|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the travelers believe made the men they found on an island fall asleep?
2. What happens when Lucy reads a story that she finds very entertaining in the spell book?
3. What does Lucy do when the travelers try to find their way off the dark island?
4. Which of the following things do the Dawn Treader travelers not discover has changed as they travel closer to the end of the world?
5. What does Lucy see that the invisible creatures look like when they become visible?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the representation of good and evil in the book. What does the author hope for the reader to gleam regarding the differences in these two things and the consequences when they are mixed?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the concept of divinity as represented in the book. What is telling of the author's view of divinity based on his portrayal of Reepicheep?
Essay Topic 3
A common theme represented in the book was the portrayal of personal growth of the characters in the book. Part 1.) Which character experienced the most personal growth in the book? Part 2.) What might the author hope for the reader to gain from the book based on the levels of personal growth experienced? Part 3.) What lessons might the characters learn in the future based on their growth in the book?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)