|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The relationship the magistrate has with the __________ remains the same - distant and indifferent.
2. Over time, the magistrate begins to feel less attracted to ____________ and questions why she's in his house.
(a) The lover.
(b) The nurse.
(c) The maid.
(d) The child.
3. What does the group end up losing in the winds of a fierce storm, never to recover it again?
(a) A horse.
(b) A bag of food.
(c) A goat.
(d) A tent.
4. The Colonel uses the _____________ to organize a raid on the barbarians and to begin fighting back in the uprising.
5. The bulk of the story seems to be centered in what location in the world, according to the book notes?
(c) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. The girl says that she doesn't like _____________ and wants to stay with her own people.
2. When the blind girl finally tells the magistrate that she is willing to ____________, he finds himself to be indifferent.
3. Who is the one being tortured which causes the person from #16 to react in the way that he/she does?
4. What happens as the blind girl refuses to talk about her injuries as the magistrate asks her about them?
5. The barbarians are not interested in the ___________ they used to engage in until they started drinking and causing trouble.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)