|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Honey doing with a liquor bottle in Act 3?
(a) Peeling the label
(b) Smashing it in the bathtub
(c) Drinking the dregs of it
(d) Cradling it like a baby
2. In what liquor does George tell Martha to put the flowers?
3. What onomatopoetic word does Martha use repeatedly to describe the moment she realized George was a lost cause?
4. What does H.I. stand for on George's protagonist's baggage?
(a) Health and Intelligence
(b) Hope, Illinois
(c) Historical Inevitability
(d) Heavenly intercession
5. Where does George say he picked the flowers?
(a) His parents' graves
(b) The president's greenhouse
(c) The garden outside
(d) The university quad
6. What is George retrieving when he leaves Nick and Martha alone?
7. How does Martha describe George's arguments during this scene?
8. Which of the following is not among the descriptors George uses to describe Martha during this section?
9. What does Martha knock into while she is necking with Nick?
(a) The bar
(b) The door chimes
(c) George's chair
(d) The record player
10. As Nick attacks George for betraying him, George says that he hates what?
11. Where does Martha say she keeps her tears?
(a) In ice trays
(b) In a reliquary
(c) In the toilet cistern
(d) In the shower
12. About what time is it at the end of the second act?
(b) Two o'clock in the morning
(c) Seven o'clock in the morning
(d) Four o' clock in the morning
13. Where is Honey sleeping at the end of Act 2?
(a) The bathroom
(b) The hall
(c) The lawn
(d) The spare bedroom
14. What type of weapon does Martha call herself when Nick says she hurt him?
(a) A gatling gun
(b) An atomic bomb
(c) A flame thrower
(d) A cluster bomb
15. What does Martha say she has to put on her eyes since getting married?
(a) Windshield wipers
(c) Rose-tinted glasses
(d) False eyelashes
Short Answer Questions
1. As George talks about his "second novel," where does he suggest the Midwestern lover begin to "poke around" with each other?
2. What landmark does George compare Honey to when she talks about getting sick?
3. What does Honey do when she realizes Nick told George about her hysterical pregnancy?
4. What contest does George say that Martha won twenty-five years ago?
5. What are we trying to find when we peel away at each other, according to George?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)