|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many lords has Caspian and the other travelers found after retrieving one in a dark spot in the ocean?
2. Who comes towards the travelers at the end of Chapter 13?
3. Where does a woman appear before sunrise to address the travelers in Chapter 13?
4. Where does the old man say the travelers must go in order to awake the men who have fallen asleep?
5. What is the name of Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the dinner set up by the invisible people in Chapter 10 described?
2. What does Caspian tell Lord Rhoop to do at the end of Chapter 14?
3. What does Lucy see beneath the water in Chapter 15?
4. What does Aslan tell Lucy regarding her friend in Chapter 10?
5. What does Caspian tell Edmund and Lucy that Aslan told him regarding his wanting to go with Reepicheep in Chapter 16?
6. What does the woman say about the knife of stone?
7. How does the old man act toward the group from the ship at the beginning of Chapter 14?
8. What reason does Caspian give a woman who appears and asks why they haven't eaten Aslan's feast?
9. What does Lord Rhoop tell Caspian the dark islands make happen?
10. What is the nature of the dark space the ship comes up on in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concept of fear represented in the book. What might the author be saying about the importance of overcoming one's fears based on this representation?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the concept of temptation that is represented in the book. What reasons does the author have for portraying all of the book's characters as being tempted?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of the sea serpent in the book. In what way might the author hope for this to be a symbol of evil in the book?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)