|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______________ who pass by every now and then move them as if the soldiers move the items as though the soldiers moved.
2. ____________ are placed alongside the rampart to simulate the presence of armies in the town.
3. The magistrate accuses the ______ of triggering conflicts, being more barbaric than the barbarians themselves.
(d) Colonel Joll.
4. What happens to make surviving tougher during this particular section of the book and the story?
(a) Lack of medicine.
5. The magistrate would have to consider performing his duties with caution as __________________ is quickly forgotten in outback places.
6. The magistrate thinks that his method of recording information now would include ______________ through seasons and nature.
7. The troops return from their mission with the natives who have their cheeks and their wrists ____________.
(a) Cut off.
8. Only when the barbarians realize they cannot live without the skills of the ____________, perhaps then they can be won.
(d) White men.
9. The ___________ that the barbarians arm against their invaders spread, encouraging angst and conflicts among the people.
10. The magistrate recovers, finding himself interested in ___________ again during the new period of time in the settlement.
(b) The Colonel.
(c) The law.
11. The officer the magistrate has spoken with seems to be equally capable of ___________ as of fulfilling his duties.
12. ________________ Mandel want the magistrate to get back to work in the settlement, according to the story.
13. When the magistrate tells Mandel that he is still awaiting trial, the magistrate learns there are no ____________ of him at all.
14. Some of the ____________ decide to leave because of the rumors which begin to spread in the settlement.
15. The magistrate has misgivings about the native girl regretting his failure to _______________.
(a) Be with her.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Understand her.
(d) Keep her in his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. The magistrate is ashamed of the impact that the Empire had on the _____________________.
2. With _________ men guarding the town, the magistrate assumes the leadership in town along with legal administration.
3. The magistrate prefers to bear the ___________ himself rather than to leave it for someone else to bear.
4. The magistrate is also questioned about his relationship to _______________ during his accusations.
5. The barbarians inspire fear which then turns into _____________ when they come at night and steal things they need.
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)