|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems larger to the travelers in Chapter 13?
2. What is the name of the old man who offers the travelers advice in Chapter 14?
3. What stresses Lucy's nerves further when she walks in the upstairs hallway in the house in Chapter 10?
4. Who on the ship does not want to enter the thing the travelers changed their course in order to intercept in Chapter 12?
5. What does the magician tell Aslan and Lucy that his servants are?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the group on the ship find a feast set in Chapter 13?
2. What does Lucy hear when she stops to remove a stone from her shoe while on an island?
3. What happens to the people on the ship when Caspian orders them to their battle stations in Chapter 12?
4. How does the old man act toward the group from the ship at the beginning of Chapter 14?
5. How does the old man tell Caspian to wake the Lords that had been put under a sleeping spell?
6. What is the nature of the dark space the ship comes up on in Chapter 12?
7. What does the woman say about the knife of stone?
8. What does Caspian tell Edmund and Lucy that Aslan told him regarding his wanting to go with Reepicheep in Chapter 16?
9. What does Aslan ask the Magician before leaving in Chapter 11?
10. What does Ramundu say about the birds feeding him berries?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the representation of good and evil in the book. What does the author hope for the reader to gleam regarding the differences in these two things and the consequences when they are mixed?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's play on point of view in the book. What methods did he use to help define the characters better? What reasons did the author have for changing the book's point of view several times?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of Aslan in the book. In what way might he be considered the God figure in the book?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)