|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the magistrate's old hobbies that he takes up after deciding to swear off women?
2. What is the magistrate deprived of when he is imprisoned for his various accusations and alleged crimes?
3. The magistrate decides all he can do is to go on living even though his journey may be ________________.
4. The magistrate gets help from the only _______________ in town who avoided burglary during the raids and the conflicts.
5. Mandel seems to be unaffected by the ____________ of other people, which puts the magistrate at odds with him.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The magistrate realizes that the law creates opportunities for both justice and injustice.
Part 1: Why do you think the law can create good and bad results?
Part 2: Do you think the law should only create opportunities for justice? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you feel about the law? Do you think it's designed always for good? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The magistrate wants to distance himself from the atrocities which are going on in the area.
Part 1: Why do you think the magistrate wants to distance himself from the horrors that are occurring?
Part 2: Would you want to distance yourself from the atrocities which were going on around you?
Part 3: Why do you think the magistrate doesn't want to fight back against those performing the torture?
Essay Topic 3
Those in the military seem to be be paranoid about everyone and their intentions, no matter what side they seem to be on.
Part 1: Why do you think that military leaders are so suspicious of others?
Part 2: Do you think it's a good idea to be suspicious of everyone around you? Why or why not?
Part 3:How do you think that military leaders should treat each other during times of conflict?
This section contains 1,618 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)