|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With the alleged barbarian uprising, the magistrate is unable to remain _______________ in the issues which take place.
2. What is the name of the Colonel who likes to interrogate people of interest by using harsh torture methods?
3. What is the first direction in which the magistrate and his men begin to travel with the girl?
4. The blind girl feels ____________ of the work that she has been given, so she runs away from the magistrate's home.
(c) Unable to handle all.
(d) Unwilling to do all.
5. Who does the magistrate blame for all of the trouble that is happening among the people who are prisoners?
(a) The Admiral.
(c) The Colonel.
(d) The President.
Short Answer Questions
1. The magistrate becomes frustrated with the bathing ritual which makes him feel ___________ without bringing results.
2. The magistrate is worried that the answers the prisoners give while being tortured are only what the Colonel _______________.
3. The soldiers carry _____________ and try to conserve food and water the best they can as they travel.
4. The girl says that she doesn't like _____________ and wants to stay with her own people.
5. What does the Colonel want to obtain from the prisoners when he seeks to interrogate them in a cruel way?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between the communication style of the magistrate and the blind girl in his home?
2. What does the magistrate advise the people of the town to do in order to make it through the winter?
3. Why does Colonel Joll come to the town where the magistrate is now in control?
4. What does the magistrate learn when he finally gets through the gate in order to leave?
5. What makes the blind girl on the street even more pitiful to the magistrate when he sees her for the first time?
6. What does the magistrate witness when he leaves the settlement and gets through the gate to get to the lakeside?
7. What is the magistrate feeling regret about as he is settling into a new life of survival?
8. What does the Colonel interrogate the fishermen about when he brings them in for questioning after their capture?
9. What does the blind girl admit to the magistrate as the reason why she stays with him?
10. Why is the magistrate unable to remain uninvolved during the alleged barbarian uprising?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)