|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What onomatopoetic word does Martha use repeatedly to describe the moment she realized George was a lost cause?
2. As Nick attacks George for betraying him, George says that he hates what?
3. When can George handle Martha best, does he say?
(a) When they're alone
(b) When they're in public
(c) When she's asleep
(d) When he's drunk
4. How does George silence Martha as she protests the game?
(a) He kisses her
(b) He throws water in her face
(c) He flips the coffee table
(d) He slaps her
5. To what does Martha liken George's torment of Nick at the beginning of this scene?
(a) Pygmy hunting
(b) A midnight snack
(c) Herding cats
(d) Shooting fish in a barrel
6. Which of the following is not a party game mentioned by George in the second act?
(a) Humiliate the Host
(b) Diddle the Drunk
(c) Get the Guests
(d) Hump the Hostess
7. Why does Nick throw George to theground?
(a) He attacks Martha
(b) He punches Nick
(c) He insults Honey
(d) He dares Nick to attack him
8. What does Martha knock into while she is necking with Nick?
(a) The record player
(b) George's chair
(c) The bar
(d) The door chimes
9. What is Honey doing in her sleep, according to George?
(b) Sucking her thumb
10. What job does Martha assign to Nick in Act 3?
11. What are we trying to find when we peel away at each other, according to George?
12. As what does George say Martha uses their son?
(a) As a shoulder to cry on
(b) As a wallet
(c) As a club
(d) As a lover
13. What is George retrieving when he leaves Nick and Martha alone?
14. What does H.I. stand for on George's protagonist's baggage?
(a) Heavenly intercession
(b) Historical Inevitability
(c) Health and Intelligence
(d) Hope, Illinois
15. For what reason does Martha say George married her?
(a) For her torture of him
(b) For her father's influence
(c) For her money
(d) For her body
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George do with his book in the last moment of Act 2?
2. According to Martha, what does weakness cry out against?
3. Which of the following is not a nickname that George gives to Honey during the dancing?
4. According to George, how old was their son when Martha was still trying to bathe him herself?
5. Which is not a game that Honey and George talk about having played?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)