|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucy decide to say a spell of that causes her to lose a friendship?
2. Who does Caspian say he would like to see again when he returns from his journey in Chapter 14?
3. Who does not want the person to say the spell to make the invisible creatures visible again?
4. Where is Lucy sent up to after the travelers spend the night in a house in Chapter 10?
5. What is the name of the magician at the island the travelers visit in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the Duffers described the first time they are seen by Lucy?
2. What happens to the people on the ship when Caspian orders them to their battle stations in Chapter 12?
3. How does Caspian say the boat is able to travel without wind when going towards the end of the world?
4. What is the nature of the dark space the ship comes up on in Chapter 12?
5. What is the nature of Aslan's speech to Edmund and Lucy regarding Narnia at the end of Chapter 16?
6. How does the old man act toward the group from the ship at the beginning of Chapter 14?
7. How does Reepicheep help the Duffers and cause them to change their names to Dufflepuds?
8. What does Caspian tell Edmund and Lucy that Aslan told him regarding his wanting to go with Reepicheep in Chapter 16?
9. How is the appearance of the island the group visits in Chapter 9 described?
10. How does the old man tell Caspian to wake the Lords that had been put under a sleeping spell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the representation of good and evil in the book. What does the author hope for the reader to gleam regarding the differences in these two things and the consequences when they are mixed?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the concept of divinity as represented in the book. What is telling of the author's view of divinity based on his portrayal of Reepicheep?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of the sea serpent in the book. In what way might the author hope for this to be a symbol of evil in the book?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)