|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Dawn Treader travelers hear after a short time of being in darkness in the sea?
2. What direction does the Dawn Treader travel at the beginning of Chapter 12?
3. How many lords has Caspian and the other travelers found after retrieving one in a dark spot in the ocean?
4. What appears to guide the travelers off the dark island?
5. Who does Caspian tell to stay back on the island to rest in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Reepicheep help the Duffers and cause them to change their names to Dufflepuds?
2. How does Caspian say the boat is able to travel without wind when going towards the end of the world?
3. How is the dinner set up by the invisible people in Chapter 10 described?
4. What does Lucy hear when she stops to remove a stone from her shoe while on an island?
5. How is the weather changing at the beginning of Chapter 13?
6. What is the nature of the dark space the ship comes up on in Chapter 12?
7. What does the woman say about the knife of stone?
8. What reason does Caspian give a woman who appears and asks why they haven't eaten Aslan's feast?
9. What happens to the people on the ship after Lucy prays to Aslan?
10. What happens when the group on the ship find a feast set in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of Eustace's journal in the book. What role did the journal play in the telling of the stories on the Dawn Treader? What purpose did the author have for using this method?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Caspian and Reepicheep's motivations to go on the voyage on the Dawn Treader. What about their journey is connected, and what does their sharing this common bond suggest about their friendship?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's use of fantasy in the book. What does the use of fantasy help portray and reveal about the book's characters that would have been absent without it?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)