|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which year did Anne Sexton win the Pulitzer Prize?
2. What was the name of Sylvia Plath's husband?
3. Marilyn Hacker spends six months of the year in New York; the other six months in _____.
(a) New Orleans.
4. In Sharon Olds' "The Glass," she writes about her father who is dying from a tumor in which part of his body?
5. Adrienne Rich practiced which religion?
6. In which year did Anne Sexton die?
7. Philip Levine was born in which Midwestern city?
(b) Kansas City.
(c) St. Louis.
8. Heather McHugh studied under which famous poet?
(a) Walt Whitman.
(b) Allen Ginsberg.
(c) Robert Lowell.
(d) Theodore Roethke.
9. Yusef Komunyakaa served in which war?
(b) Desert Storm.
10. Gary Snyder referred to himself as having very ____ values.
11. Charles Wright wrote an homage to which famous painter?
12. Michael Palmer's poetry is said to use a(n) ______ abstraction.
(b) Free flowing.
13. Which word is best used to describe the work of Sandra McPherson?
14. Charles Simic was born in which country?
15. Sharon Olds is often labeled as a ______ poet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gary Snyder focuses a lot of his work around which topic?
2. Who wrote "Venetian Interior, 1889?"
3. Which of the poets also worked as a playwright?
4. Philip Levine held which of the following jobs?
5. Michael Palmer is said to be one of the original ____ poets.
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)