|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Craig claim he won't be convicted?
2. How are the vampires and Hughes disguised?
3. Who does not die at the ball?
4. How did Cross get inside Jamilla's house?
5. Who had recruited William and Michael?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the press conference with Cross and Craig? Was it effective?
2. What is the result of Cross' trip to see Martin Craig? Does Martin confirm or deny Cross' analysis?
3. Why do some of the fetish ball participants agree to talk during the police interview?
4. How does Cross identify Jamilla from the other robed figures? How sure was Cross of the identification?
5. Why are the Santa Cruz police reluctant to help Hughes? How does Hughes react to Lieutenant Conover?
6. What prompts Cross to wonder about the new Sire? Will there be someone to step into the role?
7. Why is Cross in a panic when he reaches San Francisco?
8. Why does Craig suspect that the FBI knows about his alter ego?
9. Who appears in place of Daniel and Charles? What was the purpose of the switch?
10. Why is Peter Westin in the black truck? Is Cross surprised at Westin's presence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the Mastermind want Cross to be single? Why is it important for Cross to work alone? How does Cross' work with a partner affect the battle with the Mastermind?
Essay Topic 2
Cross talks about serial killers and how it is common for the killers to have fulfilling personal relationships. How is this possible? Is this due to a mental illness or personality disorder? Do you think Kyle Craig's spouse is aware of his activities?
Essay Topic 3
Peter Westin, the new Sire, is captured and taken off to jail. What do you think will happen to Westin? Do you think Westin will be charged with murder? What will happen within the vampire community without the presence of the Sire?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)