|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jorie Graham's work is often referred to as being _____.
2. Jay Wright honored famed black scientist _______ in his work.
3. Charles Simic wrote a poem dedicated to which common item?
(c) Garbage can.
4. In what year did Charles Simic bring his family to the US?
5. What was the name of Sylvia Plath's husband?
6. Marilyn Hacker previously worked as a salesperson. Which item did Hacker sell?
(a) Antique books.
(c) Vintage clothes.
(d) Modern art.
7. William Matthews is not connected to which of the following colleges/universities?
(a) New York City College.
(b) University of North Carolina.
(c) University of Pennsylvania.
8. Later in his career, Williams changed his style to reflect that of which famous poet?
9. Mark Strand was name as the _____ Poet Laureate.
10. The reader's ____ are a significant part of Michael Palmer's poetry.
11. Who wrote "Venetian Interior, 1889?"
12. Jorie Graham was raised in which country?
13. What famous poet first inspired Charles Wright?
14. Which of the following words is not used to describe Wright's work?
15. Gary Snyder focuses a lot of his work around which topic?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which poet wrote the poem titled, "Mock Orange?"
2. In Sharon Olds' "The Glass," she writes about her father who is dying from a tumor in which part of his body?
3. Which of the following words best describes Sharon Olds' work?
4. Who wrote "The Mad Potter?"
5. Richard Howard worked as a writer and editor of dictionaries. What is the proper name for a person who has that job?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)