|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Various measures are undertaken in anticipation of barbarian attacks, such as ___________ and vigilance.
2. The group continues to experience tough conditions, with _________ entering their clothing and their baggage as they travel.
3. Who seems to have injuries which are inconsistent to those mentioned on the interrogation report?
4. With the alleged barbarian uprising, the magistrate is unable to remain _______________ in the issues which take place.
5. When the blind girl finally tells the magistrate that she is willing to ____________, he finds himself to be indifferent.
(a) Marry him.
(c) Work harder.
(d) Have sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. The magistrate is worried about the __________ of the girl while also being attracted to her beauty.
2. The barbarians stay away from the town during the winter months, dealing with the _____________.
3. The barbarians are not interested in the ___________ they used to engage in until they started drinking and causing trouble.
4. The girl says that she doesn't like _____________ and wants to stay with her own people.
5. When the group returns back to the settlement, they are greeted by a group of ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the blind girl on the street even more pitiful to the magistrate when he sees her for the first time?
2. What does the boy admit to when he is being interrogated by the Colonel during the beginning of the book?
3. What does the magistrate doubt about the Empire, as he thinks about the way they are handling the barbarians?
4. Why does the magistrate want to notify the Bureau about the trip that he is taking with the girl?
5. When does the magistrate ask about the injuries the girl has suffered once she is back in his home?
6. Why does the magistrate think that barbarians are always causing trouble, though they avoid fighting in the winter months?
7. What happens to the family that the Colonel wants to interrogate when they come into town?
8. What does the blind girl admit to the magistrate as the reason why she stays with him?
9. What happens when there is little food left after eight days of travel in the mountains?
10. What is the result of the raid that the Colonel tries to arrange with the help of the boy who he has interrogated?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)