|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The magistrate thinks the barbarians became corrupted because they lost their _________ somewhere along the way.
2. The blind girl feels ____________ of the work that she has been given, so she runs away from the magistrate's home.
(c) Unwilling to do all.
(d) Unable to handle all.
3. The magistrate shows the _______________ to the Colonel when the Colonel is in the town for a visit.
4. Who seems to have injuries which are inconsistent to those mentioned on the interrogation report?
5. Due to her injured ____________, the girl needs to use sticks in order to get around from place to place.
6. How does the magistrate begin to inform the government about his actions, though he puts this aside?
(a) A messenger.
(b) A telegram.
(c) A letter.
(d) Smoke signals.
7. The magistrate wants __________ to make up their mind about whether they want to stay with the group or head back to the settlement.
(a) The soldier.
(b) The girl
(c) His horse.
(d) A wise man.
8. The blind girl seems to communicate __________ while the magistrate seems to focus on communicating nuances.
9. Who is the one being tortured which causes the person from #16 to react in the way that he/she does?
10. What does the magistrate worry will hurt the girl once it begins to take hold of the area?
(b) Barbarian uprising.
(c) The Colonel.
11. Who is imprisoned on the way into town, though this prisoner(s) does not seem like a likely candidate for a spy?
(b) Small boy.
12. Who is NOT in the group of people who are interrogated after being picked up on their way into town?
13. The relationship the magistrate has with the __________ remains the same - distant and indifferent.
14. Who has sent the Colonel to the area where the magistrate is in charge so that he can look into rumors that have spread?
(a) Third Bureau.
(b) The Whites.
(c) The Northerners.
(d) The militia.
15. Who does the magistrate find to be sleeping when he visits the family the following day?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl get that she is unable to hide from the others, leading to a series of events?
2. Various measures are undertaken in anticipation of barbarian attacks, such as ___________ and vigilance.
3. What is the first direction in which the magistrate and his men begin to travel with the girl?
4. When the group returns back to the settlement, they are greeted by a group of ______________.
5. The boy admits to theft of __________ and arming by his clan during the torture by the Colonel.
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)