|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the group encounter on their tenth day of traveling in the wilderness?
(a) The Bureau.
(b) The women's family.
(c) The barbarians.
(d) The army.
2. The group begins their journey by traveling to the ___________ and then the valleys, where the nomads usually travel.
3. Once the group leaves the lake conditions, they have to kill one of ______________ that refuses to rise from the ground.
(a) The goats.
(b) Their horses.
(c) The men.
(d) The women.
4. ___________ avoids sleeping with the others in the same tent on the way back from their trip.
(a) The injured soldier.
(b) The lead soldier.
(c) The magistrate.
(d) The girl.
5. The magistrate believes that his trip could be seen as a way to restore good relationships with the ______________.
(b) Norse folk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over time, the magistrate begins to feel less attracted to ____________ and questions why she's in his house.
2. A magistrate is in charge of administering the _____________ in a colonial town at the start of this story.
3. What does the magistrate offer in exchange for the horses of the barbarians, though they refuse to do so?
4. What does the magistrate worry will hurt the girl once it begins to take hold of the area?
5. Who seems to have injuries which are inconsistent to those mentioned on the interrogation report?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when there is little food left after eight days of travel in the mountains?
2. What does the magistrate decide to do as he feels frustrated with the relationship between him and he girl?
3. Why does the magistrate think that barbarians are always causing trouble, though they avoid fighting in the winter months?
4. What makes the blind girl on the street even more pitiful to the magistrate when he sees her for the first time?
5. Why is the magistrate nervous about leaving his position even as he is approaching retirement?
6. What do the magistrate and the four soldiers do in order to make the trip to the mountains a bit shorter?
7. What does the magistrate find about the girl when they are performing the bathing ritual together day after day?
8. What happens when the group encounters a strong storm right before they reach the mountains?
9. What is the difference between the communication style of the magistrate and the blind girl in his home?
10. What is the result of the raid that the Colonel tries to arrange with the help of the boy who he has interrogated?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)