|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Lucy reads a story that she finds very entertaining in the spell book?
2. What do the travelers see on the horizon that they change their course in order to intercept in Chapter 12?
3. What does Lucy have in her shoe that causes her to split from the group in Chapter 9?
4. What does Lucy have to do to the door that won't close when she must perform a spell in Chapter 10?
5. Where does the old man say the travelers must go in order to awake the men who have fallen asleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the woman say about the knife of stone?
2. How are the Duffers described the first time they are seen by Lucy?
3. What happens when the group on the ship find a feast set in Chapter 13?
4. What reason does Caspian give a woman who appears and asks why they haven't eaten Aslan's feast?
5. What does Lucy hear when she stops to remove a stone from her shoe while on an island?
6. What do the invisible people say is the reason they have become invisible?
7. How does Reepicheep help the Duffers and cause them to change their names to Dufflepuds?
8. What does Aslan ask the Magician before leaving in Chapter 11?
9. What is the nature of Aslan's speech to Edmund and Lucy regarding Narnia at the end of Chapter 16?
10. How is the appearance of the island the group visits in Chapter 9 described?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the most dynamic and interesting characters in the book is Caspian. Part 1.) What might the author hope for Caspian to represent in the book? Part 2.) In what way does Caspian help portray the perfect king? Part 3.) What can we learn from Caspian's background that helps explain his actions in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of Eustace's journal in the book. What role did the journal play in the telling of the stories on the Dawn Treader? What purpose did the author have for using this method?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Lucy's role in the book. Part 1.) What role does she serve in terms of leadership on the ship? Part 2.) In what ways could Lucy be considered an advisor on the ship? Part 3.) How did Lucy grow after her time spent in the magician's room?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)