|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman tell the travelers that the men grabbed that caused them to fall asleep?
2. What are the white objects that Drinian sends a party to investigate in Chapter 16?
3. What does the old man tell the travelers he once was in Chapter 14?
4. Where does a woman appear before sunrise to address the travelers in Chapter 13?
5. Who is Lucy introduced to by Aslan at the beginning of Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Aslan's speech to Edmund and Lucy regarding Narnia at the end of Chapter 16?
2. What do the invisible people say is the reason they have become invisible?
3. What is the nature of the dark space the ship comes up on in Chapter 12?
4. What does Lord Rhoop tell Caspian the dark islands make happen?
5. What does the woman say about the knife of stone?
6. What does Lucy hear after casting a spell to hear what her friends think of her?
7. What happens when the group on the ship find a feast set in Chapter 13?
8. What does Aslan ask the Magician before leaving in Chapter 11?
9. How does the old man act toward the group from the ship at the beginning of Chapter 14?
10. What does Caspian tell Lord Rhoop to do at the end of Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the symbolism of Eustace being turned into a dragon in the book. What might the author hope for this transformation to represent in terms of character development for Eustace?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the portrayal of greed in the book. What does Aslan's interference between Edmund and Caspian's argument over greed say about the author's feelings towards the subject?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of Aslan in the book. In what way might he be considered the God figure in the book?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)