|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Cross' contact at the FBI?
2. The most recent attack occurs in which city?
3. How many children does Cross have?
4. The Mastermind feels what toward Cross?
5. Who is responsible for the most recent murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the police believe that more than two vampires are responsible for the murders? What proof do they have that it might be true?
2. How are Craig and Cross tied to Kate McTiernan? How has their relationship changed?
3. How do you think the Mastermind is connected to Cross? Why do Cross' partners keep being murdered by the Mastermind?
4. How does Cross react to his meeting with Peter Westin? Is the meeting successful?
5. There are strong expectations put upon Cross about attending his son's concert. Why is there such significance about Cross' presence?
6. Why did Irwin Snyder kill his parents? Were the murders part of the larger plot?
7. While at home, Cross takes little Alex out for a walk in his stroller. What does Cross request from Little Alex?
8. What initially deters the Mastermind from killing Cross? Why does the Mastermind postpone the plan?
9. Why did William reject the trampy girls? How did the girls react to the rejection?
10. Who is John Sampson? How does Sampson play an integral role in the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a fetish? What is the purpose of having a fetish ball? Would the story be able to move forward given a different setting for the final murders?
Essay Topic 2
Part of the Mastermind's plan was to stalk and harass Cross before killing the detective. The Mastermind made good use of the phone to complete the plan. Craig electronically altered his voice and set up a remote trigger to place the calls. Explain how this might have been achieved.
Essay Topic 3
Peter Westin, the new Sire, is captured and taken off to jail. What do you think will happen to Westin? Do you think Westin will be charged with murder? What will happen within the vampire community without the presence of the Sire?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)