|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vladimir asks Pozzo if he can ask Lucky to sing or recite before they leave near the end of the play. Pozzo tells him
(a) Lucky will be happy to sing.
(b) That this time, Lucky will ask for money before he will recite.
(c) Lucky will be happy to recite again.
(d) That Lucky is dumb and cannot sing or recite.
2. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir are agitated because someone is coming so they decide to
(a) Go looking for Godot to save them.
(b) Go find something to eat.
(c) Hide behind the tree.
(d) Run far away.
3. The last thing that Vladimir tells Estragon to do is
(a) Tie his shoes.
(b) Pull up his pants.
(c) Put his shoes on.
(d) Pull down his pants.
4. Estragon and Vladimir talk about what time it is in the middle of the second act. Pozzo keeps begging them to tell him if it is
(b) Time to go to sleep.
(c) Going to rain.
(d) Time for him to leave.
5. When Estragon comments that his boots are too big in Act II, Vladimir tells him that perhaps, someday, he will
(a) Decide to wear different kinds of shoes.
(b) Get new boots that fit.
(c) Have a pair of socks.
(d) Find his old boots.
6. Vladimir tries to clarify that he and Estragon met Pozzo and Lucky yesterday. Pozzo tells him he doesn't remember meeting them yesterday and that tomorrow
(a) He will remember meeting them.
(b) He won't be coming back, so it doesn't matter.
(c) They will all meet Godot.
(d) He won't remember meeting them today.
7. When Vladimir tries to talk to Estragon about what happened the day before with the tree and Pozzo and Lucky, Estragon tells him
(a) Pozzo and Lucky have left.
(b) The tree now has leaves.
(c) He has forgotten everything.
(d) Lucky finally ran away.
8. When he arrives for the second time, who does the boy refer to Vladimir as?
(a) Mr. Rogers.
(b) Mr. Jones.
(c) Mr. Smith.
(d) Mr. Albert.
9. Who does Vladimir suggest he and Estragon pretend to be or fun in Act II?
(a) Godot, and see who has the better impersination.
(b) Each other.
(c) The boy and his brother.
(d) Lucky and Pozzo.
10. When Estragon approaches Lucky in the second act and starts to kick him, he
(a) Suddenly feels bad for Lucky.
(b) Finishes by beating him up.
(c) Hurts his foot.
(d) Breaks Lucky's arm.
11. Upon his return, Pozzo wants to know if Estragon and Vladimir are
(b) Park rangers.
12. Estragon and Vladimir have an argument in Act II, but decide to converse politely because they can't keep silent because don't want to...
(a) Listen to the wind.
(b) Keep falling asleep.
(c) Stay bored.
(d) Think and hear.
13. Estragon tells Vladimir he threw his boots away the day before. Vladimir shows him his boots. Estragon
(a) Throws the boots away again because they hurt him.
(b) Gives the boots to Vladimir.
(c) Thanks him and puts his boots back on.
(d) Tells him they are not his boots because his were black and these are brown.
14. Vladimir tells Estragon, at the end of the second act, that if Godot comes,
(a) They will tell him it was rude of him not to come before.
(b) They will be saved.
(c) He will cut down the tree.
(d) They will be wealthy.
15. As Pozzo and Lucky are leaving near the end of the play, Vladimir asks Pozzo what they do when they fall down and there is no one to help them. Pozzo tells him
(a) They pay someone to pick them up.
(b) They wait until they can get up.
(c) They take the opportunity to take a nap.
(d) They beg for help until someone takes pity on them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Estragon and Vladimir discuss where they have spent time in the past and mention which two specific places?
2. As Act I is ending, Vladimir tells Estragon that everything will be better tomorrow because
3. What does Estragon say he was dreaming of when Vladimir woke him up in Act II?
4. Estragon and Vladimir continue to discuss Pozzo's helplessness in Act II. Vladimir gets excited about the fact that, for once, they
5. Vladimir greets Estragon at the beginning of Act II and wants to embrace him. Estragon tells Vladimir not to
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)