|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some of the ____________ decide to leave because of the rumors which begin to spread in the settlement.
2. What is NOT one of the magistrate's old hobbies that he takes up after deciding to swear off women?
(a) Looking at ancient writing.
(b) Collecting bones.
(c) Deciphering writing.
(d) Collecting stones.
3. ________________ Mandel want the magistrate to get back to work in the settlement, according to the story.
4. The _________ is set to assure protection cleaning the river banks at the same time for the army and its members.
5. The barbarians like to hide in the _________________ and wait for the soldiers to go away.
Short Answer Questions
1. More ____________ are built for the barbarians tortured in front of their relatives as the story goes on.
2. Children gather __________ which are then smoked and packed away for the coming months and seasons.
3. The magistrate would have to consider performing his duties with caution as __________________ is quickly forgotten in outback places.
4. The magistrate thinks that his method of recording information now would include ______________ through seasons and nature.
5. The magistrate tries to explain that the people who live in the huts hide from the barbarians in the ______________.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)