|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Honey obliquely mentions her hysterical pregnancy when she comes back into the room, but she calls it something else. What does she call it?
(a) A toothache
2. What does George do during his game that offends Nick?
(a) He snaps at him
(b) He gropes Honey
(c) He calls him a gelding
(d) He slips his drink on him
3. How does George silence Martha as she protests the game?
(a) He flips the coffee table
(b) He slaps her
(c) He kisses her
(d) He throws water in her face
4. As Nick attacks George for betraying him, George says that he hates what?
5. Which of the following is not a nickname that George gives to Honey during the dancing?
(b) Angel tits
(c) Sugar tush
(d) Monkey nipples
6. As George talks about his "second novel," where does he suggest the Midwestern lover begin to "poke around" with each other?
(a) At the drive-in
(b) Behind the general store
(c) Under the vanity table
(d) In the hayloft
7. What onomatopoetic word does Martha use repeatedly to describe the moment she realized George was a lost cause?
8. In what liquor does George tell Martha to put the flowers?
9. How does George refer to his female protagonist in his "second novel?"
10. What does George do with his book in the last moment of Act 2?
(a) Tear it apart
(b) Throws it across the room
(c) Cries into it
(d) Continuess reading it
11. To what animal does George compare Martha when he calls her lovely?
(a) A lioness
(b) A mouse
(c) A peacock
(d) A dove
12. What time of day was George and Martha's son killed?
(c) Late morning
13. How many times did George and Martha's son run away from home in one year according to Martha?
14. Where does George say he picked the flowers?
(a) His parents' graves
(b) The university quad
(c) The garden outside
(d) The president's greenhouse
15. What landmark does George compare Honey to when she talks about getting sick?
(a) The Sphinx
(b) Big Ben
(c) Mount Rushmore
(d) The Acropolis
Short Answer Questions
1. What contest does George say that Martha won twenty-five years ago?
2. What type of flowers is George carrying with him when he returns to the house?
3. Which of the follow is not among the things that Martha says George can do for her, as she tells Nick that she loves him?
4. What part of George is broken according to Nick?
5. As what does George say Martha uses their son?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)