|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Cross get inside Jamilla's house?
2. Cross is concerned because he has not received a call from...
3. Whose birthday does Cross forget?
4. The Mastermind wants Cross to remain...
5. To what does Cross tie the murders?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the Santa Cruz police reluctant to help Hughes? How does Hughes react to Lieutenant Conover?
2. Why is Peter Westin in the black truck? Is Cross surprised at Westin's presence?
3. Why does Cross fly to California? Does the sudden flight have more to do with the case or Jamilla?
4. Why is William cautious about choosing a victim in New Orleans? Does it deter him from feeding on a victim?
5. How does Cross handle staying at home during his recovery?
6. Why does the Mastermind call Cross to talk about the Taylors' murders?
7. Why do such famous magicians perform in small venues? If there is opportunity to make more money, why settle for less?
8. How does the crowd at the fetish ball react when they realize Cross and Hughes are cops?
9. What is the result of Cross' trip to see Martin Craig? Does Martin confirm or deny Cross' analysis?
10. Why is the Mastermind angry with Cross? Is the anger reasonable?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kyle Craig is a murderous sociopath who is able to fool master profiler Cross. How is this possible? Does the friendship between Cross and Craig have any effect on Cross' opinions?
Essay Topic 2
Why does the Mastermind want Cross to be single? Why is it important for Cross to work alone? How does Cross' work with a partner affect the battle with the Mastermind?
Essay Topic 3
Jamilla Hughes is a strong, no nonsense woman which is attractive to Cross. Examine Cross' relationship with strong women and how they benefit the detective's life.
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)