|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Edward Hirsch currently works as the head of which prestigious organization?
(a) Guggenheim Foundation.
(b) Library of Congress.
(c) National Endowment for the Arts.
(d) Pulitzer Prize Committee.
2. What award did Yusef Komunyakaa receive for military service?
(a) Silver Star.
(b) Purple Heart.
(c) Bronze Star.
(d) Congressional Medal of Honor.
3. Which poet often used inner city life as a theme?
4. How old was Amy Clampitt when her first book was published?
5. Which of the following was not a job held by Amy Clampitt?
6. Jorie Graham's work is often referred to as being _____.
7. Which poet wrote about the "domestic self?"
8. Who prompted Anne Sexton to start a writing career?
9. Philip Levine held which of the following jobs?
(a) Railroad shipper.
(b) Chicken farmer.
(c) Insurance salesman.
(d) Bank teller.
10. In what year was Robert Haas named Poet Laureate?
11. Sylvia Plath wrote a poem in honor of God's lioness _____.
12. Dave Smith has developed a poetic voice often referred to as the ____ self.
13. Mary Oliver is considered to be one of the best ____ poets.
14. What word is used to describe Robert Frost's work?
15. Who wrote "The Mad Potter?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Charles Simic was born in which country?
2. Which of the following is a main theme in Amy Clampitt's work?
3. Which of the poets was born in the south but uses a northern perspective?
4. Yusef Komunyakaa served in which war?
5. Which poet wrote the poem titled, "Mock Orange?"
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)