|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anne Sexton wrote a poem based on which famous painting?
(a) The Madonna and Child.
(b) The Last Supper.
(c) Starry Night.
(d) Mona Lisa.
2. What award did Yusef Komunyakaa receive for military service?
(a) Silver Star.
(b) Bronze Star.
(c) Congressional Medal of Honor.
(d) Purple Heart.
3. Who wrote the poem titled, "Onions?"
4. Which of the following was not one of the jobs held by Gary Snyder?
(c) Ditch digger.
5. Which poet wrote the poem titled, "Ebb Tide?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael Harper was greatly influenced by which type of music?
2. Sharon Olds is often labeled as a ______ poet.
3. Jorie Graham's work is often referred to as being _____.
4. Which of the poets also worked as a playwright?
5. Marilyn Hacker previously worked as a salesperson. Which item did Hacker sell?
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)