|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time do Cross and Hughes arrive at the party?
(a) 2 a.m.
(b) 3 a.m.
(c) 4 a.m.
2. Who is not a suspect in the murder case?
3. Who spots the cops at the magicians' house?
4. Why does the Mastermind target Cross' partners?
(a) Cross deserves to be miserable
(b) He is jealous
(c) He hates women
(d) It's a game
5. Why is Cross delayed in meeting up with Craig?
(a) Doctor's orders
(b) There is a hurricane
(c) Nana won't allow it
(d) Little Alex gets sick
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is jealous of Cross' feelings for a colleague?
2. The Mastermind has no use for...
3. Who is not informed about Craig's alter ego?
4. How are the vampires and Hughes disguised?
5. Where does Craig's family live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the Santa Cruz police reluctant to help Hughes? How does Hughes react to Lieutenant Conover?
2. Why do such famous magicians perform in small venues? If there is opportunity to make more money, why settle for less?
3. Who appears in place of Daniel and Charles? What was the purpose of the switch?
4. What prompts Cross to wonder about the new Sire? Will there be someone to step into the role?
5. Why do some of the fetish ball participants agree to talk during the police interview?
6. What is the purpose of the press conference with Cross and Craig? Was it effective?
7. Why does the Mastermind call Cross to talk about the Taylors' murders?
8. What makes Cross think that Craig is about to do something to hurt his family?
9. What is the result of Cross' trip to see Martin Craig? Does Martin confirm or deny Cross' analysis?
10. What does Cross find in the tunnel? How is it related to the case?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)