Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Act 1, Part 1
1. Describe the movie that Martha references at the beginning of the play.
2. Describe George.
3. What is Martha's plan for the rest of the night, and why aren't she and George going to bed?
4. How does Martha describe Nick and Honey?
5. Where does the title of the play come from?
6. What are some of the admonishments that George gives Martha in this section?
7. Describe George and Martha's bit involving a kiss.
This section contains 702 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)