|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the invisible creatures on the island say their master turned them into?
2. What does the old man tell the travelers he once was in Chapter 14?
3. Where is Lucy sent up to after the travelers spend the night in a house in Chapter 10?
4. What does Lucy hear behind her after saying the spell to make the creatures visible again?
5. What is the name of Chapter 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Caspian and Reepicheep's motivations to go on the voyage on the Dawn Treader. What about their journey is connected, and what does their sharing this common bond suggest about their friendship?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the concept of divinity as represented in the book. What is telling of the author's view of divinity based on his portrayal of Reepicheep?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Edmund and Eustace in the book. What might the author hope for these characters to represent individually? How do these characters become similar at the end of the book?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)