|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Estragon and Vladimir realize that Pozzo is at their mercy in the second act, they
(a) Leave him alone.
(b) Decide to take advantage of the situation.
(c) Punish him because he was cruel to Lucky.
(d) Tell Lucky to take the whip and punish Pozzo.
2. When Pozzo and Lucky meet Estragon and Vladimir the next day, Pozzo tells them that he woke up one day finding everything had changed and that he sometimes wonders if he isn't
(a) Still asleep.
(b) Losing his mind.
(c) Getting very old
(d) Afraid to see.
3. At the end of Act I, Estragon says he is unhappy. Vladimir asks him since when. Estragon tells him he
(a) Just realized that he was unhappy.
(b) Has forgotten.
(c) Likes being unhappy.
(d) Has always been unhappy.
4. What is different about Pozzo and Lucky when they return the next day?
(a) Pozzo is blind and Lucky is mute.
(b) Pozzo can't walk and Lucky has to carry him.
(c) Pozzo is blind and Lucky has the whip to beat him.
(d) Lucky is the landowner and Pozzo is his beaten servant.
5. In Act II, Vladimir gives Estragon a radish,
(a) But Estragon does not want it because it is blackand he only likes pink radishes.
(b) And Estragon thanks him and eats it quickly.
(c) But does not want it because he doesn't like radishes.
(d) But Estragon gives it back to him and tells him he is not hungry.
6. As Act I is ending, the boy tells Estragon and Vladimir that Mr. Godot will not come to see them today,
(a) And he will not be able to come to see them for some weeks.
(b) Because he has already seen them.
(c) But he will surely come tomorrow.
(d) Because he has no intention of ever coming.
7. When Pozzo asks Estragon and Vladimir if they are at a place called the Board, Vladimir describes the surroundings, and Pozzo tells him
(a) The Board is a room where people meet to make decisions.
(b) This can not be the Board
(c) It is the place at the center of town.
(d) The Board is a place where games are played.
8. What does Vladimir ask the boy to tell Mr. Godot on the second day?
(a) That he saw Vladimir.
(b) That Vladimir and Estragon will wait as long as he wants them to.
(c) That Vladimir and Estragon are tired of waiting.
(d) That Vladimir and Estragon will wait in a different place tomorrow.
9. Estragon and Vladimir agree that they work well as a team so, in Act II, they decide to work together to
(a) Find food because they are hungry.
(b) Put the boots they found on Estragon.
(c) Cut the tree down for firewood.
(d) Clean up the area.
10. What does Estragon say he was dreaming of when Vladimir woke him up in Act II?
(a) That he was happy.
(b) That Godot had come and taken care of them.
(c) That the tree was gone.
(d) About having all the food he wanted.
11. In the second act, after waiting so long for Godot, Vladimir tells Estragon he is proud of the fact that
(a) Smart enough to take advantage of Pozzo.
(b) They are strong enough to beat up Lucky.
(c) Even though they may not be saints, they kept their appointment.
(d) They are better people than Pozzo because they do not beat people.
12. Vladimir greets Estragon at the beginning of Act II and wants to embrace him. Estragon tells Vladimir not to
(a) Leave him.
(b) Touch him.
(c) Embrace him.
(d) Come near him.
13. At the end of the play, when Vladimir and Estragon decide to leave, where do they go?
(a) They do not move.
(b) They go west.
(c) They go east.
(d) They search for the closest town.
14. Considering the possibility that they might have trouble hanging themselves, Estragon says that Vladimir could hang onto his legs. Vladimir asks him
(a) Who would hang onto his (Vladimir's) legs.
(b) If he thinks the tree can hold them both.
(c) If he is really certain he wants to do this.
(d) If he is sure that would work.
15. Vladimir is glad that Lucky and Pozzo return in Act II because now they will have help
(a) Someone to watch out while they sleep.
(b) Chopping down the tree for firewood.
(c) Waiting for Godot.
(d) Finding something to eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II, Vladimir tells Estragon that if he will help him pick up Pozzo, they will go together to
2. Who does Vladimir suggest he and Estragon pretend to be or fun in Act II?
3. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir can find nothing that will work as a rope if they want to hang themselves, and they decide that tomorrow they will
4. Vladimir asks the boy in Act II if he is the same boy who came yesterday. The boy tells him
5. How many people does Estragon tells Vladimir beat him up?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)