|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The magistrate wanted to point out that it was worse to damage one's _____________ than to go ahead and to kill them.
2. What is NOT one of the magistrate's old hobbies that he takes up after deciding to swear off women?
(a) Deciphering writing.
(b) Collecting bones.
(c) Collecting stones.
(d) Looking at ancient writing.
3. When the magistrate returns to his cell, the guard warns him that he should remain silent about his ___________.
(a) Sex life.
4. The magistrate thinks that his method of recording information now would include ______________ through seasons and nature.
5. The magistrate prefers to bear the ___________ himself rather than to leave it for someone else to bear.
6. With _________ men guarding the town, the magistrate assumes the leadership in town along with legal administration.
7. The girl that the magistrate loved became less and less of a ___________ when she was being tortured by the army.
8. The magistrate's lack of ___________ encourages endless analysis of what's happened and what might happen.
9. Where does Mandel hit the magistrate when the magistrate speaks up with his query in question #130?
10. The barbarians like to hide in the _________________ and wait for the soldiers to go away.
11. The barbarians inspire fear which then turns into _____________ when they come at night and steal things they need.
12. The magistrate is released from prison without any means of ____________ at this time.
(b) Going to court.
13. What does the magistrate end up suffering through when he sneaks into a girl's bedroom in order to hide?
(b) Being under the bed while two people have sex.
(c) A man's accusations that he killed someone.
(d) The girl's cries for freedom.
14. The soldiers use a _________ to search the empty huts that belong to the fishermen who are living nearby.
15. The _________ is set to assure protection cleaning the river banks at the same time for the army and its members.
Short Answer Questions
1. The magistrate's sexual tension remains, even though he used ____________ to help combat the problem.
2. The magistrate gets help from the only _______________ in town who avoided burglary during the raids and the conflicts.
3. Even when one of the soldiers is injured during the search for barbarians, the only soldiers just ____________ in response.
4. The magistrate is ashamed of the impact that the Empire had on the _____________________.
5. What happens to the magistrate when he makes the accusation he does in #92?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)