|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Estragon comments that his boots are too big in Act II, Vladimir tells him that perhaps, someday, he will
(a) Decide to wear different kinds of shoes.
(b) Have a pair of socks.
(c) Find his old boots.
(d) Get new boots that fit.
2. In Act I, Estragon and Vladimir ask the boy why he is so late in coming. The boy tells them he has been waiting because he was
(a) Tired and needed to take a nap.
(b) Finishing his dinner.
(c) Afraid of the whip, the roars, and the two big men.
(d) Afraid they would hit him.
3. What does Estragon say he was dreaming of when Vladimir woke him up in Act II?
(a) That the tree was gone.
(b) About having all the food he wanted.
(c) That Godot had come and taken care of them.
(d) That he was happy.
4. Estragon falls asleep again in Act II, and, again, Vladimir wakes him up. Estragon asks Vladimir
(a) If Godot has come.
(b) Why he won't let him sleep.
(c) To find him some food for dinner.
(d) To quit bothering him and take a nap, too.
5. The second time the boy messenger comes, when Vladimir asks the boy about his brother, the boy says his brother is
(b) No longer working for Mr. Godot.
(d) Away on a long trip.
6. As Act I is ending, Vladimir tells Estragon that everything will be better tomorrow because
(a) They will be seeing Pozzo and Lucky.
(b) The boy told them that Godot will come tomorrow.
(c) They will go to visit Mr. Godot.
(d) They will be going on a trip.
7. After Estragon and Vladimir help Pozzo stand up in Act II, Pozzo asks Estragon and Vladimir if they are friends of his. They tell him
(a) They are, otherwise they wouldn't have helped him.
(b) They are going to help Lucky escape.
(c) They are going to take his food.
(d) They are going to take Pozzo and Lucky to their house.
8. When Vladimir tries to talk to Estragon about what happened the day before with the tree and Pozzo and Lucky, Estragon tells him
(a) Pozzo and Lucky have left.
(b) The tree now has leaves.
(c) Lucky finally ran away.
(d) He has forgotten everything.
9. As the boy is about to leave at the end of Act I, he asks Vladimir what he should tell Mr. Godot. Vladimir tells him to tell Mr. Godot that
(a) They really need to see him.
(b) They will not wait for him anymore.
(c) They will wait at home.
(d) He saw them.
10. When the boy comes toward the end of the second act, Vladimir asks him if he has seen anybody. The boy tells him
(a) He has seen no one.
(b) That there were many people on the road.
(c) He saw two people traveling together.
(d) He wasn't paying attention.
11. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir can find nothing that will work as a rope if they want to hang themselves, and they decide that tomorrow they will
(a) Find another way to do themselves in.
(b) Cut the tree down anyway.
(c) Bring a good piece of rope.
(d) Find Pozzo and take his rope.
12. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir talk about the tree and the fact that it
(a) Was bare yesterday, but now has some leaves.
(b) Has been chopped down.
(c) Was bare yesterday, but now has some fruit.
(d) Had leaves yesterday, but now they are all gone.
13. At the beginning of Act II, Vladimir sings a song about a
14. Just as Act I is ending,
(a) A boy enters the stage.
(b) Estragon and Vladimir eat.
(c) Estragon and Vladimir fall asleep.
(d) Pozzo and Lucky come back.
15. Considering the possibility that they might have trouble hanging themselves, Estragon says that Vladimir could hang onto his legs. Vladimir asks him
(a) If he is sure that would work.
(b) If he is really certain he wants to do this.
(c) Who would hang onto his (Vladimir's) legs.
(d) If he thinks the tree can hold them both.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pozzo say is in his bag near the end of the play?
2. In Act I, Vladimir asks the boy if he has been where they are before. The boy replies that
3. When Estragon tells Vladimir why he is going to go without shoes, Vladimir asks him if he is going to
4. Estragon tells Vladimir he threw his boots away the day before. Vladimir shows him his boots. Estragon
5. When he arrives for the second time, who does the boy refer to Vladimir as?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)