|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Mastermind do at the Cross house?
(a) Sets the house on fire
(b) Goes to a picnic
(c) Bakes a cake
(d) Watches the family sleep
2. How is the second person killed?
3. Which is one of the places the vampires go to find a victim?
(b) County fair
4. Where do the brothers go when then need a safe place to find a victim?
(a) Funeral Home
(c) Amusement Park
5. Who is not present in Cross' house at night?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the brothers go for entertainment?
2. The Mastermind feels what toward Cross?
3. In what hotel do the victims have a suite?
4. Where is the headquarters for the FBI?
5. Who is waiting for Cross when he arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why aren't the killers interested in money or material possessions? Why do the vampires always leave money and jewelery behind after killing a victim?
2. Where does the Mastermind sit and think about his superiority? In what areas is the Mastermind superior to Cross?
3. How do you think the Mastermind is connected to Cross? Why do Cross' partners keep being murdered by the Mastermind?
4. How are Craig and Cross tied to Kate McTiernan? How has their relationship changed?
5. Why do the police believe that more than two vampires are responsible for the murders? What proof do they have that it might be true?
6. What prompted William and Michael's love of extreme sports? Why are the sports so appealing?
7. Why does Cross return to Washington? How does it affect the investigation into the vampire murders?
8. Why does Cross think that becoming involved with Jamilla could be dangerous? How does Jamilla react to Cross' distance?
9. Why did William reject the trampy girls? How did the girls react to the rejection?
10. What is Alex Cross' perception of Jamilla Hughes? Why is Cross reluctant to get close to Jamilla?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)