|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who watches the Cross house at night?
2. Where does Cross live?
3. What does William hate?
4. Who are the brothers' next victims?
5. Where do William and Michael go after they leave California?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do you think the Mastermind is connected to Cross? Why do Cross' partners keep being murdered by the Mastermind?
2. Why does Cross think that becoming involved with Jamilla could be dangerous? How does Jamilla react to Cross' distance?
3. What warning do William and Michael give to Jamilla? What is the consequence of the warning?
4. Why is Cross in a panic when he reaches San Francisco?
5. What does Cross find in the tunnel? How is it related to the case?
6. What is the one thing that makes William most angry? Why is it such a problem?
7. What is Cross' opinion of Charles? Is the opinion based on fact or instinct?
8. Why is William cautious about choosing a victim in New Orleans? Does it deter him from feeding on a victim?
9. How does Craig respond to Cross' questions about the Betsey Cavelierre case? Why have the police not been able to solve the crime?
10. How does Cross react when Jamilla reiterates her intense dislike of Craig?
Essay Topic 1
Cross had to face Craig one more time at Kate McTiernan's house. How did the confrontation change Cross? Do you think Kyle Craig will be put in prison for life? How will the absence of the Mastermind affect Cross' future cases?
Essay Topic 2
The reader is encouraged to see similarities between Cross and Craig. Compare and contrast the characters' personal and professional personalities.
Essay Topic 3
Part of the Mastermind's plan was to stalk and harass Cross before killing the detective. The Mastermind made good use of the phone to complete the plan. Craig electronically altered his voice and set up a remote trigger to place the calls. Explain how this might have been achieved.
This section contains 1,284 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)