|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The magistrate is ashamed of the impact that the Empire had on the _____________________.
2. More ____________ are built for the barbarians tortured in front of their relatives as the story goes on.
3. What does the magistrate end up suffering through when he sneaks into a girl's bedroom in order to hide?
4. The officer the magistrate has spoken with seems to be equally capable of ___________ as of fulfilling his duties.
5. The barbarians like to hide in the _________________ and wait for the soldiers to go away.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The native girl became less of a human being during her torture, turning into a creature who believes in nothing.
Part 1: Why do you think the native girl became less of a human being during her torture?
Part 2: Do you think a person can become human again after suffering through torture?
Part 3: Do you think that you would become a create who believes in nothing if you were tortured? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The magistrate realizes that the law creates opportunities for both justice and injustice.
Part 1: Why do you think the law can create good and bad results?
Part 2: Do you think the law should only create opportunities for justice? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you feel about the law? Do you think it's designed always for good? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The magistrate decides to bring the girl back to her family as he's fed up with her and with her relationship.
Part 1: Why do you think the magistrate thought it was best to bring the girl back to her family?
Part 2: Do you think that it was a good idea for the magistrate to bring the girl back to her family? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think the magistrate's life would have been different had he not tried to bring the girl back to her family?
This section contains 1,625 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)