|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the magistrate unable to provide when the girl asks him why he wants her to be back with him?
(a) A lie.
(b) A straight answer.
(c) A bag of food.
(d) A promise of love.
2. Even when one of the soldiers is injured during the search for barbarians, the only soldiers just ____________ in response.
(d) Torture him.
3. Due to her injured ____________, the girl needs to use sticks in order to get around from place to place.
4. What kind of work does the magistrate offer to the blind girl in order to help her have a warm place to stay and to work?
(b) Horse tending.
5. What is NOT one of the hobbies that the magistrate returns to once the weather begins to turn cooler?
(a) Horseback riding.
(c) Collating maps.
(d) Antelope hunting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the magistrate do for the girl when he goes out to find her on the streets after she runs away again?
2. The relationship the magistrate has with the __________ remains the same - distant and indifferent.
3. What does the blind girl seem to agree to do on a daily basis, though there has been no conversation?
4. The magistrate wanted to point out that it was worse to damage one's _____________ than to go ahead and to kill them.
5. The soldiers carry _____________ and try to conserve food and water the best they can as they travel.
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)