|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as the blind girl refuses to talk about her injuries as the magistrate asks her about them?
(a) The magistrate falls asleep beside her.
(c) She begins to cry.
(d) The girl falls asleep beside the magistrate.
2. When the winter finally ends, the ___________ trapping can begin again, according to this section of the story.
3. ___________ avoids sleeping with the others in the same tent on the way back from their trip.
(a) The magistrate.
(b) The injured soldier.
(c) The girl.
(d) The lead soldier.
4. In order to shorten their trip, the magistrate and the soldiers decide to take a path that has ___________________.
(a) Never been previously attempted.
(b) Clean water.
(c) Been used quite often.
(d) Underground portions.
5. The magistrate believes that his trip could be seen as a way to restore good relationships with the ______________.
(a) Norse folk.
6. Who is NOT in the group of people who are interrogated after being picked up on their way into town?
7. The girl says that she doesn't like _____________ and wants to stay with her own people.
(a) The food.
(b) The army.
(c) The settlement.
(d) The magistrate.
8. All that the magistrate knows about the girl is that she is the ____________ of the man who died during the interrogation.
9. The magistrate is upset about incidents between the soldiers and the prisoners especially when _________________.
(a) The guns go missing.
(b) One of the babies dies.
(c) The meals are served.
(d) The sun sets.
10. The relationship the magistrate has with the __________ remains the same - distant and indifferent.
11. The magistrate becomes frustrated with the bathing ritual which makes him feel ___________ without bringing results.
12. Without informing anyone, the magistrate takes ___________ soldiers and heads into the mountains on the trip.
13. The group at the entrance of the settlement appears to be a ___________, but this is not what they actually are.
(a) Welcoming party.
(c) Gang of barbarians.
14. Who is the one being tortured which causes the person from #16 to react in the way that he/she does?
15. The prisoners have different _____________ and lack hygiene, which causes a number of problems while they are captured.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Colonel uses the _____________ to organize a raid on the barbarians and to begin fighting back in the uprising.
2. The magistrate finds the blind girl to be ___________________ and unresponsive when he tries to connect with her.
3. What was the actual destination of the prisoner(s) that was passing when this person or persons were picked up for interrogation?
4. What does the blind girl seem to agree to do on a daily basis, though there has been no conversation?
5. What kind of uprising is a part of the rumors which are being investigated in the area where the magistrate is?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)