|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Craig's family live?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(c) New York
(d) North Carolina
2. Which of the performers catches Cross' eye?
3. What does Hughes pretend to be looking for when she is approached?
(b) Tattoo parlor
4. What is the rank of Harry Conover?
5. Where does Cross wait for the Mastermind?
(a) At home
(b) Jamilla's house
(c) At the FBI
(d) At the farmhouse
Short Answer Questions
1. Hughes questions what action of the performers?
2. Who are Cross' next victims?
3. Where do the magicians live?
4. Cross is concerned because he has not received a call from...
5. To what does Cross tie the murders?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do such famous magicians perform in small venues? If there is opportunity to make more money, why settle for less?
2. Why does Cross resign from the police department? How will the change affect Nana and the kids?
3. Why does the Mastermind choose not to kill Cross? How long will the Mastermind wait to murder the detective?
4. Why does Cross not feel the usual sense of relief after Westin is caught?
5. How does Cross react when Jamilla reiterates her intense dislike of Craig?
6. What warning do William and Michael give to Jamilla? What is the consequence of the warning?
7. How does the crowd at the fetish ball react when they realize Cross and Hughes are cops?
8. How does Cross handle staying at home during his recovery?
9. Who appears in place of Daniel and Charles? What was the purpose of the switch?
10. What does Cross find in the tunnel? How is it related to the case?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)