|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of weapon does Martha call herself when Nick says she hurt him?
2. What time of day was George and Martha's son killed?
3. What does Honey do when she realizes Nick told George about her hysterical pregnancy?
4. For what reason does Martha say George married her?
5. Which of the following is not a nickname that George gives to Honey during the dancing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about George and Martha's fictitious son, detailing how you believe they have used him as a weapon. Frame your essay by discussing three specific stories about him from the text. Be sure to mention who told the story, and whether the other contradicted it.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about Nick's character arc. How does he change from the beginning of the play to the end? What has he learned about himself, his career, and his marriage, and what has he lost?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of violence in the play, both physical and verbal. Which is more effective in the narrative? Use specific examples from the play to defend your position.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)