|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who follows the magicians to New Orleans?
2. What is the reaction of the police when confronted by Hughes?
3. Where is the Mastermind when he calls Cross?
4. Where does Aunt Tia live?
5. Who breaks into Hughes' house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of Cross' trip to see Martin Craig? Does Martin confirm or deny Cross' analysis?
2. How does Cross identify Jamilla from the other robed figures? How sure was Cross of the identification?
3. Why does the Mastermind call Cross to talk about the Taylors' murders?
4. Why does Cross not feel the usual sense of relief after Westin is caught?
5. Why does Cross resign from the police department? How will the change affect Nana and the kids?
6. Why is Cross in a panic when he reaches San Francisco?
7. How is Cross able to stay in San Francisco when his family might be in danger?
8. Why does Cross think Craig killed his brother? Is the feeling accurate?
9. Why does Craig suspect that the FBI knows about his alter ego?
10. Why is William cautious about choosing a victim in New Orleans? Does it deter him from feeding on a victim?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
During the fetish ball, two vampire princes are murdered before they can be crowned. What was the purpose of the murders? Were the victims part of the plan or were their deaths borne of opportunity?
Essay Topic 2
Kyle Craig is a murderous sociopath who is able to fool master profiler Cross. How is this possible? Does the friendship between Cross and Craig have any effect on Cross' opinions?
Essay Topic 3
Part of the Mastermind's plan was to stalk and harass Cross before killing the detective. The Mastermind made good use of the phone to complete the plan. Craig electronically altered his voice and set up a remote trigger to place the calls. Explain how this might have been achieved.
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)