|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 22-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pozzo controls Lucky with
(a) A long rope that goes around his neck and has created a large sore.
(b) A sword he threatens him with.
(c) A stick he beats him with.
(d) His fists.
2. While relaxing and smoking his pipe, Pozzo makes the philosophical observation that the second pipe
(a) Is really bad for your health.
(b) Is better shared with someone.
(c) Is sweet but not as sweet as the first.
(d) Is even better than the first.
3. In Act I, Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir that if he were waiting for Godot, he would
(a) Wait until it was very late at night before he would leave.
(b) Leave immediately since it was obvious Godot was not coming.
(c) Sleep until Godot came.
(d) Pay someone to stay there and come and get him when Godot arrived.
4. At the very beginning of Act I, Vladimir enters the stage where he finds Estragon. Vladimir asks him where he spent the night. Estragon tells him he spent the night
(a) In the park.
(b) At the Holiday Inn.
(c) On a bench.
(d) In a ditch.
5. The two main characters in the play are waiting for
(b) the Boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. After eating and disposing of the chicken bones, Pozzo finally decides to relax and
2. The main characters call each other
3. When Estragon tries to make Lucky feel better in the way Pozzo suggested, Lucky
4. During the first act, Vladimir leaves the stage to go to the bathroom. When Vladimir returns, Estragon tries to start a conversation. He acknowledges that Vladimir is angry and wants the anger to go away. They end up
5. While they are waiting for Godot, Estragon and Vladimir talk about
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)