|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The magistrate recovers, finding himself interested in ___________ again during the new period of time in the settlement.
2. What is the magistrate deprived of when he is imprisoned for his various accusations and alleged crimes?
3. The magistrate decides it is best not to _______________ and to focus instead on what can be changed.
4. Children gather __________ which are then smoked and packed away for the coming months and seasons.
5. While the magistrate is forced to live on the street, the barbarians hide while their ____________ are being destroyed.
Essay Topic 1
The magistrate seems to use sex in order to deal with some of his feelings.
Part 1: Why do you think that the magistrate uses sex to handle his feelings?
Part 2: Do you think that the magistrate's emotional state is healthy? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think the magistrate should have used other methods to handle his feelings? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The sexual tension between the magistrate and the blind girl causes the magistrate to distance himself from the girl.
Part 1: Why do you think that the magistrate is so attracted to the blind girl?
Part 2: Does it make sense that the sexual frustration pushes the magistrate away?
Part 3: Why do you think that the magistrate and the blind girl don't just consummate their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
The men began to strike back at the Colonel, which seems to drive him away.
Part 1: Why do you think that the people felt comfortable enough to throw stones at the Colonel?
Part 2: Do you think that the people had a right to fight back against the Colonel? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think that you would ever throw stones at a political leader or other person in power?
This section contains 1,617 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)