|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As what does George say Martha uses their son?
(a) As a lover
(b) As a club
(c) As a wallet
(d) As a shoulder to cry on
2. What habit does George accuse Martha of in this scene?
(a) Chewing her ice
(b) Nibbling her glass
(c) Biting her nails
(d) Grinding her teeth
3. What does George do with his book in the last moment of Act 2?
(a) Cries into it
(b) Tear it apart
(c) Continuess reading it
(d) Throws it across the room
4. As Nick attacks George for betraying him, George says that he hates what?
5. What language does George begin speaking partway through Martha's description of their son?
6. What does Honey do when she realizes Nick told George about her hysterical pregnancy?
(a) She passes out
(b) She throws up
(c) She storms out of the house
(d) She slaps him
7. What contest does George say that Martha won twenty-five years ago?
(a) A pie-eating contest
(b) A dance marathon
(c) A triathalon
(d) A beauty pagaent
8. Which country does George warn against when he returns to the room?
9. Which of the following is not a nickname that George gives to Honey during the dancing?
(a) Angel tits
(b) Sugar tush
(d) Monkey nipples
10. What does Nick blame his bad sexual performance on?
(a) His drinking
(b) His fear of George
(c) His lack of sleep
(d) His guilt
11. In what liquor does George tell Martha to put the flowers?
12. In what sport is George's protagonist a champion?
13. According to Martha, what does weakness cry out against?
(a) Fortitude, family, and togetherness
(b) Strength, goodness, and innocence
(c) Hope, love, and joy
(d) Anger, injustice, and despair
14. Where is Honey sleeping at the end of Act 2?
(a) The spare bedroom
(b) The lawn
(c) The hall
(d) The bathroom
15. What job does Martha assign to Nick in Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day was George and Martha's son killed?
2. What is Honey doing with a liquor bottle in Act 3?
3. What is George retrieving when he leaves Nick and Martha alone?
4. What animal scared George and Martha's son, causing him to break his arm?
5. How does George silence Martha as she protests the game?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)