|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What three words are repeated in relation to George and Martha at the beginning of the third act?
(a) Came, saw, conquered
(b) love, lover, lovely
(c) Good, better, bested
(d) Sad, sad, sad
2. What type of flowers is George carrying with him when he returns to the house?
3. Which of the follow is not among the things that Martha says George can do for her, as she tells Nick that she loves him?
(a) Hold her
(b) Play games with her
(c) Make her laugh
(d) Raise a child with her
4. What does Nick think has happened to Martha when he comes downstairs in Act 3?
(a) He thinks she's talking to Honey
(b) He thinks she's been attacked by George
(c) He thinks she's gone crazy
(d) He thinks she's fallen asleep
5. As Nick attacks George for betraying him, George says that he hates what?
6. Which of the following is not a party game mentioned by George in the second act?
(a) Diddle the Drunk
(b) Hump the Hostess
(c) Humiliate the Host
(d) Get the Guests
7. What color was the son's hair when he was born?
(d) He had no hair
8. What does George announce he is going to do after he returns to the room?
(a) Read a book
(b) Kiss Martha
(c) Punch NIck
(d) Play a game
9. What onomatopoetic word does Martha use repeatedly to describe the moment she realized George was a lost cause?
10. What does Martha accuse George of doing when she returns to the room?
(a) Cheating on her
(b) Drinking her booze
(c) Antagonizing Nick
(d) Making Honey throw up
11. What habit does George accuse Martha of in this scene?
(a) Biting her nails
(b) Grinding her teeth
(c) Nibbling her glass
(d) Chewing her ice
12. What landmark does George compare Honey to when she talks about getting sick?
(a) Mount Rushmore
(b) The Sphinx
(c) Big Ben
(d) The Acropolis
13. What does Martha knock into while she is necking with Nick?
(a) The door chimes
(b) The bar
(c) George's chair
(d) The record player
14. About what time is it at the end of the second act?
(b) Seven o'clock in the morning
(c) Two o'clock in the morning
(d) Four o' clock in the morning
15. What would Martha's father not allow George to do recently?
(b) Teach a course in modern German history
(c) Take a sabbatical abroad
(d) Publish a book
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Honey doing in her sleep, according to George?
2. Which of the following is not on the list of dreadful things waiting for their son when he returns home in the summer?
3. George compares Nick to what animal as they argue about his upsetting Honey?
4. What language does George begin speaking partway through Martha's description of their son?
5. When, according to George,did he receive the fateful telegram?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)