Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rita Dove was named as the ____ Poet Laureate.
2. Jorie Graham's work is often referred to as being _____.
3. Harper was born in which city?
(a) San Diego.
4. Unlike many poets, Robert Pinsky has no interest in _____.
5. Philip Levine was born in which Midwestern city?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) Kansas City.
6. Galway Kinnell wrote about which of the following topics?
(a) Mental illness.
(c) Closed self.
(d) Super ID.
7. Dave Smith has developed a poetic voice often referred to as the ____ self.
8. Which poem was written for a survivor of Hiroshima?
(a) "The Bear."
(b) "The Horse."
(c) "The Truth the Dead Know."
(d) "The Night Mirror."
9. In which year did Anne Sexton die?
10. Which poet wrote the poem titled, "Mock Orange?"
11. Yusef Komunyakaa's father was born in which country?
12. Mark Strand was born in which country?
13. Robert Haas earned his Ph.D. from which university?
14. Howard wrote a poem focused on aristocrats of which century?
15. What was the name of Sylvia Plath's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. Marilyn Hacker previously worked as a salesperson. Which item did Hacker sell?
2. Kay Ryan and her work are compared to all but which of the following women?
3. Charles Simic was born in which country?
4. Sylvia Plath wrote a poem in honor of God's lioness _____.
5. Which poet wrote about the "domestic self?"
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)