|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who watches the Cross house at night?
2. Cross heads to the next crime scene in which state?
3. Who finally makes a suitable selection?
4. Cross is relieved when what agent arrives on the scene?
5. Michael refers to the cops as being:
Short Essay Questions
1. There are strong expectations put upon Cross about attending his son's concert. Why is there such significance about Cross' presence?
2. What is Alex Cross' perception of Jamilla Hughes? Why is Cross reluctant to get close to Jamilla?
3. How does Cross react to his meeting with Peter Westin? Is the meeting successful?
4. What are some of the reasons that becoming an FBI agent seems appealing to Cross? How would leaving the Metro police department affect Cross?
5. Why is Cross relieved when Kyle Craig agrees to fly to San Francisco? What about Craig makes Cross feel secure?
6. What did Snyder intend to do after the murders? How did Irwin plan to live out his dreams of being a true vampire?
7. Why does Cross return to Washington? How does it affect the investigation into the vampire murders?
8. What prompted William and Michael's love of extreme sports? Why are the sports so appealing?
9. What is the one thing that makes William most angry? Why is it such a problem?
10. While at home, Cross takes little Alex out for a walk in his stroller. What does Cross request from Little Alex?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
William and Michael go to the fetish ball in order to kill Daniel and Charles. Peter Westin was also present. How did the vampires enter the ball unnoticed? With supreme master vampire powers, Daniel and Charles should have picked up on the other vampires' energy. How did the trio escape the Sire's notice? Did they find a way to block their energy?
Essay Topic 2
Cross manages to take time out from the case to spend at home with Nana and the kids. Describe how the breaks affect Cross. Is the detective able to put the case aside in order to spend time at home? How does Nana react to the hectic lifestyle?
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the story, Cross knocks Craig unconscious and then phones home to capture the killer's confession on an answering machine. How did Cross known Craig would confess? Examine Patterson's use of irony in this final stage using Craig's tool of terror.
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)