|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the magistrate worry will hurt the girl once it begins to take hold of the area?
(a) Barbarian uprising.
(d) The Colonel.
2. The magistrate becomes frustrated with the bathing ritual which makes him feel ___________ without bringing results.
3. The magistrate realizes that one of the family members has been ________________, but the evidence was hidden.
(c) Let go.
4. The relationship the magistrate has with the __________ remains the same - distant and indifferent.
5. What is the magistrate reaching, which makes the reader think that he might be older than others in the book?
(c) His admiral position.
(d) A new home.
Short Answer Questions
1. The magistrate finds the blind girl to be ___________________ and unresponsive when he tries to connect with her.
2. What does the group end up losing in the winds of a fierce storm, never to recover it again?
3. The group continues to experience tough conditions, with _________ entering their clothing and their baggage as they travel.
4. ______________wants to distance himself from all of the killing before his retirement begins to be a reality.
5. The magistrate believes that his trip could be seen as a way to restore good relationships with the ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of the raid that the Colonel tries to arrange with the help of the boy who he has interrogated?
2. What are some of the hobbies that the magistrate decides to take up again even though he should be preparing for attacks?
3. What does the magistrate decide to do as he feels frustrated with the relationship between him and he girl?
4. What happens when the group encounters a strong storm right before they reach the mountains?
5. What happens when the magistrate falls asleep in the room of one of the girls he used to sleep with?
6. How does the magistrate suffer when he is imprisoned during his time in his cell?
7. What does the magistrate begin to believe about the consistency of the law as seen in the cases he has previously conducted?
8. Why does Colonel Joll come to the town where the magistrate is now in control?
9. What do the magistrate and the four soldiers do in order to make the trip to the mountains a bit shorter?
10. What does the magistrate feel about the blind girl he sees on the street at the beginning of this section of the book?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)