Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The magistrate wanted to point out that it was worse to damage one's _____________ than to go ahead and to kill them.
2. What is NOT one of the magistrate's old hobbies that he takes up after deciding to swear off women?
3. When the magistrate returns to his cell, the guard warns him that he should remain silent about his ___________.
4. The magistrate thinks that his method of recording information now would include ______________ through seasons and nature.
5. The magistrate prefers to bear the ___________ himself rather than to leave it for someone else to bear.
The Colonel seems to be a man who likes to torture others in order to get answers from others.
Part 1: Why do you think torture is used to get answers from others?
Part 2: Do you think that torture is an effective way to get answers from others? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think the torture is affecting the people who are not being tortured?
The journey to take the girl back to her people seems to create a lot of conflict and doubt within the group.
Part 1: Do you think the journey was necessary for the story to progress? Why or why not?
Part 2: How do you think the magistrate changes during the course of this trip?
Part 3: Do you think that the magistrate needed to go on this journey with the others? Why or why not?
The magistrate decides that it would be best to not dwell in the past and to move on in the future.
Part 1: Why do you think the magistrate wants to avoid thinking about the past?
Part 2: Do you think it's a good idea to focus only on the present? Why or why not?
Part 3: How would your life change if you were only able to focus on the present? Or wouldn't it?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)