Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the magistrate deprived of when he is imprisoned for his various accusations and alleged crimes?
(c) Spare clothing.
2. The troops return from their mission with the natives who have their cheeks and their wrists ____________.
(b) Cut off.
3. The barbarians like to hide in the _________________ and wait for the soldiers to go away.
4. _______________ barricade the gates in order to protect themselves from the approach of the barbarians.
(a) The militia.
(b) The people.
(c) The children.
(d) The army.
5. The magistrate is ashamed of the impact that the Empire had on the _____________________.
(b) Safety of his people.
(d) Barbarian population.
6. Colonel Joll approaches the prisoners and uses dust to write the word ______________ on their backs.
7. The magistrate is doubtful of his ability to instill ______________ when excising his judicial duties.
8. The magistrate's lack of ___________ encourages endless analysis of what's happened and what might happen.
9. ______________ who pass by every now and then move them as if the soldiers move the items as though the soldiers moved.
10. The magistrate is also questioned about his relationship to _______________ during his accusations.
(a) The church.
(b) A street woman.
(c) The Colonel.
(d) A soldier.
11. The magistrate advises everyone to grow _________ so that they can survive the winter and attacks.
(b) Root vegetables.
12. More ____________ are built for the barbarians tortured in front of their relatives as the story goes on.
(b) Prison cells.
13. Unable to defend themselves, the barbarians are vulnerable and deprived of their _______________ as a result.
14. What is NOT one of the things the soldiers bring with them when they depart the settlement with Mandel?
15. What happens to the magistrate when he makes the accusation he does in #92?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is promoted.
(c) He is sent away.
(d) He is imprisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. The magistrate lives from ___________________, getting supplies from friends and from women he used to know well.
2. The magistrate learns that no one knows what happened to the ____________ who were unable to stay together.
3. The girl the magistrate seeks out is helping her ______________ while taking care of her babies.
4. When the magistrate leaves the girl's apartment, he proceeds toward the ____________ gate where he goes unrecognized.
5. During Mandel's speech, some of his men return with ___________, including hens and cocks which are placed into the oven.
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)