|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Cross' California partner?
2. Sampson suggests a visit to whom?
3. How is the second person killed?
4. To whom does Cross apologize for being away from home?
5. Who is Cross' contact at the FBI?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Irwin Snyder? Why is he important to the story?
2. What prompted William and Michael's love of extreme sports? Why are the sports so appealing?
3. How are Craig and Cross tied to Kate McTiernan? How has their relationship changed?
4. While at home, Cross takes little Alex out for a walk in his stroller. What does Cross request from Little Alex?
5. What did Snyder intend to do after the murders? How did Irwin plan to live out his dreams of being a true vampire?
6. Why is Cross relieved when Kyle Craig agrees to fly to San Francisco? What about Craig makes Cross feel secure?
7. How do you think the Mastermind is connected to Cross? Why do Cross' partners keep being murdered by the Mastermind?
8. What do you think the killers meant when they told Martha Wiatt that she had been "chosen?" Why is it important for the vampires to "choose" their victims?
9. Why did William reject the trampy girls? How did the girls react to the rejection?
10. Why is William disgusted with the celebrity couple? Why was the couple chosen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's choice of settings for the book. Why do you think New Orleans was the site of the climax for the vampire murders? Would you have chosen a different setting?
Essay Topic 2
What is a fetish? What is the purpose of having a fetish ball? Would the story be able to move forward given a different setting for the final murders?
Essay Topic 3
Cross manages to take time out from the case to spend at home with Nana and the kids. Describe how the breaks affect Cross. Is the detective able to put the case aside in order to spend time at home? How does Nana react to the hectic lifestyle?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)