|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Cross attacked?
2. Who breaks into Hughes' house?
3. Whose birthday does Cross forget?
4. What happens to the new Sire?
5. The Mastermind has no use for...
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Cross' opinion of Charles? Is the opinion based on fact or instinct?
2. What warning do William and Michael give to Jamilla? What is the consequence of the warning?
3. How does the crowd at the fetish ball react when they realize Cross and Hughes are cops?
4. Why is William cautious about choosing a victim in New Orleans? Does it deter him from feeding on a victim?
5. Why do such famous magicians perform in small venues? If there is opportunity to make more money, why settle for less?
6. Why is the Mastermind angry with Cross? Is the anger reasonable?
7. How does Cross react when Jamilla reiterates her intense dislike of Craig?
8. What does Cross find in the tunnel? How is it related to the case?
9. What makes Cross think that Craig is about to do something to hurt his family?
10. Who appears in place of Daniel and Charles? What was the purpose of the switch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part of the Mastermind's plan was to stalk and harass Cross before killing the detective. The Mastermind made good use of the phone to complete the plan. Craig electronically altered his voice and set up a remote trigger to place the calls. Explain how this might have been achieved.
Essay Topic 2
Peter Westin, the new Sire, is captured and taken off to jail. What do you think will happen to Westin? Do you think Westin will be charged with murder? What will happen within the vampire community without the presence of the Sire?
Essay Topic 3
During the fetish ball, two vampire princes are murdered before they can be crowned. What was the purpose of the murders? Were the victims part of the plan or were their deaths borne of opportunity?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)