|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the magistrate is forced to live on the street, the barbarians hide while their ____________ are being destroyed.
2. When the magistrate shouts in protest of what is happening, a solider hits him in the _______________.
(b) Cheek bone.
3. No one wants to ___________ after the fishermen claim to have seen the barbarians nearby in the area.
(a) Gather wood.
(b) Gather water.
(c) Leave town.
4. Even when one of the soldiers is injured during the search for barbarians, the only soldiers just ____________ in response.
(c) Torture him.
5. How does the magistrate end up escaping from his prison cell one day, though he returns later on?
(a) He dug a hole outside.
(b) He tricked a guard.
(c) He picked the lock.
(d) Open window.
Short Answer Questions
1. The barbarians appear in other places, being cheated as they try to trade with _____________, according to the magistrate's observations.
2. What is NOT one of the things the soldiers bring with them when they depart the settlement with Mandel?
3. The _________ is set to assure protection cleaning the river banks at the same time for the army and its members.
4. The magistrate would have to consider performing his duties with caution as __________________ is quickly forgotten in outback places.
5. The girl that the magistrate loved became less and less of a ___________ when she was being tortured by the army.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the magistrate learn when he finally gets through the gate in order to leave?
2. Why does Colonel Joll come to the town where the magistrate is now in control?
3. What happens when the magistrate falls asleep in the room of one of the girls he used to sleep with?
4. What happens to the barbarians when they are locked up in their cells, according to the events the magistrate has witnessed?
5. When does the magistrate believe the barbarians might be able to be defeated?
6. How does the magistrate suffer when he is imprisoned during his time in his cell?
7. What is regarded as the only form of protection from the barbarians, causing the town to shift in terms of population and control?
8. What does the magistrate attempt to do in order to control his erections?
9. What begins to spread among the soldiers as the rumors of the barbarians begin to spread more rapidly?
10. Why doesn't anyone want to gather wood in the area where the magistrate is now in control?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)