|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Craig's description of what sends Cross over the edge?
(a) Cross' kidnapped children
(b) The murder of Betsey Cavelierre
(c) The kitchen at 5th Street
(d) Aunt Tia's house
2. Who do the magicians emulate?
3. Where does Cross meet up with his family?
(b) Aunt Tia's house
(c) House on 5th Street
(d) FBI headquarters
4. The case is winding up but Cross is still uneasy. Why?
(a) Another murder happens
(b) Mastermind is still at large
(c) Craig is missing
(d) Jamilla won't return his calls
5. Where does Craig set up the FBI?
(b) San Francisco
(c) New Orleans
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Hughes?
2. The Mastermind exhibits signs of what trait?
3. Which of the performers catches Cross' eye?
4. Whose birthday does Cross forget?
5. Where does Craig's family live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Mastermind angry with Cross? Is the anger reasonable?
2. Why is Craig so pleased with himself and his unique accomplishments?
3. What prompts Cross to wonder about the new Sire? Will there be someone to step into the role?
4. Why is William cautious about choosing a victim in New Orleans? Does it deter him from feeding on a victim?
5. What does Cross find in the tunnel? How is it related to the case?
6. How does Cross identify Jamilla from the other robed figures? How sure was Cross of the identification?
7. Why does Cross not feel the usual sense of relief after Westin is caught?
8. What is the purpose of the press conference with Cross and Craig? Was it effective?
9. What warning do William and Michael give to Jamilla? What is the consequence of the warning?
10. Why do some of the fetish ball participants agree to talk during the police interview?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)