|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The magistrate is worried about the __________ of the girl while also being attracted to her beauty.
(a) Work status.
2. The magistrate separates their _____________ and begins to resume his normal social life.
3. When the group returns back to the settlement, they are greeted by a group of ______________.
4. The Colonel brings back a large group of prisoners who turn out to be a group of _______________.
5. What does the Colonel want to obtain from the prisoners when he seeks to interrogate them in a cruel way?
6. What kind of uprising is a part of the rumors which are being investigated in the area where the magistrate is?
7. The boy admits to theft of __________ and arming by his clan during the torture by the Colonel.
8. Who is imprisoned on the way into town, though this prisoner(s) does not seem like a likely candidate for a spy?
(b) Small boy.
9. Even though the winter has passed, the wind blowing through the ice makes ___________ difficult for the men.
10. The magistrate questions where torture is a ______________ method of eliciting information from the prisoners.
11. What was the actual destination of the prisoner(s) that was passing when this person or persons were picked up for interrogation?
(d) Family house.
12. What do the men think is associated with bad luck, so they have to perform a purification ritual before continuing on?
(a) Dead horses.
(b) Little food.
(c) A long journey.
13. Who has sent the Colonel to the area where the magistrate is in charge so that he can look into rumors that have spread?
(a) The militia.
(b) The Northerners.
(c) Third Bureau.
(d) The Whites.
14. The barbarians are not interested in the ___________ they used to engage in until they started drinking and causing trouble.
15. What is the name of the Colonel who likes to interrogate people of interest by using harsh torture methods?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the group encounter on their tenth day of traveling in the wilderness?
2. The magistrate thinks the barbarians became corrupted because they lost their _________ somewhere along the way.
3. Who does the magistrate blame for all of the trouble that is happening among the people who are prisoners?
4. The soldiers carry _____________ and try to conserve food and water the best they can as they travel.
5. Who believes the family is a threat to the colony, which is why they are picked up on their way through town?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)