|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What convinces the Mastermind not to kill Cross?
2. Where do the vampires stop to feed?
3. How many FBI agents are supposedly working the case full time?
4. Who is attacked first?
5. Where does the next murder occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the brothers stop in Savannah? What was their opinion of the city?
2. What do you think the killers meant when they told Martha Wiatt that she had been "chosen?" Why is it important for the vampires to "choose" their victims?
3. Why is William disgusted with the celebrity couple? Why was the couple chosen?
4. Where does the Mastermind sit and think about his superiority? In what areas is the Mastermind superior to Cross?
5. There are strong expectations put upon Cross about attending his son's concert. Why is there such significance about Cross' presence?
6. Why does the Mastermind keep leaving clues for Cross?
7. Why aren't the killers interested in money or material possessions? Why do the vampires always leave money and jewelery behind after killing a victim?
8. What initially deters the Mastermind from killing Cross? Why does the Mastermind postpone the plan?
9. Why do William and Michael decide not to go after Cross and Craig? Were the brothers' assumptions correct?
10. Who is Irwin Snyder? Why is he important to the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kyle Craig is a murderous sociopath who is able to fool master profiler Cross. How is this possible? Does the friendship between Cross and Craig have any effect on Cross' opinions?
Essay Topic 2
Jamilla Hughes is a strong, no nonsense woman which is attractive to Cross. Examine Cross' relationship with strong women and how they benefit the detective's life.
Essay Topic 3
The Mastermind is revealed to be Kyle Craig, Cross' friend and colleague. How is it possible that the Mastermind could stalk and terrorize Cross for so long without being found out? Why was Cross blind to Craig's clues? What was the biggest clue left by Craig?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)