|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Cross apologize for being away from home?
2. Where are the latest victims found?
3. In what hotel do the victims have a suite?
4. Cross is interested in examining whose psyche?
5. Who is responsible for the most recent murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cross handle staying at home during his recovery?
2. Why is William cautious about choosing a victim in New Orleans? Does it deter him from feeding on a victim?
3. How do you think the Mastermind is connected to Cross? Why do Cross' partners keep being murdered by the Mastermind?
4. What are some of the reasons that becoming an FBI agent seems appealing to Cross? How would leaving the Metro police department affect Cross?
5. Why does Cross think that becoming involved with Jamilla could be dangerous? How does Jamilla react to Cross' distance?
6. Why does the Mastermind choose not to kill Cross? How long will the Mastermind wait to murder the detective?
7. Why is William disgusted with the celebrity couple? Why was the couple chosen?
8. Why is Jamilla so angry with Craig? Is the anger based on reality or perception?
9. What is the purpose of the Mastermind breaking into the Cross house?
10. How does Cross react to his meeting with Peter Westin? Is the meeting successful?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jamilla Hughes is a strong, no nonsense woman which is attractive to Cross. Examine Cross' relationship with strong women and how they benefit the detective's life.
Essay Topic 2
Why does the Mastermind want Cross to be single? Why is it important for Cross to work alone? How does Cross' work with a partner affect the battle with the Mastermind?
Essay Topic 3
The Mastermind is revealed to be Kyle Craig, Cross' friend and colleague. How is it possible that the Mastermind could stalk and terrorize Cross for so long without being found out? Why was Cross blind to Craig's clues? What was the biggest clue left by Craig?
This section contains 1,289 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)