|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The magistrate questions where torture is a ______________ method of eliciting information from the prisoners.
2. Over time, the magistrate begins to feel less attracted to ____________ and questions why she's in his house.
(a) The nurse.
(b) The maid.
(c) The lover.
(d) The child.
3. The group begins their journey by traveling to the ___________ and then the valleys, where the nomads usually travel.
4. Various measures are undertaken in anticipation of barbarian attacks, such as ___________ and vigilance.
5. The group continues to experience tough conditions, with _________ entering their clothing and their baggage as they travel.
6. The magistrate separates their _____________ and begins to resume his normal social life.
7. What do the men think is associated with bad luck, so they have to perform a purification ritual before continuing on?
(a) A long journey.
(b) Dead horses.
(d) Little food.
8. The soldiers carry _____________ and try to conserve food and water the best they can as they travel.
(a) First aid equipment.
9. The magistrate wants __________ to make up their mind about whether they want to stay with the group or head back to the settlement.
(a) His horse.
(b) A wise man.
(c) The girl
(d) The soldier.
10. What is the magistrate reaching, which makes the reader think that he might be older than others in the book?
(a) A new home.
(b) His admiral position.
11. What is the magistrate unable to provide when the girl asks him why he wants her to be back with him?
(a) A promise of love.
(b) A straight answer.
(c) A bag of food.
(d) A lie.
12. Who does the magistrate find to be sleeping when he visits the family the following day?
13. The barbarians stay away from the town during the winter months, dealing with the _____________.
(a) Lack of supplies.
(d) Lack of sun.
14. The magistrate has disagreements with the _____________ while new conscripts arrive to replace old soldiers.
(a) His wife.
(b) His lover.
(c) The hired help.
(d) The military.
15. Due to her injured ____________, the girl needs to use sticks in order to get around from place to place.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the winter finally ends, the ___________ trapping can begin again, according to this section of the story.
2. What does the magistrate worry will hurt the girl once it begins to take hold of the area?
3. ______________ washes and bathes the blind girl each and every day, though it leaves this person feeling confused.
4. What kind of work does the magistrate offer to the blind girl in order to help her have a warm place to stay and to work?
5. All that the magistrate knows about the girl is that she is the ____________ of the man who died during the interrogation.
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)