|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Cross get inside Jamilla's house?
(a) Service entrance
(b) Through the garage
(c) Upstairs window
(d) Patio doors
2. Why does Craig stay away?
(a) Hates magicians
(b) Dislikes Hughes
(c) Doesn't fit in
(d) Wasn't invited
3. What is the biggest clue about Craig's obsession?
(a) Works excessively long hours
(b) Calls home every hour
(c) Collects photos of vampires
(d) Dislike for Cross' relationship
4. Whose birthday does Cross forget?
(d) Aunt Tia
5. What is the supposed Vampire Capital of the World?
(a) Santa Cruz
(b) New Orleans
(c) Los Angeles
Short Answer Questions
1. The Mastermind has no use for...
2. Why does the Mastermind reject killing Cross?
3. Who hands out the assignments for the newest operation?
4. What time do Cross and Hughes arrive at the party?
5. How does Sampson learn about Mastermind?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the Santa Cruz police reluctant to help Hughes? How does Hughes react to Lieutenant Conover?
2. Why do such famous magicians perform in small venues? If there is opportunity to make more money, why settle for less?
3. Why does Cross think Craig killed his brother? Is the feeling accurate?
4. What is the purpose of the press conference with Cross and Craig? Was it effective?
5. What is Cross' opinion of Charles? Is the opinion based on fact or instinct?
6. Why does the Mastermind call Cross to talk about the Taylors' murders?
7. Why do some of the fetish ball participants agree to talk during the police interview?
8. What is Hughes' reaction when Cross warns her not to go to Santa Cruz alone? Does Hughes heed the warning?
9. Why does the Mastermind choose not to kill Cross? How long will the Mastermind wait to murder the detective?
10. How does Cross handle staying at home during his recovery?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)