|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Burns?
(a) Cross' partner
(b) Hughes husband
(c) San Francisco detective
(d) Director at the FBI
2. Who is not informed about Craig's alter ego?
3. What item is burned into the gate?
(b) Reverse pentacle
(c) Magic symbol
(d) Tiger head
4. What is the biggest clue about Craig's obsession?
(a) Calls home every hour
(b) Collects photos of vampires
(c) Works excessively long hours
(d) Dislike for Cross' relationship
5. What is the irony in Craig's murderous career?
(a) He will be his own undoing
(b) He is Cross' friend
(c) Craig's father was a serial killer
(d) He helped capture many serial killers
6. What is the rank of Harry Conover?
7. What is the mistake Craig made?
(a) He called Cross at home
(b) He was spotted at Kate's house
(c) He tried to kidnap Nana
(d) He stalked Jamilla
8. The Mastermind wants Cross to remain...
(c) A cop
(d) A loner
9. Who breaks into Hughes' house?
(c) FBI agent
10. What does Hughes pretend to be looking for when she is approached?
(c) Tattoo parlor
11. What class does Cross take at the end of story?
(a) Martial arts
(b) Piano lessons
(c) Knitting class
(d) Cooking class
12. Where do the magicians live?
(a) Bourbon Street
(b) French Quarter
(c) Jackson Square
(d) Garden District
13. Who is jealous of Cross' feelings for a colleague?
14. How does Hughes survey the area?
(a) In police cruiser
(b) On foot
(c) By taxi
(d) By car
15. Who follows the magicians to New Orleans?
(a) Daniel and Charles
(d) The brothers
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cross react when he learns that Jamilla is missing?
2. Why is the Mastermind superior to other killers?
3. Who goes missing?
4. Where does Cross wait for the Mastermind?
5. Why was Betsey Cavelierre murdered?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)