|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The boy tells Vladimir that he has a brother who also works for Godot and minds the
2. When Estragon wakes up in Act II, disoriented by a nightmare, Vladimir
(a) Pays no attention.
(b) Gets irriated and tells him to grow up.
(c) Laughs at him and tells him he's childish.
(d) Comforts him and trys to calm him.
3. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir talk aimlessly for awhile and have a hard time keeping up the conversation. Vladimir begs Estragon to speak. Finally, Estragon asks what they should do now, and Vladimir tells him they should
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Wait for Godot.
(c) Get something to eat.
(d) Go find Godot.
4. When he arrives for the second time, who does the boy refer to Vladimir as?
(a) Mr. Rogers.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mr. Albert.
(d) Mr. Jones.
5. Vladimir tries to clarify that he and Estragon met Pozzo and Lucky yesterday. Pozzo tells him he doesn't remember meeting them yesterday and that tomorrow
(a) He won't be coming back, so it doesn't matter.
(b) They will all meet Godot.
(c) He won't remember meeting them today.
(d) He will remember meeting them.
6. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir discuss how to handle Pozzo, but they are concerned because
(a) They are afraid Pozzo will be able to hit them with the whip.
(b) They are afraid Pozzo and Lucky are trying to trick them.
(c) They are afraid Pozzo is too strong for them.
(d) They are afraid of Lucky and his potential for violence.
7. When Estragon tells Vladimir why he is going to go without shoes, Vladimir asks him if he is going to
(a) Read the Bible.
(b) Compare himself to Christ.
(c) Ever wear shoes again.
(d) Buy a new pair of shoes.
8. After Pozzo and Lucky leave in Act II, Vladimir wonders if Pozzo
(a) Was still going to sell Lucky.
(b) Was really blind.
(c) Was playing a trick on them.
(d) Had hurt Lucky.
9. What is Estragon's reply when Vladimir tells him he cannot go barefoot in Act 1?
(a) Estragon argued that it will only be for one night.
(b) Estragon promises to buy another pair of boots soon.
(c) Estragon reminds Vladimir that he always goes barefoot.
(d) Estragon says he can because Christ did.
10. Estragon remembers some of the things that happened to him the day before, but he can't remember all of the pieces of the puzzle. Vladimir tries to remind him that
(a) He was kicked by a mule and had leftover bones from his chicken.
(b) Someone beat him and threw old chicken bones at him.
(c) Lucky kicked him and Pozzo gave him the chicken bones.
(d) He fell and found some bones buried under the tree.
11. In Act II, Vladimir tells Estragon that if he will help him pick up Pozzo, they will go together to
(a) Find Godot.
(b) The beaches.
(c) The Pyrenees.
(d) Find food for dinner.
12. In Act II, Estragon remembers some of the things that happened the day before including:
(a) Being kicked by someone and being given a bone.
(b) Sleeping under the tree.
(c) Losing his boots.
(d) Going into the town and buying some food.
13. How is the tree different in Act II?
(a) It is full of leaves and fruit.
(b) It has a few leaves.
(c) It has lost most of its branches.
(d) It has been chopped down.
14. What is different about Pozzo and Lucky when they return the next day?
(a) Lucky is the landowner and Pozzo is his beaten servant.
(b) Pozzo is blind and Lucky is mute.
(c) Pozzo can't walk and Lucky has to carry him.
(d) Pozzo is blind and Lucky has the whip to beat him.
15. At the end of Act I, Vladimir asks the boy where he sleeps, and the boy tells him that
(a) He sleeps in a bed in the house.
(b) He sleeps alone in the hay in the loft.
(c) He and his brother sleep on the floor in the servant's house.
(d) He and his brother sleep in the hay in the loft.
Short Answer Questions
1. As they are preparing to leave at the end of Act I, Estragon looks at the tree and tells Vladimir that
2. Finally, toward the end of the play, Vladimir tells Estragon they will hang themselves tomorrow unless
3. In Act I, Vladimir asks the boy if he has been where they are before. The boy replies that
4. In Act II, Vladimir gives Estragon a radish,
5. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir are agitated because someone is coming so they decide to
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)