Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 | Chapter 2-3 Abstract
* Betsey Cavalierre is murdered
* The Mastermind makes a call to taunt Alex Cross
* Martha Wiatt and Davis O'Hara are murdered in Golden Gate Park
* Killers bite the victims as does a large animal
Chapter 4-9 | Chapter 10-11 Abstract
* The Mastermind continues to plague Cross
* Cross gets called to a vicious murder scene...
This section contains 1,656 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)