|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who announces that he wishes to continue along with Reepicheep once arriving at the end of the world?
2. What appears to guide the travelers off the dark island?
3. What do the previously invisible creatures call their giant foot?
4. What does the old man tell the travelers the things the bird feeds him allows him to become?
5. What do the travelers find at the house they discover in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ramundu say about the birds feeding him berries?
2. What does Lucy hear when she stops to remove a stone from her shoe while on an island?
3. How does the old man tell Caspian to wake the Lords that had been put under a sleeping spell?
4. What happens to the people on the ship when Caspian orders them to their battle stations in Chapter 12?
5. What does Aslan ask the Magician before leaving in Chapter 11?
6. What does the woman say about the knife of stone?
7. What is the nature of the dark space the ship comes up on in Chapter 12?
8. What does Caspian tell Lord Rhoop to do at the end of Chapter 14?
9. What happens to the people on the ship after Lucy prays to Aslan?
10. How is the weather changing at the beginning of Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of the sea serpent in the book. In what way might the author hope for this to be a symbol of evil in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of fear represented in the book. What might the author be saying about the importance of overcoming one's fears based on this representation?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Caspian and Reepicheep's motivations to go on the voyage on the Dawn Treader. What about their journey is connected, and what does their sharing this common bond suggest about their friendship?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)