|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man do to the travelers at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) Ignores them.
(b) Sings to them.
(c) Smiles at them.
(d) Yells at them.
2. Which of the following things do the Dawn Treader travelers not discover has changed as they travel closer to the end of the world?
(a) They need more sleep.
(b) They need less sleep.
(c) The sea becomes clear.
(d) The sun is larger.
3. What does Lucy have in her shoe that causes her to split from the group in Chapter 9?
(a) A hole.
(b) A stone.
(c) A bug.
(d) A twig.
4. Who on the ship does not want to enter the thing the travelers changed their course in order to intercept in Chapter 12?
(a) Eustace and Caspian.
(b) Edmund and Lucy.
(d) The captain and Lucy.
5. What is the name of the old man who offers the travelers advice in Chapter 14?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the travelers see on the horizon that they change their course in order to intercept in Chapter 12?
2. What does the old man begin reciting at the beginning of Chapter 14?
3. What is the name of Chapter 13?
4. Who jumps into the water in Chapter 15 and has to be helped back in?
5. What does Lucy have to do to the door that won't close when she must perform a spell in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caspian tell Lord Rhoop to do at the end of Chapter 14?
2. What happens when the group on the ship find a feast set in Chapter 13?
3. What does Lucy see beneath the water in Chapter 15?
4. How is the weather changing at the beginning of Chapter 13?
5. How does Caspian say the boat is able to travel without wind when going towards the end of the world?
6. What does Aslan ask the Magician before leaving in Chapter 11?
7. How does the old man tell Caspian to wake the Lords that had been put under a sleeping spell?
8. What happens to the people on the ship when Caspian orders them to their battle stations in Chapter 12?
9. What does Lord Rhoop tell Caspian the dark islands make happen?
10. What is the nature of Aslan's speech to Edmund and Lucy regarding Narnia at the end of Chapter 16?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)