|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men do the travelers find sleeping on the island they come on in Chapter 13?
2. What creates the shadows that Lucy sees beneath the water in Chapter 15?
3. What do the invisible creatures spill much of while serving the travelers at the beginning of Chapter 10?
4. What is the name of Chapter 12?
5. What is the name of the old man who offers the travelers advice in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the woman say about the knife of stone?
2. How does Reepicheep help the Duffers and cause them to change their names to Dufflepuds?
3. How is the weather changing at the beginning of Chapter 13?
4. How are the Duffers described the first time they are seen by Lucy?
5. How does the old man tell Caspian to wake the Lords that had been put under a sleeping spell?
6. What does Aslan ask the Magician before leaving in Chapter 11?
7. What is the nature of Lucy and the Magician's interaction at dinner in Chapter 11?
8. What does Lucy do when she finds the magician's book?
9. How does Caspian say the boat is able to travel without wind when going towards the end of the world?
10. What does Lucy hear when she stops to remove a stone from her shoe while on an island?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A common theme represented in the book was the portrayal of personal growth of the characters in the book. Part 1.) Which character experienced the most personal growth in the book? Part 2.) What might the author hope for the reader to gain from the book based on the levels of personal growth experienced? Part 3.) What lessons might the characters learn in the future based on their growth in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Edmund and Eustace in the book. What might the author hope for these characters to represent individually? How do these characters become similar at the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the symbolism of Eustace being turned into a dragon in the book. What might the author hope for this transformation to represent in terms of character development for Eustace?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)