|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes more open as the journey progresses, conversing with the soldiers freely?
(a) The magistrate.
(b) The nurse.
(c) The girl.
(d) The leader.
2. With the alleged barbarian uprising, the magistrate is unable to remain _______________ in the issues which take place.
3. What does the magistrate offer in exchange for the horses of the barbarians, though they refuse to do so?
4. The magistrate becomes frustrated with the bathing ritual which makes him feel ___________ without bringing results.
5. The soldiers carry _____________ and try to conserve food and water the best they can as they travel.
(b) First aid equipment.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the winter finally ends, the ___________ trapping can begin again, according to this section of the story.
2. The magistrate separates their _____________ and begins to resume his normal social life.
3. What does the magistrate worry will hurt the girl once it begins to take hold of the area?
4. The magistrate wants __________ to make up their mind about whether they want to stay with the group or head back to the settlement.
5. The prisoners have different _____________ and lack hygiene, which causes a number of problems while they are captured.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when there is little food left after eight days of travel in the mountains?
2. What happens with the girl as they continue on their trip together through the mountains?
3. What does the magistrate find when he goes to visit the family who has been tortured by the Colonel?
4. What do the magistrate and the four soldiers do in order to make the trip to the mountains a bit shorter?
5. Why does the magistrate want to notify the Bureau about the trip that he is taking with the girl?
6. When does the magistrate ask about the injuries the girl has suffered once she is back in his home?
7. What does the magistrate want the girl to make her own decision about when it comes to the end of the journey?
8. What does the magistrate decide to do as he feels frustrated with the relationship between him and he girl?
9. What happens when the group encounters some indigenous people as they are traveling on the tenth day?
10. What causes troubles when the fishermen are put into the barracks together, causing problems for the magistrate?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)