|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Pages 44-54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the play's notes, the action begins
(a) On a country road in the evening.
(b) In a park in the evening.
(c) On a country road in the afternoon.
(d) In a park in the morning.
2. As the boy is about to leave at the end of Act I, he asks Vladimir what he should tell Mr. Godot. Vladimir tells him to tell Mr. Godot that
(a) They will not wait for him anymore.
(b) He saw them.
(c) They really need to see him.
(d) They will wait at home.
3. As they are preparing to leave at the end of Act I, Estragon looks at the tree and tells Vladimir that
(a) It's too bad they don't have some rope.
(b) It looks like an apple tree.
(c) The tree looks like it might be dying.
(d) They could use the tree for fire wood.
4. A piece of costuming that Estragon, Vladimir, Pozzo, and Lucky wear throughout the play is a
(a) Hat (bowler).
(b) Pair of shorts.
(c) Silver buckle.
(d) Long-sleeve shirt.
5. When Pozzo tells Estragon to give Lucky his hat so Lucky can entertain them, Estragon says
(a) He won't do it because Lucky kicked him.
(b) He would be happy to do it.
(c) Lucky already has his hat.
(d) He doesn't believe Lucky should wear a hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the dialogue at the beginning of Act II, Vladimir talks Estragon into saying he is happy. Once Estragon makes the statement that he is happy, he asks Vladimir about what they should do now. Vladimir tells him they should
2. When Estragon and Vladimir find the hat that Lucky left behind the day before, they
3. When Estragon says he doesn't know why he was beaten at the beginning of Act II, Vladimir tells him
4. While they are waiting for Godot, Estragon and Vladimir talk about
5. In Act I, Vladimir asks the boy if he has been where they are before. The boy replies that
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)