|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not among the descriptors George uses to describe Martha during this section?
2. What is Honey doing in her sleep, according to George?
(c) Sucking her thumb
3. What does Nick blame his bad sexual performance on?
(a) His fear of George
(b) His lack of sleep
(c) His drinking
(d) His guilt
4. What language does George begin speaking partway through Martha's description of their son?
5. What is George retrieving when he leaves Nick and Martha alone?
6. According to George, how old was their son when Martha was still trying to bathe him herself?
7. To what animal does George compare Martha when he calls her lovely?
(a) A lioness
(b) A peacock
(c) A mouse
(d) A dove
8. How does Martha describe George's arguments during this scene?
9. What habit does George accuse Martha of in this scene?
(a) Biting her nails
(b) Nibbling her glass
(c) Grinding her teeth
(d) Chewing her ice
10. What animal scared George and Martha's son, causing him to break his arm?
(a) A dog
(b) A goat
(c) A cow
(d) A chicken
11. As Nick attacks George for betraying him, George says that he hates what?
12. What kind of animal does Honey pretend to be when she enters the room?
(a) A cat
(b) A rabbit
(c) A squirrel
(d) A puppy
13. What does Martha accuse George of doing when she returns to the room?
(a) Antagonizing Nick
(b) Making Honey throw up
(c) Cheating on her
(d) Drinking her booze
14. To what does George compare when he suggests Nick throw her over his shoulder?
(a) A hobo bindle
(b) A sack of toys
(c) A bag of laundry
(d) A fur coat
15. George compares Nick to what animal as they argue about his upsetting Honey?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month was Martha's son born?
2. What three words are repeated in relation to George and Martha at the beginning of the third act?
3. In what sport is George's protagonist a champion?
4. What does Honey do when she realizes Nick told George about her hysterical pregnancy?
5. When, according to George,did he receive the fateful telegram?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)