|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Colonel who likes to interrogate people of interest by using harsh torture methods?
2. What was the actual destination of the prisoner(s) that was passing when this person or persons were picked up for interrogation?
(d) Family house.
3. The magistrate finds a blind girl begging on the street for ____________ on a cold winter day.
(b) Health care.
4. With the alleged barbarian uprising, the magistrate is unable to remain _______________ in the issues which take place.
5. What is NOT one of the hobbies that the magistrate returns to once the weather begins to turn cooler?
(a) Collating maps.
(b) Horseback riding.
(d) Antelope hunting.
6. ______________ washes and bathes the blind girl each and every day, though it leaves this person feeling confused.
(a) The soldier.
(b) The nursemaid.
(c) The Colonel.
(d) The magistrate.
7. What does the group end up losing in the winds of a fierce storm, never to recover it again?
(a) A bag of food.
(b) A goat.
(c) A tent.
(d) A horse.
8. The nomads would usually follow the _____________ on the path the magistrate and the soldiers are starting to follow.
(b) Tree line.
(c) Desert edge.
(d) Old dead river bed.
9. When the group returns back to the settlement, they are greeted by a group of ______________.
10. The magistrate has disagreements with the _____________ while new conscripts arrive to replace old soldiers.
(a) The military.
(b) The hired help.
(c) His lover.
(d) His wife.
11. What is the magistrate unable to provide when the girl asks him why he wants her to be back with him?
(a) A lie.
(b) A straight answer.
(c) A promise of love.
(d) A bag of food.
12. What does one of the soldiers injure on their way back to the settlement after the journey?
(a) His head.
(b) His foot.
(c) His wrist.
(d) His back.
13. The magistrate separates their _____________ and begins to resume his normal social life.
14. The magistrate questions whether he really is attracted to the blind girl or if he feels _____________ about her torture.
15. Who believes the family is a threat to the colony, which is why they are picked up on their way through town?
(a) The magistrate.
(b) Colonel Jobe.
(c) Colonel God.
(d) Colonel Joll.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even after the magistrate _____________________, he still questions whether he really wants to have her.
2. The boy admits to theft of __________ and arming by his clan during the torture by the Colonel.
3. Who seems to have injuries which are inconsistent to those mentioned on the interrogation report?
4. Where are the prisoners placed in order to keep them from escaping from the colonial town?
5. After _________ days of traveling together, there is little food left in the supplies of the group.
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)