|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the couple doing when attacked?
2. What is said to the second victim?
(a) The victim must pay
(b) It's only fun and games
(c) The victim should have been more careful
(d) The victim has been chosen
3. Where do William and Michael go after they leave California?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(c) Las Vegas
(d) New York
4. Who were the victims?
(b) Killer's parents
5. In which state do the brothers stop?
Short Answer Questions
1. The meeting causes Cross to be afraid of what object?
2. Cross is relieved when what agent arrives on the scene?
3. Where do the brothers go for entertainment?
4. What does William hate?
5. What does the Mastermind do at the Cross house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think the killers meant when they told Martha Wiatt that she had been "chosen?" Why is it important for the vampires to "choose" their victims?
2. How are Craig and Cross tied to Kate McTiernan? How has their relationship changed?
3. What is Alex Cross' perception of Jamilla Hughes? Why is Cross reluctant to get close to Jamilla?
4. Who are the kids found in the old house? How do they react to outsiders?
5. Who is John Sampson? How does Sampson play an integral role in the story?
6. What initially deters the Mastermind from killing Cross? Why does the Mastermind postpone the plan?
7. Why do the police believe that more than two vampires are responsible for the murders? What proof do they have that it might be true?
8. What are some of the reasons that becoming an FBI agent seems appealing to Cross? How would leaving the Metro police department affect Cross?
9. What did Snyder intend to do after the murders? How did Irwin plan to live out his dreams of being a true vampire?
10. What is the purpose of the Mastermind breaking into the Cross house?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)