|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Mastermind target Cross' partners?
(a) He hates women
(b) It's a game
(c) Cross deserves to be miserable
(d) He is jealous
2. Who corroborates Cross' theory about Craig's brother?
(d) Dr. Finlay
3. Who claims to be the vampire Sire?
4. Who serves as protector to Nana and the kids?
5. Where is the Mastermind when he calls Cross?
(a) At Cross' house
(b) At FBI headquarters
(c) In Washington, D.C.
(d) In San Francisco
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Cross when the Mastermind calls?
2. To what does Cross tie the murders?
3. Who is not a suspect in the murder case?
4. Who spots the cops at the magicians' house?
5. Why are the visitors worried about finding prey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is William cautious about choosing a victim in New Orleans? Does it deter him from feeding on a victim?
2. What is the result of Cross' trip to see Martin Craig? Does Martin confirm or deny Cross' analysis?
3. Why does the Mastermind choose not to kill Cross? How long will the Mastermind wait to murder the detective?
4. How does Cross handle staying at home during his recovery?
5. Why does Cross fly to California? Does the sudden flight have more to do with the case or Jamilla?
6. Why is Craig so pleased with himself and his unique accomplishments?
7. What is Hughes' reaction when Cross warns her not to go to Santa Cruz alone? Does Hughes heed the warning?
8. How does the crowd at the fetish ball react when they realize Cross and Hughes are cops?
9. Why do such famous magicians perform in small venues? If there is opportunity to make more money, why settle for less?
10. Why are the Santa Cruz police reluctant to help Hughes? How does Hughes react to Lieutenant Conover?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)