|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do George and Martha agree to describe the final passage of the night?
2. Which is not a game that Honey and George talk about having played?
3. How does George silence Martha as she protests the game?
4. What time of day was George and Martha's son killed?
5. According to Martha and George, which two ideas are getting confused?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several of the characters have nervous habits: Martha chews ice, Honey peels labels, etc. Write an essay on the significance of these nervous tick to the action of the play. What do they say about the character and about the themes of the work?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the three games that the are played over the course of the play. Who drives the game, and what is its objective:
Part 1) Humiliate the Host
Part 2) Get the Guests
Part 3) Bringing Up Baby
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the decision by Edward Albee to name his leads characters, George and Martha, after the first president and his wife. Citing examples from the text, defend your thesis statement.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)