|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As George talks about his "second novel," where does he suggest the Midwestern lover begin to "poke around" with each other?
(a) Under the vanity table
(b) Behind the general store
(c) In the hayloft
(d) At the drive-in
2. What time of day was George and Martha's son killed?
(d) Late morning
3. What type of weapon does Martha call herself when Nick says she hurt him?
(a) A flame thrower
(b) A cluster bomb
(c) A gatling gun
(d) An atomic bomb
4. What onomatopoetic word does Martha use repeatedly to describe the moment she realized George was a lost cause?
5. In what sport is George's protagonist a champion?
6. What habit does George accuse Martha of in this scene?
(a) Grinding her teeth
(b) Chewing her ice
(c) Nibbling her glass
(d) Biting her nails
7. What is George retrieving when he leaves Nick and Martha alone?
8. What is the name of the last game?
(a) Bringing Up Baby
(b) Pin the Tail on the Boxer
(c) Morning Glory
(d) Doctor and the Houseboy
9. Which is not a game that Honey and George talk about having played?
(a) Peel the Label
(b) Snap the Dragon
(d) Up the Chuck
10. What is Honey doing with a liquor bottle in Act 3?
(a) Smashing it in the bathtub
(b) Peeling the label
(c) Cradling it like a baby
(d) Drinking the dregs of it
11. What does Nick blame his bad sexual performance on?
(a) His drinking
(b) His guilt
(c) His fear of George
(d) His lack of sleep
12. What kind of animal does Honey pretend to be when she enters the room?
(a) A puppy
(b) A rabbit
(c) A cat
(d) A squirrel
13. What type of flowers is George carrying with him when he returns to the house?
14. What does George do with his book in the last moment of Act 2?
(a) Tear it apart
(b) Continuess reading it
(c) Throws it across the room
(d) Cries into it
15. What is the Western Union courier's name?
(a) Crazy Billy
(b) Smelly Gerald
(c) Simple Jerry
(d) Nosey Evans
Short Answer Questions
1. What landmark does George compare Honey to when she talks about getting sick?
2. What does Martha accuse George of doing when she returns to the room?
3. According to Martha and George, which two ideas are getting confused?
4. Which of the following is not a nickname that George gives to Honey during the dancing?
5. Which of the following is not on the list of dreadful things waiting for their son when he returns home in the summer?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)