|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hands out the assignments for the newest operation?
2. What was the purpose of Daniel and Charles' deaths?
3. What is Hughes' opinion of Craig?
4. What is the biggest clue about Craig's obsession?
5. How does Craig view Cross?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cross fly to California? Does the sudden flight have more to do with the case or Jamilla?
2. Why does Craig suspect that the FBI knows about his alter ego?
3. Who appears in place of Daniel and Charles? What was the purpose of the switch?
4. Why do such famous magicians perform in small venues? If there is opportunity to make more money, why settle for less?
5. Why is the Mastermind angry with Cross? Is the anger reasonable?
6. Why does Cross think Craig killed his brother? Is the feeling accurate?
7. How does Cross handle staying at home during his recovery?
8. What is the result of Cross' trip to see Martin Craig? Does Martin confirm or deny Cross' analysis?
9. How does Cross identify Jamilla from the other robed figures? How sure was Cross of the identification?
10. Why does the Mastermind choose not to kill Cross? How long will the Mastermind wait to murder the detective?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Mastermind is revealed to be Kyle Craig, Cross' friend and colleague. How is it possible that the Mastermind could stalk and terrorize Cross for so long without being found out? Why was Cross blind to Craig's clues? What was the biggest clue left by Craig?
Essay Topic 2
The reader is encouraged to see similarities between Cross and Craig. Compare and contrast the characters' personal and professional personalities.
Essay Topic 3
During the fetish ball, two vampire princes are murdered before they can be crowned. What was the purpose of the murders? Were the victims part of the plan or were their deaths borne of opportunity?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)