|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Martha say she has to put on her eyes since getting married?
(a) False eyelashes
(b) Windshield wipers
(d) Rose-tinted glasses
2. Which of the following is not something to which Martha compares herself in her Act 3 monologue?
(a) An old shoe
(b) A pussycat
(c) A vinegary wine
(d) A creeping vine
3. What is Honey doing in her sleep, according to George?
(c) Sucking her thumb
4. What does H.I. stand for on George's protagonist's baggage?
(a) Health and Intelligence
(b) Historical Inevitability
(c) Heavenly intercession
(d) Hope, Illinois
5. How do George and Martha agree to describe the final passage of the night?
(b) Total war
(c) Dies Irae
6. What onomatopoetic word does Martha use repeatedly to describe the moment she realized George was a lost cause?
7. According to Martha and George, which two ideas are getting confused?
(a) Hope and Delusion
(b) Truth and Illusion
(c) Love and Fear
(d) Love and Hate
8. In what sport is George's protagonist a champion?
9. Which composer does George put on as dance music?
10. What does George suggest is under the bridge instead of water?
11. To what animal does George compare Martha when he calls her lovely?
(a) A peacock
(b) A lioness
(c) A dove
(d) A mouse
12. What does Nick blame his bad sexual performance on?
(a) His lack of sleep
(b) His guilt
(c) His fear of George
(d) His drinking
13. What three words are repeated in relation to George and Martha at the beginning of the third act?
(a) Good, better, bested
(b) Came, saw, conquered
(c) Sad, sad, sad
(d) love, lover, lovely
14. Which of the following is not on the list of dreadful things waiting for their son when he returns home in the summer?
(a) Strange men
(b) Empty bottles
15. What part of George is broken according to Nick?
(a) His neck
(b) His back
(c) His heart
(d) His mind
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Martha say she keeps her tears?
2. Why does Nick throw George to theground?
3. When, according to George,did he receive the fateful telegram?
4. When can George handle Martha best, does he say?
5. For what reason does Martha say George married her?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)