|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who watches the Cross house at night?
2. Who were the victims?
3. What does William hate?
4. Who watches Cross and Craig?
5. Who is Cross' contact at the FBI?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Craig and Cross tied to Kate McTiernan? How has their relationship changed?
2. Why do the police believe that more than two vampires are responsible for the murders? What proof do they have that it might be true?
3. Why aren't the killers interested in money or material possessions? Why do the vampires always leave money and jewelery behind after killing a victim?
4. Where does the Mastermind sit and think about his superiority? In what areas is the Mastermind superior to Cross?
5. What are some of the reasons that becoming an FBI agent seems appealing to Cross? How would leaving the Metro police department affect Cross?
6. What is Alex Cross' perception of Jamilla Hughes? Why is Cross reluctant to get close to Jamilla?
7. Why did the brothers stop in Savannah? What was their opinion of the city?
8. What did Snyder intend to do after the murders? How did Irwin plan to live out his dreams of being a true vampire?
9. What do you think the killers meant when they told Martha Wiatt that she had been "chosen?" Why is it important for the vampires to "choose" their victims?
10. How do you think the Mastermind is connected to Cross? Why do Cross' partners keep being murdered by the Mastermind?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Early in the story, Michael refers to the cops as "toothless." Why did Michael make that comment? Examine the author's use of irony in the scene when Craig has his teeth knocked out by Cross.
Essay Topic 2
Cross and Jamilla are in the midst of a budding relationship during the case. Explain how the relationship affects the investigation. Did the involvement change anything? Were Cross' behavior or motives different during Jamilla's rescue because of the relationship?
Essay Topic 3
The reader is encouraged to see similarities between Cross and Craig. Compare and contrast the characters' personal and professional personalities.
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)