|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Estragon say he was dreaming of when Vladimir woke him up in Act II?
(a) That he was happy.
(b) That Godot had come and taken care of them.
(c) That the tree was gone.
(d) About having all the food he wanted.
2. Estragon realizes it is too late for Godot to come by the end of the second day. Vladimir agrees because it is
(a) Time to sleep.
3. How many people does Estragon tells Vladimir beat him up?
4. When Estragon comments that his boots are too big in Act II, Vladimir tells him that perhaps, someday, he will
(a) Find his old boots.
(b) Decide to wear different kinds of shoes.
(c) Get new boots that fit.
(d) Have a pair of socks.
5. What is Estragon's reply when Vladimir tells him he cannot go barefoot in Act 1?
(a) Estragon reminds Vladimir that he always goes barefoot.
(b) Estragon argued that it will only be for one night.
(c) Estragon promises to buy another pair of boots soon.
(d) Estragon says he can because Christ did.
6. Vladimir asks the boy if Mr. Godot has a beard. The boy tells him that he does and that it is
7. When they finally decide no one is coming after they think they hear something in Act II, Vladimir tells Estragon he must
(a) Go find something to eat for them.
(b) Find Godot immediately.
(c) Have had a vision.
(d) Leave for good.
8. When Pozzo asks Estragon and Vladimir if they are at a place called the Board, Vladimir describes the surroundings, and Pozzo tells him
(a) The Board is a room where people meet to make decisions.
(b) This can not be the Board
(c) The Board is a place where games are played.
(d) It is the place at the center of town.
9. In the dialogue at the beginning of Act II, Vladimir talks Estragon into saying he is happy. Once Estragon makes the statement that he is happy, he asks Vladimir about what they should do now. Vladimir tells him they should
(a) Go get something to eat.
(b) Buy Estragon some new boots.
(c) Go take a shower.
(d) Wait for Godot.
10. Estragon gets excited because when Pozzo returns the next day, he thinks Pozzo
(a) Tells them they can wait for Godot at his home.
(b) Is actually Godot.
(c) Has brought Godot.
(d) Has brought them all dinner.
11. Toward the end of the second act, Estragon wakes up and wants to leave the place. Vladimir tells him they can't because they
(a) Have no place to go.
(b) Are waiting for Godot.
(c) Need to wait for Pozzo and Lucky.
(d) Are too tired and hungry to go anywhere.
12. When Estragon says he doesn't know why he was beaten at the beginning of Act II, Vladimir tells him
(a) He must have been doing something wrong.
(b) It isn't just what you do but the way you do it that matters.
(c) He must have been trespassing.
(d) Godot will make sure it doesn't happen again.
13. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir can find nothing that will work as a rope if they want to hang themselves, and they decide that tomorrow they will
(a) Find Pozzo and take his rope.
(b) Find another way to do themselves in.
(c) Cut the tree down anyway.
(d) Bring a good piece of rope.
14. When Estragon wakes up in Act II, disoriented by a nightmare, Vladimir
(a) Gets irriated and tells him to grow up.
(b) Laughs at him and tells him he's childish.
(c) Comforts him and trys to calm him.
(d) Pays no attention.
15. What does the boy tell Vladimir about Mr. Godot on the second day?
(a) That Mr. Godot will not ever come.
(b) That Mr. Godot will see them later that evening.
(c) That Mr. Godot can not come tonight but will come tomorrow without fail.
(d) That he no longer works for Mr. Godot and has no message.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Pozzo and Lucky leave in Act II, Vladimir wonders if Pozzo
2. In Act I, Vladimir asks the boy if he has been where they are before. The boy replies that
3. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir talk aimlessly for awhile and have a hard time keeping up the conversation. Vladimir begs Estragon to speak. Finally, Estragon asks what they should do now, and Vladimir tells him they should
4. The boy tells Vladimir that he has a brother who also works for Godot and minds the
5. What does Pozzo say is in his bag near the end of the play?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)