|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the magistrate notice that makes him realize that he can not survive there?
(a) A barren silo.
(b) Ruined crops.
(c) A raging illness.
(d) The many guards.
2. ______________ who pass by every now and then move them as if the soldiers move the items as though the soldiers moved.
3. Where does Mandel hit the magistrate when the magistrate speaks up with his query in question #130?
4. The barbarians inspire fear which then turns into _____________ when they come at night and steal things they need.
5. The magistrate finds it difficult to get used to ______________ in the humiliation of his imprisonment.
(a) Simple food.
(b) Not having anything to do.
(c) Having company.
(d) Sharing a room.
Short Answer Questions
1. No one wants to ___________ after the fishermen claim to have seen the barbarians nearby in the area.
2. Some of the ____________ decide to leave because of the rumors which begin to spread in the settlement.
3. Children gather __________ which are then smoked and packed away for the coming months and seasons.
4. The magistrate is ashamed of the impact that the Empire had on the _____________________.
5. The barbarians appear in other places, being cheated as they try to trade with _____________, according to the magistrate's observations.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the magistrate as a result of not having any activities to do during his captivity?
2. How does the magistrate suffer when he is imprisoned during his time in his cell?
3. What do the people learn about the barbarians who lured the army into the desert?
4. What does the magistrate try to explain to the soldiers about the huts and the people who live in them?
5. What does the magistrate advise the people of the town to do in order to make it through the winter?
6. What is regarded as the only form of protection from the barbarians, causing the town to shift in terms of population and control?
7. What are some of the hobbies that the magistrate goes back to after visiting and sleeping with Mai?
8. What happens to the barbarians when they are locked up in their cells, according to the events the magistrate has witnessed?
9. What does the magistrate think he might write down if he were to write a record of the imperial post?
10. What does the magistrate attempt to do in order to control his erections?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)