|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir discuss how to handle Pozzo, but they are concerned because
(a) They are afraid Pozzo and Lucky are trying to trick them.
(b) They are afraid Pozzo is too strong for them.
(c) They are afraid of Lucky and his potential for violence.
(d) They are afraid Pozzo will be able to hit them with the whip.
2. The second time the boy messenger comes, when Vladimir asks the boy about his brother, the boy says his brother is
(c) No longer working for Mr. Godot.
(d) Away on a long trip.
3. At the end of the first act, Estragon and Vladimir decide they should go,
(a) But they fall asleep instead.
(b) But Mr. Godot comes to see them.
(c) But they never do.
(d) And they leave.
4. Estragon realizes it is too late for Godot to come by the end of the second day. Vladimir agrees because it is
(a) Time to sleep.
5. When the boy comes toward the end of the second act, Vladimir asks him if he has seen anybody. The boy tells him
(a) He wasn't paying attention.
(b) That there were many people on the road.
(c) He has seen no one.
(d) He saw two people traveling together.
6. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir can find nothing that will work as a rope if they want to hang themselves, and they decide that tomorrow they will
(a) Find Pozzo and take his rope.
(b) Cut the tree down anyway.
(c) Bring a good piece of rope.
(d) Find another way to do themselves in.
7. Estragon and Vladimir have an argument in Act II, but decide to converse politely because they can't keep silent because don't want to...
(a) Keep falling asleep.
(b) Stay bored.
(c) Think and hear.
(d) Listen to the wind.
8. Estragon and Vladimir discuss where they have spent time in the past and mention which two specific places?
(a) Macon country and Cackon country.
(b) Dodge country and Cackon country.
(c) Dodge country and Macon country.
(d) Fairview country and Telfair country.
9. When Estragon tells Vladimir why he is going to go without shoes, Vladimir asks him if he is going to
(a) Compare himself to Christ.
(b) Buy a new pair of shoes.
(c) Read the Bible.
(d) Ever wear shoes again.
10. Who does the boy ask for in Act 1?
(a) Mr. Albert.
(b) A job.
(c) A place to sleep.
(d) Something to eat.
11. In Act II, Estragon remembers some of the things that happened the day before including:
(a) Sleeping under the tree.
(b) Losing his boots.
(c) Being kicked by someone and being given a bone.
(d) Going into the town and buying some food.
12. At the beginning of Act II, Vladimir sings a song about a
13. Throughout the dialogue in Act II, Estragon and Vladimir are doing their best to keep talking so they don't
(a) Have to remember how hungry they are.
(b) Have to hear all the dead voices.
(c) Keep falling asleep.
(d) Think about how dull it is to keep waiting for Godot.
14. What is the first thing Vladimir suggests Estragon do when he checks on Lucky in Act II?
(a) Find something to eat while he has the chance.
(b) Go through all the parcels because Pozzo is blind and if Lucky is dead he won't be able to alert Pozzo.
(c) <ake sure he is alive because it isn't worth wasting effort if he's already dead.
(d) Demand money from Pozzo for doing this task.
15. What does Vladimir ask the boy to tell Mr. Godot on the second day?
(a) That Vladimir and Estragon will wait in a different place tomorrow.
(b) That Vladimir and Estragon will wait as long as he wants them to.
(c) That Vladimir and Estragon are tired of waiting.
(d) That he saw Vladimir.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vladimir tries to clarify that he and Estragon met Pozzo and Lucky yesterday. Pozzo tells him he doesn't remember meeting them yesterday and that tomorrow
2. When Estragon wakes up in Act II, disoriented by a nightmare, Vladimir
3. In Act I, Vladimir asks the boy if he has been where they are before. The boy replies that
4. Finally, toward the end of the play, Vladimir tells Estragon they will hang themselves tomorrow unless
5. When he arrives for the second time, who does the boy refer to Vladimir as?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)