|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The barbarians appear in other places, being cheated as they try to trade with _____________, according to the magistrate's observations.
2. The magistrate realizes that visiting the women was a mistake and that he should just _________________.
(a) Be quiet.
(b) Mind his own business.
(c) Make his own decisions.
(d) Sleep alone.
3. Some of the ____________ decide to leave because of the rumors which begin to spread in the settlement.
4. Colonel Joll approaches the prisoners and uses dust to write the word ______________ on their backs.
5. The troops return from their mission with the natives who have their cheeks and their wrists ____________.
(b) Cut off.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the magistrate leaves the girl's apartment, he proceeds toward the ____________ gate where he goes unrecognized.
2. The magistrate would have to consider performing his duties with caution as __________________ is quickly forgotten in outback places.
3. The magistrate's sexual tension remains, even though he used ____________ to help combat the problem.
4. No one wants to ___________ after the fishermen claim to have seen the barbarians nearby in the area.
5. What does the magistrate demand in order to answer the accusations which are made against him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the magistrate learn when he finally gets through the gate in order to leave?
2. What do the men who are digging the wells find when they are beginning the process of constructing new wells?
3. When does the magistrate believe the barbarians might be able to be defeated?
4. What does the magistrate begin to believe about the consistency of the law as seen in the cases he has previously conducted?
5. What does the magistrate advise the people of the town to do in order to make it through the winter?
6. What happens to the magistrate as a result of not having any activities to do during his captivity?
7. What happens when the magistrate meets up with the warrant officer from the Third Bureau?
8. What do the people learn about the barbarians who lured the army into the desert?
9. Why doesn't anyone want to gather wood in the area where the magistrate is now in control?
10. Why is the magistrate at odds with Mandel the policeman in the city where he is living?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)