|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the torturers use in order to blind the girl who is now working for the magistrate in his home?
(b) Hot water.
(c) Hot fork-like tools.
2. The magistrate realizes that one of the family members has been ________________, but the evidence was hidden.
(c) Let go.
3. The magistrate decides it's going to be best to take the girl back to _______________.
(a) Her people.
(b) The barracks.
(c) The street.
(d) The Colonel.
4. What does the group end up losing in the winds of a fierce storm, never to recover it again?
(a) A horse.
(b) A goat.
(c) A tent.
(d) A bag of food.
5. When the blind girl finally tells the magistrate that she is willing to ____________, he finds himself to be indifferent.
(b) Work harder.
(c) Have sex.
(d) Marry him.
6. What kind of uprising is a part of the rumors which are being investigated in the area where the magistrate is?
7. Who does the magistrate blame for all of the trouble that is happening among the people who are prisoners?
(a) The Colonel.
(b) The President.
(d) The Admiral.
8. The magistrate wants to inform the ___________ about the trip he is going to take with the girl, but decides to not do so.
9. What does the magistrate offer in exchange for the horses of the barbarians, though they refuse to do so?
10. The magistrate is worried that the answers the prisoners give while being tortured are only what the Colonel _______________.
(a) Already knows.
(b) Tells the army.
(c) Wants to hear.
(d) Has said already.
11. The barbarians stay away from the town during the winter months, dealing with the _____________.
(a) Lack of sun.
(c) Lack of supplies.
12. The nomads would usually follow the _____________ on the path the magistrate and the soldiers are starting to follow.
(a) Tree line.
(c) Old dead river bed.
(d) Desert edge.
13. Who has sent the Colonel to the area where the magistrate is in charge so that he can look into rumors that have spread?
(a) Third Bureau.
(b) The Northerners.
(c) The Whites.
(d) The militia.
14. In order to shorten their trip, the magistrate and the soldiers decide to take a path that has ___________________.
(a) Never been previously attempted.
(b) Been used quite often.
(c) Clean water.
(d) Underground portions.
15. Who is killed when he/she tries to protect another part of his/her family during an interrogation session?
Short Answer Questions
1. A magistrate is in charge of administering the _____________ in a colonial town at the start of this story.
2. The magistrate is upset about incidents between the soldiers and the prisoners especially when _________________.
3. When the group returns back to the settlement, they are greeted by a group of ______________.
4. The Colonel uses the _____________ to organize a raid on the barbarians and to begin fighting back in the uprising.
5. The bulk of the story seems to be centered in what location in the world, according to the book notes?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)