|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word is not used to describe Ellen Bryant Voigt's work?
2. Galway Kinnell wrote about which of the following topics?
(a) Super ID.
(c) Mental illness.
(d) Closed self.
3. Charles Wright wrote an homage to which famous painter?
4. Who wrote "Venetian Interior, 1889?"
5. Dave Smith has developed a poetic voice often referred to as the ____ self.
6. Heather McHugh's work is often compared to the work of ______.
7. Which poet wrote the poem titled, "Mock Orange?"
8. How old was Amy Clampitt when her first book was published?
9. What word is used to describe Robert Frost's work?
10. What was Yusef Komunyakaa's birth name?
(a) Seth Lindstrom.
(b) Josef Brown.
(c) Yuri Williams.
(d) Robert Korb.
11. Marilyn Hacker spends six months of the year in New York; the other six months in _____.
(c) New Orleans.
12. Michael Palmer is said to be one of the original ____ poets.
13. Gary Snyder referred to himself as having very ____ values.
14. Jorie Graham's work is often referred to as being _____.
15. Which of the following is a main theme in Amy Clampitt's work?
Short Answer Questions
1. Marilyn Hacker previously worked as a salesperson. Which item did Hacker sell?
2. Who wrote the poem titled, "Onions?"
3. Yusef Komunyakaa's father was born in which country?
4. Charles Simic wrote a poem dedicated to which common item?
5. What was the name of Sylvia Plath's husband?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)