|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 15-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Act I opens, Estragon is
(a) Trying to pull his boot off.
(b) Making castles in the dirt.
(c) Staring off into space.
2. Pozzo controls Lucky with
(a) His fists.
(b) A stick he beats him with.
(c) A sword he threatens him with.
(d) A long rope that goes around his neck and has created a large sore.
3. During one of the conservations about the Bible, Vladimir tells Estragon he should have been a
4. During the beginning of the first act, while Vladimir is pacing back and forth, Estragon
(a) Walks around the tree.
(b) Eats an apple.
(c) Falls asleep.
(d) Draws pictures in the dirt.
5. Act I starts with a meandering conversation between the two main characters who talk about a variety of subjects. They do NOT talk about
(a) The Bible.
(b) Going to America.
(c) Places they have been, like the Eiffel Tower.
(d) Their pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first act, Estragon exclaims that Vladimir smells of
2. During the first act, Vladimir leaves the stage to go to the bathroom. When Vladimir returns, Estragon tries to start a conversation. He acknowledges that Vladimir is angry and wants the anger to go away. They end up
3. When Estragon and Vladimir first see Pozzo and Lucky, they
4. What is the most significant thing on the stage? It is talked about several times during the play.
5. Estragon tells Vladimir that if they try to hang themselves
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)