|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the magistrate notice that makes him realize that he can not survive there?
(a) A barren silo.
(b) The many guards.
(c) Ruined crops.
(d) A raging illness.
2. What does the magistrate demand in order to answer the accusations which are made against him?
(a) A tribunal.
(b) A barbarian jury.
(c) Proper court.
(d) A lawyer.
3. Children gather __________ which are then smoked and packed away for the coming months and seasons.
(a) Tuna rolls.
4. The magistrate asks Mandel how he can __________ and get on with his life as the people are being tortured.
5. When the magistrate returns to his cell, the guard warns him that he should remain silent about his ___________.
(d) Sex life.
6. The magistrate prefers to bear the ___________ himself rather than to leave it for someone else to bear.
7. What happens to the magistrate when he makes the accusation he does in #92?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is imprisoned.
(c) He is promoted.
(d) He is sent away.
8. The magistrate finds out that one of the charges against him involves __________ irregularities.
9. The magistrate decides it is best not to _______________ and to focus instead on what can be changed.
(a) Sleep with anyone.
(b) Love anyone.
(c) Listen to the girl.
(d) Dwell on the past.
10. The magistrate is ashamed of the impact that the Empire had on the _____________________.
(b) Safety of his people.
(c) Barbarian population.
11. The _____________ control the town, being regarded as the only protection from the barbarians who still threaten the area.
12. When the magistrate shouts in protest of what is happening, a solider hits him in the _______________.
(c) Cheek bone.
13. With _________ men guarding the town, the magistrate assumes the leadership in town along with legal administration.
14. The magistrate learns that no one knows what happened to the ____________ who were unable to stay together.
15. _______________ barricade the gates in order to protect themselves from the approach of the barbarians.
(a) The people.
(b) The militia.
(c) The army.
(d) The children.
Short Answer Questions
1. The magistrate finds it difficult to get used to ______________ in the humiliation of his imprisonment.
2. The troops return from their mission with the natives who have their cheeks and their wrists ____________.
3. The soldiers were left by the barbarians to freeze in the _____________ and to starve in the desert.
4. What does the magistrate return to the crowd with after he can't stand to see the sight of the natives at first?
5. The native girl, as she was tortured, turned into a creature who believes in ______________, only awaiting her end.
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)