|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which poet wrote the poem titled, "Mock Orange?"
2. How old was Amy Clampitt when her first book was published?
3. Heather McHugh's work is often compared to the work of ______.
4. Which word is not used to describe Ellen Bryant Voigt's work?
5. Unlike many poets, Robert Pinsky has no interest in _____.
6. Which poet wrote about the "domestic self?"
7. Philip Levine was born in which Midwestern city?
(a) Kansas City.
(b) St. Louis.
8. Which of the poets also worked as a playwright?
9. Which poem was written for a survivor of Hiroshima?
(a) "The Bear."
(b) "The Horse."
(c) "The Truth the Dead Know."
(d) "The Night Mirror."
10. Who wrote "Venetian Interior, 1889?"
11. Which word is best used to describe the work of Sandra McPherson?
12. Later in his career, Williams changed his style to reflect that of which famous poet?
13. Michael Harper wrote a poem dedicated to which famous musician?
14. Philip Levine was greatly impacted by which war?
(a) World War II.
(b) Korean War.
(c) War of the Roses.
(d) Spanish War.
15. Marilyn Hacker previously worked as a salesperson. Which item did Hacker sell?
(b) Modern art.
(c) Vintage clothes.
(d) Antique books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael Harper was greatly influenced by which type of music?
2. C.K. Williams worked as which of the following?
3. Which of the following words best describes Sharon Olds' work?
4. Mary Oliver believed that the majority of her poems were ______.
5. In what year did Charles Simic bring his family to the US?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)