|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Martha liken George's torment of Nick at the beginning of this scene?
(a) A midnight snack
(b) Pygmy hunting
(c) Herding cats
(d) Shooting fish in a barrel
2. To what animal does George compare Martha when he calls her lovely?
(a) A lioness
(b) A peacock
(c) A dove
(d) A mouse
3. How does Martha describe George's arguments during this scene?
4. Which is not a game that Honey and George talk about having played?
(a) Up the Chuck
(c) Snap the Dragon
(d) Peel the Label
5. What is Honey doing in her sleep, according to George?
(b) Sucking her thumb
6. What does Honey do when she realizes Nick told George about her hysterical pregnancy?
(a) She passes out
(b) She throws up
(c) She storms out of the house
(d) She slaps him
7. What onomatopoetic word does Martha use repeatedly to describe the moment she realized George was a lost cause?
8. What time of day was George and Martha's son killed?
(b) Late morning
9. To what does George compare when he suggests Nick throw her over his shoulder?
(a) A hobo bindle
(b) A sack of toys
(c) A bag of laundry
(d) A fur coat
10. As Nick attacks George for betraying him, George says that he hates what?
11. What color was the son's hair when he was born?
(b) He had no hair
12. What would Martha's father not allow George to do recently?
(a) Take a sabbatical abroad
(b) Teach a course in modern German history
(c) Publish a book
13. How many times did George and Martha's son run away from home in one year according to Martha?
14. Which of the following is not a nickname that George gives to Honey during the dancing?
(a) Angel tits
(b) Sugar tush
(d) Monkey nipples
15. What animal scared George and Martha's son, causing him to break his arm?
(a) A dog
(b) A goat
(c) A cow
(d) A chicken
Short Answer Questions
1. What is George retrieving when he leaves Nick and Martha alone?
2. What three words are repeated in relation to George and Martha at the beginning of the third act?
3. What does Nick blame his bad sexual performance on?
4. What landmark does George compare Honey to when she talks about getting sick?
5. Which of the following is not among the descriptors George uses to describe Martha during this section?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)