|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the vampires stop to feed?
2. Where does Cross go after leads dry up?
3. What is the purpose for the visit?
4. What is the name of the decapitated performer?
5. Where does the next murder occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. While at home, Cross takes little Alex out for a walk in his stroller. What does Cross request from Little Alex?
2. Why did the brothers stop in Savannah? What was their opinion of the city?
3. There are strong expectations put upon Cross about attending his son's concert. Why is there such significance about Cross' presence?
4. What prompted William and Michael's love of extreme sports? Why are the sports so appealing?
5. Why aren't the killers interested in money or material possessions? Why do the vampires always leave money and jewelery behind after killing a victim?
6. Why does Cross return to Washington? How does it affect the investigation into the vampire murders?
7. Why does the Mastermind keep leaving clues for Cross?
8. What is the purpose of the Mastermind breaking into the Cross house?
9. Why did William reject the trampy girls? How did the girls react to the rejection?
10. Why is William disgusted with the celebrity couple? Why was the couple chosen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Peter Westin, the new Sire, is captured and taken off to jail. What do you think will happen to Westin? Do you think Westin will be charged with murder? What will happen within the vampire community without the presence of the Sire?
Essay Topic 2
Cross had to face Craig one more time at Kate McTiernan's house. How did the confrontation change Cross? Do you think Kyle Craig will be put in prison for life? How will the absence of the Mastermind affect Cross' future cases?
Essay Topic 3
Kate McTiernan played a victim in one of Patterson's previous novels where she was kidnapped by the Casanova killer. Examine how the author uses Kate to show how each character has grown and changed.
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)