|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Craig's family live?
2. Where does the tunnel lead?
3. Where does Cross meet up with his family?
4. What does Hughes pretend to be looking for when she is approached?
5. Who treats Cross to breakfast in bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Mastermind angry with Cross? Is the anger reasonable?
2. Why is Cross in a panic when he reaches San Francisco?
3. What makes Cross think that Craig is about to do something to hurt his family?
4. Why do some of the fetish ball participants agree to talk during the police interview?
5. Why does Craig suspect that the FBI knows about his alter ego?
6. How does Cross handle staying at home during his recovery?
7. How is Cross able to stay in San Francisco when his family might be in danger?
8. Why does Cross fly to California? Does the sudden flight have more to do with the case or Jamilla?
9. Why is Peter Westin in the black truck? Is Cross surprised at Westin's presence?
10. Why does Cross not feel the usual sense of relief after Westin is caught?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Mastermind is revealed to be Kyle Craig, Cross' friend and colleague. How is it possible that the Mastermind could stalk and terrorize Cross for so long without being found out? Why was Cross blind to Craig's clues? What was the biggest clue left by Craig?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's choice of settings for the book. Why do you think New Orleans was the site of the climax for the vampire murders? Would you have chosen a different setting?
Essay Topic 3
Part of the Mastermind's plan was to stalk and harass Cross before killing the detective. The Mastermind made good use of the phone to complete the plan. Craig electronically altered his voice and set up a remote trigger to place the calls. Explain how this might have been achieved.
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)