|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 15-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During one of the conservations about the Bible, Vladimir tells Estragon he should have been a
2. During the first part of Act I, Estragon keeps looking for something that he doesn't find in what?
(a) The tree.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His hat.
(d) The sky.
3. During their initial conversation in the first act, what does Estragon tell Vladimir is unbuttoned?
(a) The buttons on his fly.
(b) The buttons on his shirt.
(c) The buttons on his shoes.
(d) The buttons on his pocket.
4. At times throughout the play, both Estragon and Vladimir talk about leaving the place where they are waiting, but they do not. Why not?
(a) They are waiting for Godot.
(b) They are looking for money.
(c) They are watching all the people walking by.
(d) The are happy in this place.
5. When Estragon starts to tell Vladimir about the dream he was having, Vladimir
(a) Listens intently.
(b) Shouts for him to stop!
(c) Keeps interrupting the story.
(d) Falls asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first act, Estragon exclaims that Vladimir smells of
2. What does Estragon tell Vladimir happened to him during the night?
3. In Act I, when Vladimer and Estragon first encounter Pozzo and Lucky, Vladimir moves towards Lucky, but Pozzo says Lucky is
4. While discussing the hanging, Vladimir asks Estragon what they should do. Estragon replies
5. What is the most significant thing on the stage? It is talked about several times during the play.
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)