|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 10-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the first act, Vladimir leaves the stage to go to the bathroom. When Vladimir returns, Estragon tries to start a conversation. He acknowledges that Vladimir is angry and wants the anger to go away. They end up
2. Vladimir tells Estragon that if they hang themselves from the tree, they will have
(a) An erection.
(b) A stomach ache.
(c) A new way of looking at life.
(d) A migraine.
3. During one of the conservations about the Bible, Vladimir tells Estragon he should have been a
4. In the first act, Estragon exclaims that Vladimir smells of
5. What does Estragon tell Vladimir happened to him during the night?
(a) He was beaten.
(b) He slept soundly and well.
(c) He found some money and clothes.
(d) He watched the stars all night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vladimir and Estragon talk about the crucifixion of Jesus and the different views of the four Evangelists who record that event. What is the topic that is described differently between the four Evangelists?
2. Estragon tells Vladimir that if they try to hang themselves
3. When Estragon starts to tell Vladimir about the dream he was having, Vladimir
4. During the course of the play, Estragon and Vladimir encounter two people who are traveling together, Pozzo and Lucky. It is clear that
5. The two main characters in "Waiting for Godot" are
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)