|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Western Union courier's name?
2. Which composer does George put on as dance music?
3. As George talks about his "second novel," where does he suggest the Midwestern lover begin to "poke around" with each other?
4. Where was George sailing past when he saw the moon come back up after going down?
5. To what animal does George compare Martha when he calls her lovely?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Write an essay about George's unpublished book. How has George taken a real event from his life, fictionalized it, and then recreated it in has life as a separate event? What does this say about him as a character?
Essay Topic 2Nick and Honey are, in many ways, representations of George and Martha at a younger age. They are more hopeful and idealistic about the future. Write an essay about this topic: Part 1) Nick and George discuss, at length, the possibility of Nick taking over the university. How does the cocky optimism of Nick represent the same ambitions that George had at his age? Part 2) How does Honey's desire for a child and her history with conception mirror that of Martha? Part 3) Which relationship do you believe knows more about each other?
Essay Topic 3Repetition of phrases is a central component of Albee's writing. Write an essay about the purpose of this repetition. Defend your position with paragraphs about the following repeated phrases: Part 1) Snap Part 2)Truth and Illusion Part 3) She's slim-hipped
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)