Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not among the descriptors George uses to describe Martha during this section?
2. When, according to George,did he receive the fateful telegram?
3. George compares Nick to what animal as they argue about his upsetting Honey?
4. What does George tell Martha is the first thing they have to do?
5. What three words are repeated in relation to George and Martha at the beginning of the third act?
Essay Topic 1
Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf is a play about rapidly shifting alliances. Compare and contrast the last scene of Act 2 - where Nick and Martha team up against George - and the middle of Act 3 - where George and Martha bombard Nick. What has changed between these two scenes and what is each of the three characters trying to accomplish at each point in time?
Essay Topic 2
Repetition of phrases is a central component of Albee's writing. Write an essay about the purpose of this repetition. Defend your position with paragraphs about the following repeated phrases:
Part 1) Snap
Part 2)Truth and Illusion
Part 3) She's slim-hipped
Essay Topic 3
What is the meaning of the song "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" Use specific instances in the play when it is used by characters, and examine why they sing it. Use these instances to justify your thesis as to the song's meaning.
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)