|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Edward Hirsch currently works as the head of which prestigious organization?
(a) Pulitzer Prize Committee.
(b) National Endowment for the Arts.
(c) Library of Congress.
(d) Guggenheim Foundation.
2. Philip Levine was born in which Midwestern city?
(a) Kansas City.
(b) St. Louis.
3. Anne Sexton lived in which city?
4. Gary Snyder focuses a lot of his work around which topic?
5. Sylvia Plath wrote a poem in honor of God's lioness _____.
6. In which year did Anne Sexton die?
7. Who wrote "The Mad Potter?"
8. Which poet wrote about the "domestic self?"
9. Later in his career, Williams changed his style to reflect that of which famous poet?
10. Mary Oliver is considered to be one of the best ____ poets.
11. Charles Wright wrote an homage to which famous painter?
12. In Louise Gluck's "Messengers" which of the following seems to be waiting for the poet?
13. Which of the following is a main theme in Amy Clampitt's work?
14. Robert Pinsky studied at which university?
(c) Notre Dame.
15. What award did Yusef Komunyakaa receive for military service?
(a) Bronze Star.
(b) Purple Heart.
(c) Silver Star.
(d) Congressional Medal of Honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Philip Levine was greatly impacted by which war?
2. Jorie Graham was raised in which country?
3. Heather McHugh studied under which famous poet?
4. Marilyn Hacker previously worked as a salesperson. Which item did Hacker sell?
5. Which of the poets was born in the south but uses a northern perspective?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)