|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What continues to plague Cross?
(a) Escaped tiger
(b) Guilt over the concert
(c) Argument with Sampson
(d) Threatening phone calls
2. Which philosopher believed that the world only gets more vile and wicked?
3. What is the first big lead tying the murders together?
(a) Cross' hunch
(b) Common suspect
(c) Bite marks
(d) Type of victim
4. What trait in Cross and/or Craig causes fear in William?
(b) Physical size
(c) Track record
(d) Powerful energy
5. What does Cross admire about Hughes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the police find during the raid?
2. Who/what does Snyder want to follow?
3. Which is one of the places the vampires go to find a victim?
4. Where does the next murder occur?
5. What kind of act do the brothers go to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Cross relieved when Kyle Craig agrees to fly to San Francisco? What about Craig makes Cross feel secure?
2. What did Snyder intend to do after the murders? How did Irwin plan to live out his dreams of being a true vampire?
3. Who is John Sampson? How does Sampson play an integral role in the story?
4. Why aren't the killers interested in money or material possessions? Why do the vampires always leave money and jewelery behind after killing a victim?
5. Why does Cross return to Washington? How does it affect the investigation into the vampire murders?
6. What initially deters the Mastermind from killing Cross? Why does the Mastermind postpone the plan?
7. Why does the Mastermind keep leaving clues for Cross?
8. Why did Irwin Snyder kill his parents? Were the murders part of the larger plot?
9. What prompted William and Michael's love of extreme sports? Why are the sports so appealing?
10. Why do the police believe that more than two vampires are responsible for the murders? What proof do they have that it might be true?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)