|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Cross and the dinner guest connected?
2. Where do William and Michael go after they leave California?
3. Where does Cross go after leads dry up?
4. Cross heads to the next crime scene in which state?
5. How is the second person killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What initially deters the Mastermind from killing Cross? Why does the Mastermind postpone the plan?
2. How do you think the Mastermind is connected to Cross? Why do Cross' partners keep being murdered by the Mastermind?
3. Why did the brothers stop in Savannah? What was their opinion of the city?
4. What are some of the reasons that becoming an FBI agent seems appealing to Cross? How would leaving the Metro police department affect Cross?
5. What prompted William and Michael's love of extreme sports? Why are the sports so appealing?
6. Why aren't the killers interested in money or material possessions? Why do the vampires always leave money and jewelery behind after killing a victim?
7. Why does the Mastermind keep leaving clues for Cross?
8. Who is Irwin Snyder? Why is he important to the story?
9. Why do William and Michael decide not to go after Cross and Craig? Were the brothers' assumptions correct?
10. Why does Cross think that becoming involved with Jamilla could be dangerous? How does Jamilla react to Cross' distance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cross had to face Craig one more time at Kate McTiernan's house. How did the confrontation change Cross? Do you think Kyle Craig will be put in prison for life? How will the absence of the Mastermind affect Cross' future cases?
Essay Topic 2
John Sampson typically plays an integral role in the Alex Cross series. However, in "Violets are Blue," Sampson has a supporting, albeit important, role. Why is Sampson's role in the story important? How might the story have changed if Sampson had not been involved?
Essay Topic 3
During the fetish ball, two vampire princes are murdered before they can be crowned. What was the purpose of the murders? Were the victims part of the plan or were their deaths borne of opportunity?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)