|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the one being tortured which causes the person from #16 to react in the way that he/she does?
2. The magistrate has disagreements with the _____________ while new conscripts arrive to replace old soldiers.
(a) The military.
(b) His wife.
(c) The hired help.
(d) His lover.
3. What did the torturers use in order to blind the girl who is now working for the magistrate in his home?
(a) Hot fork-like tools.
(b) Hot water.
4. The magistrate questions whether he really is attracted to the blind girl or if he feels _____________ about her torture.
5. Due to her injured ____________, the girl needs to use sticks in order to get around from place to place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is the girl who works for the magistrate completely blind because of her interrogation torture?
2. The barbarians are not interested in the ___________ they used to engage in until they started drinking and causing trouble.
3. What is NOT one of the hobbies that the magistrate returns to once the weather begins to turn cooler?
4. The blind girl admits that she stays with the magistrate because she has no ______________________.
5. What happens as the blind girl refuses to talk about her injuries as the magistrate asks her about them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the magistrate want to notify the Bureau about the trip that he is taking with the girl?
2. Why does the blind girl leave the magistrate's house after he offers her a job in his home?
3. What are some of the hobbies that the magistrate decides to take up again even though he should be preparing for attacks?
4. What happens when the group encounters some indigenous people as they are traveling on the tenth day?
5. Why does the magistrate decide to offer the blind girl a chance to work in his home for the winter?
6. What happens to the family that the Colonel wants to interrogate when they come into town?
7. Why was Colonel Joll send to the area where the Magistrate is in charge at the start of the story?
8. Why is the magistrate unable to remain uninvolved during the alleged barbarian uprising?
9. What makes the blind girl on the street even more pitiful to the magistrate when he sees her for the first time?
10. What does the magistrate decide to do as he feels frustrated with the relationship between him and he girl?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)