|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day was George and Martha's son killed?
(b) Late morning
2. Why does Nick throw George to theground?
(a) He punches Nick
(b) He insults Honey
(c) He dares Nick to attack him
(d) He attacks Martha
3. Which country does George warn against when he returns to the room?
4. About what time is it at the end of the second act?
(a) Two o'clock in the morning
(b) Seven o'clock in the morning
(c) Four o' clock in the morning
5. What does Honey do when she realizes Nick told George about her hysterical pregnancy?
(a) She throws up
(b) She slaps him
(c) She storms out of the house
(d) She passes out
6. To what does George compare when he suggests Nick throw her over his shoulder?
(a) A fur coat
(b) A hobo bindle
(c) A bag of laundry
(d) A sack of toys
7. Honey obliquely mentions her hysterical pregnancy when she comes back into the room, but she calls it something else. What does she call it?
(c) A toothache
8. What job does Martha assign to Nick in Act 3?
9. According to Martha and George, which two ideas are getting confused?
(a) Hope and Delusion
(b) Love and Hate
(c) Love and Fear
(d) Truth and Illusion
10. When can George handle Martha best, does he say?
(a) When he's drunk
(b) When she's asleep
(c) When they're in public
(d) When they're alone
11. When, according to George,did he receive the fateful telegram?
(b) Between Acts 1 and 2
(c) Before they went to the faculty party
(d) Between Acts 2 and 3
12. What does Nick think has happened to Martha when he comes downstairs in Act 3?
(a) He thinks she's talking to Honey
(b) He thinks she's fallen asleep
(c) He thinks she's been attacked by George
(d) He thinks she's gone crazy
13. What is Honey doing in her sleep, according to George?
(b) Sucking her thumb
14. Which is not a game that Honey and George talk about having played?
(a) Up the Chuck
(c) Peel the Label
(d) Snap the Dragon
15. What kind of animal does Honey pretend to be when she enters the room?
(a) A squirrel
(b) A puppy
(c) A cat
(d) A rabbit
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George do during his game that offends Nick?
2. What does Martha knock into while she is necking with Nick?
3. Where is Honey sleeping at the end of Act 2?
4. What is the name of the last game?
5. What is George retrieving when he leaves Nick and Martha alone?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)