|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When can George handle Martha best, does he say?
(a) When they're in public
(b) When she's asleep
(c) When he's drunk
(d) When they're alone
2. What time of day was George and Martha's son killed?
(d) Late morning
3. Where does Martha say she keeps her tears?
(a) In the shower
(b) In ice trays
(c) In the toilet cistern
(d) In a reliquary
4. How does George silence Martha as she protests the game?
(a) He flips the coffee table
(b) He kisses her
(c) He throws water in her face
(d) He slaps her
5. What does Honey do when she realizes Nick told George about her hysterical pregnancy?
(a) She passes out
(b) She storms out of the house
(c) She throws up
(d) She slaps him
6. In what sport is George's protagonist a champion?
7. Which of the following is not a nickname that George gives to Honey during the dancing?
(a) Monkey nipples
(b) Angel tits
(c) Sugar tush
8. To what does Martha liken George's torment of Nick at the beginning of this scene?
(a) Pygmy hunting
(b) A midnight snack
(c) Herding cats
(d) Shooting fish in a barrel
9. Why does Nick throw George to theground?
(a) He insults Honey
(b) He attacks Martha
(c) He punches Nick
(d) He dares Nick to attack him
10. What does Martha accuse George of doing when she returns to the room?
(a) Making Honey throw up
(b) Drinking her booze
(c) Antagonizing Nick
(d) Cheating on her
11. Where does George say he picked the flowers?
(a) The university quad
(b) The president's greenhouse
(c) The garden outside
(d) His parents' graves
12. What does George do with his book in the last moment of Act 2?
(a) Continuess reading it
(b) Throws it across the room
(c) Tear it apart
(d) Cries into it
13. George compares Nick to what animal as they argue about his upsetting Honey?
14. To what animal does George compare Martha when he calls her lovely?
(a) A mouse
(b) A dove
(c) A peacock
(d) A lioness
15. What onomatopoetic word does Martha use repeatedly to describe the moment she realized George was a lost cause?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George tell Martha is the first thing they have to do?
2. Which of the follow is not among the things that Martha says George can do for her, as she tells Nick that she loves him?
3. What language does George begin speaking partway through Martha's description of their son?
4. How do George and Martha agree to describe the final passage of the night?
5. What does Martha say she has to put on her eyes since getting married?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)