|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the irony in Craig's murderous career?
2. Mastermind believes what is about to happen?
3. Who is Burns?
4. Who is jealous of Cross' feelings for a colleague?
5. What time do Cross and Hughes arrive at the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Cross in a panic when he reaches San Francisco?
2. Why does the Mastermind choose not to kill Cross? How long will the Mastermind wait to murder the detective?
3. Why is William cautious about choosing a victim in New Orleans? Does it deter him from feeding on a victim?
4. What warning do William and Michael give to Jamilla? What is the consequence of the warning?
5. How does the crowd at the fetish ball react when they realize Cross and Hughes are cops?
6. How does Cross handle staying at home during his recovery?
7. Why are the Santa Cruz police reluctant to help Hughes? How does Hughes react to Lieutenant Conover?
8. How does Cross react when Jamilla reiterates her intense dislike of Craig?
9. What prompts Cross to wonder about the new Sire? Will there be someone to step into the role?
10. Who appears in place of Daniel and Charles? What was the purpose of the switch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Peter Westin, the new Sire, is captured and taken off to jail. What do you think will happen to Westin? Do you think Westin will be charged with murder? What will happen within the vampire community without the presence of the Sire?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's choice of settings for the book. Why do you think New Orleans was the site of the climax for the vampire murders? Would you have chosen a different setting?
Essay Topic 3
Cross had to face Craig one more time at Kate McTiernan's house. How did the confrontation change Cross? Do you think Kyle Craig will be put in prison for life? How will the absence of the Mastermind affect Cross' future cases?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)