|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Lucy reads a story that she finds very entertaining in the spell book?
2. What do the invisible creatures spill much of while serving the travelers at the beginning of Chapter 10?
3. Who on the ship does not want to enter the thing the travelers changed their course in order to intercept in Chapter 12?
4. What does Lucy hear behind her after saying the spell to make the creatures visible again?
5. What stresses Lucy's nerves further when she walks in the upstairs hallway in the house in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caspian tell Lord Rhoop to do at the end of Chapter 14?
2. How does Caspian say the boat is able to travel without wind when going towards the end of the world?
3. How are the Duffers described the first time they are seen by Lucy?
4. What is the nature of the dark space the ship comes up on in Chapter 12?
5. How is the weather changing at the beginning of Chapter 13?
6. What is the nature of Aslan's speech to Edmund and Lucy regarding Narnia at the end of Chapter 16?
7. What does Lucy hear after casting a spell to hear what her friends think of her?
8. How does Reepicheep help the Duffers and cause them to change their names to Dufflepuds?
9. How does the old man tell Caspian to wake the Lords that had been put under a sleeping spell?
10. What happens to the people on the ship when Caspian orders them to their battle stations in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of Eustace's journal in the book. What role did the journal play in the telling of the stories on the Dawn Treader? What purpose did the author have for using this method?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Lucy's role in the book. Part 1.) What role does she serve in terms of leadership on the ship? Part 2.) In what ways could Lucy be considered an advisor on the ship? Part 3.) How did Lucy grow after her time spent in the magician's room?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's play on point of view in the book. What methods did he use to help define the characters better? What reasons did the author have for changing the book's point of view several times?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)