|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The _____________ control the town, being regarded as the only protection from the barbarians who still threaten the area.
2. The magistrate's lack of ___________ encourages endless analysis of what's happened and what might happen.
3. The magistrate realizes that visiting the women was a mistake and that he should just _________________.
(a) Be quiet.
(b) Make his own decisions.
(c) Mind his own business.
(d) Sleep alone.
4. The ___________ that the barbarians arm against their invaders spread, encouraging angst and conflicts among the people.
5. The magistrate asks Mandel how he can __________ and get on with his life as the people are being tortured.
Short Answer Questions
1. The barbarians like to hide in the _________________ and wait for the soldiers to go away.
2. Where does Mandel hit the magistrate when the magistrate speaks up with his query in question #130?
3. Unable to defend themselves, the barbarians are vulnerable and deprived of their _______________ as a result.
4. The magistrate thinks that his method of recording information now would include ______________ through seasons and nature.
5. The magistrate advises everyone to grow _________ so that they can survive the winter and attacks.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)