|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the group leaves the lake conditions, they have to kill one of ______________ that refuses to rise from the ground.
(a) The men.
(b) Their horses.
(c) The goats.
(d) The women.
2. When the winter finally ends, the ___________ trapping can begin again, according to this section of the story.
3. What do the men think is associated with bad luck, so they have to perform a purification ritual before continuing on?
(a) Little food.
(c) A long journey.
(d) Dead horses.
4. The prisoners have different _____________ and lack hygiene, which causes a number of problems while they are captured.
5. What does one of the soldiers injure on their way back to the settlement after the journey?
(a) His wrist.
(b) His head.
(c) His back.
(d) His foot.
6. Who is killed when he/she tries to protect another part of his/her family during an interrogation session?
7. The magistrate wants __________ to make up their mind about whether they want to stay with the group or head back to the settlement.
(a) A wise man.
(b) The girl
(c) The soldier.
(d) His horse.
8. The magistrate is upset about incidents between the soldiers and the prisoners especially when _________________.
(a) The guns go missing.
(b) The sun sets.
(c) The meals are served.
(d) One of the babies dies.
9. What is NOT one of the hobbies that the magistrate returns to once the weather begins to turn cooler?
(a) Collating maps.
(b) Horseback riding.
(c) Antelope hunting.
10. Various measures are undertaken in anticipation of barbarian attacks, such as ___________ and vigilance.
11. Who becomes more open as the journey progresses, conversing with the soldiers freely?
(a) The nurse.
(b) The magistrate.
(c) The girl.
(d) The leader.
12. ______________ washes and bathes the blind girl each and every day, though it leaves this person feeling confused.
(a) The magistrate.
(b) The Colonel.
(c) The soldier.
(d) The nursemaid.
13. Even though the winter has passed, the wind blowing through the ice makes ___________ difficult for the men.
14. When the blind girl finally tells the magistrate that she is willing to ____________, he finds himself to be indifferent.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Work harder.
(d) Have sex.
15. The group begins their journey by traveling to the ___________ and then the valleys, where the nomads usually travel.
Short Answer Questions
1. The magistrate questions where torture is a ______________ method of eliciting information from the prisoners.
2. Where are the prisoners placed in order to keep them from escaping from the colonial town?
3. What keeps the magistrate up at night during the time when the Colonel is interrogating the many prisoners?
4. The magistrate becomes frustrated with the bathing ritual which makes him feel ___________ without bringing results.
5. The boy admits to theft of __________ and arming by his clan during the torture by the Colonel.
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)