|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The girl the magistrate seeks out is helping her ______________ while taking care of her babies.
2. Children gather __________ which are then smoked and packed away for the coming months and seasons.
(b) Tuna rolls.
3. The soldiers were left by the barbarians to freeze in the _____________ and to starve in the desert.
4. The power of the Empire is derived from the infliction of pain on the ___________, a sign of victory over this group.
5. No one wants to ___________ after the fishermen claim to have seen the barbarians nearby in the area.
(b) Gather wood.
(c) Gather water.
(d) Leave town.
6. Unable to defend themselves, the barbarians are vulnerable and deprived of their _______________ as a result.
7. The magistrate thinks that his method of recording information now would include ______________ through seasons and nature.
8. The magistrate asks Mandel how he can __________ and get on with his life as the people are being tortured.
9. ____________ are placed alongside the rampart to simulate the presence of armies in the town.
10. Some of the ____________ decide to leave because of the rumors which begin to spread in the settlement.
11. When the magistrate leaves the girl's apartment, he proceeds toward the ____________ gate where he goes unrecognized.
12. What is the name of the girl who the magistrate seeks out in order to help him with his tension?
13. As the guards tighten the wires of the prisoners, they then force the prisoners to _____________ in the area where they are taken.
14. The magistrate is in charge of new __________ which are being built at the same time as the farming begins.
15. The officer the magistrate has spoken with seems to be equally capable of ___________ as of fulfilling his duties.
Short Answer Questions
1. The magistrate is also questioned about his relationship to _______________ during his accusations.
2. What is NOT one of the magistrate's old hobbies that he takes up after deciding to swear off women?
3. Unhappy with their relationship, the native girl used to ____________ to deal with the confusion and the pain.
4. The magistrate is ashamed of the impact that the Empire had on the _____________________.
5. What does the magistrate demand in order to answer the accusations which are made against him?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)