|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 22-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Estragon pushes Vladimir to tell him the story about the Englishman in the brothel, Vladimir
(a) Tells Estragon the whole story.
(b) Falls asleep.
(c) Tells him a different story.
(d) Refuses to tell the story and leaves the stage.
2. Pozzo treats Lucky like a
(c) Wise man.
3. Estragon is interested in understanding Lucky and wants to find out why he
(a) Doesn't want the chicken bones.
(b) Is working for Pozzo.
(c) Is waiting for Godot.
(d) Doesn't put his packages down.
4. Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir that he is taking Lucky to the fair to
(a) Have a good time.
(b) Buy new clothes and shoes.
(c) Sell him for a good price.
(d) Buy another servant.
5. During the first act, Vladimir leaves the stage to go to the bathroom. When Vladimir returns, Estragon tries to start a conversation. He acknowledges that Vladimir is angry and wants the anger to go away. They end up
Short Answer Questions
1. During their discussion about when Godot is supposed to come, Vladimir and Estragon are certain about
2. When Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir they are trespassing, they reply that
3. While discussing the hanging, Vladimir asks Estragon what they should do. Estragon replies
4. During the first act, when Estragon complains because Vladimir woke him up, Vladimir tells Estragon he woke him up because
5. What does Estragon remember about the Bible?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)