|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act I, Vladimir asks the boy where he sleeps, and the boy tells him that
(a) He sleeps in a bed in the house.
(b) He and his brother sleep on the floor in the servant's house.
(c) He sleeps alone in the hay in the loft.
(d) He and his brother sleep in the hay in the loft.
2. Estragon and Vladimir continue to discuss Pozzo's helplessness in Act II. Vladimir gets excited about the fact that, for once, they
(a) Have this chance to get back at someone.
(b) Have the upper hand.
(c) Are needed.
(d) Can ignore the situation without causing a problem.
3. Who does the boy tell Estragon and Vladimir that Mr. Godot beats?
(b) The boy's mother.
(c) The boy's brother.
(d) The other boy who minds the cows.
4. Vladimir realizes Estragon has been beaten again and tells him he wouldn't have let "them" beat Estragon because he would
(a) Beat up all of the people who beat Estragon.
(b) Ask Godot to help Estragon.
(c) Stop Estragon from doing whatever he did to receive the beating.
(d) Help Estragon run away so he wouldn't get beaten.
5. In Act I, Estragon and Vladimir ask the boy why he is so late in coming. The boy tells them he has been waiting because he was
(a) Tired and needed to take a nap.
(b) Afraid they would hit him.
(c) Finishing his dinner.
(d) Afraid of the whip, the roars, and the two big men.
6. Upon his return, Pozzo wants to know if Estragon and Vladimir are
(a) Park rangers.
7. After Estragon and Vladimir help Pozzo get up in the second act, Vladimir asks Pozzo if he recognizes them. Pozzo tells them
(a) He was just playing with them.
(b) He is really Godot.
(c) He does not recognize them.
(d) He is blind.
8. As the boy is about to leave at the end of Act I, he asks Vladimir what he should tell Mr. Godot. Vladimir tells him to tell Mr. Godot that
(a) They will not wait for him anymore.
(b) They really need to see him.
(c) He saw them.
(d) They will wait at home.
9. Estragon tells Vladimir he threw his boots away the day before. Vladimir shows him his boots. Estragon
(a) Gives the boots to Vladimir.
(b) Thanks him and puts his boots back on.
(c) Tells him they are not his boots because his were black and these are brown.
(d) Throws the boots away again because they hurt him.
10. As Pozzo and Lucky are leaving near the end of the play, Vladimir asks Pozzo what they do when they fall down and there is no one to help them. Pozzo tells him
(a) They pay someone to pick them up.
(b) They take the opportunity to take a nap.
(c) They wait until they can get up.
(d) They beg for help until someone takes pity on them.
11. The last thing that Vladimir tells Estragon to do is
(a) Pull up his pants.
(b) Tie his shoes.
(c) Put his shoes on.
(d) Pull down his pants.
12. Vladimir asks the boy if Mr. Godot has a beard. The boy tells him that he does and that it is
13. Estragon and Vladimir talk about what time it is in the middle of the second act. Pozzo keeps begging them to tell him if it is
(a) Time for him to leave.
(b) Time to go to sleep.
(c) Going to rain.
14. At the end of Act I, Estragon says he is unhappy. Vladimir asks him since when. Estragon tells him he
(a) Just realized that he was unhappy.
(b) Has always been unhappy.
(c) Likes being unhappy.
(d) Has forgotten.
15. Toward the end of the first act, Estragon wonders if he and Vladimir
(a) Should find a better place to wait for Godot.
(b) Should move away.
(c) Should go looking for Godot.
(d) Wouldn't have been better off alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he arrives for the second time, who does the boy refer to Vladimir as?
2. Vladimir asks the boy in Act II if he is the same boy who came yesterday. The boy tells him
3. In Act II, Vladimir gives Estragon a radish,
4. Throughout the dialogue in Act II, Estragon and Vladimir are doing their best to keep talking so they don't
5. Finally, toward the end of the play, Vladimir tells Estragon they will hang themselves tomorrow unless
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)