|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the invisible creatures on the island say their master turned them into?
2. What does Lucy have to do to the door that won't close when she must perform a spell in Chapter 10?
3. What does the magician tell Aslan and Lucy that his servants are?
4. What do the travelers see working on its own on the island in Chapter 9?
5. What is the name of Chapter 12?
Essay Topic 1
A common thought represented throughout much of the book is the concept of duty. Part 1.) How does Caspian view his duties to the lords he is hoping to save? Part 2.) What might the author hope for the characters' duties to represent in the book? Part 3.) What parallels can be seen between the characters' acts of duty and religion?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Caspian and Reepicheep's motivations to go on the voyage on the Dawn Treader. What about their journey is connected, and what does their sharing this common bond suggest about their friendship?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the concept of divinity as represented in the book. What is telling of the author's view of divinity based on his portrayal of Reepicheep?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)