|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who questions Cross' strange behavior?
2. Who calls and upsets Cross?
(d) Fresno Kid
3. Who joins Cross down south?
4. Who finally makes a suitable selection?
5. How many FBI agents are supposedly working the case full time?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the brothers go for entertainment?
2. Which newspaper employs Hughes' friend Tim?
3. Cross heads to the next crime scene in which state?
4. What does William hate?
5. Where does Cross go after leads dry up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the Mastermind sit and think about his superiority? In what areas is the Mastermind superior to Cross?
2. What are some of the reasons that becoming an FBI agent seems appealing to Cross? How would leaving the Metro police department affect Cross?
3. What is Alex Cross' perception of Jamilla Hughes? Why is Cross reluctant to get close to Jamilla?
4. What is the one thing that makes William most angry? Why is it such a problem?
5. Who is John Sampson? How does Sampson play an integral role in the story?
6. There are strong expectations put upon Cross about attending his son's concert. Why is there such significance about Cross' presence?
7. How does Cross react to his meeting with Peter Westin? Is the meeting successful?
8. What was Craig's opinion of Kate? Has the opinion changed since Craig last saw Kate?
9. Why do William and Michael decide not to go after Cross and Craig? Were the brothers' assumptions correct?
10. Who are the kids found in the old house? How do they react to outsiders?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)