|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The magistrate wanted to point out that it was worse to damage one's _____________ than to go ahead and to kill them.
2. What is NOT one of the magistrate's old hobbies that he takes up after deciding to swear off women?
3. When the magistrate returns to his cell, the guard warns him that he should remain silent about his ___________.
4. The magistrate thinks that his method of recording information now would include ______________ through seasons and nature.
5. The magistrate prefers to bear the ___________ himself rather than to leave it for someone else to bear.
Essay Topic 1
The magistrate decides to bring the girl back to her family as he's fed up with her and with her relationship.
Part 1: Why do you think the magistrate thought it was best to bring the girl back to her family?
Part 2: Do you think that it was a good idea for the magistrate to bring the girl back to her family? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think the magistrate's life would have been different had he not tried to bring the girl back to her family?
Essay Topic 2
The native girl became less of a human being during her torture, turning into a creature who believes in nothing.
Part 1: Why do you think the native girl became less of a human being during her torture?
Part 2: Do you think a person can become human again after suffering through torture?
Part 3: Do you think that you would become a create who believes in nothing if you were tortured? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Those in the military seem to be be paranoid about everyone and their intentions, no matter what side they seem to be on.
Part 1: Why do you think that military leaders are so suspicious of others?
Part 2: Do you think it's a good idea to be suspicious of everyone around you? Why or why not?
Part 3:How do you think that military leaders should treat each other during times of conflict?
This section contains 1,618 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)