|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the magicians emulate?
2. Whose birthday does Cross forget?
(a) Aunt Tia
3. What causes Cross to link Craig to his brother's death?
(d) Sibling rivalry
4. Who confronts Hughes and takes her to the vampires?
(a) Daniel and Charles
(b) Fresno Kid
(d) William and Michael
5. Why does Craig stay away?
(a) Hates magicians
(b) Dislikes Hughes
(c) Doesn't fit in
(d) Wasn't invited
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sampson learn about Mastermind?
2. What is the supposed Vampire Capital of the World?
3. Who corroborates Cross' theory about Craig's brother?
4. Who treats Cross to breakfast in bed?
5. How does Craig's living brother want him to be punished?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Mastermind call Cross to talk about the Taylors' murders?
2. Why is Cross in a panic when he reaches San Francisco?
3. What is Cross' opinion of Charles? Is the opinion based on fact or instinct?
4. Why does the Mastermind choose not to kill Cross? How long will the Mastermind wait to murder the detective?
5. Why is Peter Westin in the black truck? Is Cross surprised at Westin's presence?
6. What is Hughes' reaction when Cross warns her not to go to Santa Cruz alone? Does Hughes heed the warning?
7. Why does Cross think Craig killed his brother? Is the feeling accurate?
8. What prompts Cross to wonder about the new Sire? Will there be someone to step into the role?
9. Why are the Santa Cruz police reluctant to help Hughes? How does Hughes react to Lieutenant Conover?
10. Why is the Mastermind angry with Cross? Is the anger reasonable?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)