|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Cross apologize for being away from home?
2. What animal is tied to the murders?
3. Who do the police find during the raid?
4. Who ventures eastward?
5. Cross heads to the next crime scene in which state?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Craig respond to Cross' questions about the Betsey Cavelierre case? Why have the police not been able to solve the crime?
2. There are strong expectations put upon Cross about attending his son's concert. Why is there such significance about Cross' presence?
3. What is the purpose of the Mastermind breaking into the Cross house?
4. What did Snyder intend to do after the murders? How did Irwin plan to live out his dreams of being a true vampire?
5. What was Craig's opinion of Kate? Has the opinion changed since Craig last saw Kate?
6. Why does the Mastermind keep leaving clues for Cross?
7. What is Alex Cross' perception of Jamilla Hughes? Why is Cross reluctant to get close to Jamilla?
8. Why is Cross relieved when Kyle Craig agrees to fly to San Francisco? What about Craig makes Cross feel secure?
9. How are Craig and Cross tied to Kate McTiernan? How has their relationship changed?
10. What is the one thing that makes William most angry? Why is it such a problem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Mastermind is revealed to be Kyle Craig, Cross' friend and colleague. How is it possible that the Mastermind could stalk and terrorize Cross for so long without being found out? Why was Cross blind to Craig's clues? What was the biggest clue left by Craig?
Essay Topic 2
Jamilla Hughes is a strong, no nonsense woman which is attractive to Cross. Examine Cross' relationship with strong women and how they benefit the detective's life.
Essay Topic 3
Why does the Mastermind want Cross to be single? Why is it important for Cross to work alone? How does Cross' work with a partner affect the battle with the Mastermind?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)