|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the brothers' next victims?
2. Where does Cross live?
3. What noise do the victims hear before being attacked?
4. Who joins Cross down south?
5. What was the name of Cross' wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the brothers stop in Savannah? What was their opinion of the city?
2. What is the purpose of the Mastermind breaking into the Cross house?
3. Why do William and Michael decide not to go after Cross and Craig? Were the brothers' assumptions correct?
4. Why is William disgusted with the celebrity couple? Why was the couple chosen?
5. What are some of the reasons that becoming an FBI agent seems appealing to Cross? How would leaving the Metro police department affect Cross?
6. Why aren't the killers interested in money or material possessions? Why do the vampires always leave money and jewelery behind after killing a victim?
7. Why is Cross relieved when Kyle Craig agrees to fly to San Francisco? What about Craig makes Cross feel secure?
8. Why did Irwin Snyder kill his parents? Were the murders part of the larger plot?
9. How do you think the Mastermind is connected to Cross? Why do Cross' partners keep being murdered by the Mastermind?
10. What initially deters the Mastermind from killing Cross? Why does the Mastermind postpone the plan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cross manages to take time out from the case to spend at home with Nana and the kids. Describe how the breaks affect Cross. Is the detective able to put the case aside in order to spend time at home? How does Nana react to the hectic lifestyle?
Essay Topic 2
Jamilla Hughes is a strong, no nonsense woman which is attractive to Cross. Examine Cross' relationship with strong women and how they benefit the detective's life.
Essay Topic 3
Why does the Mastermind want Cross to be single? Why is it important for Cross to work alone? How does Cross' work with a partner affect the battle with the Mastermind?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)