Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the magistrate blame for all of the trouble that is happening among the people who are prisoners?
(a) The Admiral.
(c) The Colonel.
(d) The President.
2. What does the magistrate offer in exchange for the horses of the barbarians, though they refuse to do so?
3. The boy admits to theft of __________ and arming by his clan during the torture by the Colonel.
4. What does one of the soldiers injure on their way back to the settlement after the journey?
(a) His back.
(b) His wrist.
(c) His foot.
(d) His head.
5. When the blind girl finally tells the magistrate that she is willing to ____________, he finds himself to be indifferent.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Work harder.
(d) Have sex.
6. What is the first direction in which the magistrate and his men begin to travel with the girl?
7. Who has sent the Colonel to the area where the magistrate is in charge so that he can look into rumors that have spread?
(a) The militia.
(b) The Northerners.
(c) The Whites.
(d) Third Bureau.
8. Who does the magistrate find to be sleeping when he visits the family the following day?
9. The blind girl seems to communicate __________ while the magistrate seems to focus on communicating nuances.
10. The barbarians are not interested in the ___________ they used to engage in until they started drinking and causing trouble.
11. The magistrate finds a blind girl begging on the street for ____________ on a cold winter day.
(c) Health care.
12. What kind of work does the magistrate offer to the blind girl in order to help her have a warm place to stay and to work?
(d) Horse tending.
13. The magistrate realizes that one of the family members has been ________________, but the evidence was hidden.
(d) Let go.
14. What did the torturers use in order to blind the girl who is now working for the magistrate in his home?
(a) Hot fork-like tools.
(d) Hot water.
15. What does the Colonel want to obtain from the prisoners when he seeks to interrogate them in a cruel way?
Short Answer Questions
1. Even after the magistrate _____________________, he still questions whether he really wants to have her.
2. After _________ days of traveling together, there is little food left in the supplies of the group.
3. The magistrate becomes frustrated with the bathing ritual which makes him feel ___________ without bringing results.
4. ___________ avoids sleeping with the others in the same tent on the way back from their trip.
5. What is the magistrate reaching, which makes the reader think that he might be older than others in the book?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)