|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Cross and the dinner guest connected?
2. Who does Cross meet for dinner to reminisce?
3. What was the name of Cross' wife?
4. Who is responsible for the most recent murder?
5. What surprising decision does Cross make?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do you think the Mastermind is connected to Cross? Why do Cross' partners keep being murdered by the Mastermind?
2. Why do William and Michael decide not to go after Cross and Craig? Were the brothers' assumptions correct?
3. Why do the police believe that more than two vampires are responsible for the murders? What proof do they have that it might be true?
4. There are strong expectations put upon Cross about attending his son's concert. Why is there such significance about Cross' presence?
5. What initially deters the Mastermind from killing Cross? Why does the Mastermind postpone the plan?
6. What did Snyder intend to do after the murders? How did Irwin plan to live out his dreams of being a true vampire?
7. What is the one thing that makes William most angry? Why is it such a problem?
8. How does Cross react to his meeting with Peter Westin? Is the meeting successful?
9. Where does the Mastermind sit and think about his superiority? In what areas is the Mastermind superior to Cross?
10. What was Craig's opinion of Kate? Has the opinion changed since Craig last saw Kate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cross had to face Craig one more time at Kate McTiernan's house. How did the confrontation change Cross? Do you think Kyle Craig will be put in prison for life? How will the absence of the Mastermind affect Cross' future cases?
Essay Topic 2
What is a fetish? What is the purpose of having a fetish ball? Would the story be able to move forward given a different setting for the final murders?
Essay Topic 3
Why does the Mastermind want Cross to be single? Why is it important for Cross to work alone? How does Cross' work with a partner affect the battle with the Mastermind?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)