|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The bulk of the story seems to be centered in what location in the world, according to the book notes?
(d) South Africa.
2. Who does the group encounter on their tenth day of traveling in the wilderness?
(a) The Bureau.
(b) The barbarians.
(c) The women's family.
(d) The army.
3. What do the men think is associated with bad luck, so they have to perform a purification ritual before continuing on?
(b) Dead horses.
(c) Little food.
(d) A long journey.
4. What does the Colonel want to obtain from the prisoners when he seeks to interrogate them in a cruel way?
5. The boy admits to theft of __________ and arming by his clan during the torture by the Colonel.
Short Answer Questions
1. The girl says that she doesn't like _____________ and wants to stay with her own people.
2. The group begins their journey by traveling to the ___________ and then the valleys, where the nomads usually travel.
3. What does the group end up losing in the winds of a fierce storm, never to recover it again?
4. The Colonel likes to use various stages of torture when he interrogates people, increasing the _________ at each stage.
5. The nomads would usually follow the _____________ on the path the magistrate and the soldiers are starting to follow.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)