|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Dawn Treader travelers hear after a short time of being in darkness in the sea?
2. What does the magician tell Aslan and Lucy that his servants are?
3. What do the travelers find at the house they discover in Chapter 9?
4. What is the name of the magician at the island the travelers visit in Chapter 11?
5. How many years does the woman tell the travelers that the men who were asleep had been on the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucy hear when she stops to remove a stone from her shoe while on an island?
2. What reason does Caspian give a woman who appears and asks why they haven't eaten Aslan's feast?
3. How does Reepicheep help the Duffers and cause them to change their names to Dufflepuds?
4. How do the invisible people say they need help with becoming visible again?
5. What does Lord Rhoop tell Caspian the dark islands make happen?
6. What does Caspian tell Lord Rhoop to do at the end of Chapter 14?
7. How does the old man tell Caspian to wake the Lords that had been put under a sleeping spell?
8. What is the nature of Lucy and the Magician's interaction at dinner in Chapter 11?
9. What does Lucy hear after casting a spell to hear what her friends think of her?
10. What does Ramundu say about the birds feeding him berries?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of the sea serpent in the book. In what way might the author hope for this to be a symbol of evil in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's play on point of view in the book. What methods did he use to help define the characters better? What reasons did the author have for changing the book's point of view several times?
Essay Topic 3
A common theme represented in the book was the portrayal of personal growth of the characters in the book. Part 1.) Which character experienced the most personal growth in the book? Part 2.) What might the author hope for the reader to gain from the book based on the levels of personal growth experienced? Part 3.) What lessons might the characters learn in the future based on their growth in the book?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)