|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did George and Martha's son run away from home in one year according to Martha?
2. Which of the following is not a party game mentioned by George in the second act?
(a) Humiliate the Host
(b) Diddle the Drunk
(c) Hump the Hostess
(d) Get the Guests
3. What contest does George say that Martha won twenty-five years ago?
(a) A pie-eating contest
(b) A beauty pagaent
(c) A triathalon
(d) A dance marathon
4. What part of George is broken according to Nick?
(a) His neck
(b) His mind
(c) His back
(d) His heart
5. What does George do with his book in the last moment of Act 2?
(a) Continuess reading it
(b) Cries into it
(c) Throws it across the room
(d) Tear it apart
6. How does George refer to his female protagonist in his "second novel?"
7. What would Martha's father not allow George to do recently?
(a) Teach a course in modern German history
(b) Publish a book
(d) Take a sabbatical abroad
8. What does Honey do when she realizes Nick told George about her hysterical pregnancy?
(a) She throws up
(b) She slaps him
(c) She storms out of the house
(d) She passes out
9. To what animal does George compare Martha when he calls her lovely?
(a) A lioness
(b) A mouse
(c) A peacock
(d) A dove
10. Where is Honey sleeping at the end of Act 2?
(a) The bathroom
(b) The spare bedroom
(c) The lawn
(d) The hall
11. According to George, how old was their son when Martha was still trying to bathe him herself?
12. Which of the following is not something to which Martha compares herself in her Act 3 monologue?
(a) A creeping vine
(b) A pussycat
(c) An old shoe
(d) A vinegary wine
13. What is George retrieving when he leaves Nick and Martha alone?
14. Honey obliquely mentions her hysterical pregnancy when she comes back into the room, but she calls it something else. What does she call it?
(c) A toothache
15. What does Nick think has happened to Martha when he comes downstairs in Act 3?
(a) He thinks she's talking to Honey
(b) He thinks she's been attacked by George
(c) He thinks she's gone crazy
(d) He thinks she's fallen asleep
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day was George and Martha's son killed?
2. What is Honey doing in her sleep, according to George?
3. What does George do during his game that offends Nick?
4. About what time is it at the end of the second act?
5. What does Martha knock into while she is necking with Nick?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)