|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reaction of the police when confronted by Hughes?
2. Who does Cross save in the tunnel?
3. Which of the performers catches Cross' eye?
4. Where does Aunt Tia live?
5. Where do the magicians live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the Santa Cruz police reluctant to help Hughes? How does Hughes react to Lieutenant Conover?
2. Why is William cautious about choosing a victim in New Orleans? Does it deter him from feeding on a victim?
3. How does Cross handle staying at home during his recovery?
4. Why is Craig so pleased with himself and his unique accomplishments?
5. Why is the Mastermind angry with Cross? Is the anger reasonable?
6. What is the result of Cross' trip to see Martin Craig? Does Martin confirm or deny Cross' analysis?
7. Why does Cross resign from the police department? How will the change affect Nana and the kids?
8. What is the purpose of the press conference with Cross and Craig? Was it effective?
9. What is Cross' opinion of Charles? Is the opinion based on fact or instinct?
10. What makes Cross think that Craig is about to do something to hurt his family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cross manages to take time out from the case to spend at home with Nana and the kids. Describe how the breaks affect Cross. Is the detective able to put the case aside in order to spend time at home? How does Nana react to the hectic lifestyle?
Essay Topic 2
Jamilla Hughes is a strong, no nonsense woman which is attractive to Cross. Examine Cross' relationship with strong women and how they benefit the detective's life.
Essay Topic 3
Why does the Mastermind want Cross to be single? Why is it important for Cross to work alone? How does Cross' work with a partner affect the battle with the Mastermind?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)