|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anne Sexton lived in which city?
2. Which poet works at Johns Hopkins University?
3. Jay Wright honored famed black scientist _______ in his work.
4. Charles Simic was born in which country?
5. Michael Harper was greatly influenced by which type of music?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words is not used to describe Wright's work?
2. Michael Palmer's poetry is said to use a(n) ______ abstraction.
3. In which year did Anne Sexton die?
4. Which poem was written for a survivor of Hiroshima?
5. William Matthews is not connected to which of the following colleges/universities?
This section contains 142 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)