|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the prisoners placed in order to keep them from escaping from the colonial town?
2. Who does the magistrate find to be sleeping when he visits the family the following day?
3. Who does the magistrate blame for all of the trouble that is happening among the people who are prisoners?
(a) The Colonel.
(b) The Admiral.
(d) The President.
4. The magistrate finds the blind girl to be ___________________ and unresponsive when he tries to connect with her.
5. ___________ avoids sleeping with the others in the same tent on the way back from their trip.
(a) The lead soldier.
(b) The girl.
(c) The injured soldier.
(d) The magistrate.
Short Answer Questions
1. The magistrate is upset about incidents between the soldiers and the prisoners especially when _________________.
2. What does one of the soldiers injure on their way back to the settlement after the journey?
3. What does the magistrate offer in exchange for the horses of the barbarians, though they refuse to do so?
4. Without informing anyone, the magistrate takes ___________ soldiers and heads into the mountains on the trip.
5. The Colonel uses the _____________ to organize a raid on the barbarians and to begin fighting back in the uprising.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of the raid that the Colonel tries to arrange with the help of the boy who he has interrogated?
2. What do the magistrate and the four soldiers do in order to make the trip to the mountains a bit shorter?
3. Why does the magistrate want to notify the Bureau about the trip that he is taking with the girl?
4. What does the magistrate doubt about the Empire, as he thinks about the way they are handling the barbarians?
5. What are some of the hobbies that the magistrate decides to take up again even though he should be preparing for attacks?
6. What does the magistrate find when he goes to visit the family who has been tortured by the Colonel?
7. What happens with the girl as they continue on their trip together through the mountains?
8. Why does the magistrate decide to offer the blind girl a chance to work in his home for the winter?
9. What does the magistrate decide to do as he feels frustrated with the relationship between him and he girl?
10. Why was Colonel Joll send to the area where the Magistrate is in charge at the start of the story?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)