|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the magistrate is forced to live on the street, the barbarians hide while their ____________ are being destroyed.
2. When the magistrate returns to his cell, the guard warns him that he should remain silent about his ___________.
(c) Sex life.
3. The magistrate wanted to point out that it was worse to damage one's _____________ than to go ahead and to kill them.
4. When the magistrate tells Mandel that he is still awaiting trial, the magistrate learns there are no ____________ of him at all.
5. The barbarians inspire fear which then turns into _____________ when they come at night and steal things they need.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the magistrate leaves the girl's apartment, he proceeds toward the ____________ gate where he goes unrecognized.
2. The magistrate is also accused of making a trip to inform the ___________________ about the campaign against them.
3. The girl that the magistrate loved became less and less of a ___________ when she was being tortured by the army.
4. The magistrate learns that no one knows what happened to the ____________ who were unable to stay together.
5. What is NOT one of the magistrate's old hobbies that he takes up after deciding to swear off women?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the magistrate at odds with Mandel the policeman in the city where he is living?
2. What do the people learn about the barbarians who lured the army into the desert?
3. What does the magistrate think he might write down if he were to write a record of the imperial post?
4. What does the magistrate begin to believe about the consistency of the law as seen in the cases he has previously conducted?
5. What happens to the barbarians when they are locked up in their cells, according to the events the magistrate has witnessed?
6. What happens when the magistrate shouts out in protest during some tortures?
7. What happens to the magistrate as a result of not having any activities to do during his captivity?
8. What happens with the fire that is being set along the riverbanks?
9. What are some of the hobbies that the magistrate goes back to after visiting and sleeping with Mai?
10. What does the magistrate witness when he leaves the settlement and gets through the gate to get to the lakeside?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)