|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cross is concerned because he has not received a call from...
2. What time do Cross and Hughes arrive at the party?
3. Who corroborates Cross' theory about Craig's brother?
4. Why is the Mastermind superior to other killers?
5. Where does Cross meet up with his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the Santa Cruz police reluctant to help Hughes? How does Hughes react to Lieutenant Conover?
2. What makes Cross think that Craig is about to do something to hurt his family?
3. Who appears in place of Daniel and Charles? What was the purpose of the switch?
4. How does Cross identify Jamilla from the other robed figures? How sure was Cross of the identification?
5. What is the purpose of the press conference with Cross and Craig? Was it effective?
6. Why is Cross in a panic when he reaches San Francisco?
7. Why do some of the fetish ball participants agree to talk during the police interview?
8. How does Cross handle staying at home during his recovery?
9. Why does Cross think Craig killed his brother? Is the feeling accurate?
10. What warning do William and Michael give to Jamilla? What is the consequence of the warning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kyle Craig is a murderous sociopath who is able to fool master profiler Cross. How is this possible? Does the friendship between Cross and Craig have any effect on Cross' opinions?
Essay Topic 2
Part of the Mastermind's plan was to stalk and harass Cross before killing the detective. The Mastermind made good use of the phone to complete the plan. Craig electronically altered his voice and set up a remote trigger to place the calls. Explain how this might have been achieved.
Essay Topic 3
The Mastermind is revealed to be Kyle Craig, Cross' friend and colleague. How is it possible that the Mastermind could stalk and terrorize Cross for so long without being found out? Why was Cross blind to Craig's clues? What was the biggest clue left by Craig?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)