|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what hotel do the victims have a suite?
(b) Caesar's Palace
2. The most recent attack occurs in which city?
3. Sampson suggests a visit to whom?
(a) Vampire expert
(b) Department psychologist
4. Which newspaper employs Hughes' friend Tim?
(b) The Times
(c) Daily News
5. Who is responsible for the most recent murder?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the brothers go for entertainment?
2. Why has the stalker left so many clues?
3. Where does the next murder occur?
4. What is the last name of the murderous brothers?
5. To whom does Cross routine confide?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the Mastermind sit and think about his superiority? In what areas is the Mastermind superior to Cross?
2. What prompted William and Michael's love of extreme sports? Why are the sports so appealing?
3. What did Snyder intend to do after the murders? How did Irwin plan to live out his dreams of being a true vampire?
4. Who is Irwin Snyder? Why is he important to the story?
5. What are some of the reasons that becoming an FBI agent seems appealing to Cross? How would leaving the Metro police department affect Cross?
6. Why does Cross return to Washington? How does it affect the investigation into the vampire murders?
7. How does Craig respond to Cross' questions about the Betsey Cavelierre case? Why have the police not been able to solve the crime?
8. What initially deters the Mastermind from killing Cross? Why does the Mastermind postpone the plan?
9. Why do the police believe that more than two vampires are responsible for the murders? What proof do they have that it might be true?
10. How do you think the Mastermind is connected to Cross? Why do Cross' partners keep being murdered by the Mastermind?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)