|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many members of their party does the old man tell the travelers they must leave at the place they must go to awake the men who are asleep?
2. Who does Aslan tell not to accompany Reepicheep on his journey past the end of the world?
3. Who jumps into the water in Chapter 15 and has to be helped back in?
4. What do the Dawn Treader travelers hear after a short time of being in darkness in the sea?
5. What do the previously invisible creatures tell Lucy they are called after she has made them visible?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of adventure in the book. What might the author hope for adventure to represent to the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the representation of good and evil in the book. What does the author hope for the reader to gleam regarding the differences in these two things and the consequences when they are mixed?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the concept of temptation that is represented in the book. What reasons does the author have for portraying all of the book's characters as being tempted?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)