|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Without informing anyone, the magistrate takes ___________ soldiers and heads into the mountains on the trip.
2. Is the girl who works for the magistrate completely blind because of her interrogation torture?
(a) Yes, but she's hopeful it will heal.
(d) She was always blind.
3. When the winter finally ends, the ___________ trapping can begin again, according to this section of the story.
4. What kind of uprising is a part of the rumors which are being investigated in the area where the magistrate is?
5. The Colonel brings back a large group of prisoners who turn out to be a group of _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The magistrate separates their _____________ and begins to resume his normal social life.
2. Where are the prisoners placed in order to keep them from escaping from the colonial town?
3. The magistrate realizes that one of the family members has been ________________, but the evidence was hidden.
4. What is the magistrate reaching, which makes the reader think that he might be older than others in the book?
5. Who does the group encounter on their tenth day of traveling in the wilderness?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the magistrate unable to remain uninvolved during the alleged barbarian uprising?
2. What happens when there is little food left after eight days of travel in the mountains?
3. What makes the blind girl on the street even more pitiful to the magistrate when he sees her for the first time?
4. Why does the magistrate want to notify the Bureau about the trip that he is taking with the girl?
5. Why does the blind girl leave the magistrate's house after he offers her a job in his home?
6. Why was Colonel Joll send to the area where the Magistrate is in charge at the start of the story?
7. What is the result of the raid that the Colonel tries to arrange with the help of the boy who he has interrogated?
8. What does the magistrate find about the girl when they are performing the bathing ritual together day after day?
9. What does the magistrate feel about the blind girl he sees on the street at the beginning of this section of the book?
10. What happens with the girl as they continue on their trip together through the mountains?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)