|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who questions Cross' strange behavior?
2. Who are the brothers' next victims?
(b) Celebrity couple
(d) Room service attendants
3. Which southern town does Cross visit?
(d) Baton Rouge
4. Who does Cross meet for dinner to reminisce?
(a) Betsey Cavelierre
(b) Martha Wiatt
(c) Christine Johnson
(d) Kate McTiernan
5. Who/what does Snyder want to follow?
(a) Vampire master
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the first California murder occur?
2. Where does Cross spend the day with his family?
3. Who calls and upsets Cross?
4. Cross is led to what other southern town?
5. Where is Cross' normal day job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the reasons that becoming an FBI agent seems appealing to Cross? How would leaving the Metro police department affect Cross?
2. What initially deters the Mastermind from killing Cross? Why does the Mastermind postpone the plan?
3. Why aren't the killers interested in money or material possessions? Why do the vampires always leave money and jewelery behind after killing a victim?
4. Why do William and Michael decide not to go after Cross and Craig? Were the brothers' assumptions correct?
5. Who is John Sampson? How does Sampson play an integral role in the story?
6. While at home, Cross takes little Alex out for a walk in his stroller. What does Cross request from Little Alex?
7. Why does the Mastermind keep leaving clues for Cross?
8. Why does Cross think that becoming involved with Jamilla could be dangerous? How does Jamilla react to Cross' distance?
9. How do you think the Mastermind is connected to Cross? Why do Cross' partners keep being murdered by the Mastermind?
10. What is the one thing that makes William most angry? Why is it such a problem?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)