|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vladimir is glad that Lucky and Pozzo return in Act II because now they will have help
(a) Finding something to eat.
(b) Someone to watch out while they sleep.
(c) Chopping down the tree for firewood.
(d) Waiting for Godot.
2. Vladimir asks the boy if he is unhappy and, just as Act I is ending, the boy tells him that he
(a) Doesn't care if he is unhappy or happy.
(b) Doesn't know if he is unhappy or not.
(c) Is very happy.
(d) Is very unhappy.
3. What is different about Pozzo and Lucky when they return the next day?
(a) Pozzo is blind and Lucky has the whip to beat him.
(b) Pozzo is blind and Lucky is mute.
(c) Pozzo can't walk and Lucky has to carry him.
(d) Lucky is the landowner and Pozzo is his beaten servant.
4. Vladimir asks Estragon why he keeps coming back to spend time with Vladimir if he is not happy. Estragon tells him
(a) He has nowhere else to go.
(b) Because they are brothers.
(c) That he found Godot.
(d) He does not know why.
5. In Act II, Vladimir asks the boy what Mr. Godot does. The boy tells him that Mr. Godot
(a) Does nothing.
(b) Is a physician.
(c) Owns race horses.
(d) Does philanthropic work.
6. In Act I, Estragon and Vladimir ask the boy why he is so late in coming. The boy tells them he has been waiting because he was
(a) Afraid of the whip, the roars, and the two big men.
(b) Afraid they would hit him.
(c) Tired and needed to take a nap.
(d) Finishing his dinner.
7. At the end of Act I, Estragon says he is unhappy. Vladimir asks him since when. Estragon tells him he
(a) Just realized that he was unhappy.
(b) Likes being unhappy.
(c) Has forgotten.
(d) Has always been unhappy.
8. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir talk about the tree and the fact that it
(a) Had leaves yesterday, but now they are all gone.
(b) Has been chopped down.
(c) Was bare yesterday, but now has some leaves.
(d) Was bare yesterday, but now has some fruit.
9. When Estragon approaches Lucky in the second act and starts to kick him, he
(a) Breaks Lucky's arm.
(b) Finishes by beating him up.
(c) Hurts his foot.
(d) Suddenly feels bad for Lucky.
10. When Pozzo asks Estragon and Vladimir if they are at a place called the Board, Vladimir describes the surroundings, and Pozzo tells him
(a) The Board is a place where games are played.
(b) This can not be the Board
(c) It is the place at the center of town.
(d) The Board is a room where people meet to make decisions.
11. The second time the boy messenger comes, when Vladimir asks the boy about his brother, the boy says his brother is
(c) No longer working for Mr. Godot.
(d) Away on a long trip.
12. In the dialogue at the beginning of Act II, Vladimir talks Estragon into saying he is happy. Once Estragon makes the statement that he is happy, he asks Vladimir about what they should do now. Vladimir tells him they should
(a) Go get something to eat.
(b) Buy Estragon some new boots.
(c) Wait for Godot.
(d) Go take a shower.
13. Toward the end of the second act, Estragon wakes up and wants to leave the place. Vladimir tells him they can't because they
(a) Have no place to go.
(b) Need to wait for Pozzo and Lucky.
(c) Are too tired and hungry to go anywhere.
(d) Are waiting for Godot.
14. How many people does Estragon tells Vladimir beat him up?
15. Vladimir asks Pozzo if he can ask Lucky to sing or recite before they leave near the end of the play. Pozzo tells him
(a) That this time, Lucky will ask for money before he will recite.
(b) Lucky will be happy to sing.
(c) Lucky will be happy to recite again.
(d) That Lucky is dumb and cannot sing or recite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pozzo say is in his bag near the end of the play?
2. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir are agitated because someone is coming so they decide to
3. After talking about leaving in the second act, Estragon finally does leave but comes back immediately because
4. As the boy is about to leave at the end of Act I, he asks Vladimir what he should tell Mr. Godot. Vladimir tells him to tell Mr. Godot that
5. Estragon falls asleep again in Act II, and, again, Vladimir wakes him up. Estragon asks Vladimir
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)