|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which University does Cross visit?
(c) University of California
2. Where does the first California murder occur?
(a) San Francisco
(b) Lake Tahoe
(c) Santa Cruz
(d) Los Angeles
3. What was the couple doing when attacked?
4. What is the name of Cross' California partner?
5. Where does the next murder occur?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John Barreiro work?
2. Who/what does Snyder want to follow?
3. Cross is led to what other southern town?
4. Where do the brothers go for entertainment?
5. What continues to plague Cross?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cross think Craig killed his brother? Is the feeling accurate?
2. Why does the Mastermind choose not to kill Cross? How long will the Mastermind wait to murder the detective?
3. Why do William and Michael decide not to go after Cross and Craig? Were the brothers' assumptions correct?
4. Why is the Mastermind angry with Cross? Is the anger reasonable?
5. What is Alex Cross' perception of Jamilla Hughes? Why is Cross reluctant to get close to Jamilla?
6. Why is Peter Westin in the black truck? Is Cross surprised at Westin's presence?
7. There are strong expectations put upon Cross about attending his son's concert. Why is there such significance about Cross' presence?
8. Why does the Mastermind keep leaving clues for Cross?
9. What prompts Cross to wonder about the new Sire? Will there be someone to step into the role?
10. Why is Cross in a panic when he reaches San Francisco?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)