|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is not present in Cross' house at night?
2. To whom does Cross apologize for being away from home?
3. Sampson thinks Cross is suffering from what ailment?
(b) Burn out
(d) Lack of family time
4. What is said to the second victim?
(a) The victim should have been more careful
(b) It's only fun and games
(c) The victim must pay
(d) The victim has been chosen
5. Cross heads to the next crime scene in which state?
(a) North Carolina
(b) South Carolina
Short Answer Questions
1. What convinces the Mastermind not to kill Cross?
2. How many FBI agents are supposedly working the case full time?
3. Where is Cross' normal day job?
4. Who is responsible for the most recent murder?
5. What does the newest murder suspect do to Cross?
Short Essay Questions
1. There are strong expectations put upon Cross about attending his son's concert. Why is there such significance about Cross' presence?
2. What do you think the killers meant when they told Martha Wiatt that she had been "chosen?" Why is it important for the vampires to "choose" their victims?
3. Who is Irwin Snyder? Why is he important to the story?
4. What is the purpose of the Mastermind breaking into the Cross house?
5. Who are the kids found in the old house? How do they react to outsiders?
6. How are Craig and Cross tied to Kate McTiernan? How has their relationship changed?
7. Why do the police believe that more than two vampires are responsible for the murders? What proof do they have that it might be true?
8. Why do William and Michael decide not to go after Cross and Craig? Were the brothers' assumptions correct?
9. Why does Cross return to Washington? How does it affect the investigation into the vampire murders?
10. Why did the brothers stop in Savannah? What was their opinion of the city?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)