|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the magistrate when he makes the accusation he does in #92?
(a) He is promoted.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He is sent away.
(d) He is imprisoned.
2. The troops return from their mission with the natives who have their cheeks and their wrists ____________.
(b) Cut off.
3. What does the magistrate notice that makes him realize that he can not survive there?
(a) A barren silo.
(b) Ruined crops.
(c) The many guards.
(d) A raging illness.
4. When the magistrate leaves the girl's apartment, he proceeds toward the ____________ gate where he goes unrecognized.
5. More ____________ are built for the barbarians tortured in front of their relatives as the story goes on.
(c) Prison cells.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the guards tighten the wires of the prisoners, they then force the prisoners to _____________ in the area where they are taken.
2. The magistrate realizes that visiting the women was a mistake and that he should just _________________.
3. The _____________ control the town, being regarded as the only protection from the barbarians who still threaten the area.
4. What does the magistrate end up suffering through when he sneaks into a girl's bedroom in order to hide?
5. The girl the magistrate seeks out is helping her ______________ while taking care of her babies.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the magistrate think he might write down if he were to write a record of the imperial post?
2. What does the magistrate begin to believe about the consistency of the law as seen in the cases he has previously conducted?
3. What does the Colonel do to the natives who have their cheeks wired and their wrists wired?
4. What is regarded as the only form of protection from the barbarians, causing the town to shift in terms of population and control?
5. What does the magistrate learn when he finally gets through the gate in order to leave?
6. How do the barbarians inspire fear which eventually turns into paranoia?
7. What happens when the magistrate meets up with the warrant officer from the Third Bureau?
8. What is the magistrate feeling regret about as he is settling into a new life of survival?
9. What does the magistrate witness when he leaves the settlement and gets through the gate to get to the lakeside?
10. Why doesn't anyone want to gather wood in the area where the magistrate is now in control?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)