|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Martha's father not allow George to do recently?
(b) Publish a book
(c) Take a sabbatical abroad
(d) Teach a course in modern German history
2. What landmark does George compare Honey to when she talks about getting sick?
(a) Big Ben
(b) Mount Rushmore
(c) The Acropolis
(d) The Sphinx
3. Which of the following is not a party game mentioned by George in the second act?
(a) Humiliate the Host
(b) Diddle the Drunk
(c) Hump the Hostess
(d) Get the Guests
4. Honey obliquely mentions her hysterical pregnancy when she comes back into the room, but she calls it something else. What does she call it?
(d) A toothache
5. What does Honey do when she realizes Nick told George about her hysterical pregnancy?
(a) She storms out of the house
(b) She slaps him
(c) She throws up
(d) She passes out
6. As Nick attacks George for betraying him, George says that he hates what?
7. What job does Martha assign to Nick in Act 3?
8. What does George do with his book in the last moment of Act 2?
(a) Continuess reading it
(b) Cries into it
(c) Tear it apart
(d) Throws it across the room
9. How do George and Martha agree to describe the final passage of the night?
(c) Dies Irae
(d) Total war
10. Which composer does George put on as dance music?
11. What kind of animal does Honey pretend to be when she enters the room?
(a) A puppy
(b) A rabbit
(c) A cat
(d) A squirrel
12. What does Nick blame his bad sexual performance on?
(a) His fear of George
(b) His lack of sleep
(c) His guilt
(d) His drinking
13. George compares Nick to what animal as they argue about his upsetting Honey?
14. What language does George begin speaking partway through Martha's description of their son?
15. To what does Martha liken George's torment of Nick at the beginning of this scene?
(a) Pygmy hunting
(b) Shooting fish in a barrel
(c) A midnight snack
(d) Herding cats
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Martha say she keeps her tears?
2. What is the name of the last game?
3. What color was the son's hair when he was born?
4. How does Martha describe George's arguments during this scene?
5. Which country does George warn against when he returns to the room?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)