|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confronts Hughes and takes her to the vampires?
2. Where does Cross meet up with his family?
3. How does Cross taunt Craig?
4. Who is the Mastermind?
5. What is the suspected location of the vampires?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cross handle staying at home during his recovery?
2. Why does Cross fly to California? Does the sudden flight have more to do with the case or Jamilla?
3. How is Cross able to stay in San Francisco when his family might be in danger?
4. How does Cross identify Jamilla from the other robed figures? How sure was Cross of the identification?
5. Who appears in place of Daniel and Charles? What was the purpose of the switch?
6. What is Cross' opinion of Charles? Is the opinion based on fact or instinct?
7. What does Cross find in the tunnel? How is it related to the case?
8. Why do some of the fetish ball participants agree to talk during the police interview?
9. Why is Craig so pleased with himself and his unique accomplishments?
10. Why does Craig suspect that the FBI knows about his alter ego?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The reader is encouraged to see similarities between Cross and Craig. Compare and contrast the characters' personal and professional personalities.
Essay Topic 2
Jamilla Hughes is a strong, no nonsense woman which is attractive to Cross. Examine Cross' relationship with strong women and how they benefit the detective's life.
Essay Topic 3
During the fetish ball, two vampire princes are murdered before they can be crowned. What was the purpose of the murders? Were the victims part of the plan or were their deaths borne of opportunity?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)