|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day was George and Martha's son killed?
(b) Late morning
2. What part of George is broken according to Nick?
(a) His mind
(b) His neck
(c) His heart
(d) His back
3. Which of the following is not among the descriptors George uses to describe Martha during this section?
4. What three words are repeated in relation to George and Martha at the beginning of the third act?
(a) love, lover, lovely
(b) Came, saw, conquered
(c) Sad, sad, sad
(d) Good, better, bested
5. What are we trying to find when we peel away at each other, according to George?
6. What does George do during his game that offends Nick?
(a) He calls him a gelding
(b) He snaps at him
(c) He gropes Honey
(d) He slips his drink on him
7. What does George suggest is under the bridge instead of water?
8. What habit does George accuse Martha of in this scene?
(a) Chewing her ice
(b) Grinding her teeth
(c) Biting her nails
(d) Nibbling her glass
9. What does Honey loudly announce that she wants?
(a) A divorce
(b) A pillow
(c) A child
(d) A drink
10. What animal scared George and Martha's son, causing him to break his arm?
(a) A cow
(b) A goat
(c) A dog
(d) A chicken
11. To what does Martha liken George's torment of Nick at the beginning of this scene?
(a) A midnight snack
(b) Pygmy hunting
(c) Shooting fish in a barrel
(d) Herding cats
12. What does H.I. stand for on George's protagonist's baggage?
(a) Health and Intelligence
(b) Historical Inevitability
(c) Heavenly intercession
(d) Hope, Illinois
13. What does Martha accuse George of doing when she returns to the room?
(a) Cheating on her
(b) Making Honey throw up
(c) Drinking her booze
(d) Antagonizing Nick
14. What type of flowers is George carrying with him when he returns to the house?
15. According to Martha and George, which two ideas are getting confused?
(a) Hope and Delusion
(b) Love and Fear
(c) Love and Hate
(d) Truth and Illusion
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country does George warn against when he returns to the room?
2. Where is Honey sleeping at the end of Act 2?
3. Where was George sailing past when he saw the moon come back up after going down?
4. What would Martha's father not allow George to do recently?
5. As George talks about his "second novel," where does he suggest the Midwestern lover begin to "poke around" with each other?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)