|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______________wants to distance himself from all of the killing before his retirement begins to be a reality.
(a) The President.
(b) The admiral.
(c) The magistrate.
(d) The Colonel.
2. Who does the magistrate blame for all of the trouble that is happening among the people who are prisoners?
(a) The Colonel.
(c) The Admiral.
(d) The President.
3. Where are the prisoners placed in order to keep them from escaping from the colonial town?
4. Who believes the family is a threat to the colony, which is why they are picked up on their way through town?
(a) The magistrate.
(b) Colonel Joll.
(c) Colonel God.
(d) Colonel Jobe.
5. The Colonel uses the _____________ to organize a raid on the barbarians and to begin fighting back in the uprising.
6. What does the magistrate worry will hurt the girl once it begins to take hold of the area?
(a) The Colonel.
(d) Barbarian uprising.
7. Who is killed when he/she tries to protect another part of his/her family during an interrogation session?
8. Rumors begin to spread that the barbarians are thinking about threatening the _____________ during their actions.
9. The magistrate separates their _____________ and begins to resume his normal social life.
10. Who has sent the Colonel to the area where the magistrate is in charge so that he can look into rumors that have spread?
(a) Third Bureau.
(b) The Northerners.
(c) The Whites.
(d) The militia.
11. What does the magistrate do for the girl when he goes out to find her on the streets after she runs away again?
(a) Washes her and bandages her.
(b) Locks her in her room.
(d) Gives her more money.
12. Who is imprisoned on the way into town, though this prisoner(s) does not seem like a likely candidate for a spy?
(d) Small boy.
13. The relationship the magistrate has with the __________ remains the same - distant and indifferent.
14. Who is NOT in the group of people who are interrogated after being picked up on their way into town?
15. The magistrate thinks the barbarians became corrupted because they lost their _________ somewhere along the way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the torturers use in order to blind the girl who is now working for the magistrate in his home?
2. What does the magistrate offer in exchange for the horses of the barbarians, though they refuse to do so?
3. Who does the group encounter on their tenth day of traveling in the wilderness?
4. The prisoners have different _____________ and lack hygiene, which causes a number of problems while they are captured.
5. The group begins their journey by traveling to the ___________ and then the valleys, where the nomads usually travel.
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)