|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Cross' California partner?
2. Where does Cross go after leads dry up?
3. Who were the victims?
4. Where does Cross spend the day with his family?
5. Who is waiting for Cross when he arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think the killers meant when they told Martha Wiatt that she had been "chosen?" Why is it important for the vampires to "choose" their victims?
2. Why is Cross relieved when Kyle Craig agrees to fly to San Francisco? What about Craig makes Cross feel secure?
3. Where does the Mastermind sit and think about his superiority? In what areas is the Mastermind superior to Cross?
4. What are some of the reasons that becoming an FBI agent seems appealing to Cross? How would leaving the Metro police department affect Cross?
5. Who are the kids found in the old house? How do they react to outsiders?
6. Why do William and Michael decide not to go after Cross and Craig? Were the brothers' assumptions correct?
7. Why did William reject the trampy girls? How did the girls react to the rejection?
8. What did Snyder intend to do after the murders? How did Irwin plan to live out his dreams of being a true vampire?
9. Why did the brothers stop in Savannah? What was their opinion of the city?
10. What is Alex Cross' perception of Jamilla Hughes? Why is Cross reluctant to get close to Jamilla?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the Mastermind want Cross to be single? Why is it important for Cross to work alone? How does Cross' work with a partner affect the battle with the Mastermind?
Essay Topic 2
Peter Westin, the new Sire, is captured and taken off to jail. What do you think will happen to Westin? Do you think Westin will be charged with murder? What will happen within the vampire community without the presence of the Sire?
Essay Topic 3
During the fetish ball, two vampire princes are murdered before they can be crowned. What was the purpose of the murders? Were the victims part of the plan or were their deaths borne of opportunity?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)