|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who spots the cops at the magicians' house?
2. Craig's description of what sends Cross over the edge?
(a) Aunt Tia's house
(b) Cross' kidnapped children
(c) The kitchen at 5th Street
(d) The murder of Betsey Cavelierre
3. Who is jealous of Cross' feelings for a colleague?
4. Who had recruited William and Michael?
5. Why does Craig claim he won't be convicted?
(a) Craig will disappear
(b) Craig will kill Cross first
(c) No one will believe Cross
(d) Cross has no evidence
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Cross to link Craig to his brother's death?
2. How did Cross get inside Jamilla's house?
3. How does Cross react when he learns that Jamilla is missing?
4. Who do the magicians emulate?
5. What does Craig use to stab Cross?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Cross think that Craig is about to do something to hurt his family?
2. Why does Cross resign from the police department? How will the change affect Nana and the kids?
3. What is Hughes' reaction when Cross warns her not to go to Santa Cruz alone? Does Hughes heed the warning?
4. Why does Cross not feel the usual sense of relief after Westin is caught?
5. Why is Peter Westin in the black truck? Is Cross surprised at Westin's presence?
6. Why do such famous magicians perform in small venues? If there is opportunity to make more money, why settle for less?
7. Why does Cross think Craig killed his brother? Is the feeling accurate?
8. Who appears in place of Daniel and Charles? What was the purpose of the switch?
9. Why is Jamilla so angry with Craig? Is the anger based on reality or perception?
10. How does Cross handle staying at home during his recovery?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)