Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not among the descriptors George uses to describe Martha during this section?
2. When, according to George,did he receive the fateful telegram?
(a) Between Acts 1 and 2
(b) Before they went to the faculty party
(c) Between Acts 2 and 3
3. George compares Nick to what animal as they argue about his upsetting Honey?
4. What does George tell Martha is the first thing they have to do?
(a) Collect his effects
(b) Retain a priest
(c) Identify the body
(d) Call a funeral home
5. What three words are repeated in relation to George and Martha at the beginning of the third act?
(a) Good, better, bested
(b) love, lover, lovely
(c) Came, saw, conquered
(d) Sad, sad, sad
6. What is the name of the last game?
(a) Bringing Up Baby
(b) Doctor and the Houseboy
(c) Morning Glory
(d) Pin the Tail on the Boxer
7. What would Martha's father not allow George to do recently?
(b) Take a sabbatical abroad
(c) Teach a course in modern German history
(d) Publish a book
8. What does H.I. stand for on George's protagonist's baggage?
(a) Heavenly intercession
(b) Historical Inevitability
(c) Hope, Illinois
(d) Health and Intelligence
9. What does George announce he is going to do after he returns to the room?
(a) Kiss Martha
(b) Read a book
(c) Play a game
(d) Punch NIck
10. What does George do with his book in the last moment of Act 2?
(a) Throws it across the room
(b) Continuess reading it
(c) Cries into it
(d) Tear it apart
11. What onomatopoetic word does Martha use repeatedly to describe the moment she realized George was a lost cause?
12. Where is Honey sleeping at the end of Act 2?
(a) The bathroom
(b) The spare bedroom
(c) The hall
(d) The lawn
13. In what sport is George's protagonist a champion?
14. What does Nick think has happened to Martha when he comes downstairs in Act 3?
(a) He thinks she's fallen asleep
(b) He thinks she's gone crazy
(c) He thinks she's talking to Honey
(d) He thinks she's been attacked by George
15. Which composer does George put on as dance music?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George do during his game that offends Nick?
2. What does Martha say she has to put on her eyes since getting married?
3. According to George, how old was their son when Martha was still trying to bathe him herself?
4. As Nick attacks George for betraying him, George says that he hates what?
5. What landmark does George compare Honey to when she talks about getting sick?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)