Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The magistrate wanted to point out that it was worse to damage one's _____________ than to go ahead and to kill them.
2. What is NOT one of the magistrate's old hobbies that he takes up after deciding to swear off women?
3. When the magistrate returns to his cell, the guard warns him that he should remain silent about his ___________.
4. The magistrate thinks that his method of recording information now would include ______________ through seasons and nature.
5. The magistrate prefers to bear the ___________ himself rather than to leave it for someone else to bear.
The magistrate ends up helping a girl who is blind, taking her into his home and making her his maid.
Part 1: Why do you think the magistrate wants to take in the blind girl?
Part 2: Why do you think the magistrate picks this girl out of all the others who are suffering?
Part 3: Would you have picked up a person from the side of the road to take into your home? Why or why not?
Even children are being tortured during the atrocities in this African novel.
Part 1: Why do you think that even children are being tortured during this time?
Part 2: Do you think it's right to torture children during times of war? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think children should be treated in times of war? Why?
The journey to take the girl back to her people seems to create a lot of conflict and doubt within the group.
Part 1: Do you think the journey was necessary for the story to progress? Why or why not?
Part 2: How do you think the magistrate changes during the course of this trip?
Part 3: Do you think that the magistrate needed to go on this journey with the others? Why or why not?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)