|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The prisoners have different _____________ and lack hygiene, which causes a number of problems while they are captured.
2. When the group returns back to the settlement, they are greeted by a group of ______________.
3. Even though the winter has passed, the wind blowing through the ice makes ___________ difficult for the men.
4. The Colonel brings back a large group of prisoners who turn out to be a group of _______________.
5. What does the girl get that she is unable to hide from the others, leading to a series of events?
(a) A sprained ankle.
(b) A sunburn.
(c) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. The magistrate has disagreements with the _____________ while new conscripts arrive to replace old soldiers.
2. The Colonel likes to use various stages of torture when he interrogates people, increasing the _________ at each stage.
3. Even after the magistrate _____________________, he still questions whether he really wants to have her.
4. What happens as the blind girl refuses to talk about her injuries as the magistrate asks her about them?
5. The nomads would usually follow the _____________ on the path the magistrate and the soldiers are starting to follow.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the magistrate feel about the blind girl he sees on the street at the beginning of this section of the book?
2. What does the magistrate decide to do as he feels frustrated with the relationship between him and he girl?
3. What is the difference between the communication style of the magistrate and the blind girl in his home?
4. What makes the blind girl on the street even more pitiful to the magistrate when he sees her for the first time?
5. What are some of the hobbies that the magistrate decides to take up again even though he should be preparing for attacks?
6. What does the magistrate find when he goes to visit the family who has been tortured by the Colonel?
7. Why does the magistrate think that barbarians are always causing trouble, though they avoid fighting in the winter months?
8. Why does the magistrate decide to offer the blind girl a chance to work in his home for the winter?
9. What does the boy admit to when he is being interrogated by the Colonel during the beginning of the book?
10. Why is the magistrate nervous about leaving his position even as he is approaching retirement?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)