|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Cross' wife?
2. Where does Cross live?
(a) New York City
(b) Washington, D.C.
3. What does the Mastermind do at the Cross house?
(a) Bakes a cake
(b) Watches the family sleep
(c) Sets the house on fire
(d) Goes to a picnic
4. With whom does Cross meet at the University?
(a) Kyle Craig
(b) The Fresno Kid
(c) Michael Alexander
(d) Peter Westin
5. Cross heads to the next crime scene in which state?
(a) South Carolina
(c) North Carolina
Short Answer Questions
1. Which philosopher believed that the world only gets more vile and wicked?
2. What does William hate?
3. Who ventures eastward?
4. How many FBI agents are supposedly working the case full time?
5. Which is not a trait of Cross' stalker?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who appears in place of Daniel and Charles? What was the purpose of the switch?
2. Why do such famous magicians perform in small venues? If there is opportunity to make more money, why settle for less?
3. How does Cross handle staying at home during his recovery?
4. Why is Craig so pleased with himself and his unique accomplishments?
5. Why does the Mastermind keep leaving clues for Cross?
6. Why does Craig suspect that the FBI knows about his alter ego?
7. Why does Cross return to Washington? How does it affect the investigation into the vampire murders?
8. What is the purpose of the press conference with Cross and Craig? Was it effective?
9. What was Craig's opinion of Kate? Has the opinion changed since Craig last saw Kate?
10. What is the purpose of the Mastermind breaking into the Cross house?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)