|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the actual destination of the prisoner(s) that was passing when this person or persons were picked up for interrogation?
(c) Family house.
2. The magistrate wants __________ to make up their mind about whether they want to stay with the group or head back to the settlement.
(a) The soldier.
(b) The girl
(c) His horse.
(d) A wise man.
3. The magistrate wants to inform the ___________ about the trip he is going to take with the girl, but decides to not do so.
4. What did the torturers use in order to blind the girl who is now working for the magistrate in his home?
(a) Hot water.
(c) Hot fork-like tools.
5. The magistrate is upset about incidents between the soldiers and the prisoners especially when _________________.
(a) The sun sets.
(b) The meals are served.
(c) One of the babies dies.
(d) The guns go missing.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Colonel brings back a large group of prisoners who turn out to be a group of _______________.
2. Who becomes more open as the journey progresses, conversing with the soldiers freely?
3. Who is killed when he/she tries to protect another part of his/her family during an interrogation session?
4. What is NOT one of the hobbies that the magistrate returns to once the weather begins to turn cooler?
5. The group begins their journey by traveling to the ___________ and then the valleys, where the nomads usually travel.
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the blind girl on the street even more pitiful to the magistrate when he sees her for the first time?
2. What do the magistrate and the four soldiers do in order to make the trip to the mountains a bit shorter?
3. Why does the blind girl leave the magistrate's house after he offers her a job in his home?
4. What does the magistrate doubt about the Empire, as he thinks about the way they are handling the barbarians?
5. What happens when the girl in the group gets her period and is unable to hide it from the others?
6. What does the magistrate feel about the blind girl he sees on the street at the beginning of this section of the book?
7. What happens to the feelings the magistrate has about the girl as their journey continues on?
8. Why is the magistrate unable to remain uninvolved during the alleged barbarian uprising?
9. What does the blind girl admit to the magistrate as the reason why she stays with him?
10. Why does the magistrate want to notify the Bureau about the trip that he is taking with the girl?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)