|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of the soldiers injure on their way back to the settlement after the journey?
(a) His foot.
(b) His back.
(c) His head.
(d) His wrist.
2. What does the magistrate do for the girl when he goes out to find her on the streets after she runs away again?
(b) Washes her and bandages her.
(c) Locks her in her room.
(d) Gives her more money.
3. What kind of uprising is a part of the rumors which are being investigated in the area where the magistrate is?
4. ___________ avoids sleeping with the others in the same tent on the way back from their trip.
(a) The girl.
(b) The lead soldier.
(c) The magistrate.
(d) The injured soldier.
5. Where are the prisoners placed in order to keep them from escaping from the colonial town?
Short Answer Questions
1. The group begins their journey by traveling to the ___________ and then the valleys, where the nomads usually travel.
2. Even after the magistrate _____________________, he still questions whether he really wants to have her.
3. Without informing anyone, the magistrate takes ___________ soldiers and heads into the mountains on the trip.
4. A magistrate is in charge of administering the _____________ in a colonial town at the start of this story.
5. The nomads would usually follow the _____________ on the path the magistrate and the soldiers are starting to follow.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the magistrate decide to do as he feels frustrated with the relationship between him and he girl?
2. What happens to the family that the Colonel wants to interrogate when they come into town?
3. What does the magistrate find when he goes to visit the family who has been tortured by the Colonel?
4. What does the magistrate want the girl to make her own decision about when it comes to the end of the journey?
5. What happens when the group encounters some indigenous people as they are traveling on the tenth day?
6. Why does the blind girl leave the magistrate's house after he offers her a job in his home?
7. What is the difference between the communication style of the magistrate and the blind girl in his home?
8. Why is the magistrate nervous about leaving his position even as he is approaching retirement?
9. What happens to the feelings the magistrate has about the girl as their journey continues on?
10. Why does the magistrate decide to offer the blind girl a chance to work in his home for the winter?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)