|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Estragon realizes it is too late for Godot to come by the end of the second day. Vladimir agrees because it is
(a) Time to sleep.
2. What does Vladimir ask the boy to tell Mr. Godot on the second day?
(a) That Vladimir and Estragon will wait in a different place tomorrow.
(b) That Vladimir and Estragon will wait as long as he wants them to.
(c) That he saw Vladimir.
(d) That Vladimir and Estragon are tired of waiting.
3. Vladimir greets Estragon at the beginning of Act II and wants to embrace him. Estragon tells Vladimir not to
(a) Embrace him.
(b) Come near him.
(c) Touch him.
(d) Leave him.
4. Estragon gets excited because when Pozzo returns the next day, he thinks Pozzo
(a) Has brought Godot.
(b) Is actually Godot.
(c) Tells them they can wait for Godot at his home.
(d) Has brought them all dinner.
5. Considering the possibility that they might have trouble hanging themselves, Estragon says that Vladimir could hang onto his legs. Vladimir asks him
(a) Who would hang onto his (Vladimir's) legs.
(b) If he is really certain he wants to do this.
(c) If he thinks the tree can hold them both.
(d) If he is sure that would work.
6. Vladimir tells Estragon, at the end of the second act, that if Godot comes,
(a) They will tell him it was rude of him not to come before.
(b) They will be saved.
(c) He will cut down the tree.
(d) They will be wealthy.
7. Vladimir is glad that Lucky and Pozzo return in Act II because now they will have help
(a) Waiting for Godot.
(b) Chopping down the tree for firewood.
(c) Finding something to eat.
(d) Someone to watch out while they sleep.
8. How is the tree different in Act II?
(a) It has a few leaves.
(b) It is full of leaves and fruit.
(c) It has lost most of its branches.
(d) It has been chopped down.
9. When Estragon says he doesn't know why he was beaten at the beginning of Act II, Vladimir tells him
(a) He must have been doing something wrong.
(b) Godot will make sure it doesn't happen again.
(c) He must have been trespassing.
(d) It isn't just what you do but the way you do it that matters.
10. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir discuss how to handle Pozzo, but they are concerned because
(a) They are afraid of Lucky and his potential for violence.
(b) They are afraid Pozzo is too strong for them.
(c) They are afraid Pozzo will be able to hit them with the whip.
(d) They are afraid Pozzo and Lucky are trying to trick them.
11. Upon his return, Pozzo wants to know if Estragon and Vladimir are
(c) Park rangers.
12. Toward the end of the first act, Estragon wonders if he and Vladimir
(a) Wouldn't have been better off alone.
(b) Should go looking for Godot.
(c) Should find a better place to wait for Godot.
(d) Should move away.
13. Estragon and Vladimir discuss where they have spent time in the past and mention which two specific places?
(a) Macon country and Cackon country.
(b) Dodge country and Macon country.
(c) Fairview country and Telfair country.
(d) Dodge country and Cackon country.
14. When Estragon wakes up in Act II, disoriented by a nightmare, Vladimir
(a) Pays no attention.
(b) Laughs at him and tells him he's childish.
(c) Comforts him and trys to calm him.
(d) Gets irriated and tells him to grow up.
15. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir talk aimlessly for awhile and have a hard time keeping up the conversation. Vladimir begs Estragon to speak. Finally, Estragon asks what they should do now, and Vladimir tells him they should
(a) Get something to eat.
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Go find Godot.
(d) Wait for Godot.
Short Answer Questions
1. The second time the boy messenger comes, when Vladimir asks the boy about his brother, the boy says his brother is
2. The boy claims to work or Mr. Godot by minding the
3. In the dialogue at the beginning of Act II, Vladimir talks Estragon into saying he is happy. Once Estragon makes the statement that he is happy, he asks Vladimir about what they should do now. Vladimir tells him they should
4. As Pozzo and Lucky are leaving near the end of the play, Vladimir asks Pozzo what they do when they fall down and there is no one to help them. Pozzo tells him
5. Estragon falls asleep again in Act II, and, again, Vladimir wakes him up. Estragon asks Vladimir
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)