|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George suggest is under the bridge instead of water?
2. What does Nick think has happened to Martha when he comes downstairs in Act 3?
(a) He thinks she's fallen asleep
(b) He thinks she's talking to Honey
(c) He thinks she's been attacked by George
(d) He thinks she's gone crazy
3. What does George tell Martha is the first thing they have to do?
(a) Identify the body
(b) Retain a priest
(c) Collect his effects
(d) Call a funeral home
4. What language does George begin speaking partway through Martha's description of their son?
5. What type of flowers is George carrying with him when he returns to the house?
6. What does Martha say she has to put on her eyes since getting married?
(b) Rose-tinted glasses
(c) Windshield wipers
(d) False eyelashes
7. Which of the following is not among the descriptors George uses to describe Martha during this section?
8. In what sport is George's protagonist a champion?
9. According to Martha and George, which two ideas are getting confused?
(a) Love and Fear
(b) Love and Hate
(c) Hope and Delusion
(d) Truth and Illusion
10. What kind of animal does Honey pretend to be when she enters the room?
(a) A rabbit
(b) A puppy
(c) A squirrel
(d) A cat
11. What does Honey do when she realizes Nick told George about her hysterical pregnancy?
(a) She storms out of the house
(b) She passes out
(c) She slaps him
(d) She throws up
12. What is George retrieving when he leaves Nick and Martha alone?
13. What does Martha accuse George of doing when she returns to the room?
(a) Making Honey throw up
(b) Drinking her booze
(c) Antagonizing Nick
(d) Cheating on her
14. What would Martha's father not allow George to do recently?
(a) Publish a book
(b) Teach a course in modern German history
(d) Take a sabbatical abroad
15. Honey obliquely mentions her hysterical pregnancy when she comes back into the room, but she calls it something else. What does she call it?
(a) A toothache
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a nickname that George gives to Honey during the dancing?
2. When can George handle Martha best, does he say?
3. What does George do with his book in the last moment of Act 2?
4. Where does Martha say she keeps her tears?
5. For what reason does Martha say George married her?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)