|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Craig view Cross?
2. What is the suspected location of the vampires?
3. What is the biggest clue about Craig's obsession?
4. Cross is concerned because he has not received a call from...
5. What does Hughes pretend to be looking for when she is approached?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Peter Westin in the black truck? Is Cross surprised at Westin's presence?
2. Why does the Mastermind call Cross to talk about the Taylors' murders?
3. How is Cross able to stay in San Francisco when his family might be in danger?
4. Why is the Mastermind angry with Cross? Is the anger reasonable?
5. What is the purpose of the press conference with Cross and Craig? Was it effective?
6. How does the crowd at the fetish ball react when they realize Cross and Hughes are cops?
7. Why do such famous magicians perform in small venues? If there is opportunity to make more money, why settle for less?
8. Why is Cross in a panic when he reaches San Francisco?
9. Why is Craig so pleased with himself and his unique accomplishments?
10. What prompts Cross to wonder about the new Sire? Will there be someone to step into the role?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cross talks about serial killers and how it is common for the killers to have fulfilling personal relationships. How is this possible? Is this due to a mental illness or personality disorder? Do you think Kyle Craig's spouse is aware of his activities?
Essay Topic 2
Cross manages to take time out from the case to spend at home with Nana and the kids. Describe how the breaks affect Cross. Is the detective able to put the case aside in order to spend time at home? How does Nana react to the hectic lifestyle?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's choice of settings for the book. Why do you think New Orleans was the site of the climax for the vampire murders? Would you have chosen a different setting?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)