|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What habit does George accuse Martha of in this scene?
(a) Chewing her ice
(b) Grinding her teeth
(c) Biting her nails
(d) Nibbling her glass
2. What part of George is broken according to Nick?
(a) His back
(b) His mind
(c) His neck
(d) His heart
3. Honey obliquely mentions her hysterical pregnancy when she comes back into the room, but she calls it something else. What does she call it?
(a) A toothache
4. Which of the following is not a nickname that George gives to Honey during the dancing?
(a) Monkey nipples
(b) Angel tits
(d) Sugar tush
5. What is George retrieving when he leaves Nick and Martha alone?
6. In what sport is George's protagonist a champion?
7. Where does Martha say she keeps her tears?
(a) In ice trays
(b) In the toilet cistern
(c) In a reliquary
(d) In the shower
8. According to Martha, what does weakness cry out against?
(a) Fortitude, family, and togetherness
(b) Strength, goodness, and innocence
(c) Anger, injustice, and despair
(d) Hope, love, and joy
9. George compares Nick to what animal as they argue about his upsetting Honey?
10. What type of flowers is George carrying with him when he returns to the house?
11. When, according to George,did he receive the fateful telegram?
(b) Between Acts 2 and 3
(c) Before they went to the faculty party
(d) Between Acts 1 and 2
12. What does George do during his game that offends Nick?
(a) He calls him a gelding
(b) He snaps at him
(c) He slips his drink on him
(d) He gropes Honey
13. What language does George begin speaking partway through Martha's description of their son?
14. As what does George say Martha uses their son?
(a) As a shoulder to cry on
(b) As a wallet
(c) As a club
(d) As a lover
15. Which of the following is not something to which Martha compares herself in her Act 3 monologue?
(a) A vinegary wine
(b) A pussycat
(c) A creeping vine
(d) An old shoe
Short Answer Questions
1. What did George do with the telegram?
2. Which composer does George put on as dance music?
3. What does George do with his book in the last moment of Act 2?
4. What job does Martha assign to Nick in Act 3?
5. How does George refer to his female protagonist in his "second novel?"
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)