|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does George begin speaking partway through Martha's description of their son?
2. What does Nick blame his bad sexual performance on?
(a) His guilt
(b) His lack of sleep
(c) His fear of George
(d) His drinking
3. What are we trying to find when we peel away at each other, according to George?
4. What type of flowers is George carrying with him when he returns to the house?
5. What does George do with his book in the last moment of Act 2?
(a) Cries into it
(b) Continuess reading it
(c) Throws it across the room
(d) Tear it apart
6. Where is Honey sleeping at the end of Act 2?
(a) The lawn
(b) The spare bedroom
(c) The bathroom
(d) The hall
7. What would Martha's father not allow George to do recently?
(a) Publish a book
(b) Take a sabbatical abroad
(d) Teach a course in modern German history
8. How does Martha describe George's arguments during this scene?
9. What did George do with the telegram?
(a) He tore it up
(b) He ate it
(c) He framed it
(d) He burned it
10. For what reason does Martha say George married her?
(a) For her money
(b) For her body
(c) For her torture of him
(d) For her father's influence
11. George compares Nick to what animal as they argue about his upsetting Honey?
12. What time of day was George and Martha's son killed?
(d) Late morning
13. How does George refer to his female protagonist in his "second novel?"
14. To what does George compare when he suggests Nick throw her over his shoulder?
(a) A fur coat
(b) A sack of toys
(c) A bag of laundry
(d) A hobo bindle
15. In what liquor does George tell Martha to put the flowers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What three words are repeated in relation to George and Martha at the beginning of the third act?
2. What is the Western Union courier's name?
3. What does Honey do when she realizes Nick told George about her hysterical pregnancy?
4. Which of the following is not on the list of dreadful things waiting for their son when he returns home in the summer?
5. What does Nick think has happened to Martha when he comes downstairs in Act 3?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)