|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As George talks about his "second novel," where does he suggest the Midwestern lover begin to "poke around" with each other?
(a) In the hayloft
(b) Under the vanity table
(c) Behind the general store
(d) At the drive-in
2. For what reason does Martha say George married her?
(a) For her money
(b) For her torture of him
(c) For her father's influence
(d) For her body
3. Which of the following is not something to which Martha compares herself in her Act 3 monologue?
(a) An old shoe
(b) A creeping vine
(c) A vinegary wine
(d) A pussycat
4. Where is Honey sleeping at the end of Act 2?
(a) The lawn
(b) The hall
(c) The bathroom
(d) The spare bedroom
5. Which country does George warn against when he returns to the room?
6. How do George and Martha agree to describe the final passage of the night?
(a) Total war
(b) Dies Irae
7. What did George do with the telegram?
(a) He burned it
(b) He tore it up
(c) He framed it
(d) He ate it
8. As what does George say Martha uses their son?
(a) As a club
(b) As a wallet
(c) As a lover
(d) As a shoulder to cry on
9. Which of the following is not among the descriptors George uses to describe Martha during this section?
10. What is Honey doing with a liquor bottle in Act 3?
(a) Peeling the label
(b) Cradling it like a baby
(c) Smashing it in the bathtub
(d) Drinking the dregs of it
11. Which is not a game that Honey and George talk about having played?
(a) Snap the Dragon
(b) Peel the Label
(d) Up the Chuck
12. In what sport is George's protagonist a champion?
13. How does George silence Martha as she protests the game?
(a) He flips the coffee table
(b) He slaps her
(c) He kisses her
(d) He throws water in her face
14. What does George announce he is going to do after he returns to the room?
(a) Play a game
(b) Punch NIck
(c) Read a book
(d) Kiss Martha
15. Which of the follow is not among the things that Martha says George can do for her, as she tells Nick that she loves him?
(a) Make her laugh
(b) Play games with her
(c) Hold her
(d) Raise a child with her
Short Answer Questions
1. In what liquor does George tell Martha to put the flowers?
2. What is the Western Union courier's name?
3. According to George, how old was their son when Martha was still trying to bathe him herself?
4. What are we trying to find when we peel away at each other, according to George?
5. What does Honey loudly announce that she wants?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)