|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cross meet up with his family?
(a) House on 5th Street
(b) Aunt Tia's house
(d) FBI headquarters
2. Who do the magicians emulate?
3. Why does Craig stay away?
(a) Doesn't fit in
(b) Wasn't invited
(c) Hates magicians
(d) Dislikes Hughes
4. Where does Cross finally confront Craig?
(a) At Aunt Tia's house
(b) At Kate McTiernan's house
(c) At the Cross house on 5th Street
(d) At FBI headquarters
5. Who does Cross save in the tunnel?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Craig's brother supposedly die?
2. What does Craig use to stab Cross?
3. Where is Cross when the Mastermind calls?
4. How does Cross sever connections with the Mastermind?
5. Who joins Cross in his plan to discredit Craig?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cross resign from the police department? How will the change affect Nana and the kids?
2. Why is Cross in a panic when he reaches San Francisco?
3. What is Cross' opinion of Charles? Is the opinion based on fact or instinct?
4. Why do such famous magicians perform in small venues? If there is opportunity to make more money, why settle for less?
5. Why does the Mastermind choose not to kill Cross? How long will the Mastermind wait to murder the detective?
6. Why is Jamilla so angry with Craig? Is the anger based on reality or perception?
7. What is the result of Cross' trip to see Martin Craig? Does Martin confirm or deny Cross' analysis?
8. Why do some of the fetish ball participants agree to talk during the police interview?
9. How is Cross able to stay in San Francisco when his family might be in danger?
10. What warning do William and Michael give to Jamilla? What is the consequence of the warning?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)