|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the poets was born in the south but uses a northern perspective?
2. Who wrote "Venetian Interior, 1889?"
3. Later in his career, Williams changed his style to reflect that of which famous poet?
4. What word is used to describe Robert Frost's work?
5. C.K. Williams worked as which of the following?
6. Jorie Graham was raised in which country?
7. Who prompted Anne Sexton to start a writing career?
8. Harper was born in which city?
(b) San Diego.
9. The reader's ____ are a significant part of Michael Palmer's poetry.
10. Sharon Olds is often labeled as a ______ poet.
11. Unlike many poets, Robert Pinsky has no interest in _____.
12. Which poet wrote the poem titled, "Mock Orange?"
13. The poem "Planetarium" was written in honor of which astronomer?
14. Michael Harper was greatly influenced by which type of music?
15. Heather McHugh's work is often compared to the work of ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous poet first inspired Charles Wright?
2. Yusef Komunyakaa served in which war?
3. Which of the following was not a job held by Amy Clampitt?
4. Jorie Graham's work is often referred to as being _____.
5. Charles Wright wrote an homage to which famous painter?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)