Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The magistrate wanted to point out that it was worse to damage one's _____________ than to go ahead and to kill them.
2. What is NOT one of the magistrate's old hobbies that he takes up after deciding to swear off women?
3. When the magistrate returns to his cell, the guard warns him that he should remain silent about his ___________.
4. The magistrate thinks that his method of recording information now would include ______________ through seasons and nature.
5. The magistrate prefers to bear the ___________ himself rather than to leave it for someone else to bear.
Essay Topic 1
The men began to strike back at the Colonel, which seems to drive him away.
Part 1: Why do you think that the people felt comfortable enough to throw stones at the Colonel?
Part 2: Do you think that the people had a right to fight back against the Colonel? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think that you would ever throw stones at a political leader or other person in power?
Essay Topic 2
The magistrate wants to distance himself from the atrocities which are going on in the area.
Part 1: Why do you think the magistrate wants to distance himself from the horrors that are occurring?
Part 2: Would you want to distance yourself from the atrocities which were going on around you?
Part 3: Why do you think the magistrate doesn't want to fight back against those performing the torture?
Essay Topic 3
The magistrate decides to bring the girl back to her family as he's fed up with her and with her relationship.
Part 1: Why do you think the magistrate thought it was best to bring the girl back to her family?
Part 2: Do you think that it was a good idea for the magistrate to bring the girl back to her family? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think the magistrate's life would have been different had he not tried to bring the girl back to her family?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)