|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reaction of the police when confronted by Hughes?
(a) Deny there are vampires
(b) They call the FBI
(c) Think she is crazy
(d) Blame runaways
2. How does Cross taunt Craig?
(a) Reporting him to FBI headquarters
(b) Receiving a commendation
(c) Moves in with Jamilla
(d) By going to the press
3. The Mastermind exhibits signs of what trait?
(c) Split personality
4. Where does Craig set up the FBI?
(a) New Orleans
(c) San Francisco
5. Who corroborates Cross' theory about Craig's brother?
(c) Dr. Finlay
Short Answer Questions
1. Who follows the magicians to New Orleans?
2. Why does Craig stay away?
3. How does Cross react when he learns that Jamilla is missing?
4. Who/what does Cross request at the new headquarters?
5. Who does Cross save in the tunnel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hughes' reaction when Cross warns her not to go to Santa Cruz alone? Does Hughes heed the warning?
2. Why does Cross fly to California? Does the sudden flight have more to do with the case or Jamilla?
3. How does Cross handle staying at home during his recovery?
4. Why does Cross not feel the usual sense of relief after Westin is caught?
5. Why are the Santa Cruz police reluctant to help Hughes? How does Hughes react to Lieutenant Conover?
6. Why is the Mastermind angry with Cross? Is the anger reasonable?
7. Why is Cross in a panic when he reaches San Francisco?
8. What is the purpose of the press conference with Cross and Craig? Was it effective?
9. How is Cross able to stay in San Francisco when his family might be in danger?
10. Why does Cross think Craig killed his brother? Is the feeling accurate?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)