|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the magistrate end up escaping from his prison cell one day, though he returns later on?
2. The magistrate recovers, finding himself interested in ___________ again during the new period of time in the settlement.
3. While the magistrate is forced to live on the street, the barbarians hide while their ____________ are being destroyed.
4. What is NOT one of the things the magistrate feels the Empire is condoning as a part of this conflicted time?
5. The girl that the magistrate loved became less and less of a ___________ when she was being tortured by the army.
Essay Topic 1
The magistrate ends up helping a girl who is blind, taking her into his home and making her his maid.
Part 1: Why do you think the magistrate wants to take in the blind girl?
Part 2: Why do you think the magistrate picks this girl out of all the others who are suffering?
Part 3: Would you have picked up a person from the side of the road to take into your home? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The magistrate decides to bring the girl back to her family as he's fed up with her and with her relationship.
Part 1: Why do you think the magistrate thought it was best to bring the girl back to her family?
Part 2: Do you think that it was a good idea for the magistrate to bring the girl back to her family? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think the magistrate's life would have been different had he not tried to bring the girl back to her family?
Essay Topic 3
The magistrate seems to use sex in order to deal with some of his feelings.
Part 1: Why do you think that the magistrate uses sex to handle his feelings?
Part 2: Do you think that the magistrate's emotional state is healthy? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think the magistrate should have used other methods to handle his feelings? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,635 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)