|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the magicians emulate?
2. Who spots the cops at the magicians' house?
3. Whose birthday does Cross forget?
4. Who confronts Hughes and takes her to the vampires?
5. Who is Burns?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the press conference with Cross and Craig? Was it effective?
2. Why is Craig so pleased with himself and his unique accomplishments?
3. Why is Jamilla so angry with Craig? Is the anger based on reality or perception?
4. Why is Cross in a panic when he reaches San Francisco?
5. How does Cross handle staying at home during his recovery?
6. Why is Peter Westin in the black truck? Is Cross surprised at Westin's presence?
7. Who appears in place of Daniel and Charles? What was the purpose of the switch?
8. Why does Cross resign from the police department? How will the change affect Nana and the kids?
9. How does Cross react when Jamilla reiterates her intense dislike of Craig?
10. Why do some of the fetish ball participants agree to talk during the police interview?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kate McTiernan played a victim in one of Patterson's previous novels where she was kidnapped by the Casanova killer. Examine how the author uses Kate to show how each character has grown and changed.
Essay Topic 2
William and Michael go to the fetish ball in order to kill Daniel and Charles. Peter Westin was also present. How did the vampires enter the ball unnoticed? With supreme master vampire powers, Daniel and Charles should have picked up on the other vampires' energy. How did the trio escape the Sire's notice? Did they find a way to block their energy?
Essay Topic 3
The reader is encouraged to see similarities between Cross and Craig. Compare and contrast the characters' personal and professional personalities.
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)