|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many lords has Caspian and the other travelers found after retrieving one in a dark spot in the ocean?
2. What does Lucy run out into the yard and tell the previously invisible creatures she thinks they are?
3. What seems larger to the travelers in Chapter 13?
4. What direction does the Dawn Treader travel at the beginning of Chapter 12?
5. What does Aslan tell Lucy she has ended that had the potential to last a lifetime in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the people on the ship after Lucy prays to Aslan?
2. How does the old man act toward the group from the ship at the beginning of Chapter 14?
3. How does Caspian say the boat is able to travel without wind when going towards the end of the world?
4. What happens to the people on the ship when Caspian orders them to their battle stations in Chapter 12?
5. How do the invisible people say they need help with becoming visible again?
6. What is the nature of Aslan's speech to Edmund and Lucy regarding Narnia at the end of Chapter 16?
7. What does Ramundu say about the birds feeding him berries?
8. How is the weather changing at the beginning of Chapter 13?
9. What does Caspian tell Lord Rhoop to do at the end of Chapter 14?
10. How is the appearance of the island the group visits in Chapter 9 described?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Lucy's role in the book. Part 1.) What role does she serve in terms of leadership on the ship? Part 2.) In what ways could Lucy be considered an advisor on the ship? Part 3.) How did Lucy grow after her time spent in the magician's room?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the representation of good and evil in the book. What does the author hope for the reader to gleam regarding the differences in these two things and the consequences when they are mixed?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of Eustace's journal in the book. What role did the journal play in the telling of the stories on the Dawn Treader? What purpose did the author have for using this method?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)