|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Burns?
(a) San Francisco detective
(b) Cross' partner
(c) Director at the FBI
(d) Hughes husband
2. Craig's description of what sends Cross over the edge?
(a) The murder of Betsey Cavelierre
(b) The kitchen at 5th Street
(c) Cross' kidnapped children
(d) Aunt Tia's house
3. Where does Cross wait for the Mastermind?
(a) At home
(b) At the farmhouse
(c) Jamilla's house
(d) At the FBI
4. How did Cross get inside Jamilla's house?
(a) Upstairs window
(b) Through the garage
(c) Service entrance
(d) Patio doors
5. How does Craig's living brother want him to be punished?
(a) Life in prison
(b) Burn in hell
(c) Wants to shoot him like he did their brother
(d) Electric chair
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cross go while Hughes goes for help?
2. What happens to the new Sire?
3. Who breaks into Hughes' house?
4. Who is not informed about Craig's alter ego?
5. The case is winding up but Cross is still uneasy. Why?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do such famous magicians perform in small venues? If there is opportunity to make more money, why settle for less?
2. Why does Cross think Craig killed his brother? Is the feeling accurate?
3. What makes Cross think that Craig is about to do something to hurt his family?
4. What is Hughes' reaction when Cross warns her not to go to Santa Cruz alone? Does Hughes heed the warning?
5. Why is Cross in a panic when he reaches San Francisco?
6. Why does Cross resign from the police department? How will the change affect Nana and the kids?
7. Why does Craig suspect that the FBI knows about his alter ego?
8. How does Cross identify Jamilla from the other robed figures? How sure was Cross of the identification?
9. How is Cross able to stay in San Francisco when his family might be in danger?
10. Why does Cross not feel the usual sense of relief after Westin is caught?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)