|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Caspian tell to stay back on the island to rest in Chapter 14?
2. Which of the following things have not happened as the travelers sail at the beginning of Chapter 13?
3. What happens to the dark island once the travelers are off of it?
4. What do the invisible creatures have a habit of doing that makes conversation difficult?
5. What is the name of Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the weather changing at the beginning of Chapter 13?
2. What does Aslan tell Lucy regarding her friend in Chapter 10?
3. How does the old man tell Caspian to wake the Lords that had been put under a sleeping spell?
4. What does Ramundu say about the birds feeding him berries?
5. How is the dinner set up by the invisible people in Chapter 10 described?
6. What does Caspian tell Edmund and Lucy that Aslan told him regarding his wanting to go with Reepicheep in Chapter 16?
7. What does Caspian tell Lord Rhoop to do at the end of Chapter 14?
8. What happens when the group on the ship find a feast set in Chapter 13?
9. How do the invisible people say they need help with becoming visible again?
10. How is the appearance of the island the group visits in Chapter 9 described?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the most dynamic and interesting characters in the book is Caspian. Part 1.) What might the author hope for Caspian to represent in the book? Part 2.) In what way does Caspian help portray the perfect king? Part 3.) What can we learn from Caspian's background that helps explain his actions in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism of the sea serpent in the book. In what way might the author hope for this to be a symbol of evil in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's play on point of view in the book. What methods did he use to help define the characters better? What reasons did the author have for changing the book's point of view several times?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)