|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month was Martha's son born?
2. How does George silence Martha as she protests the game?
(a) He kisses her
(b) He throws water in her face
(c) He flips the coffee table
(d) He slaps her
3. Where was George sailing past when he saw the moon come back up after going down?
(c) Cape Cod
(d) St. Croix
4. What job does Martha assign to Nick in Act 3?
5. Why does Nick throw George to theground?
(a) He insults Honey
(b) He dares Nick to attack him
(c) He attacks Martha
(d) He punches Nick
6. When, according to George,did he receive the fateful telegram?
(a) Between Acts 2 and 3
(b) Before they went to the faculty party
(d) Between Acts 1 and 2
7. Which country does George warn against when he returns to the room?
8. What does Honey loudly announce that she wants?
(a) A drink
(b) A pillow
(c) A divorce
(d) A child
9. Which of the following is not something to which Martha compares herself in her Act 3 monologue?
(a) A creeping vine
(b) A pussycat
(c) A vinegary wine
(d) An old shoe
10. What three words are repeated in relation to George and Martha at the beginning of the third act?
(a) love, lover, lovely
(b) Came, saw, conquered
(c) Sad, sad, sad
(d) Good, better, bested
11. What type of flowers is George carrying with him when he returns to the house?
12. What does George do during his game that offends Nick?
(a) He slips his drink on him
(b) He gropes Honey
(c) He calls him a gelding
(d) He snaps at him
13. According to Martha, what does weakness cry out against?
(a) Anger, injustice, and despair
(b) Strength, goodness, and innocence
(c) Fortitude, family, and togetherness
(d) Hope, love, and joy
14. What color was the son's hair when he was born?
(c) He had no hair
15. What landmark does George compare Honey to when she talks about getting sick?
(a) The Sphinx
(b) Mount Rushmore
(c) The Acropolis
(d) Big Ben
Short Answer Questions
1. As Nick attacks George for betraying him, George says that he hates what?
2. What did George do with the telegram?
3. To what animal does George compare Martha when he calls her lovely?
4. Which of the following is not on the list of dreadful things waiting for their son when he returns home in the summer?
5. How does Martha describe George's arguments during this scene?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)