|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Pozzo and Lucky are leaving near the end of the play, Vladimir asks Pozzo what they do when they fall down and there is no one to help them. Pozzo tells him
(a) They pay someone to pick them up.
(b) They take the opportunity to take a nap.
(c) They wait until they can get up.
(d) They beg for help until someone takes pity on them.
2. The last thing that Vladimir tells Estragon to do is
(a) Put his shoes on.
(b) Pull up his pants.
(c) Pull down his pants.
(d) Tie his shoes.
3. What does Pozzo say is in his bag near the end of the play?
4. Toward the end of the second act, Estragon wakes up and wants to leave the place. Vladimir tells him they can't because they
(a) Need to wait for Pozzo and Lucky.
(b) Have no place to go.
(c) Are too tired and hungry to go anywhere.
(d) Are waiting for Godot.
5. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir can find nothing that will work as a rope if they want to hang themselves, and they decide that tomorrow they will
(a) Bring a good piece of rope.
(b) Cut the tree down anyway.
(c) Find Pozzo and take his rope.
(d) Find another way to do themselves in.
6. What does Vladimir ask the boy to tell Mr. Godot on the second day?
(a) That Vladimir and Estragon are tired of waiting.
(b) That he saw Vladimir.
(c) That Vladimir and Estragon will wait as long as he wants them to.
(d) That Vladimir and Estragon will wait in a different place tomorrow.
7. Vladimir asks Estragon why he keeps coming back to spend time with Vladimir if he is not happy. Estragon tells him
(a) That he found Godot.
(b) Because they are brothers.
(c) He does not know why.
(d) He has nowhere else to go.
8. Estragon falls asleep again in Act II, and, again, Vladimir wakes him up. Estragon asks Vladimir
(a) Why he won't let him sleep.
(b) If Godot has come.
(c) To quit bothering him and take a nap, too.
(d) To find him some food for dinner.
9. When Pozzo and Lucky meet Estragon and Vladimir the next day, Pozzo tells them that he woke up one day finding everything had changed and that he sometimes wonders if he isn't
(a) Afraid to see.
(b) Still asleep.
(c) Getting very old
(d) Losing his mind.
10. In Act I, Vladimir asks the boy if he has been where they are before. The boy replies that
(a) He needs their help.
(b) He is lost and needs directions.
(c) This is his first time.
(d) He has been there many times.
11. When he arrives for the second time, who does the boy refer to Vladimir as?
(a) Mr. Jones.
(b) Mr. Albert.
(c) Mr. Rogers.
(d) Mr. Smith.
12. Estragon and Vladimir have an argument in Act II, but decide to converse politely because they can't keep silent because don't want to...
(a) Listen to the wind.
(b) Stay bored.
(c) Think and hear.
(d) Keep falling asleep.
13. When Vladimir tells Estragon he is happy in Act II, how does Estragon react?
(a) He is hurt.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He is sad.
(d) He says he is happy too.
14. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir discuss how to handle Pozzo, but they are concerned because
(a) They are afraid Pozzo and Lucky are trying to trick them.
(b) They are afraid of Lucky and his potential for violence.
(c) They are afraid Pozzo is too strong for them.
(d) They are afraid Pozzo will be able to hit them with the whip.
15. Estragon tells Vladimir he threw his boots away the day before. Vladimir shows him his boots. Estragon
(a) Throws the boots away again because they hurt him.
(b) Gives the boots to Vladimir.
(c) Thanks him and puts his boots back on.
(d) Tells him they are not his boots because his were black and these are brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Estragon remembers some of the things that happened to him the day before, but he can't remember all of the pieces of the puzzle. Vladimir tries to remind him that
2. When Estragon comments that his boots are too big in Act II, Vladimir tells him that perhaps, someday, he will
3. After Estragon and Vladimir help Pozzo stand up in Act II, Pozzo asks Estragon and Vladimir if they are friends of his. They tell him
4. In Act II, Vladimir tells Estragon that if he will help him pick up Pozzo, they will go together to
5. Vladimir tells Estragon, at the end of the second act, that if Godot comes,
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)