|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the magistrate when he makes the accusation he does in #92?
(a) He is promoted.
(b) He is sent away.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He is imprisoned.
2. The ___________ that the barbarians arm against their invaders spread, encouraging angst and conflicts among the people.
3. The magistrate decides all he can do is to go on living even though his journey may be ________________.
(b) Ending soon.
4. The officer the magistrate has spoken with seems to be equally capable of ___________ as of fulfilling his duties.
5. People in town as well as the ___________ living nearby live in fear of barbarian attacks.
6. The magistrate's sexual tension remains, even though he used ____________ to help combat the problem.
7. Children gather __________ which are then smoked and packed away for the coming months and seasons.
(d) Tuna rolls.
8. With _________ men guarding the town, the magistrate assumes the leadership in town along with legal administration.
9. The magistrate learns that no one knows what happened to the ____________ who were unable to stay together.
10. What do two barbarian men bring into the settlement on a horse in order to inspire fear in the people?
(b) Dead man.
(c) A dead horse.
(d) Severed limbs.
11. When the magistrate leaves the girl's apartment, he proceeds toward the ____________ gate where he goes unrecognized.
12. What is NOT one of the things the soldiers bring with them when they depart the settlement with Mandel?
13. Men who dig wells in the area find __________________ behind the barracks in a place that seems to be a grave.
(a) Children's bones.
(b) Women's bones.
14. What does the magistrate return to the crowd with after he can't stand to see the sight of the natives at first?
(d) Bucket of water.
15. Where does the magistrate first go when he decides that he wants to leave the settlement?
(a) Girl's grave.
(c) A fruit store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the magistrate deprived of when he is imprisoned for his various accusations and alleged crimes?
2. The magistrate would have to consider performing his duties with caution as __________________ is quickly forgotten in outback places.
3. The soldiers use a _________ to search the empty huts that belong to the fishermen who are living nearby.
4. The magistrate's lack of ___________ encourages endless analysis of what's happened and what might happen.
5. The magistrate accuses the ______ of triggering conflicts, being more barbaric than the barbarians themselves.
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)