|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gary Snyder focuses a lot of his work around which topic?
2. Philip Levine was born in which Midwestern city?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) Kansas City.
3. Sylvia Plath wrote a poem in honor of God's lioness _____.
4. Which word is best used to describe the work of Sandra McPherson?
5. Anne Sexton wrote a poem based on which famous painting?
(a) The Madonna and Child.
(b) Starry Night.
(c) The Last Supper.
(d) Mona Lisa.
6. Who prompted Anne Sexton to start a writing career?
7. Unlike many poets, Robert Pinsky has no interest in _____.
8. Dave Smith has developed a poetic voice often referred to as the ____ self.
9. Heather McHugh's work is often compared to the work of ______.
10. The poem "Planetarium" was written in honor of which astronomer?
11. Charles Simic was born in which country?
12. Michael Harper was greatly influenced by which type of music?
13. Kay Ryan and her work are compared to all but which of the following women?
14. Which of the poets also worked as a playwright?
15. Michael Palmer is said to be one of the original ____ poets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rita Dove was named as the ____ Poet Laureate.
2. Jorie Graham's work is often referred to as being _____.
3. In what year did Charles Simic bring his family to the US?
4. Howard wrote a poem focused on aristocrats of which century?
5. Mark Strand was born in which country?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)