|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grows after the men begin to realize the purpose of the trip to the barbarians?
2. The boy admits to theft of __________ and arming by his clan during the torture by the Colonel.
3. The soldiers carry _____________ and try to conserve food and water the best they can as they travel.
(b) First aid equipment.
4. What is the name of the Colonel who likes to interrogate people of interest by using harsh torture methods?
5. What does the magistrate worry will hurt the girl once it begins to take hold of the area?
(a) Barbarian uprising.
(b) The Colonel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the group encounter on their tenth day of traveling in the wilderness?
2. The magistrate decides it's going to be best to take the girl back to _______________.
3. The magistrate finds a blind girl begging on the street for ____________ on a cold winter day.
4. The magistrate questions whether he really is attracted to the blind girl or if he feels _____________ about her torture.
5. What does one of the soldiers injure on their way back to the settlement after the journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the magistrate and the four soldiers do in order to make the trip to the mountains a bit shorter?
2. Why does the blind girl leave the magistrate's house after he offers her a job in his home?
3. What happens to the feelings the magistrate has about the girl as their journey continues on?
4. What happens when the group encounters a strong storm right before they reach the mountains?
5. What does the boy admit to when he is being interrogated by the Colonel during the beginning of the book?
6. What happens to the family that the Colonel wants to interrogate when they come into town?
7. When does the magistrate ask about the injuries the girl has suffered once she is back in his home?
8. Why was Colonel Joll send to the area where the Magistrate is in charge at the start of the story?
9. Why does the magistrate want to notify the Bureau about the trip that he is taking with the girl?
10. What does the magistrate decide to do as he feels frustrated with the relationship between him and he girl?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)