Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not among the descriptors George uses to describe Martha during this section?
2. When, according to George,did he receive the fateful telegram?
3. George compares Nick to what animal as they argue about his upsetting Honey?
4. What does George tell Martha is the first thing they have to do?
5. What three words are repeated in relation to George and Martha at the beginning of the third act?
Essay Topic 1
Write about the past life of Martha and George. Do you believe that they actually have one, or that any part of their stories is true. Write a paragraph about three specific stories told by George and Martha, dissecting what you know to be false and why:
Part 1) The boy that killed his parents
Part 2) George and Martha's boxing match
Part 3) Martha's "fiddling" of their son
Essay Topic 2
Repetition of phrases is a central component of Albee's writing. Write an essay about the purpose of this repetition. Defend your position with paragraphs about the following repeated phrases:
Part 1) Snap
Part 2)Truth and Illusion
Part 3) She's slim-hipped
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the decision by Edward Albee to name his leads characters, George and Martha, after the first president and his wife. Citing examples from the text, defend your thesis statement.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)