|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Estragon's reply when Vladimir tells him he cannot go barefoot in Act 1?
(a) Estragon promises to buy another pair of boots soon.
(b) Estragon argued that it will only be for one night.
(c) Estragon reminds Vladimir that he always goes barefoot.
(d) Estragon says he can because Christ did.
2. The second time the boy messenger comes, when Vladimir asks the boy about his brother, the boy says his brother is
(c) No longer working for Mr. Godot.
(d) Away on a long trip.
3. When they finally decide no one is coming after they think they hear something in Act II, Vladimir tells Estragon he must
(a) Have had a vision.
(b) Find Godot immediately.
(c) Go find something to eat for them.
(d) Leave for good.
4. At the end of the first act, Estragon and Vladimir decide they should go,
(a) But Mr. Godot comes to see them.
(b) But they fall asleep instead.
(c) And they leave.
(d) But they never do.
5. After Estragon and Vladimir help Pozzo get up in the second act, Vladimir asks Pozzo if he recognizes them. Pozzo tells them
(a) He was just playing with them.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He does not recognize them.
(d) He is really Godot.
6. In Act I, Estragon and Vladimir ask the boy why he is so late in coming. The boy tells them he has been waiting because he was
(a) Afraid they would hit him.
(b) Afraid of the whip, the roars, and the two big men.
(c) Finishing his dinner.
(d) Tired and needed to take a nap.
7. At the end of Act I, Vladimir asks the boy where he sleeps, and the boy tells him that
(a) He sleeps alone in the hay in the loft.
(b) He and his brother sleep on the floor in the servant's house.
(c) He and his brother sleep in the hay in the loft.
(d) He sleeps in a bed in the house.
8. Vladimir greets Estragon at the beginning of Act II and wants to embrace him. Estragon tells Vladimir not to
(a) Touch him.
(b) Come near him.
(c) Leave him.
(d) Embrace him.
9. When he arrives for the second time, who does the boy refer to Vladimir as?
(a) Mr. Rogers.
(b) Mr. Jones.
(c) Mr. Albert.
(d) Mr. Smith.
10. Vladimir tries to clarify that he and Estragon met Pozzo and Lucky yesterday. Pozzo tells him he doesn't remember meeting them yesterday and that tomorrow
(a) He will remember meeting them.
(b) They will all meet Godot.
(c) He won't remember meeting them today.
(d) He won't be coming back, so it doesn't matter.
11. In Act II, Vladimir gives Estragon a radish,
(a) But Estragon does not want it because it is blackand he only likes pink radishes.
(b) But Estragon gives it back to him and tells him he is not hungry.
(c) But does not want it because he doesn't like radishes.
(d) And Estragon thanks him and eats it quickly.
12. Vladimir asks the boy if Mr. Godot has a beard. The boy tells him that he does and that it is
13. How many people does Estragon tells Vladimir beat him up?
14. When Estragon and Vladimir realize that Pozzo is at their mercy in the second act, they
(a) Punish him because he was cruel to Lucky.
(b) Leave him alone.
(c) Decide to take advantage of the situation.
(d) Tell Lucky to take the whip and punish Pozzo.
15. At the end of the play, when Vladimir and Estragon decide to leave, where do they go?
(a) They go east.
(b) They go west.
(c) They search for the closest town.
(d) They do not move.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Act I is ending, Vladimir tells Estragon that everything will be better tomorrow because
2. What is different about Pozzo and Lucky when they return the next day?
3. Throughout the dialogue in Act II, Estragon and Vladimir are doing their best to keep talking so they don't
4. At the end of Act I, Estragon says he is unhappy. Vladimir asks him since when. Estragon tells him he
5. The last thing that Vladimir tells Estragon to do is
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)