Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. William remembers which consensual partner?
2. What does the Mastermind do at the Cross house?
3. Which philosopher believed that the world only gets more vile and wicked?
4. At what time does the Mastermind arrive at the Cross house?
5. Where is Cross' normal day job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prompted William and Michael's love of extreme sports? Why are the sports so appealing?
2. What are some of the reasons that becoming an FBI agent seems appealing to Cross? How would leaving the Metro police department affect Cross?
3. Why is Jamilla so angry with Craig? Is the anger based on reality or perception?
4. While at home, Cross takes little Alex out for a walk in his stroller. What does Cross request from Little Alex?
5. How are Craig and Cross tied to Kate McTiernan? How has their relationship changed?
6. Why do the police believe that more than two vampires are responsible for the murders? What proof do they have that it might be true?
7. Why did the brothers stop in Savannah? What was their opinion of the city?
8. What is Alex Cross' perception of Jamilla Hughes? Why is Cross reluctant to get close to Jamilla?
9. Why did William reject the trampy girls? How did the girls react to the rejection?
10. How do you think the Mastermind is connected to Cross? Why do Cross' partners keep being murdered by the Mastermind?
Essay Topic 1
William and Michael go to the fetish ball in order to kill Daniel and Charles. Peter Westin was also present. How did the vampires enter the ball unnoticed? With supreme master vampire powers, Daniel and Charles should have picked up on the other vampires' energy. How did the trio escape the Sire's notice? Did they find a way to block their energy?
Essay Topic 2
Kate McTiernan played a victim in one of Patterson's previous novels where she was kidnapped by the Casanova killer. Examine how the author uses Kate to show how each character has grown and changed.
Essay Topic 3
Cross manages to take time out from the case to spend at home with Nana and the kids. Describe how the breaks affect Cross. Is the detective able to put the case aside in order to spend time at home? How does Nana react to the hectic lifestyle?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)