|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What three words are repeated in relation to George and Martha at the beginning of the third act?
(a) Good, better, bested
(b) love, lover, lovely
(c) Came, saw, conquered
(d) Sad, sad, sad
2. What are we trying to find when we peel away at each other, according to George?
3. For what reason does Martha say George married her?
(a) For her body
(b) For her money
(c) For her father's influence
(d) For her torture of him
4. Which country does George warn against when he returns to the room?
5. Which composer does George put on as dance music?
6. According to Martha and George, which two ideas are getting confused?
(a) Love and Fear
(b) Hope and Delusion
(c) Truth and Illusion
(d) Love and Hate
7. How does George silence Martha as she protests the game?
(a) He flips the coffee table
(b) He kisses her
(c) He throws water in her face
(d) He slaps her
8. Why does Nick throw George to theground?
(a) He dares Nick to attack him
(b) He insults Honey
(c) He punches Nick
(d) He attacks Martha
9. How many times did George and Martha's son run away from home in one year according to Martha?
10. How does George refer to his female protagonist in his "second novel?"
11. What animal scared George and Martha's son, causing him to break his arm?
(a) A cow
(b) A goat
(c) A dog
(d) A chicken
12. Where does Martha say she keeps her tears?
(a) In the toilet cistern
(b) In the shower
(c) In a reliquary
(d) In ice trays
13. Honey obliquely mentions her hysterical pregnancy when she comes back into the room, but she calls it something else. What does she call it?
(a) A toothache
14. As Nick attacks George for betraying him, George says that he hates what?
15. What part of George is broken according to Nick?
(a) His neck
(b) His back
(c) His mind
(d) His heart
Short Answer Questions
1. As what does George say Martha uses their son?
2. What does Nick think has happened to Martha when he comes downstairs in Act 3?
3. What does Martha say she has to put on her eyes since getting married?
4. What does Martha accuse George of doing when she returns to the room?
5. What did George do with the telegram?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)