|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Honey doing with a liquor bottle in Act 3?
(a) Cradling it like a baby
(b) Smashing it in the bathtub
(c) Peeling the label
(d) Drinking the dregs of it
2. Where does George say he picked the flowers?
(a) The president's greenhouse
(b) The garden outside
(c) His parents' graves
(d) The university quad
3. What is the Western Union courier's name?
(a) Crazy Billy
(b) Simple Jerry
(c) Smelly Gerald
(d) Nosey Evans
4. According to George, how old was their son when Martha was still trying to bathe him herself?
5. Which is not a game that Honey and George talk about having played?
(a) Peel the Label
(b) Snap the Dragon
(d) Up the Chuck
6. What is George retrieving when he leaves Nick and Martha alone?
7. What is the name of the last game?
(a) Morning Glory
(b) Bringing Up Baby
(c) Pin the Tail on the Boxer
(d) Doctor and the Houseboy
8. What time of day was George and Martha's son killed?
(c) Late morning
9. What color was the son's hair when he was born?
(b) He had no hair
10. How does George silence Martha as she protests the game?
(a) He throws water in her face
(b) He flips the coffee table
(c) He kisses her
(d) He slaps her
11. Which of the following is not on the list of dreadful things waiting for their son when he returns home in the summer?
(b) Empty bottles
(d) Strange men
12. What habit does George accuse Martha of in this scene?
(a) Nibbling her glass
(b) Biting her nails
(c) Grinding her teeth
(d) Chewing her ice
13. What would Martha's father not allow George to do recently?
(a) Publish a book
(b) Take a sabbatical abroad
(c) Teach a course in modern German history
14. What does George do with his book in the last moment of Act 2?
(a) Cries into it
(b) Throws it across the room
(c) Tear it apart
(d) Continuess reading it
15. In what month was Martha's son born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a nickname that George gives to Honey during the dancing?
2. As what does George say Martha uses their son?
3. What does George suggest is under the bridge instead of water?
4. What does Martha say she has to put on her eyes since getting married?
5. Which of the following is not something to which Martha compares herself in her Act 3 monologue?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)