|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did George do with the telegram?
(a) He ate it
(b) He burned it
(c) He framed it
(d) He tore it up
2. What does Nick think has happened to Martha when he comes downstairs in Act 3?
(a) He thinks she's been attacked by George
(b) He thinks she's talking to Honey
(c) He thinks she's gone crazy
(d) He thinks she's fallen asleep
3. To what does Martha liken George's torment of Nick at the beginning of this scene?
(a) Shooting fish in a barrel
(b) Herding cats
(c) A midnight snack
(d) Pygmy hunting
4. How many times did George and Martha's son run away from home in one year according to Martha?
5. Where does Martha say she keeps her tears?
(a) In the toilet cistern
(b) In the shower
(c) In ice trays
(d) In a reliquary
6. What is Honey doing in her sleep, according to George?
(c) Sucking her thumb
7. Which country does George warn against when he returns to the room?
8. What landmark does George compare Honey to when she talks about getting sick?
(a) The Acropolis
(b) Big Ben
(c) The Sphinx
(d) Mount Rushmore
9. In what month was Martha's son born?
10. How does George silence Martha as she protests the game?
(a) He kisses her
(b) He slaps her
(c) He throws water in her face
(d) He flips the coffee table
11. When can George handle Martha best, does he say?
(a) When she's asleep
(b) When they're alone
(c) When they're in public
(d) When he's drunk
12. Which of the follow is not among the things that Martha says George can do for her, as she tells Nick that she loves him?
(a) Hold her
(b) Play games with her
(c) Raise a child with her
(d) Make her laugh
13. What does H.I. stand for on George's protagonist's baggage?
(a) Historical Inevitability
(b) Heavenly intercession
(c) Hope, Illinois
(d) Health and Intelligence
14. What does Honey loudly announce that she wants?
(a) A pillow
(b) A child
(c) A divorce
(d) A drink
15. What type of flowers is George carrying with him when he returns to the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what sport is George's protagonist a champion?
2. As what does George say Martha uses their son?
3. Which is not a game that Honey and George talk about having played?
4. What job does Martha assign to Nick in Act 3?
5. Which of the following is not on the list of dreadful things waiting for their son when he returns home in the summer?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)