|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose body is exhumed?
(a) Martha Wiatt
(b) Jamilla Hughes
(c) Baetsey Cavelliere
(d) Mary Alice Richardson
2. What noise do the victims hear before being attacked?
3. Where does the attack take place?
(b) Outdoor concert
(d) Funeral Home
4. Where does the first California murder occur?
(a) Santa Cruz
(b) Lake Tahoe
(c) Los Angeles
(d) San Francisco
5. Cross heads to the next crime scene in which state?
(a) North Carolina
(d) South Carolina
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the second person killed?
2. Which southern town does Cross visit?
3. Where does the next murder occur?
4. Who makes threatening calls to Cross?
5. What surprising decision does Cross make?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Mastermind call Cross to talk about the Taylors' murders?
2. How are Craig and Cross tied to Kate McTiernan? How has their relationship changed?
3. What did Snyder intend to do after the murders? How did Irwin plan to live out his dreams of being a true vampire?
4. Where does the Mastermind sit and think about his superiority? In what areas is the Mastermind superior to Cross?
5. What do you think the killers meant when they told Martha Wiatt that she had been "chosen?" Why is it important for the vampires to "choose" their victims?
6. How is Cross able to stay in San Francisco when his family might be in danger?
7. How does Cross handle staying at home during his recovery?
8. Why do the police believe that more than two vampires are responsible for the murders? What proof do they have that it might be true?
9. What are some of the reasons that becoming an FBI agent seems appealing to Cross? How would leaving the Metro police department affect Cross?
10. What is the result of Cross' trip to see Martin Craig? Does Martin confirm or deny Cross' analysis?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)