|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The magistrate thinks the ___________ creates opportunities for both justice and injustice.
(a) Soldier's code.
(d) Barbaric conflict.
2. Unhappy with their relationship, the native girl used to ____________ to deal with the confusion and the pain.
(a) Sleep with other men.
(b) Run away.
(c) Take drugs.
3. The magistrate does not think his record in the imperial post would include a recollection of _______________.
4. The magistrate finds it difficult to get used to ______________ in the humiliation of his imprisonment.
(a) Having company.
(b) Not having anything to do.
(c) Simple food.
(d) Sharing a room.
5. When the magistrate tells Mandel that he is still awaiting trial, the magistrate learns there are no ____________ of him at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. The magistrate is released from prison without any means of ____________ at this time.
2. The girl that the magistrate loved became less and less of a ___________ when she was being tortured by the army.
3. What is NOT one of the things the magistrate feels the Empire is condoning as a part of this conflicted time?
4. More ____________ are built for the barbarians tortured in front of their relatives as the story goes on.
5. What happens to the magistrate when he makes the accusation he does in #92?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the magistrate attempt to do in order to control his erections?
2. When does the magistrate believe the barbarians might be able to be defeated?
3. What do the men who are digging the wells find when they are beginning the process of constructing new wells?
4. What begins to spread among the soldiers as the rumors of the barbarians begin to spread more rapidly?
5. What do the people learn about the barbarians who lured the army into the desert?
6. How do the barbarians inspire fear which eventually turns into paranoia?
7. Why doesn't anyone want to gather wood in the area where the magistrate is now in control?
8. Why does Colonel Joll come to the town where the magistrate is now in control?
9. What happens to the magistrate as a result of not having any activities to do during his captivity?
10. What does Mai tell the magistrate about the girl who used to live with him there?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)