going to help Lucky escape.
11. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir discuss how to handle Pozzo, but they are concerned because
(a) They are afraid Pozzo is too strong for them.
(b) They are afraid Pozzo will be able to hit them with the whip.
(c) They are afraid Pozzo and Lucky are trying to trick them.
(d) They are afraid of Lucky and his potential for violence.
12. At the end of Act I, Estragon says he is unhappy. Vladimir asks him since when. Estragon tells him he
(a) Has always been unhappy.
(b) Has forgotten.
(c) Likes being unhappy.
(d) Just realized that he was unhappy.
13. Toward the end of the second act, Estragon wakes up and wants to leave the place. Vladimir tells him they can't because they
(a) Have no place to go.
(b) Need to wait for Pozzo and Lucky.
(c) Are too tired and hungry to go anywhere.
(d) Are waiting for Godot.
14. In Act I, Estragon and Vladimir ask the boy why he is so late in coming. The boy tells them he has been waiting because he was
(a) Finishing his dinner.
(b) Afraid of the whip, the roars, and the two big men.
(c) Afraid they would hit him.
(d) Tired and needed to take a nap.
15. When Pozzo asks Estragon and Vladimir if they are at a place called the Board, Vladimir describes the surroundings, and Pozzo tells him
(a) The Board is a room where people meet to make decisions.
(b) It is the place at the center of town.
(c) The Board is a place where games are played.
(d) This can not be the Board
Short Answer Questions
1. When Estragon wakes up in Act II, disoriented by a nightmare, Vladimir
2. Estragon gets excited because when Pozzo returns the next day, he thinks Pozzo
3. Toward the end of the first act, Estragon wonders if he and Vladimir
4. After talking about leaving in the second act, Estragon finally does leave but comes back immediately because
5. Vladimir asks Estragon why he keeps coming back to spend time with Vladimir if he is not happy. Estragon tells him
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)