|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what time is it at the end of the second act?
(a) Four o' clock in the morning
(b) Two o'clock in the morning
(c) Seven o'clock in the morning
2. Which country does George warn against when he returns to the room?
3. To what animal does George compare Martha when he calls her lovely?
(a) A lioness
(b) A dove
(c) A mouse
(d) A peacock
4. As George talks about his "second novel," where does he suggest the Midwestern lover begin to "poke around" with each other?
(a) In the hayloft
(b) At the drive-in
(c) Under the vanity table
(d) Behind the general store
5. What landmark does George compare Honey to when she talks about getting sick?
(a) Big Ben
(b) The Acropolis
(c) The Sphinx
(d) Mount Rushmore
6. According to George, how old was their son when Martha was still trying to bathe him herself?
7. What are we trying to find when we peel away at each other, according to George?
8. What does George do with his book in the last moment of Act 2?
(a) Tear it apart
(b) Cries into it
(c) Continuess reading it
(d) Throws it across the room
9. What type of flowers is George carrying with him when he returns to the house?
10. How does George silence Martha as she protests the game?
(a) He throws water in her face
(b) He slaps her
(c) He flips the coffee table
(d) He kisses her
11. Which composer does George put on as dance music?
12. Which of the following is not among the descriptors George uses to describe Martha during this section?
13. What job does Martha assign to Nick in Act 3?
14. What does Nick blame his bad sexual performance on?
(a) His drinking
(b) His lack of sleep
(c) His fear of George
(d) His guilt
15. How many times did George and Martha's son run away from home in one year according to Martha?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Martha liken George's torment of Nick at the beginning of this scene?
2. Where does Martha say she keeps her tears?
3. How do George and Martha agree to describe the final passage of the night?
4. What does H.I. stand for on George's protagonist's baggage?
5. Which of the following is not a nickname that George gives to Honey during the dancing?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)