|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All that the magistrate knows about the girl is that she is the ____________ of the man who died during the interrogation.
2. The blind girl feels ____________ of the work that she has been given, so she runs away from the magistrate's home.
(a) Unable to handle all.
(c) Unwilling to do all.
3. What does the blind girl seem to agree to do on a daily basis, though there has been no conversation?
(a) The chores.
(b) Bathing rituals.
(c) The cooking.
(d) Sleeping on the floor of the bedroom.
4. The magistrate believes that his trip could be seen as a way to restore good relationships with the ______________.
(c) Norse folk.
5. What kind of uprising is a part of the rumors which are being investigated in the area where the magistrate is?
6. Who is NOT in the group of people who are interrogated after being picked up on their way into town?
7. The relationship the magistrate has with the __________ remains the same - distant and indifferent.
8. Where are the prisoners placed in order to keep them from escaping from the colonial town?
9. The magistrate becomes frustrated with the bathing ritual which makes him feel ___________ without bringing results.
10. A magistrate is in charge of administering the _____________ in a colonial town at the start of this story.
(c) Security checks.
(d) Food stamps.
11. The magistrate thinks the barbarians became corrupted because they lost their _________ somewhere along the way.
12. The magistrate questions whether he really is attracted to the blind girl or if he feels _____________ about her torture.
13. The magistrate separates their _____________ and begins to resume his normal social life.
14. What does the girl get that she is unable to hide from the others, leading to a series of events?
(b) A knife.
(c) A sunburn.
(d) A sprained ankle.
15. The magistrate is upset about incidents between the soldiers and the prisoners especially when _________________.
(a) The meals are served.
(b) The sun sets.
(c) The guns go missing.
(d) One of the babies dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the magistrate reaching, which makes the reader think that he might be older than others in the book?
2. ______________wants to distance himself from all of the killing before his retirement begins to be a reality.
3. What does the Colonel want to obtain from the prisoners when he seeks to interrogate them in a cruel way?
4. The magistrate has disagreements with the _____________ while new conscripts arrive to replace old soldiers.
5. In order to shorten their trip, the magistrate and the soldiers decide to take a path that has ___________________.
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)