|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 31-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the conversation about Lucky and the packages, Pozzo yanks on the rope to get his attention and calls him a
(b) Good friend.
(c) Lazy bum.
(d) Pig and a hog.
2. When Estragon pushes Vladimir to tell him the story about the Englishman in the brothel, Vladimir
(a) Tells him a different story.
(b) Refuses to tell the story and leaves the stage.
(c) Tells Estragon the whole story.
(d) Falls asleep.
3. During the first act, Vladimir leaves the stage to go to the bathroom. When Vladimir returns, Estragon tries to start a conversation. He acknowledges that Vladimir is angry and wants the anger to go away. They end up
4. When Pozzo observes that Lucky has stopped crying, but Estragon is now crying. Pozzo explains that
(a) There is a constant quantity of tears and laughter in the world and that when one person stops laughing or crying, another can laugh or cry.
(b) Crying is a normal and natural response to pain.
(c) Everybody in the world is crying.
(d) People cry when they are unhappy.
5. Just as Act I is ending,
(a) A boy enters the stage.
(b) Estragon and Vladimir fall asleep.
(c) Estragon and Vladimir eat.
(d) Pozzo and Lucky come back.
Short Answer Questions
1. As they are preparing to leave at the end of Act I, Estragon looks at the tree and tells Vladimir that
2. In the first act, Estragon exclaims that Vladimir smells of
3. When Vladimir talks about leaving, Pozzo asks him what will happen to his appointment with Godot because he believes Godot
4. What is Estragon's reply when Vladimir tells him he cannot go barefoot in Act 1?
5. What is the fundamental relationship between Pozzo and Lucky?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)