Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II, Estragon remembers some of the things that happened the day before including:
(a) Sleeping under the tree.
(b) Going into the town and buying some food.
(c) Being kicked by someone and being given a bone.
(d) Losing his boots.
2. Finally, toward the end of the play, Vladimir tells Estragon they will hang themselves tomorrow unless
(a) They find enough money to live better.
(b) Godot comes.
(c) Lucky and Pozzo come back.
(d) The boy comes back.
3. Vladimir realizes Estragon has been beaten again and tells him he wouldn't have let "them" beat Estragon because he would
(a) Help Estragon run away so he wouldn't get beaten.
(b) Ask Godot to help Estragon.
(c) Beat up all of the people who beat Estragon.
(d) Stop Estragon from doing whatever he did to receive the beating.
4. Vladimir tells Estragon, at the end of the second act, that if Godot comes,
(a) They will tell him it was rude of him not to come before.
(b) He will cut down the tree.
(c) They will be saved.
(d) They will be wealthy.
5. After Estragon and Vladimir help Pozzo stand up in Act II, Pozzo asks Estragon and Vladimir if they are friends of his. They tell him
(a) They are going to take his food.
(b) They are, otherwise they wouldn't have helped him.
(c) They are going to help Lucky escape.
(d) They are going to take Pozzo and Lucky to their house.
6. As Pozzo and Lucky are leaving near the end of the play, Vladimir asks Pozzo what they do when they fall down and there is no one to help them. Pozzo tells him
(a) They beg for help until someone takes pity on them.
(b) They take the opportunity to take a nap.
(c) They wait until they can get up.
(d) They pay someone to pick them up.
7. As Act I is ending, the boy tells Estragon and Vladimir that Mr. Godot will not come to see them today,
(a) Because he has no intention of ever coming.
(b) And he will not be able to come to see them for some weeks.
(c) Because he has already seen them.
(d) But he will surely come tomorrow.
8. At the end of the first act, Estragon and Vladimir decide they should go,
(a) And they leave.
(b) But Mr. Godot comes to see them.
(c) But they never do.
(d) But they fall asleep instead.
9. After he wakes up from his nightmare, Estragon gets irritated because Vladimir won't stop
(c) Laughing at him.
(d) Moving and walking.
10. When they finally decide no one is coming after they think they hear something in Act II, Vladimir tells Estragon he must
(a) Go find something to eat for them.
(b) Leave for good.
(c) Have had a vision.
(d) Find Godot immediately.
11. Estragon and Vladimir have an argument in Act II, but decide to converse politely because they can't keep silent because don't want to...
(a) Listen to the wind.
(b) Keep falling asleep.
(c) Think and hear.
(d) Stay bored.
12. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir talk about the tree and the fact that it
(a) Was bare yesterday, but now has some fruit.
(b) Has been chopped down.
(c) Was bare yesterday, but now has some leaves.
(d) Had leaves yesterday, but now they are all gone.
13. How is the tree different in Act II?
(a) It has lost most of its branches.
(b) It has a few leaves.
(c) It is full of leaves and fruit.
(d) It has been chopped down.
14. In Act II, Estragon and Vladimir discuss how to handle Pozzo, but they are concerned because
(a) They are afraid Pozzo and Lucky are trying to trick them.
(b) They are afraid of Lucky and his potential for violence.
(c) They are afraid Pozzo is too strong for them.
(d) They are afraid Pozzo will be able to hit them with the whip.
15. The boy tells Vladimir that he has a brother who also works for Godot and minds the
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy tell Vladimir about Mr. Godot on the second day?
2. In Act II, Vladimir asks the boy what Mr. Godot does. The boy tells him that Mr. Godot
3. In the second act, after waiting so long for Godot, Vladimir tells Estragon he is proud of the fact that
4. At the end of the play, when Vladimir and Estragon decide to leave, where do they go?
5. At the end of Act I, Estragon says he is unhappy. Vladimir asks him since when. Estragon tells him he
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)