|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal scared George and Martha's son, causing him to break his arm?
(a) A cow
(b) A chicken
(c) A goat
(d) A dog
2. Why does Nick throw George to theground?
(a) He dares Nick to attack him
(b) He punches Nick
(c) He attacks Martha
(d) He insults Honey
3. According to George, how old was their son when Martha was still trying to bathe him herself?
4. How does George silence Martha as she protests the game?
(a) He kisses her
(b) He throws water in her face
(c) He slaps her
(d) He flips the coffee table
5. What does George tell Martha is the first thing they have to do?
(a) Retain a priest
(b) Call a funeral home
(c) Collect his effects
(d) Identify the body
6. Which of the following is not among the descriptors George uses to describe Martha during this section?
7. Which of the following is not a party game mentioned by George in the second act?
(a) Humiliate the Host
(b) Get the Guests
(c) Hump the Hostess
(d) Diddle the Drunk
8. When, according to George,did he receive the fateful telegram?
(a) Between Acts 2 and 3
(b) Between Acts 1 and 2
(c) Before they went to the faculty party
9. Which composer does George put on as dance music?
10. To what does George compare when he suggests Nick throw her over his shoulder?
(a) A sack of toys
(b) A hobo bindle
(c) A bag of laundry
(d) A fur coat
11. What does George do with his book in the last moment of Act 2?
(a) Throws it across the room
(b) Tear it apart
(c) Cries into it
(d) Continuess reading it
12. What color was the son's hair when he was born?
(b) He had no hair
13. What type of flowers is George carrying with him when he returns to the house?
14. What time of day was George and Martha's son killed?
(a) Late morning
15. In what liquor does George tell Martha to put the flowers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Martha say she keeps her tears?
2. Which of the following is not a nickname that George gives to Honey during the dancing?
3. Which of the follow is not among the things that Martha says George can do for her, as she tells Nick that she loves him?
4. Honey obliquely mentions her hysterical pregnancy when she comes back into the room, but she calls it something else. What does she call it?
5. What are we trying to find when we peel away at each other, according to George?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)