|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The native girl, as she was tortured, turned into a creature who believes in ______________, only awaiting her end.
2. The magistrate's sexual tension remains, even though he used ____________ to help combat the problem.
3. Where does Mandel hit the magistrate when the magistrate speaks up with his query in question #130?
4. Men who dig wells in the area find __________________ behind the barracks in a place that seems to be a grave.
(a) Women's bones.
(b) Children's bones.
5. The magistrate wanted to point out that it was worse to damage one's _____________ than to go ahead and to kill them.
Short Answer Questions
1. The magistrate is also accused of making a trip to inform the ___________________ about the campaign against them.
2. The magistrate decides all he can do is to go on living even though his journey may be ________________.
3. The magistrate gets help from the only _______________ in town who avoided burglary during the raids and the conflicts.
4. The girl that the magistrate loved became less and less of a ___________ when she was being tortured by the army.
5. What is NOT one of the magistrate's old hobbies that he takes up after deciding to swear off women?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the magistrate meets up with the warrant officer from the Third Bureau?
2. What does the Colonel do to the natives who have their cheeks wired and their wrists wired?
3. What does the magistrate try to explain to the soldiers about the huts and the people who live in them?
4. What happens with the fire that is being set along the riverbanks?
5. What does Mai tell the magistrate about the girl who used to live with him there?
6. What happens to the way the magistrate looks at the girl who he used to take pity on when she is tortured?
7. What happens to the barbarians when they are locked up in their cells, according to the events the magistrate has witnessed?
8. What do the men who are digging the wells find when they are beginning the process of constructing new wells?
9. Why does Colonel Joll come to the town where the magistrate is now in control?
10. What does the magistrate advise the people of the town to do in order to make it through the winter?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)