|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the magistrate first go when he decides that he wants to leave the settlement?
(a) A fruit store.
(b) Girl's grave.
2. What is the magistrate deprived of when he is imprisoned for his various accusations and alleged crimes?
(b) Spare clothing.
3. While the magistrate is forced to live on the street, the barbarians hide while their ____________ are being destroyed.
4. The girl expresses concern about living in ___________________ for her and for her child's life.
5. The magistrate does not think his record in the imperial post would include a recollection of _______________.
6. What do people throw at Colonel Joll's carriage when he and his men decide to leave?
7. ____________ are placed alongside the rampart to simulate the presence of armies in the town.
8. The magistrate finds it difficult to get used to ______________ in the humiliation of his imprisonment.
(a) Sharing a room.
(b) Simple food.
(c) Having company.
(d) Not having anything to do.
9. The magistrate wanted to point out that it was worse to damage one's _____________ than to go ahead and to kill them.
10. The magistrate's sexual tension remains, even though he used ____________ to help combat the problem.
11. What does the magistrate demand in order to answer the accusations which are made against him?
(a) A tribunal.
(b) Proper court.
(c) A barbarian jury.
(d) A lawyer.
12. What do two barbarian men bring into the settlement on a horse in order to inspire fear in the people?
(a) A dead horse.
(b) Severed limbs.
(d) Dead man.
13. The magistrate meets with a ____________ from the Third Bureau who decides to accuse him of siding with the enemy.
(b) Warrant officer.
14. The magistrate finds out that one of the charges against him involves __________ irregularities.
15. Mandel seems to be unaffected by the ____________ of other people, which puts the magistrate at odds with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. _____________ spreads among the soldiers in response to the new news about the barbarians and their actions.
2. When the magistrate leaves the girl's apartment, he proceeds toward the ____________ gate where he goes unrecognized.
3. When the magistrate tells Mandel that he is still awaiting trial, the magistrate learns there are no ____________ of him at all.
4. What is NOT one of the things the magistrate feels the Empire is condoning as a part of this conflicted time?
5. The magistrate thinks that his method of recording information now would include ______________ through seasons and nature.
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)