|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Cross' normal day job?
2. In which state do the brothers stop?
3. To whom does Cross apologize for being away from home?
4. Who watches the Cross house at night?
5. What was the name of Cross' wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prompted William and Michael's love of extreme sports? Why are the sports so appealing?
2. Why do the police believe that more than two vampires are responsible for the murders? What proof do they have that it might be true?
3. Where does the Mastermind sit and think about his superiority? In what areas is the Mastermind superior to Cross?
4. Who are the kids found in the old house? How do they react to outsiders?
5. Why does Cross think that becoming involved with Jamilla could be dangerous? How does Jamilla react to Cross' distance?
6. What initially deters the Mastermind from killing Cross? Why does the Mastermind postpone the plan?
7. There are strong expectations put upon Cross about attending his son's concert. Why is there such significance about Cross' presence?
8. What are some of the reasons that becoming an FBI agent seems appealing to Cross? How would leaving the Metro police department affect Cross?
9. Who is Irwin Snyder? Why is he important to the story?
10. Why do William and Michael decide not to go after Cross and Craig? Were the brothers' assumptions correct?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Peter Westin, the new Sire, is captured and taken off to jail. What do you think will happen to Westin? Do you think Westin will be charged with murder? What will happen within the vampire community without the presence of the Sire?
Essay Topic 2
Part of the Mastermind's plan was to stalk and harass Cross before killing the detective. The Mastermind made good use of the phone to complete the plan. Craig electronically altered his voice and set up a remote trigger to place the calls. Explain how this might have been achieved.
Essay Topic 3
Craig fell in love with Kate McTiernan during the Casanova case and still has feelings for the doctor. Why does Craig choose to involve Kate in the plot to kill Cross? Is Craig able to keep his affections separate from the plan?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)