|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cross meet up with his family?
(a) Aunt Tia's house
(b) House on 5th Street
(c) FBI headquarters
2. Why is Cross delayed in meeting up with Craig?
(a) Nana won't allow it
(b) Doctor's orders
(c) Little Alex gets sick
(d) There is a hurricane
3. The case is winding up but Cross is still uneasy. Why?
(a) Craig is missing
(b) Mastermind is still at large
(c) Another murder happens
(d) Jamilla won't return his calls
4. How does Cross react when he learns that Jamilla is missing?
(a) Decides she is out working the case
(b) Panics and calls FBI
(c) Worried enough to call police
(d) Shrugs it off
5. Why does Craig stay away?
(a) Dislikes Hughes
(b) Hates magicians
(c) Wasn't invited
(d) Doesn't fit in
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the new Sire?
2. What time do Cross and Hughes arrive at the party?
3. How does Cross taunt Craig?
4. The Mastermind exhibits signs of what trait?
5. Where do the magicians live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cross not feel the usual sense of relief after Westin is caught?
2. Why is Cross in a panic when he reaches San Francisco?
3. Why does Cross fly to California? Does the sudden flight have more to do with the case or Jamilla?
4. Why is William cautious about choosing a victim in New Orleans? Does it deter him from feeding on a victim?
5. Why does the Mastermind call Cross to talk about the Taylors' murders?
6. What prompts Cross to wonder about the new Sire? Will there be someone to step into the role?
7. Why is Craig so pleased with himself and his unique accomplishments?
8. Why are the Santa Cruz police reluctant to help Hughes? How does Hughes react to Lieutenant Conover?
9. Why is Peter Westin in the black truck? Is Cross surprised at Westin's presence?
10. Why do such famous magicians perform in small venues? If there is opportunity to make more money, why settle for less?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)