|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Sylvia Plath's husband?
2. Galway Kinnell wrote about which of the following topics?
(b) Closed self.
(c) Mental illness.
(d) Super ID.
3. Which of the following is a main theme in Amy Clampitt's work?
4. Howard wrote a poem focused on aristocrats of which century?
5. In which year did Anne Sexton win the Pulitzer Prize?
6. Which poet wrote the poem titled, "Ebb Tide?"
7. Richard Howard worked as a writer and editor of dictionaries. What is the proper name for a person who has that job?
8. What famous poet first inspired Charles Wright?
9. Adrienne Rich practiced which religion?
10. In Sharon Olds' "The Glass," she writes about her father who is dying from a tumor in which part of his body?
11. Kay Ryan and her work are compared to all but which of the following women?
12. Heather McHugh's work is often compared to the work of ______.
13. Who wrote "The Mad Potter?"
14. In what year did Charles Simic bring his family to the US?
15. C.K. Williams worked as which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not a job held by Amy Clampitt?
2. Rita Dove's work often blends history with which type of poetry?
3. William Matthews is not connected to which of the following colleges/universities?
4. What was Yusef Komunyakaa's birth name?
5. Which of the following words best describes Sharon Olds' work?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)