Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. William remembers which consensual partner?
2. What does the Mastermind do at the Cross house?
3. Which philosopher believed that the world only gets more vile and wicked?
4. At what time does the Mastermind arrive at the Cross house?
5. Where is Cross' normal day job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prompted William and Michael's love of extreme sports? Why are the sports so appealing?
2. What are some of the reasons that becoming an FBI agent seems appealing to Cross? How would leaving the Metro police department affect Cross?
3. Why is Jamilla so angry with Craig? Is the anger based on reality or perception?
4. While at home, Cross takes little Alex out for a walk in his stroller. What does Cross request from Little Alex?
5. How are Craig and Cross tied to Kate McTiernan? How has their relationship changed?
6. Why do the police believe that more than two vampires are responsible for the murders? What proof do they have that it might be true?
7. Why did the brothers stop in Savannah? What was their opinion of the city?
8. What is Alex Cross' perception of Jamilla Hughes? Why is Cross reluctant to get close to Jamilla?
9. Why did William reject the trampy girls? How did the girls react to the rejection?
10. How do you think the Mastermind is connected to Cross? Why do Cross' partners keep being murdered by the Mastermind?
Kyle Craig is a murderous sociopath who is able to fool master profiler Cross. How is this possible? Does the friendship between Cross and Craig have any effect on Cross' opinions?
Examine the author's choice of settings for the book. Why do you think New Orleans was the site of the climax for the vampire murders? Would you have chosen a different setting?
John Sampson typically plays an integral role in the Alex Cross series. However, in "Violets are Blue," Sampson has a supporting, albeit important, role. Why is Sampson's role in the story important? How might the story have changed if Sampson had not been involved?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)