|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The girl says that she doesn't like _____________ and wants to stay with her own people.
(a) The army.
(b) The magistrate.
(c) The food.
(d) The settlement.
2. With the alleged barbarian uprising, the magistrate is unable to remain _______________ in the issues which take place.
3. Where are the prisoners placed in order to keep them from escaping from the colonial town?
4. What does the girl get that she is unable to hide from the others, leading to a series of events?
(a) A knife.
(b) A sunburn.
(d) A sprained ankle.
5. Who believes the family is a threat to the colony, which is why they are picked up on their way through town?
(a) Colonel Joll.
(b) Colonel Jobe.
(c) The magistrate.
(d) Colonel God.
6. Who has sent the Colonel to the area where the magistrate is in charge so that he can look into rumors that have spread?
(a) The militia.
(b) The Whites.
(c) Third Bureau.
(d) The Northerners.
7. Who is killed when he/she tries to protect another part of his/her family during an interrogation session?
8. What does the blind girl seem to agree to do on a daily basis, though there has been no conversation?
(a) The cooking.
(b) Bathing rituals.
(c) The chores.
(d) Sleeping on the floor of the bedroom.
9. What does the magistrate worry will hurt the girl once it begins to take hold of the area?
(b) The Colonel.
(d) Barbarian uprising.
10. The Colonel uses the _____________ to organize a raid on the barbarians and to begin fighting back in the uprising.
11. The relationship the magistrate has with the __________ remains the same - distant and indifferent.
12. Who does the magistrate blame for all of the trouble that is happening among the people who are prisoners?
(b) The President.
(c) The Admiral.
(d) The Colonel.
13. The magistrate realizes that one of the family members has been ________________, but the evidence was hidden.
(c) Let go.
14. What keeps the magistrate up at night during the time when the Colonel is interrogating the many prisoners?
(b) The screams of the prisoners.
(c) The army soldiers.
(d) The mess hall.
15. Who is NOT in the group of people who are interrogated after being picked up on their way into town?
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to shorten their trip, the magistrate and the soldiers decide to take a path that has ___________________.
2. What do the men think is associated with bad luck, so they have to perform a purification ritual before continuing on?
3. A magistrate is in charge of administering the _____________ in a colonial town at the start of this story.
4. Even after the magistrate _____________________, he still questions whether he really wants to have her.
5. The barbarians are not interested in the ___________ they used to engage in until they started drinking and causing trouble.
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)