|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael S. Harper created his work by combining autobiography and ____.
2. Which poet works at Johns Hopkins University?
3. Rita Dove's work often blends history with which type of poetry?
4. Gary Snyder referred to himself as having very ____ values.
5. Michael Palmer's poetry is said to use a(n) ______ abstraction.
(d) Free flowing.
6. Sylvia Plath wrote a poem in honor of God's lioness _____.
7. In what year was Robert Haas named Poet Laureate?
8. Which poet wrote "Another Life?"
9. The poem "Planetarium" was written in honor of which astronomer?
10. What was Yusef Komunyakaa's birth name?
(a) Seth Lindstrom.
(b) Robert Korb.
(c) Yuri Williams.
(d) Josef Brown.
11. Who wrote the poem titled, "Onions?"
12. Richard Howard worked as a writer and editor of dictionaries. What is the proper name for a person who has that job?
13. Harper was born in which city?
(d) San Diego.
14. Mark Strand was born in which country?
15. Rita Dove was named as the ____ Poet Laureate.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Louise Gluck's "Messengers" which of the following seems to be waiting for the poet?
2. What was the occupation of Kay Ryan's father?
3. How old was Amy Clampitt when her first book was published?
4. Robert Haas earned his Ph.D. from which university?
5. Marilyn Hacker previously worked as a salesperson. Which item did Hacker sell?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)