|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Martha knock into while she is necking with Nick?
(a) The door chimes
(b) George's chair
(c) The record player
(d) The bar
2. In what sport is George's protagonist a champion?
3. What did George do with the telegram?
(a) He framed it
(b) He tore it up
(c) He ate it
(d) He burned it
4. Which of the following is not a nickname that George gives to Honey during the dancing?
(a) Monkey nipples
(c) Angel tits
(d) Sugar tush
5. Where is Honey sleeping at the end of Act 2?
(a) The lawn
(b) The spare bedroom
(c) The bathroom
(d) The hall
6. What onomatopoetic word does Martha use repeatedly to describe the moment she realized George was a lost cause?
7. George compares Nick to what animal as they argue about his upsetting Honey?
8. What language does George begin speaking partway through Martha's description of their son?
9. What contest does George say that Martha won twenty-five years ago?
(a) A dance marathon
(b) A beauty pagaent
(c) A triathalon
(d) A pie-eating contest
10. For what reason does Martha say George married her?
(a) For her father's influence
(b) For her body
(c) For her money
(d) For her torture of him
11. As George talks about his "second novel," where does he suggest the Midwestern lover begin to "poke around" with each other?
(a) At the drive-in
(b) In the hayloft
(c) Behind the general store
(d) Under the vanity table
12. Which of the following is not among the descriptors George uses to describe Martha during this section?
13. What is the name of the last game?
(a) Morning Glory
(b) Pin the Tail on the Boxer
(c) Doctor and the Houseboy
(d) Bringing Up Baby
14. Which is not a game that Honey and George talk about having played?
(a) Peel the Label
(c) Up the Chuck
(d) Snap the Dragon
15. As Nick attacks George for betraying him, George says that he hates what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What landmark does George compare Honey to when she talks about getting sick?
2. As what does George say Martha uses their son?
3. What job does Martha assign to Nick in Act 3?
4. What habit does George accuse Martha of in this scene?
5. What animal scared George and Martha's son, causing him to break his arm?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)