|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not want the person to say the spell to make the invisible creatures visible again?
2. What does a friend of Lucy's say she finds her after she says a spell?
3. What is the name of the lord the travelers find in a dark spot in the ocean?
4. Who does Caspian tell to stay back on the island to rest in Chapter 14?
5. What is the name of the magician at the island the travelers visit in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aslan ask the Magician before leaving in Chapter 11?
2. What does Aslan tell Lucy regarding her friend in Chapter 10?
3. How is the dinner set up by the invisible people in Chapter 10 described?
4. How does Caspian say the boat is able to travel without wind when going towards the end of the world?
5. What does Caspian tell Lord Rhoop to do at the end of Chapter 14?
6. How is the weather changing at the beginning of Chapter 13?
7. How is the appearance of the island the group visits in Chapter 9 described?
8. How do the invisible people say they need help with becoming visible again?
9. What does Lucy hear when she stops to remove a stone from her shoe while on an island?
10. What happens when the group on the ship find a feast set in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of the sea serpent in the book. In what way might the author hope for this to be a symbol of evil in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Lucy's role in the book. Part 1.) What role does she serve in terms of leadership on the ship? Part 2.) In what ways could Lucy be considered an advisor on the ship? Part 3.) How did Lucy grow after her time spent in the magician's room?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's play on point of view in the book. What methods did he use to help define the characters better? What reasons did the author have for changing the book's point of view several times?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)