|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What direction does the Dawn Treader travel at the beginning of Chapter 12?
2. Who is Lucy introduced to by Aslan at the beginning of Chapter 11?
3. What is the name of Chapter 13?
4. What do the travelers find at the house they discover in Chapter 9?
5. What do the invisible creatures on the island say they need to read a spell to make them visible again?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Caspian say the boat is able to travel without wind when going towards the end of the world?
2. What does Caspian tell Edmund and Lucy that Aslan told him regarding his wanting to go with Reepicheep in Chapter 16?
3. How are the Duffers described the first time they are seen by Lucy?
4. What is the nature of Lucy and the Magician's interaction at dinner in Chapter 11?
5. How does the old man tell Caspian to wake the Lords that had been put under a sleeping spell?
6. What happens when the group on the ship find a feast set in Chapter 13?
7. What happens to the people on the ship after Lucy prays to Aslan?
8. What does Aslan ask the Magician before leaving in Chapter 11?
9. What do the invisible people say is the reason they have become invisible?
10. What does Ramundu say about the birds feeding him berries?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of Aslan in the book. In what way might he be considered the God figure in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's play on point of view in the book. What methods did he use to help define the characters better? What reasons did the author have for changing the book's point of view several times?
Essay Topic 3
A common thought represented throughout much of the book is the concept of duty. Part 1.) How does Caspian view his duties to the lords he is hoping to save? Part 2.) What might the author hope for the characters' duties to represent in the book? Part 3.) What parallels can be seen between the characters' acts of duty and religion?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)