|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Cross to link Craig to his brother's death?
2. Who confronts Hughes and takes her to the vampires?
3. How does Craig view Cross?
4. What is the rank of Harry Conover?
5. What does Craig use to stab Cross?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Cross think that Craig is about to do something to hurt his family?
2. Why is Cross in a panic when he reaches San Francisco?
3. What warning do William and Michael give to Jamilla? What is the consequence of the warning?
4. What does Cross find in the tunnel? How is it related to the case?
5. Why is Craig so pleased with himself and his unique accomplishments?
6. What is Hughes' reaction when Cross warns her not to go to Santa Cruz alone? Does Hughes heed the warning?
7. Who appears in place of Daniel and Charles? What was the purpose of the switch?
8. Why do some of the fetish ball participants agree to talk during the police interview?
9. Why does the Mastermind choose not to kill Cross? How long will the Mastermind wait to murder the detective?
10. Why is Peter Westin in the black truck? Is Cross surprised at Westin's presence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Mastermind is revealed to be Kyle Craig, Cross' friend and colleague. How is it possible that the Mastermind could stalk and terrorize Cross for so long without being found out? Why was Cross blind to Craig's clues? What was the biggest clue left by Craig?
Essay Topic 2
Cross and Jamilla are in the midst of a budding relationship during the case. Explain how the relationship affects the investigation. Did the involvement change anything? Were Cross' behavior or motives different during Jamilla's rescue because of the relationship?
Essay Topic 3
What is a fetish? What is the purpose of having a fetish ball? Would the story be able to move forward given a different setting for the final murders?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)