|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Amy Clampitt when her first book was published?
2. Which word is not used to describe Ellen Bryant Voigt's work?
3. Marilyn Hacker spends six months of the year in New York; the other six months in _____.
(b) New Orleans.
4. Who wrote the poem titled, "Onions?"
5. What was the name of Sylvia Plath's husband?
6. Which of the following was not a job held by Amy Clampitt?
7. Heather McHugh's work is often compared to the work of ______.
8. Robert Haas earned his Ph.D. from which university?
9. Philip Levine held which of the following jobs?
(a) Chicken farmer.
(b) Railroad shipper.
(c) Insurance salesman.
(d) Bank teller.
10. Robert Pinsky studied at which university?
(c) Notre Dame.
11. Charles Wright wrote an homage to which famous painter?
12. Later in his career, Williams changed his style to reflect that of which famous poet?
13. Harper was born in which city?
(b) San Diego.
14. Which poet works at Johns Hopkins University?
15. Charles Simic was born in which country?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sylvia Plath wrote a poem in honor of God's lioness _____.
2. What famous poet first inspired Charles Wright?
3. Which of the poets was born in the south but uses a northern perspective?
4. Kay Ryan and her work are compared to all but which of the following women?
5. Which poet wrote "The Old Cosmologists?"
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)