|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word is best used to describe the work of Sandra McPherson?
2. Marilyn Hacker spends six months of the year in New York; the other six months in _____.
(b) New Orleans.
3. Philip Levine was born in which Midwestern city?
(b) St. Louis.
(c) Kansas City.
4. Harper was born in which city?
(d) San Diego.
5. Michael Palmer's poetry is said to use a(n) ______ abstraction.
(b) Free flowing.
6. In which year did Anne Sexton die?
7. How old was Amy Clampitt when her first book was published?
8. Jorie Graham's work is often referred to as being _____.
9. Who wrote "The Mad Potter?"
10. Rita Dove was named as the ____ Poet Laureate.
11. Michael Harper wrote a poem dedicated to which famous musician?
12. Which poet wrote about the "domestic self?"
13. C.K. Williams worked as which of the following?
14. Philip Levine held which of the following jobs?
(a) Railroad shipper.
(b) Insurance salesman.
(c) Bank teller.
(d) Chicken farmer.
15. Robert Haas earned his Ph.D. from which university?
Short Answer Questions
1. Yusef Komunyakaa served in which war?
2. Later in his career, Williams changed his style to reflect that of which famous poet?
3. Who wrote "Venetian Interior, 1889?"
4. Edward Hirsch currently works as the head of which prestigious organization?
5. Which word is not used to describe Ellen Bryant Voigt's work?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)