|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not a game that Honey and George talk about having played?
2. As what does George say Martha uses their son?
3. What contest does George say that Martha won twenty-five years ago?
4. What onomatopoetic word does Martha use repeatedly to describe the moment she realized George was a lost cause?
5. According to George, how old was their son when Martha was still trying to bathe him herself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write about the past life of Martha and George. Do you believe that they actually have one, or that any part of their stories is true. Write a paragraph about three specific stories told by George and Martha, dissecting what you know to be false and why:
Part 1) The boy that killed his parents
Part 2) George and Martha's boxing match
Part 3) Martha's "fiddling" of their son
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about George and Martha's fictitious son, detailing how you believe they have used him as a weapon. Frame your essay by discussing three specific stories about him from the text. Be sure to mention who told the story, and whether the other contradicted it.
Essay Topic 3
Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf is a play about rapidly shifting alliances. Compare and contrast the last scene of Act 2 - where Nick and Martha team up against George - and the middle of Act 3 - where George and Martha bombard Nick. What has changed between these two scenes and what is each of the three characters trying to accomplish at each point in time?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)