|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As they are preparing to leave at the end of Act I, Estragon looks at the tree and tells Vladimir that
(a) It looks like an apple tree.
(b) It's too bad they don't have some rope.
(c) The tree looks like it might be dying.
(d) They could use the tree for fire wood.
2. What is different about Pozzo and Lucky when they return the next day?
(a) Pozzo can't walk and Lucky has to carry him.
(b) Lucky is the landowner and Pozzo is his beaten servant.
(c) Pozzo is blind and Lucky has the whip to beat him.
(d) Pozzo is blind and Lucky is mute.
3. At the end of the play, when Vladimir and Estragon decide to leave, where do they go?
(a) They search for the closest town.
(b) They go west.
(c) They go east.
(d) They do not move.
4. When Pozzo and Lucky meet Estragon and Vladimir the next day, Pozzo tells them that he woke up one day finding everything had changed and that he sometimes wonders if he isn't
(a) Afraid to see.
(b) Getting very old
(c) Losing his mind.
(d) Still asleep.
5. In Act I, Vladimir asks the boy if he has been where they are before. The boy replies that
(a) He has been there many times.
(b) He is lost and needs directions.
(c) He needs their help.
(d) This is his first time.
6. When Estragon and Vladimir realize that Pozzo is at their mercy in the second act, they
(a) Tell Lucky to take the whip and punish Pozzo.
(b) Decide to take advantage of the situation.
(c) Leave him alone.
(d) Punish him because he was cruel to Lucky.
7. Toward the end of the second act, Estragon wakes up and wants to leave the place. Vladimir tells him they can't because they
(a) Have no place to go.
(b) Are too tired and hungry to go anywhere.
(c) Need to wait for Pozzo and Lucky.
(d) Are waiting for Godot.
8. At the beginning of Act II, Vladimir sings a song about a
9. Estragon gets excited because when Pozzo returns the next day, he thinks Pozzo
(a) Tells them they can wait for Godot at his home.
(b) Is actually Godot.
(c) Has brought them all dinner.
(d) Has brought Godot.
10. Estragon and Vladimir talk about what time it is in the middle of the second act. Pozzo keeps begging them to tell him if it is
(a) Going to rain.
(c) Time for him to leave.
(d) Time to go to sleep.
11. The boy tells Vladimir that he has a brother who also works for Godot and minds the
12. What reasoning does Pozzo give Vladimir for the change in Lucky in Act II?
(a) He does not offer a reason.
(b) He says Lucky was beaten.
(c) Nothing, he tell Vladimir to leave them alone and stop asking stupid questions.
(d) He says it happened one day just like he became blind one day.
13. The boy claims to work or Mr. Godot by minding the
14. When Pozzo asks Estragon and Vladimir if they are at a place called the Board, Vladimir describes the surroundings, and Pozzo tells him
(a) The Board is a place where games are played.
(b) The Board is a room where people meet to make decisions.
(c) It is the place at the center of town.
(d) This can not be the Board
15. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir talk aimlessly for awhile and have a hard time keeping up the conversation. Vladimir begs Estragon to speak. Finally, Estragon asks what they should do now, and Vladimir tells him they should
(a) Go find Godot.
(b) Get something to eat.
(c) Wait for Godot.
(d) Take a nap.
Short Answer Questions
1. When they finally decide no one is coming after they think they hear something in Act II, Vladimir tells Estragon he must
2. When Estragon says he doesn't know why he was beaten at the beginning of Act II, Vladimir tells him
3. When he arrives for the second time, who does the boy refer to Vladimir as?
4. After Estragon and Vladimir help Pozzo stand up in Act II, Pozzo asks Estragon and Vladimir if they are friends of his. They tell him
5. Estragon remembers some of the things that happened to him the day before, but he can't remember all of the pieces of the puzzle. Vladimir tries to remind him that
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)