|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was not one of the jobs held by Gary Snyder?
(b) Ditch digger.
2. Which poet wrote about the "domestic self?"
3. Edward Hirsch currently works as the head of which prestigious organization?
(a) Library of Congress.
(b) National Endowment for the Arts.
(c) Guggenheim Foundation.
(d) Pulitzer Prize Committee.
4. In which year did Anne Sexton win the Pulitzer Prize?
5. What was Yusef Komunyakaa's birth name?
(a) Yuri Williams.
(b) Seth Lindstrom.
(c) Robert Korb.
(d) Josef Brown.
6. Mark Strand was name as the _____ Poet Laureate.
7. Which poet wrote "The Gas Station?"
8. Which poet wrote "Another Life?"
9. Harper was born in which city?
(b) San Diego.
10. Mary Oliver believed that the majority of her poems were ______.
11. Anne Sexton wrote a poem based on which famous painting?
(a) The Last Supper.
(b) Starry Night.
(c) Mona Lisa.
(d) The Madonna and Child.
12. Michael S. Harper created his work by combining autobiography and ____.
13. Marilyn Hacker previously worked as a salesperson. Which item did Hacker sell?
(a) Antique books.
(b) Modern art.
(d) Vintage clothes.
14. Sharon Olds is often labeled as a ______ poet.
15. Mary Oliver is considered to be one of the best ____ poets.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Louise Gluck's "Messengers" which of the following seems to be waiting for the poet?
2. How old was Amy Clampitt when her first book was published?
3. Gary Snyder referred to himself as having very ____ values.
4. Kay Ryan and her work are compared to all but which of the following women?
5. Philip Levine was greatly impacted by which war?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)