|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Colonel uses the _____________ to organize a raid on the barbarians and to begin fighting back in the uprising.
2. What does the blind girl seem to agree to do on a daily basis, though there has been no conversation?
(a) The cooking.
(b) Sleeping on the floor of the bedroom.
(c) Bathing rituals.
(d) The chores.
3. Various measures are undertaken in anticipation of barbarian attacks, such as ___________ and vigilance.
4. Over time, the magistrate begins to feel less attracted to ____________ and questions why she's in his house.
(a) The maid.
(b) The lover.
(c) The nurse.
(d) The child.
5. The blind girl feels ____________ of the work that she has been given, so she runs away from the magistrate's home.
(a) Unable to handle all.
(d) Unwilling to do all.
6. Who is NOT in the group of people who are interrogated after being picked up on their way into town?
7. What does the magistrate worry will hurt the girl once it begins to take hold of the area?
(a) Barbarian uprising.
(d) The Colonel.
8. What was the actual destination of the prisoner(s) that was passing when this person or persons were picked up for interrogation?
(c) Family house.
9. What does one of the soldiers injure on their way back to the settlement after the journey?
(a) His foot.
(b) His head.
(c) His wrist.
(d) His back.
10. Even though the winter has passed, the wind blowing through the ice makes ___________ difficult for the men.
11. The magistrate wants to inform the ___________ about the trip he is going to take with the girl, but decides to not do so.
12. Who believes the family is a threat to the colony, which is why they are picked up on their way through town?
(a) Colonel Joll.
(b) Colonel God.
(c) Colonel Jobe.
(d) The magistrate.
13. The magistrate is worried about the __________ of the girl while also being attracted to her beauty.
(b) Work status.
14. A magistrate is in charge of administering the _____________ in a colonial town at the start of this story.
(a) Security checks.
(d) Food stamps.
15. What is the name of the Colonel who likes to interrogate people of interest by using harsh torture methods?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men think is associated with bad luck, so they have to perform a purification ritual before continuing on?
2. ___________ avoids sleeping with the others in the same tent on the way back from their trip.
3. The magistrate believes that his trip could be seen as a way to restore good relationships with the ______________.
4. The magistrate decides it's going to be best to take the girl back to _______________.
5. All that the magistrate knows about the girl is that she is the ____________ of the man who died during the interrogation.
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)