|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the winter finally ends, the ___________ trapping can begin again, according to this section of the story.
2. Who is the one being tortured which causes the person from #16 to react in the way that he/she does?
3. After _________ days of traveling together, there is little food left in the supplies of the group.
4. The magistrate believes that the barbarians only different in their tolerance for ___________ and slovenliness, and the magistrate admires them.
5. The magistrate thinks the barbarians became corrupted because they lost their _________ somewhere along the way.
6. Without informing anyone, the magistrate takes ___________ soldiers and heads into the mountains on the trip.
7. What keeps the magistrate up at night during the time when the Colonel is interrogating the many prisoners?
(a) The screams of the prisoners.
(b) The mess hall.
(d) The army soldiers.
8. The blind girl admits that she stays with the magistrate because she has no ______________________.
(b) Money to spend on the streets.
(c) Place else to go.
9. The barbarians stay away from the town during the winter months, dealing with the _____________.
(c) Lack of sun.
(d) Lack of supplies.
10. The magistrate separates their _____________ and begins to resume his normal social life.
11. Even after the magistrate _____________________, he still questions whether he really wants to have her.
(a) Laughs with the girl.
(b) Has sex with the girl.
(c) Begins to appreciate the girl.
(d) Continues on the journey.
12. Who is killed when he/she tries to protect another part of his/her family during an interrogation session?
13. What does the Colonel want to obtain from the prisoners when he seeks to interrogate them in a cruel way?
14. What does the magistrate offer in exchange for the horses of the barbarians, though they refuse to do so?
15. What is the first direction in which the magistrate and his men begin to travel with the girl?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the blind girl seem to agree to do on a daily basis, though there has been no conversation?
2. Who seems to have injuries which are inconsistent to those mentioned on the interrogation report?
3. Over time, the magistrate begins to feel less attracted to ____________ and questions why she's in his house.
4. When the group returns back to the settlement, they are greeted by a group of ______________.
5. What was the actual destination of the prisoner(s) that was passing when this person or persons were picked up for interrogation?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)