|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Burns?
(a) Director at the FBI
(b) Cross' partner
(c) Hughes husband
(d) San Francisco detective
2. The Mastermind has no use for...
(a) Police work
3. To what does Cross tie the murders?
(c) Alexander brothers
(d) Traveling magic show
4. How did Craig's brother supposedly die?
(a) Car accident
(c) Hunting accident
5. Who/what does Cross request at the new headquarters?
(b) Animal control
(c) Vampire expert
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the biggest clue about Craig's obsession?
2. How does Craig's living brother want him to be punished?
3. What does Cross do to check up on Hughes?
4. How are the vampires and Hughes disguised?
5. What is the supposed Vampire Capital of the World?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cross think Craig killed his brother? Is the feeling accurate?
2. Why does the Mastermind choose not to kill Cross? How long will the Mastermind wait to murder the detective?
3. What is the result of Cross' trip to see Martin Craig? Does Martin confirm or deny Cross' analysis?
4. What prompts Cross to wonder about the new Sire? Will there be someone to step into the role?
5. What is the purpose of the press conference with Cross and Craig? Was it effective?
6. What does Cross find in the tunnel? How is it related to the case?
7. Why are the Santa Cruz police reluctant to help Hughes? How does Hughes react to Lieutenant Conover?
8. Why does Cross fly to California? Does the sudden flight have more to do with the case or Jamilla?
9. What makes Cross think that Craig is about to do something to hurt his family?
10. Why is Cross in a panic when he reaches San Francisco?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)