|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the tree different in Act II?
(a) It is full of leaves and fruit.
(b) It has been chopped down.
(c) It has lost most of its branches.
(d) It has a few leaves.
2. The second time the boy messenger comes, when Vladimir asks the boy about his brother, the boy says his brother is
(b) Away on a long trip.
(d) No longer working for Mr. Godot.
3. Vladimir asks Estragon why he keeps coming back to spend time with Vladimir if he is not happy. Estragon tells him
(a) He has nowhere else to go.
(b) That he found Godot.
(c) He does not know why.
(d) Because they are brothers.
4. Vladimir tries to clarify that he and Estragon met Pozzo and Lucky yesterday. Pozzo tells him he doesn't remember meeting them yesterday and that tomorrow
(a) He won't remember meeting them today.
(b) They will all meet Godot.
(c) He will remember meeting them.
(d) He won't be coming back, so it doesn't matter.
5. After he wakes up from his nightmare, Estragon gets irritated because Vladimir won't stop
(b) Laughing at him.
(d) Moving and walking.
6. Vladimir realizes Estragon has been beaten again and tells him he wouldn't have let "them" beat Estragon because he would
(a) Beat up all of the people who beat Estragon.
(b) Stop Estragon from doing whatever he did to receive the beating.
(c) Help Estragon run away so he wouldn't get beaten.
(d) Ask Godot to help Estragon.
7. When he arrives for the second time, who does the boy refer to Vladimir as?
(a) Mr. Albert.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mr. Rogers.
(d) Mr. Jones.
8. Estragon tells Vladimir he threw his boots away the day before. Vladimir shows him his boots. Estragon
(a) Throws the boots away again because they hurt him.
(b) Tells him they are not his boots because his were black and these are brown.
(c) Gives the boots to Vladimir.
(d) Thanks him and puts his boots back on.
9. Estragon and Vladimir have an argument in Act II, but decide to converse politely because they can't keep silent because don't want to...
(a) Keep falling asleep.
(b) Stay bored.
(c) Think and hear.
(d) Listen to the wind.
10. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir talk aimlessly for awhile and have a hard time keeping up the conversation. Vladimir begs Estragon to speak. Finally, Estragon asks what they should do now, and Vladimir tells him they should
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Go find Godot.
(c) Wait for Godot.
(d) Get something to eat.
11. As Pozzo and Lucky are leaving near the end of the play, Vladimir asks Pozzo what they do when they fall down and there is no one to help them. Pozzo tells him
(a) They pay someone to pick them up.
(b) They wait until they can get up.
(c) They beg for help until someone takes pity on them.
(d) They take the opportunity to take a nap.
12. When Pozzo asks Estragon and Vladimir if they are at a place called the Board, Vladimir describes the surroundings, and Pozzo tells him
(a) The Board is a place where games are played.
(b) It is the place at the center of town.
(c) The Board is a room where people meet to make decisions.
(d) This can not be the Board
13. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir are agitated because someone is coming so they decide to
(a) Run far away.
(b) Go find something to eat.
(c) Go looking for Godot to save them.
(d) Hide behind the tree.
14. In Act II, Vladimir gives Estragon a radish,
(a) But Estragon does not want it because it is blackand he only likes pink radishes.
(b) But Estragon gives it back to him and tells him he is not hungry.
(c) And Estragon thanks him and eats it quickly.
(d) But does not want it because he doesn't like radishes.
15. In the dialogue at the beginning of Act II, Vladimir talks Estragon into saying he is happy. Once Estragon makes the statement that he is happy, he asks Vladimir about what they should do now. Vladimir tells him they should
(a) Buy Estragon some new boots.
(b) Go get something to eat.
(c) Go take a shower.
(d) Wait for Godot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vladimir asks the boy if he is unhappy and, just as Act I is ending, the boy tells him that he
2. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir discuss how to handle Pozzo, but they are concerned because
3. When Estragon approaches Lucky in the second act and starts to kick him, he
4. At the end of Act I, Vladimir asks the boy where he sleeps, and the boy tells him that
5. As they are preparing to leave at the end of Act I, Estragon looks at the tree and tells Vladimir that
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)