|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Chapter 13?
2. What do the previously invisible creatures tell Lucy they are called after she has made them visible?
3. What do the people on the island say they will do once the travelers get back on their boat in Chapter 9?
4. What is the name of Chapter 14?
5. Which of the following things have not happened as the travelers sail at the beginning of Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the invisible people say they need help with becoming visible again?
2. What does Aslan tell Lucy regarding her friend in Chapter 10?
3. What do the invisible people say is the reason they have become invisible?
4. How does Reepicheep help the Duffers and cause them to change their names to Dufflepuds?
5. What does Caspian tell Lord Rhoop to do at the end of Chapter 14?
6. How is the appearance of the island the group visits in Chapter 9 described?
7. What does Lucy see beneath the water in Chapter 15?
8. What does Caspian tell Edmund and Lucy that Aslan told him regarding his wanting to go with Reepicheep in Chapter 16?
9. What does Lord Rhoop tell Caspian the dark islands make happen?
10. What does the woman say about the knife of stone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the most dynamic and interesting characters in the book is Caspian. Part 1.) What might the author hope for Caspian to represent in the book? Part 2.) In what way does Caspian help portray the perfect king? Part 3.) What can we learn from Caspian's background that helps explain his actions in the book?
Essay Topic 2
A common theme represented in the book was the portrayal of personal growth of the characters in the book. Part 1.) Which character experienced the most personal growth in the book? Part 2.) What might the author hope for the reader to gain from the book based on the levels of personal growth experienced? Part 3.) What lessons might the characters learn in the future based on their growth in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of adventure in the book. What might the author hope for adventure to represent to the characters in the book?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)