|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Mastermind?
2. Why does Craig claim he won't be convicted?
3. Why does Craig stay away?
4. What is the supposed Vampire Capital of the World?
5. What is the mistake Craig made?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cross fly to California? Does the sudden flight have more to do with the case or Jamilla?
2. Why are the Santa Cruz police reluctant to help Hughes? How does Hughes react to Lieutenant Conover?
3. How is Cross able to stay in San Francisco when his family might be in danger?
4. Why does Cross think Craig killed his brother? Is the feeling accurate?
5. What is the result of Cross' trip to see Martin Craig? Does Martin confirm or deny Cross' analysis?
6. What is the purpose of the press conference with Cross and Craig? Was it effective?
7. Why is Cross in a panic when he reaches San Francisco?
8. Why do such famous magicians perform in small venues? If there is opportunity to make more money, why settle for less?
9. What prompts Cross to wonder about the new Sire? Will there be someone to step into the role?
10. Why is William cautious about choosing a victim in New Orleans? Does it deter him from feeding on a victim?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kyle Craig is a murderous sociopath who is able to fool master profiler Cross. How is this possible? Does the friendship between Cross and Craig have any effect on Cross' opinions?
Essay Topic 2
Cross manages to take time out from the case to spend at home with Nana and the kids. Describe how the breaks affect Cross. Is the detective able to put the case aside in order to spend time at home? How does Nana react to the hectic lifestyle?
Essay Topic 3
Why does the Mastermind want Cross to be single? Why is it important for Cross to work alone? How does Cross' work with a partner affect the battle with the Mastermind?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)