|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anne Sexton wrote a poem based on which famous painting?
(a) Mona Lisa.
(b) Starry Night.
(c) The Madonna and Child.
(d) The Last Supper.
2. Which poet often used inner city life as a theme?
3. Galway Kinnell wrote about which of the following topics?
(a) Closed self.
(b) Super ID.
(c) Mental illness.
4. Michael Palmer is said to be one of the original ____ poets.
5. Which of the following words is not used to describe Wright's work?
6. Which poet wrote about the "domestic self?"
7. Heather McHugh studied under which famous poet?
(a) Theodore Roethke.
(b) Walt Whitman.
(c) Allen Ginsberg.
(d) Robert Lowell.
8. Rita Dove's work often blends history with which type of poetry?
9. The reader's ____ are a significant part of Michael Palmer's poetry.
10. Unlike many poets, Robert Pinsky has no interest in _____.
11. Which poem was written for a survivor of Hiroshima?
(a) "The Night Mirror."
(b) "The Horse."
(c) "The Bear."
(d) "The Truth the Dead Know."
12. Charles Simic was born in which country?
13. Philip Levine held which of the following jobs?
(a) Insurance salesman.
(b) Railroad shipper.
(c) Bank teller.
(d) Chicken farmer.
14. Which poet wrote "Another Life?"
15. Which of the following was not one of the jobs held by Gary Snyder?
(b) Ditch digger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is used to describe Robert Frost's work?
2. Philip Levine was greatly impacted by which war?
3. What famous poet first inspired Charles Wright?
4. Sharon Olds is often labeled as a ______ poet.
5. Michael Palmer's poetry is said to use a(n) ______ abstraction.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)