|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The magistrate believes that his trip could be seen as a way to restore good relationships with the ______________.
(d) Norse folk.
2. After _________ days of traveling together, there is little food left in the supplies of the group.
3. The magistrate questions whether he really is attracted to the blind girl or if he feels _____________ about her torture.
4. Who is imprisoned on the way into town, though this prisoner(s) does not seem like a likely candidate for a spy?
(c) Small boy.
5. The bulk of the story seems to be centered in what location in the world, according to the book notes?
(c) South Africa.
6. Who believes the family is a threat to the colony, which is why they are picked up on their way through town?
(a) Colonel God.
(b) Colonel Joll.
(c) Colonel Jobe.
(d) The magistrate.
7. The magistrate is worried about the __________ of the girl while also being attracted to her beauty.
(c) Work status.
8. The Colonel uses the _____________ to organize a raid on the barbarians and to begin fighting back in the uprising.
9. Who is the one being tortured which causes the person from #16 to react in the way that he/she does?
10. The magistrate thinks the barbarians became corrupted because they lost their _________ somewhere along the way.
11. Once the group leaves the lake conditions, they have to kill one of ______________ that refuses to rise from the ground.
(a) Their horses.
(b) The men.
(c) The goats.
(d) The women.
12. The blind girl seems to communicate __________ while the magistrate seems to focus on communicating nuances.
13. All that the magistrate knows about the girl is that she is the ____________ of the man who died during the interrogation.
14. What does the blind girl seem to agree to do on a daily basis, though there has been no conversation?
(a) The chores.
(b) Bathing rituals.
(c) Sleeping on the floor of the bedroom.
(d) The cooking.
15. ______________ washes and bathes the blind girl each and every day, though it leaves this person feeling confused.
(a) The soldier.
(b) The nursemaid.
(c) The magistrate.
(d) The Colonel.
Short Answer Questions
1. The girl says that she doesn't like _____________ and wants to stay with her own people.
2. The relationship the magistrate has with the __________ remains the same - distant and indifferent.
3. Who does the magistrate blame for all of the trouble that is happening among the people who are prisoners?
4. The magistrate finds the blind girl to be ___________________ and unresponsive when he tries to connect with her.
5. Who is killed when he/she tries to protect another part of his/her family during an interrogation session?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)