|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Mandel's speech, some of his men return with ___________, including hens and cocks which are placed into the oven.
(a) Fresh supplies.
(c) New weapons.
(d) Stolen goods.
2. The barbarians lured the army into the ____________ cutting the horses loose along the way and vanished.
3. The magistrate does not think his record in the imperial post would include a recollection of _______________.
4. What does the magistrate notice that makes him realize that he can not survive there?
(a) A raging illness.
(b) Ruined crops.
(c) The many guards.
(d) A barren silo.
5. With _________ men guarding the town, the magistrate assumes the leadership in town along with legal administration.
Short Answer Questions
1. The magistrate finds out that one of the charges against him involves __________ irregularities.
2. The magistrate tries to explain that the people who live in the huts hide from the barbarians in the ______________.
3. The magistrate meets with a ____________ from the Third Bureau who decides to accuse him of siding with the enemy.
4. Even when one of the soldiers is injured during the search for barbarians, the only soldiers just ____________ in response.
5. The magistrate wanted to point out that it was worse to damage one's _____________ than to go ahead and to kill them.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Colonel do to the natives who have their cheeks wired and their wrists wired?
2. What does the magistrate think he might write down if he were to write a record of the imperial post?
3. What are some of the hobbies that the magistrate goes back to after visiting and sleeping with Mai?
4. What does the magistrate learn when he finally gets through the gate in order to leave?
5. What happens to the barbarians when they are locked up in their cells, according to the events the magistrate has witnessed?
6. What do the people learn about the barbarians who lured the army into the desert?
7. What does the magistrate advise the people of the town to do in order to make it through the winter?
8. What does the magistrate learn about his status when he says he cannot be in power because he is awaiting trial?
9. What does the magistrate try to explain to the soldiers about the huts and the people who live in them?
10. What happens when the magistrate falls asleep in the room of one of the girls he used to sleep with?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)