|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who believes the family is a threat to the colony, which is why they are picked up on their way through town?
(a) Colonel Jobe.
(b) The magistrate.
(c) Colonel God.
(d) Colonel Joll.
2. The magistrate is upset about incidents between the soldiers and the prisoners especially when _________________.
(a) One of the babies dies.
(b) The sun sets.
(c) The meals are served.
(d) The guns go missing.
3. What is the first direction in which the magistrate and his men begin to travel with the girl?
4. The Colonel uses the _____________ to organize a raid on the barbarians and to begin fighting back in the uprising.
5. Even after the magistrate _____________________, he still questions whether he really wants to have her.
(a) Laughs with the girl.
(b) Has sex with the girl.
(c) Continues on the journey.
(d) Begins to appreciate the girl.
6. What does the group end up losing in the winds of a fierce storm, never to recover it again?
(a) A bag of food.
(b) A horse.
(c) A goat.
(d) A tent.
7. What does the magistrate worry will hurt the girl once it begins to take hold of the area?
(b) The Colonel.
(c) Barbarian uprising.
8. What is the magistrate reaching, which makes the reader think that he might be older than others in the book?
(b) His admiral position.
(d) A new home.
9. ______________wants to distance himself from all of the killing before his retirement begins to be a reality.
(a) The President.
(b) The admiral.
(c) The magistrate.
(d) The Colonel.
10. The magistrate believes that his trip could be seen as a way to restore good relationships with the ______________.
(a) Norse folk.
11. The boy admits to theft of __________ and arming by his clan during the torture by the Colonel.
12. The magistrate realizes that one of the family members has been ________________, but the evidence was hidden.
(a) Let go.
13. The magistrate believes that the barbarians only different in their tolerance for ___________ and slovenliness, and the magistrate admires them.
14. What did the torturers use in order to blind the girl who is now working for the magistrate in his home?
(b) Hot fork-like tools.
(d) Hot water.
15. What is NOT one of the hobbies that the magistrate returns to once the weather begins to turn cooler?
(a) Antelope hunting.
(b) Horseback riding.
(c) Collating maps.
Short Answer Questions
1. The magistrate questions whether he really is attracted to the blind girl or if he feels _____________ about her torture.
2. The barbarians stay away from the town during the winter months, dealing with the _____________.
3. The girl says that she doesn't like _____________ and wants to stay with her own people.
4. The magistrate separates their _____________ and begins to resume his normal social life.
5. Once the group leaves the lake conditions, they have to kill one of ______________ that refuses to rise from the ground.
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)