|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trait in Cross and/or Craig causes fear in William?
(a) Powerful energy
(b) Physical size
(c) Track record
2. Why has the stalker left so many clues?
(a) Desires fame
(b) Likes taunting Cross
(c) Wants notoriety
(d) Wants to be caught
3. Who were the victims?
(a) Killer's parents
4. Sampson suggests a visit to whom?
(a) Vampire expert
(c) Department psychologist
5. What is the name of Cross' California partner?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the vampires reject the women?
2. William remembers which consensual partner?
3. What convinces the Mastermind not to kill Cross?
4. With whom does Cross meet at the University?
5. Where does John Barreiro work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think the killers meant when they told Martha Wiatt that she had been "chosen?" Why is it important for the vampires to "choose" their victims?
2. What is the one thing that makes William most angry? Why is it such a problem?
3. What initially deters the Mastermind from killing Cross? Why does the Mastermind postpone the plan?
4. Why did William reject the trampy girls? How did the girls react to the rejection?
5. How are Craig and Cross tied to Kate McTiernan? How has their relationship changed?
6. Why is William disgusted with the celebrity couple? Why was the couple chosen?
7. What prompted William and Michael's love of extreme sports? Why are the sports so appealing?
8. Why do the police believe that more than two vampires are responsible for the murders? What proof do they have that it might be true?
9. Why do William and Michael decide not to go after Cross and Craig? Were the brothers' assumptions correct?
10. Why is Cross relieved when Kyle Craig agrees to fly to San Francisco? What about Craig makes Cross feel secure?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)