|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sampson thinks Cross is suffering from what ailment?
(a) Burn out
(d) Lack of family time
2. Where is Cross' normal day job?
(a) Washington PD
(b) Private practice
3. Who is responsible for the most recent murder?
4. Who were the victims?
(c) Killer's parents
5. Who is Cross' contact at the FBI?
(a) Kyle Craig
(b) Jamilla Hughes
(c) Peter Westin
(d) John Sampson
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Cross apologize for being away from home?
2. What trait in Cross and/or Craig causes fear in William?
3. What type of vehicle do the brothers steal?
4. Who joins Cross down south?
5. Who calls and upsets Cross?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Mastermind keep leaving clues for Cross?
2. What do you think the killers meant when they told Martha Wiatt that she had been "chosen?" Why is it important for the vampires to "choose" their victims?
3. Why is William disgusted with the celebrity couple? Why was the couple chosen?
4. What are some of the reasons that becoming an FBI agent seems appealing to Cross? How would leaving the Metro police department affect Cross?
5. Why do the police believe that more than two vampires are responsible for the murders? What proof do they have that it might be true?
6. What is Alex Cross' perception of Jamilla Hughes? Why is Cross reluctant to get close to Jamilla?
7. Why does Cross think that becoming involved with Jamilla could be dangerous? How does Jamilla react to Cross' distance?
8. What prompted William and Michael's love of extreme sports? Why are the sports so appealing?
9. There are strong expectations put upon Cross about attending his son's concert. Why is there such significance about Cross' presence?
10. How are Craig and Cross tied to Kate McTiernan? How has their relationship changed?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)