|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to shorten their trip, the magistrate and the soldiers decide to take a path that has ___________________.
(a) Underground portions.
(b) Never been previously attempted.
(c) Been used quite often.
(d) Clean water.
2. What does the magistrate offer in exchange for the horses of the barbarians, though they refuse to do so?
3. The blind girl seems to communicate __________ while the magistrate seems to focus on communicating nuances.
4. What grows after the men begin to realize the purpose of the trip to the barbarians?
5. What is the magistrate reaching, which makes the reader think that he might be older than others in the book?
(a) His admiral position.
(d) A new home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first direction in which the magistrate and his men begin to travel with the girl?
2. The boy admits to theft of __________ and arming by his clan during the torture by the Colonel.
3. The magistrate wants to inform the ___________ about the trip he is going to take with the girl, but decides to not do so.
4. Due to her injured ____________, the girl needs to use sticks in order to get around from place to place.
5. What happens as the blind girl refuses to talk about her injuries as the magistrate asks her about them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the group encounters some indigenous people as they are traveling on the tenth day?
2. What do the magistrate and the four soldiers do in order to make the trip to the mountains a bit shorter?
3. What is the result of the raid that the Colonel tries to arrange with the help of the boy who he has interrogated?
4. What happens when there is little food left after eight days of travel in the mountains?
5. What happens with the girl as they continue on their trip together through the mountains?
6. What does the magistrate want the girl to make her own decision about when it comes to the end of the journey?
7. Why does the blind girl leave the magistrate's house after he offers her a job in his home?
8. Why is the magistrate nervous about leaving his position even as he is approaching retirement?
9. What does the magistrate decide to do as he feels frustrated with the relationship between him and he girl?
10. What does the magistrate doubt about the Empire, as he thinks about the way they are handling the barbarians?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)