|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the magistrate blame for all of the trouble that is happening among the people who are prisoners?
(a) The Admiral.
(c) The Colonel.
(d) The President.
2. What does the magistrate offer in exchange for the horses of the barbarians, though they refuse to do so?
3. The boy admits to theft of __________ and arming by his clan during the torture by the Colonel.
4. What does one of the soldiers injure on their way back to the settlement after the journey?
(a) His back.
(b) His wrist.
(c) His foot.
(d) His head.
5. When the blind girl finally tells the magistrate that she is willing to ____________, he finds himself to be indifferent.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Work harder.
(d) Have sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first direction in which the magistrate and his men begin to travel with the girl?
2. Who has sent the Colonel to the area where the magistrate is in charge so that he can look into rumors that have spread?
3. Who does the magistrate find to be sleeping when he visits the family the following day?
4. The blind girl seems to communicate __________ while the magistrate seems to focus on communicating nuances.
5. The barbarians are not interested in the ___________ they used to engage in until they started drinking and causing trouble.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the magistrate decide to offer the blind girl a chance to work in his home for the winter?
2. What are some of the hobbies that the magistrate decides to take up again even though he should be preparing for attacks?
3. What happens when the magistrate falls asleep in the room of one of the girls he used to sleep with?
4. What does the blind girl admit to the magistrate as the reason why she stays with him?
5. What does the magistrate decide to do as he feels frustrated with the relationship between him and he girl?
6. When does the magistrate ask about the injuries the girl has suffered once she is back in his home?
7. What do the magistrate and the four soldiers do in order to make the trip to the mountains a bit shorter?
8. Why is the magistrate unable to remain uninvolved during the alleged barbarian uprising?
9. What happens with the girl as they continue on their trip together through the mountains?
10. Why is the magistrate nervous about leaving his position even as he is approaching retirement?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)