|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which year did Anne Sexton die?
2. Which poet wrote the poem titled, "Ebb Tide?"
3. Heather McHugh studied under which famous poet?
(a) Robert Lowell.
(b) Walt Whitman.
(c) Theodore Roethke.
(d) Allen Ginsberg.
4. Which poet often used inner city life as a theme?
5. Mark Strand was born in which country?
Short Answer Questions
1. Anne Sexton wrote a poem based on which famous painting?
2. Howard wrote a poem focused on aristocrats of which century?
3. Which poet wrote "The Gas Station?"
4. Robert Haas earned his Ph.D. from which university?
5. Michael Harper wrote a poem dedicated to which famous musician?
This section contains 131 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)