|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the magistrate blame for all of the trouble that is happening among the people who are prisoners?
(a) The Colonel.
(c) The Admiral.
(d) The President.
2. The magistrate separates their _____________ and begins to resume his normal social life.
3. When the blind girl finally tells the magistrate that she is willing to ____________, he finds himself to be indifferent.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Have sex.
(d) Work harder.
4. The magistrate thinks the barbarians became corrupted because they lost their _________ somewhere along the way.
5. Who believes the family is a threat to the colony, which is why they are picked up on their way through town?
(a) The magistrate.
(b) Colonel Jobe.
(c) Colonel God.
(d) Colonel Joll.
6. Who is the one being tortured which causes the person from #16 to react in the way that he/she does?
7. The magistrate finds a blind girl begging on the street for ____________ on a cold winter day.
(b) Health care.
8. The magistrate shows the _______________ to the Colonel when the Colonel is in the town for a visit.
9. The magistrate is upset about incidents between the soldiers and the prisoners especially when _________________.
(a) The guns go missing.
(b) The meals are served.
(c) The sun sets.
(d) One of the babies dies.
10. After _________ days of traveling together, there is little food left in the supplies of the group.
11. ______________ washes and bathes the blind girl each and every day, though it leaves this person feeling confused.
(a) The Colonel.
(b) The magistrate.
(c) The soldier.
(d) The nursemaid.
12. What does the Colonel want to obtain from the prisoners when he seeks to interrogate them in a cruel way?
13. The Colonel uses the _____________ to organize a raid on the barbarians and to begin fighting back in the uprising.
14. What does the magistrate do for the girl when he goes out to find her on the streets after she runs away again?
(a) Locks her in her room.
(c) Gives her more money.
(d) Washes her and bandages her.
15. The magistrate realizes that one of the family members has been ________________, but the evidence was hidden.
(c) Let go.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the actual destination of the prisoner(s) that was passing when this person or persons were picked up for interrogation?
2. Rumors begin to spread that the barbarians are thinking about threatening the _____________ during their actions.
3. When the winter finally ends, the ___________ trapping can begin again, according to this section of the story.
4. The barbarians are not interested in the ___________ they used to engage in until they started drinking and causing trouble.
5. Who is killed when he/she tries to protect another part of his/her family during an interrogation session?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)