|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Mastermind when he calls Cross?
2. What is the suspected location of the vampires?
3. What is the rank of Harry Conover?
4. Where are the police headed to find the murderers?
5. Where does Cross wait for the Mastermind?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do some of the fetish ball participants agree to talk during the police interview?
2. Why does Cross not feel the usual sense of relief after Westin is caught?
3. Why is the Mastermind angry with Cross? Is the anger reasonable?
4. Why does Craig suspect that the FBI knows about his alter ego?
5. Why do such famous magicians perform in small venues? If there is opportunity to make more money, why settle for less?
6. How does Cross react when Jamilla reiterates her intense dislike of Craig?
7. What makes Cross think that Craig is about to do something to hurt his family?
8. Why does Cross fly to California? Does the sudden flight have more to do with the case or Jamilla?
9. How does Cross handle staying at home during his recovery?
10. What is Cross' opinion of Charles? Is the opinion based on fact or instinct?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cross and Jamilla are in the midst of a budding relationship during the case. Explain how the relationship affects the investigation. Did the involvement change anything? Were Cross' behavior or motives different during Jamilla's rescue because of the relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Kate McTiernan played a victim in one of Patterson's previous novels where she was kidnapped by the Casanova killer. Examine how the author uses Kate to show how each character has grown and changed.
Essay Topic 3
During the fetish ball, two vampire princes are murdered before they can be crowned. What was the purpose of the murders? Were the victims part of the plan or were their deaths borne of opportunity?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)