|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which philosopher believed that the world only gets more vile and wicked?
2. Why do the vampires reject the women?
3. What was the couple doing when attacked?
4. What convinces the Mastermind not to kill Cross?
5. What happens to the victims after they are killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did William reject the trampy girls? How did the girls react to the rejection?
2. Where does the Mastermind sit and think about his superiority? In what areas is the Mastermind superior to Cross?
3. What did Snyder intend to do after the murders? How did Irwin plan to live out his dreams of being a true vampire?
4. What is Alex Cross' perception of Jamilla Hughes? Why is Cross reluctant to get close to Jamilla?
5. What is the result of Cross' trip to see Martin Craig? Does Martin confirm or deny Cross' analysis?
6. Why is Peter Westin in the black truck? Is Cross surprised at Westin's presence?
7. How does Cross identify Jamilla from the other robed figures? How sure was Cross of the identification?
8. What is Cross' opinion of Charles? Is the opinion based on fact or instinct?
9. Why aren't the killers interested in money or material possessions? Why do the vampires always leave money and jewelery behind after killing a victim?
10. What is Hughes' reaction when Cross warns her not to go to Santa Cruz alone? Does Hughes heed the warning?
Essay Topic 1
During the fetish ball, two vampire princes are murdered before they can be crowned. What was the purpose of the murders? Were the victims part of the plan or were their deaths borne of opportunity?
Essay Topic 2
Cross had to face Craig one more time at Kate McTiernan's house. How did the confrontation change Cross? Do you think Kyle Craig will be put in prison for life? How will the absence of the Mastermind affect Cross' future cases?
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the story, Cross knocks Craig unconscious and then phones home to capture the killer's confession on an answering machine. How did Cross known Craig would confess? Examine Patterson's use of irony in this final stage using Craig's tool of terror.
This section contains 1,319 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)