|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Colonel uses the _____________ to organize a raid on the barbarians and to begin fighting back in the uprising.
2. The magistrate decides it's going to be best to take the girl back to _______________.
(a) The Colonel.
(b) Her people.
(c) The street.
(d) The barracks.
3. Due to her injured ____________, the girl needs to use sticks in order to get around from place to place.
4. The magistrate separates their _____________ and begins to resume his normal social life.
5. In order to shorten their trip, the magistrate and the soldiers decide to take a path that has ___________________.
(a) Clean water.
(b) Never been previously attempted.
(c) Been used quite often.
(d) Underground portions.
6. What keeps the magistrate up at night during the time when the Colonel is interrogating the many prisoners?
(a) The mess hall.
(b) The screams of the prisoners.
(d) The army soldiers.
7. Over time, the magistrate begins to feel less attracted to ____________ and questions why she's in his house.
(a) The lover.
(b) The nurse.
(c) The maid.
(d) The child.
8. The magistrate is upset about incidents between the soldiers and the prisoners especially when _________________.
(a) One of the babies dies.
(b) The meals are served.
(c) The sun sets.
(d) The guns go missing.
9. The blind girl admits that she stays with the magistrate because she has no ______________________.
(a) Place else to go.
(b) Money to spend on the streets.
10. A magistrate is in charge of administering the _____________ in a colonial town at the start of this story.
(a) Food stamps.
(b) Security checks.
11. The relationship the magistrate has with the __________ remains the same - distant and indifferent.
12. When the blind girl finally tells the magistrate that she is willing to ____________, he finds himself to be indifferent.
(b) Work harder.
(c) Have sex.
(d) Marry him.
13. The Colonel brings back a large group of prisoners who turn out to be a group of _______________.
14. The group continues to experience tough conditions, with _________ entering their clothing and their baggage as they travel.
15. What is the magistrate unable to provide when the girl asks him why he wants her to be back with him?
(a) A bag of food.
(b) A straight answer.
(c) A lie.
(d) A promise of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. The magistrate is worried that the answers the prisoners give while being tortured are only what the Colonel _______________.
2. Where are the prisoners placed in order to keep them from escaping from the colonial town?
3. The blind girl feels ____________ of the work that she has been given, so she runs away from the magistrate's home.
4. What is the name of the Colonel who likes to interrogate people of interest by using harsh torture methods?
5. ___________ avoids sleeping with the others in the same tent on the way back from their trip.
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)