|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the magicians live?
2. Who joins Cross in his plan to discredit Craig?
3. Who does Cross save in the tunnel?
4. Who is not present in the tunnel?
5. Who serves as protector to Nana and the kids?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is William cautious about choosing a victim in New Orleans? Does it deter him from feeding on a victim?
2. What does Cross find in the tunnel? How is it related to the case?
3. Why do such famous magicians perform in small venues? If there is opportunity to make more money, why settle for less?
4. How does the crowd at the fetish ball react when they realize Cross and Hughes are cops?
5. Why does the Mastermind call Cross to talk about the Taylors' murders?
6. What is Hughes' reaction when Cross warns her not to go to Santa Cruz alone? Does Hughes heed the warning?
7. What makes Cross think that Craig is about to do something to hurt his family?
8. Why do some of the fetish ball participants agree to talk during the police interview?
9. What warning do William and Michael give to Jamilla? What is the consequence of the warning?
10. Why is Jamilla so angry with Craig? Is the anger based on reality or perception?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's choice of settings for the book. Why do you think New Orleans was the site of the climax for the vampire murders? Would you have chosen a different setting?
Essay Topic 2
William and Michael go to the fetish ball in order to kill Daniel and Charles. Peter Westin was also present. How did the vampires enter the ball unnoticed? With supreme master vampire powers, Daniel and Charles should have picked up on the other vampires' energy. How did the trio escape the Sire's notice? Did they find a way to block their energy?
Essay Topic 3
What is a fetish? What is the purpose of having a fetish ball? Would the story be able to move forward given a different setting for the final murders?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)