|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Estragon and Vladimir help Pozzo stand up in Act II, Pozzo asks Estragon and Vladimir if they are friends of his. They tell him
(a) They are going to help Lucky escape.
(b) They are going to take his food.
(c) They are, otherwise they wouldn't have helped him.
(d) They are going to take Pozzo and Lucky to their house.
2. Finally, toward the end of the play, Vladimir tells Estragon they will hang themselves tomorrow unless
(a) Lucky and Pozzo come back.
(b) Godot comes.
(c) They find enough money to live better.
(d) The boy comes back.
3. Vladimir asks the boy in Act II if he is the same boy who came yesterday. The boy tells him
(a) He doesn't know what he is talking about.
(b) He is the same boy.
(c) He has never heard of Mr. Godot.
(d) He is not and has never been there.
4. As Act I is ending, the boy tells Estragon and Vladimir that Mr. Godot will not come to see them today,
(a) Because he has no intention of ever coming.
(b) But he will surely come tomorrow.
(c) Because he has already seen them.
(d) And he will not be able to come to see them for some weeks.
5. When Estragon wakes up in Act II, disoriented by a nightmare, Vladimir
(a) Laughs at him and tells him he's childish.
(b) Comforts him and trys to calm him.
(c) Gets irriated and tells him to grow up.
(d) Pays no attention.
6. The boy claims to work or Mr. Godot by minding the
7. What does Vladimir ask the boy to tell Mr. Godot on the second day?
(a) That Vladimir and Estragon are tired of waiting.
(b) That Vladimir and Estragon will wait in a different place tomorrow.
(c) That Vladimir and Estragon will wait as long as he wants them to.
(d) That he saw Vladimir.
8. In Act I, Estragon and Vladimir ask the boy why he is so late in coming. The boy tells them he has been waiting because he was
(a) Finishing his dinner.
(b) Tired and needed to take a nap.
(c) Afraid they would hit him.
(d) Afraid of the whip, the roars, and the two big men.
9. Vladimir greets Estragon at the beginning of Act II and wants to embrace him. Estragon tells Vladimir not to
(a) Embrace him.
(b) Leave him.
(c) Come near him.
(d) Touch him.
10. In Act I, Vladimir asks the boy if he has been where they are before. The boy replies that
(a) He has been there many times.
(b) He is lost and needs directions.
(c) This is his first time.
(d) He needs their help.
11. Vladimir asks Pozzo if he can ask Lucky to sing or recite before they leave near the end of the play. Pozzo tells him
(a) That this time, Lucky will ask for money before he will recite.
(b) Lucky will be happy to recite again.
(c) That Lucky is dumb and cannot sing or recite.
(d) Lucky will be happy to sing.
12. Upon his return, Pozzo wants to know if Estragon and Vladimir are
(d) Park rangers.
13. When he arrives for the second time, who does the boy refer to Vladimir as?
(a) Mr. Rogers.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mr. Albert.
(d) Mr. Jones.
14. The boy tells Vladimir that he has a brother who also works for Godot and minds the
15. In Act II, Estragon remembers some of the things that happened the day before including:
(a) Sleeping under the tree.
(b) Losing his boots.
(c) Being kicked by someone and being given a bone.
(d) Going into the town and buying some food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vladimir tells Estragon, at the end of the second act, that if Godot comes,
2. When Estragon tells Vladimir why he is going to go without shoes, Vladimir asks him if he is going to
3. As Pozzo and Lucky are leaving near the end of the play, Vladimir asks Pozzo what they do when they fall down and there is no one to help them. Pozzo tells him
4. In the second act, after waiting so long for Godot, Vladimir tells Estragon he is proud of the fact that
5. Vladimir asks the boy if Mr. Godot has a beard. The boy tells him that he does and that it is
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)