|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who/what does Cross request at the new headquarters?
2. What class does Cross take at the end of story?
3. Why is Cross delayed in meeting up with Craig?
4. Craig's description of what sends Cross over the edge?
5. What new item does Cross find at the murder scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Mastermind choose not to kill Cross? How long will the Mastermind wait to murder the detective?
2. What is the result of Cross' trip to see Martin Craig? Does Martin confirm or deny Cross' analysis?
3. Why is Peter Westin in the black truck? Is Cross surprised at Westin's presence?
4. How does Cross handle staying at home during his recovery?
5. What is Hughes' reaction when Cross warns her not to go to Santa Cruz alone? Does Hughes heed the warning?
6. What prompts Cross to wonder about the new Sire? Will there be someone to step into the role?
7. Why is the Mastermind angry with Cross? Is the anger reasonable?
8. Why does Cross fly to California? Does the sudden flight have more to do with the case or Jamilla?
9. Why does Cross not feel the usual sense of relief after Westin is caught?
10. What does Cross find in the tunnel? How is it related to the case?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The reader is encouraged to see similarities between Cross and Craig. Compare and contrast the characters' personal and professional personalities.
Essay Topic 2
Cross talks about serial killers and how it is common for the killers to have fulfilling personal relationships. How is this possible? Is this due to a mental illness or personality disorder? Do you think Kyle Craig's spouse is aware of his activities?
Essay Topic 3
William and Michael go to the fetish ball in order to kill Daniel and Charles. Peter Westin was also present. How did the vampires enter the ball unnoticed? With supreme master vampire powers, Daniel and Charles should have picked up on the other vampires' energy. How did the trio escape the Sire's notice? Did they find a way to block their energy?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)