|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 31-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Estragon is interested in understanding Lucky and wants to find out why he
(a) Doesn't want the chicken bones.
(b) Is working for Pozzo.
(c) Is waiting for Godot.
(d) Doesn't put his packages down.
2. When Pozzo tells Estragon to give Lucky his hat so Lucky can entertain them, Estragon says
(a) He won't do it because Lucky kicked him.
(b) He doesn't believe Lucky should wear a hat.
(c) Lucky already has his hat.
(d) He would be happy to do it.
3. When Estragon pushes Vladimir to tell him the story about the Englishman in the brothel, Vladimir
(a) Tells him a different story.
(b) Falls asleep.
(c) Tells Estragon the whole story.
(d) Refuses to tell the story and leaves the stage.
4. When Pozzo wants to sit down toward the end of Act I but needs help. He asks Estragon to
(a) Hold the stool steady.
(b) Bring him a chair.
(c) Invite him, repeatedly, to sit down.
(d) Help him sit down.
5. In Act 1, Pozzo asks Estragon and Vladimir how he can help them since they are having such a dull time. Estragon tells Pozzo
(a) To leave them alone.
(b) That he is hungry.
(c) That 10 francs would be fine.
(d) That he has no place to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first act, Estragon exclaims that Vladimir smells of
2. Several times during the play, the tree on stage is the subject of conversation. In the first act, Vladimir identifies the tree as a(an)
3. Pozzo tells Estragon and Vladimir that the reason Lucky won't put the packages down is that Lucky wants to
4. Upon first encountering Pozzo, Estragon wants to know if he is
5. When Pozzo asks Estragon what his name is, what name does Estragon give?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)