|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Estragon says he doesn't know why he was beaten at the beginning of Act II, Vladimir tells him
(a) Godot will make sure it doesn't happen again.
(b) He must have been doing something wrong.
(c) It isn't just what you do but the way you do it that matters.
(d) He must have been trespassing.
2. Estragon and Vladimir have an argument in Act II, but decide to converse politely because they can't keep silent because don't want to...
(a) Think and hear.
(b) Keep falling asleep.
(c) Stay bored.
(d) Listen to the wind.
3. When Pozzo and Lucky meet Estragon and Vladimir the next day, Pozzo tells them that he woke up one day finding everything had changed and that he sometimes wonders if he isn't
(a) Afraid to see.
(b) Still asleep.
(c) Losing his mind.
(d) Getting very old
4. What reasoning does Pozzo give Vladimir for the change in Lucky in Act II?
(a) He says it happened one day just like he became blind one day.
(b) He does not offer a reason.
(c) Nothing, he tell Vladimir to leave them alone and stop asking stupid questions.
(d) He says Lucky was beaten.
5. In Act II, Estragon remembers some of the things that happened the day before including:
(a) Going into the town and buying some food.
(b) Losing his boots.
(c) Sleeping under the tree.
(d) Being kicked by someone and being given a bone.
6. Vladimir asks the boy if he is unhappy and, just as Act I is ending, the boy tells him that he
(a) Doesn't care if he is unhappy or happy.
(b) Is very unhappy.
(c) Is very happy.
(d) Doesn't know if he is unhappy or not.
7. When Pozzo asks Estragon and Vladimir if they are at a place called the Board, Vladimir describes the surroundings, and Pozzo tells him
(a) The Board is a place where games are played.
(b) It is the place at the center of town.
(c) This can not be the Board
(d) The Board is a room where people meet to make decisions.
8. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir talk aimlessly for awhile and have a hard time keeping up the conversation. Vladimir begs Estragon to speak. Finally, Estragon asks what they should do now, and Vladimir tells him they should
(a) Go find Godot.
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Get something to eat.
(d) Wait for Godot.
9. After he wakes up from his nightmare, Estragon gets irritated because Vladimir won't stop
(a) Laughing at him.
(c) Moving and walking.
10. When Estragon and Vladimir find the hat that Lucky left behind the day before, they
(a) Throw it away.
(b) Promise to keep it and give it back to Lucky if he ever comes back.
(c) Try to sell it.
(d) Keep trading and trying on different hats.
11. When Estragon approaches Lucky in the second act and starts to kick him, he
(a) Hurts his foot.
(b) Breaks Lucky's arm.
(c) Suddenly feels bad for Lucky.
(d) Finishes by beating him up.
12. Toward the end of the second act, Estragon wakes up and wants to leave the place. Vladimir tells him they can't because they
(a) Need to wait for Pozzo and Lucky.
(b) Are too tired and hungry to go anywhere.
(c) Are waiting for Godot.
(d) Have no place to go.
13. As they are preparing to leave at the end of Act I, Estragon looks at the tree and tells Vladimir that
(a) It's too bad they don't have some rope.
(b) The tree looks like it might be dying.
(c) It looks like an apple tree.
(d) They could use the tree for fire wood.
14. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir discuss how to handle Pozzo, but they are concerned because
(a) They are afraid Pozzo will be able to hit them with the whip.
(b) They are afraid of Lucky and his potential for violence.
(c) They are afraid Pozzo is too strong for them.
(d) They are afraid Pozzo and Lucky are trying to trick them.
15. At the end of Act I, Estragon says he is unhappy. Vladimir asks him since when. Estragon tells him he
(a) Likes being unhappy.
(b) Just realized that he was unhappy.
(c) Has always been unhappy.
(d) Has forgotten.
Short Answer Questions
1. Just as Act I is ending,
2. In the dialogue at the beginning of Act II, Vladimir talks Estragon into saying he is happy. Once Estragon makes the statement that he is happy, he asks Vladimir about what they should do now. Vladimir tells him they should
3. What does Pozzo say is in his bag near the end of the play?
4. As Act I is ending, the boy tells Estragon and Vladimir that Mr. Godot will not come to see them today,
5. Vladimir asks Pozzo if he can ask Lucky to sing or recite before they leave near the end of the play. Pozzo tells him
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)