|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Cross have?
2. Which is one of the places the vampires go to find a victim?
3. What is the name of the decapitated performer?
4. Who makes threatening calls to Cross?
5. What does the Mastermind do at the Cross house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Mastermind keep leaving clues for Cross?
2. Why does Cross think that becoming involved with Jamilla could be dangerous? How does Jamilla react to Cross' distance?
3. What do you think the killers meant when they told Martha Wiatt that she had been "chosen?" Why is it important for the vampires to "choose" their victims?
4. Why do William and Michael decide not to go after Cross and Craig? Were the brothers' assumptions correct?
5. Why do the police believe that more than two vampires are responsible for the murders? What proof do they have that it might be true?
6. What was Craig's opinion of Kate? Has the opinion changed since Craig last saw Kate?
7. Why did William reject the trampy girls? How did the girls react to the rejection?
8. What is Alex Cross' perception of Jamilla Hughes? Why is Cross reluctant to get close to Jamilla?
9. Why aren't the killers interested in money or material possessions? Why do the vampires always leave money and jewelery behind after killing a victim?
10. How does Craig respond to Cross' questions about the Betsey Cavelierre case? Why have the police not been able to solve the crime?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cross talks about serial killers and how it is common for the killers to have fulfilling personal relationships. How is this possible? Is this due to a mental illness or personality disorder? Do you think Kyle Craig's spouse is aware of his activities?
Essay Topic 2
Jamilla Hughes is a strong, no nonsense woman which is attractive to Cross. Examine Cross' relationship with strong women and how they benefit the detective's life.
Essay Topic 3
Cross and Jamilla are in the midst of a budding relationship during the case. Explain how the relationship affects the investigation. Did the involvement change anything? Were Cross' behavior or motives different during Jamilla's rescue because of the relationship?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)