|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When, according to George,did he receive the fateful telegram?
2. What does George announce he is going to do after he returns to the room?
3. In what sport is George's protagonist a champion?
4. What type of flowers is George carrying with him when he returns to the house?
5. What does George suggest is under the bridge instead of water?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? playful objects became emotional weapons. Write an essay about how each of the following items generally associated with play and kindness become hurtful:
Part 1) The toy gun
Part 2) The record player
Part 3) The flowers
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the decision by Edward Albee to name his leads characters, George and Martha, after the first president and his wife. Citing examples from the text, defend your thesis statement.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following to write an essay:
1) Discuss the motif of neglectful, imperfect and absent parents in the play. How do you think the reemergence of this in characters' lives impacts the the action.
2) Discuss the idea of children as healing, and the desperation for love among the characters born from this idea. Use Honey and Martha's characters as subjects for this essay.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)