|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cross finally confront Craig?
2. What was the purpose of Daniel and Charles' deaths?
3. Who is Burns?
4. Who had recruited William and Michael?
5. Why are the visitors worried about finding prey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Craig so pleased with himself and his unique accomplishments?
2. Why does Cross resign from the police department? How will the change affect Nana and the kids?
3. What prompts Cross to wonder about the new Sire? Will there be someone to step into the role?
4. What is Hughes' reaction when Cross warns her not to go to Santa Cruz alone? Does Hughes heed the warning?
5. Why do such famous magicians perform in small venues? If there is opportunity to make more money, why settle for less?
6. How does Cross handle staying at home during his recovery?
7. Why does the Mastermind call Cross to talk about the Taylors' murders?
8. What is Cross' opinion of Charles? Is the opinion based on fact or instinct?
9. How is Cross able to stay in San Francisco when his family might be in danger?
10. What is the result of Cross' trip to see Martin Craig? Does Martin confirm or deny Cross' analysis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cross had to face Craig one more time at Kate McTiernan's house. How did the confrontation change Cross? Do you think Kyle Craig will be put in prison for life? How will the absence of the Mastermind affect Cross' future cases?
Essay Topic 2
Cross manages to take time out from the case to spend at home with Nana and the kids. Describe how the breaks affect Cross. Is the detective able to put the case aside in order to spend time at home? How does Nana react to the hectic lifestyle?
Essay Topic 3
During the fetish ball, two vampire princes are murdered before they can be crowned. What was the purpose of the murders? Were the victims part of the plan or were their deaths borne of opportunity?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)