|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cross admire about Hughes?
2. What continues to plague Cross?
(a) Guilt over the concert
(b) Argument with Sampson
(c) Escaped tiger
(d) Threatening phone calls
3. Cross heads to the next crime scene in which state?
(c) North Carolina
(d) South Carolina
4. What animal is tied to the murders?
(b) Mountain Lion
5. What do the brothers claim to be?
(b) Serial killers
(c) The boys next door
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose for the visit?
2. Where do William and Michael go after they leave California?
3. Who makes threatening calls to Cross?
4. The most recent attack occurs in which city?
5. How do the police know the motive isn't robbery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is John Sampson? How does Sampson play an integral role in the story?
2. What is Hughes' reaction when Cross warns her not to go to Santa Cruz alone? Does Hughes heed the warning?
3. Why did the brothers stop in Savannah? What was their opinion of the city?
4. What prompts Cross to wonder about the new Sire? Will there be someone to step into the role?
5. While at home, Cross takes little Alex out for a walk in his stroller. What does Cross request from Little Alex?
6. What did Snyder intend to do after the murders? How did Irwin plan to live out his dreams of being a true vampire?
7. What initially deters the Mastermind from killing Cross? Why does the Mastermind postpone the plan?
8. Why aren't the killers interested in money or material possessions? Why do the vampires always leave money and jewelery behind after killing a victim?
9. What does Cross find in the tunnel? How is it related to the case?
10. How does Craig respond to Cross' questions about the Betsey Cavelierre case? Why have the police not been able to solve the crime?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)