|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the vampires stop to feed?
2. Where does John Barreiro work?
3. Who watches the Cross house at night?
4. Who calls and upsets Cross?
5. What is the name of Cross' California partner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cross return to Washington? How does it affect the investigation into the vampire murders?
2. What is the one thing that makes William most angry? Why is it such a problem?
3. What is Alex Cross' perception of Jamilla Hughes? Why is Cross reluctant to get close to Jamilla?
4. What was Craig's opinion of Kate? Has the opinion changed since Craig last saw Kate?
5. Where does the Mastermind sit and think about his superiority? In what areas is the Mastermind superior to Cross?
6. Why is William disgusted with the celebrity couple? Why was the couple chosen?
7. Why do William and Michael decide not to go after Cross and Craig? Were the brothers' assumptions correct?
8. Who are the kids found in the old house? How do they react to outsiders?
9. What prompted William and Michael's love of extreme sports? Why are the sports so appealing?
10. Why did the brothers stop in Savannah? What was their opinion of the city?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The reader is encouraged to see similarities between Cross and Craig. Compare and contrast the characters' personal and professional personalities.
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the story, Cross knocks Craig unconscious and then phones home to capture the killer's confession on an answering machine. How did Cross known Craig would confess? Examine Patterson's use of irony in this final stage using Craig's tool of terror.
Essay Topic 3
The Mastermind is revealed to be Kyle Craig, Cross' friend and colleague. How is it possible that the Mastermind could stalk and terrorize Cross for so long without being found out? Why was Cross blind to Craig's clues? What was the biggest clue left by Craig?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)