|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Honey do when she realizes Nick told George about her hysterical pregnancy?
(a) She slaps him
(b) She storms out of the house
(c) She throws up
(d) She passes out
2. What is George retrieving when he leaves Nick and Martha alone?
3. What type of weapon does Martha call herself when Nick says she hurt him?
(a) A flame thrower
(b) A gatling gun
(c) A cluster bomb
(d) An atomic bomb
4. Which country does George warn against when he returns to the room?
5. How does George silence Martha as she protests the game?
(a) He flips the coffee table
(b) He throws water in her face
(c) He slaps her
(d) He kisses her
6. Which composer does George put on as dance music?
7. What habit does George accuse Martha of in this scene?
(a) Chewing her ice
(b) Biting her nails
(c) Nibbling her glass
(d) Grinding her teeth
8. To what animal does George compare Martha when he calls her lovely?
(a) A lioness
(b) A dove
(c) A mouse
(d) A peacock
9. Where does Martha say she keeps her tears?
(a) In the toilet cistern
(b) In the shower
(c) In a reliquary
(d) In ice trays
10. As George talks about his "second novel," where does he suggest the Midwestern lover begin to "poke around" with each other?
(a) Under the vanity table
(b) At the drive-in
(c) In the hayloft
(d) Behind the general store
11. What does George suggest is under the bridge instead of water?
12. According to Martha and George, which two ideas are getting confused?
(a) Truth and Illusion
(b) Love and Hate
(c) Love and Fear
(d) Hope and Delusion
13. What contest does George say that Martha won twenty-five years ago?
(a) A dance marathon
(b) A triathalon
(c) A pie-eating contest
(d) A beauty pagaent
14. What color was the son's hair when he was born?
(b) He had no hair
15. What kind of animal does Honey pretend to be when she enters the room?
(a) A rabbit
(b) A puppy
(c) A cat
(d) A squirrel
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Honey doing with a liquor bottle in Act 3?
2. What is the name of the last game?
3. Which of the follow is not among the things that Martha says George can do for her, as she tells Nick that she loves him?
4. When can George handle Martha best, does he say?
5. What does Martha say she has to put on her eyes since getting married?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)