|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first direction in which the magistrate and his men begin to travel with the girl?
2. What does one of the soldiers injure on their way back to the settlement after the journey?
(a) His wrist.
(b) His back.
(c) His head.
(d) His foot.
3. Who does the magistrate find to be sleeping when he visits the family the following day?
4. With the alleged barbarian uprising, the magistrate is unable to remain _______________ in the issues which take place.
5. The magistrate thinks the barbarians became corrupted because they lost their _________ somewhere along the way.
6. Where are the prisoners placed in order to keep them from escaping from the colonial town?
7. In order to shorten their trip, the magistrate and the soldiers decide to take a path that has ___________________.
(a) Been used quite often.
(b) Clean water.
(c) Underground portions.
(d) Never been previously attempted.
8. After _________ days of traveling together, there is little food left in the supplies of the group.
9. The magistrate is upset about incidents between the soldiers and the prisoners especially when _________________.
(a) The meals are served.
(b) The guns go missing.
(c) One of the babies dies.
(d) The sun sets.
10. All that the magistrate knows about the girl is that she is the ____________ of the man who died during the interrogation.
11. The blind girl seems to communicate __________ while the magistrate seems to focus on communicating nuances.
12. The relationship the magistrate has with the __________ remains the same - distant and indifferent.
13. ___________ avoids sleeping with the others in the same tent on the way back from their trip.
(a) The injured soldier.
(b) The magistrate.
(c) The girl.
(d) The lead soldier.
14. The magistrate realizes that one of the family members has been ________________, but the evidence was hidden.
(b) Let go.
15. What does the magistrate worry will hurt the girl once it begins to take hold of the area?
(b) The Colonel.
(c) Barbarian uprising.
Short Answer Questions
1. The magistrate wants to inform the ___________ about the trip he is going to take with the girl, but decides to not do so.
2. What is the magistrate reaching, which makes the reader think that he might be older than others in the book?
3. A magistrate is in charge of administering the _____________ in a colonial town at the start of this story.
4. The blind girl feels ____________ of the work that she has been given, so she runs away from the magistrate's home.
5. What kind of uprising is a part of the rumors which are being investigated in the area where the magistrate is?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)