|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The meeting causes Cross to be afraid of what object?
(b) Deserted alleys
(c) The dark
(d) Golden Gate Bridge
2. How is the second person killed?
3. What convinces the Mastermind not to kill Cross?
(a) The injury from Snyder
(b) Cross wakes up
(c) Cross' love for his children
(d) He is afraid of Nana
4. Cross is led to what other southern town?
5. What continues to plague Cross?
(a) Escaped tiger
(b) Argument with Sampson
(c) Guilt over the concert
(d) Threatening phone calls
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Cross down south?
2. How is the stalker best classified?
3. What does the newest murder suspect do to Cross?
4. What is the last name of the murderous brothers?
5. Where does the next murder occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. While at home, Cross takes little Alex out for a walk in his stroller. What does Cross request from Little Alex?
2. What initially deters the Mastermind from killing Cross? Why does the Mastermind postpone the plan?
3. Who is Irwin Snyder? Why is he important to the story?
4. How does Craig respond to Cross' questions about the Betsey Cavelierre case? Why have the police not been able to solve the crime?
5. Why does Cross return to Washington? How does it affect the investigation into the vampire murders?
6. How are Craig and Cross tied to Kate McTiernan? How has their relationship changed?
7. What is Alex Cross' perception of Jamilla Hughes? Why is Cross reluctant to get close to Jamilla?
8. Where does the Mastermind sit and think about his superiority? In what areas is the Mastermind superior to Cross?
9. What is the one thing that makes William most angry? Why is it such a problem?
10. Why do William and Michael decide not to go after Cross and Craig? Were the brothers' assumptions correct?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)