|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stresses Lucy's nerves further when she walks in the upstairs hallway in the house in Chapter 10?
2. What do the travelers find at the house they discover in Chapter 9?
3. Who does Caspian tell to stay back on the island to rest in Chapter 14?
4. Who does Caspian say he would like to see again when he returns from his journey in Chapter 14?
5. What happens to the dark island once the travelers are off of it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aslan tell Lucy regarding her friend in Chapter 10?
2. How do the invisible people say they need help with becoming visible again?
3. How does the old man tell Caspian to wake the Lords that had been put under a sleeping spell?
4. What happens when the group on the ship find a feast set in Chapter 13?
5. What do the invisible people say is the reason they have become invisible?
6. What does Aslan ask the Magician before leaving in Chapter 11?
7. What does Lucy see beneath the water in Chapter 15?
8. How are the Duffers described the first time they are seen by Lucy?
9. How is the appearance of the island the group visits in Chapter 9 described?
10. How does the old man act toward the group from the ship at the beginning of Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the representation of good and evil in the book. What does the author hope for the reader to gleam regarding the differences in these two things and the consequences when they are mixed?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Caspian and Reepicheep's motivations to go on the voyage on the Dawn Treader. What about their journey is connected, and what does their sharing this common bond suggest about their friendship?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Edmund and Eustace in the book. What might the author hope for these characters to represent individually? How do these characters become similar at the end of the book?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)