|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is tied to the murders?
2. Who is waiting for Cross when he arrives?
3. How do the police know the motive isn't robbery?
4. Where is the headquarters for the FBI?
5. What does the newest murder suspect do to Cross?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Craig and Cross tied to Kate McTiernan? How has their relationship changed?
2. How does Craig respond to Cross' questions about the Betsey Cavelierre case? Why have the police not been able to solve the crime?
3. Why is Cross relieved when Kyle Craig agrees to fly to San Francisco? What about Craig makes Cross feel secure?
4. What is Alex Cross' perception of Jamilla Hughes? Why is Cross reluctant to get close to Jamilla?
5. Why do the police believe that more than two vampires are responsible for the murders? What proof do they have that it might be true?
6. Why do William and Michael decide not to go after Cross and Craig? Were the brothers' assumptions correct?
7. What do you think the killers meant when they told Martha Wiatt that she had been "chosen?" Why is it important for the vampires to "choose" their victims?
8. Why does Cross return to Washington? How does it affect the investigation into the vampire murders?
9. What was Craig's opinion of Kate? Has the opinion changed since Craig last saw Kate?
10. How does Cross react to his meeting with Peter Westin? Is the meeting successful?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Peter Westin, the new Sire, is captured and taken off to jail. What do you think will happen to Westin? Do you think Westin will be charged with murder? What will happen within the vampire community without the presence of the Sire?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's choice of settings for the book. Why do you think New Orleans was the site of the climax for the vampire murders? Would you have chosen a different setting?
Essay Topic 3
William and Michael go to the fetish ball in order to kill Daniel and Charles. Peter Westin was also present. How did the vampires enter the ball unnoticed? With supreme master vampire powers, Daniel and Charles should have picked up on the other vampires' energy. How did the trio escape the Sire's notice? Did they find a way to block their energy?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)