|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ are placed alongside the rampart to simulate the presence of armies in the town.
2. The barbarians inspire fear which then turns into _____________ when they come at night and steal things they need.
3. The girl that the magistrate loved became less and less of a ___________ when she was being tortured by the army.
4. The magistrate is released from prison without any means of ____________ at this time.
(d) Going to court.
5. The magistrate advises everyone to grow _________ so that they can survive the winter and attacks.
(b) Root vegetables.
6. What does the magistrate demand in order to answer the accusations which are made against him?
(a) Proper court.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A tribunal.
(d) A barbarian jury.
7. People in town as well as the ___________ living nearby live in fear of barbarian attacks.
8. As the magistrate sits and thinks about his feelings for the native girl, he questions his ____________ for her.
9. During Mandel's speech, some of his men return with ___________, including hens and cocks which are placed into the oven.
(a) New weapons.
(b) Stolen goods.
(c) Fresh supplies.
10. The girl expresses concern about living in ___________________ for her and for her child's life.
11. Where does Mandel hit the magistrate when the magistrate speaks up with his query in question #130?
12. The magistrate realizes that visiting the women was a mistake and that he should just _________________.
(a) Be quiet.
(b) Make his own decisions.
(c) Sleep alone.
(d) Mind his own business.
13. The soldiers use a _________ to search the empty huts that belong to the fishermen who are living nearby.
14. The magistrate's sexual tension remains, even though he used ____________ to help combat the problem.
15. The _________ is set to assure protection cleaning the river banks at the same time for the army and its members.
Short Answer Questions
1. The power of the Empire is derived from the infliction of pain on the ___________, a sign of victory over this group.
2. The barbarians appear in other places, being cheated as they try to trade with _____________, according to the magistrate's observations.
3. The magistrate's lack of ___________ encourages endless analysis of what's happened and what might happen.
4. The magistrate wanted to point out that it was worse to damage one's _____________ than to go ahead and to kill them.
5. The barbarians like to hide in the _________________ and wait for the soldiers to go away.
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)