|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charles Wright wrote an homage to which famous painter?
2. Who wrote "The Mad Potter?"
3. Jorie Graham's work is often referred to as being _____.
4. In Sharon Olds' "The Glass," she writes about her father who is dying from a tumor in which part of his body?
5. Which poem was written for a survivor of Hiroshima?
(a) "The Bear."
(b) "The Truth the Dead Know."
(c) "The Horse."
(d) "The Night Mirror."
6. C.K. Williams worked as which of the following?
7. Marilyn Hacker spends six months of the year in New York; the other six months in _____.
(c) New Orleans.
8. Harper was born in which city?
(a) San Diego.
9. Michael Palmer's poetry is said to use a(n) ______ abstraction.
(a) Free flowing.
10. Mark Strand was born in which country?
11. Which president is mentioned in the title of one of Wright's poems?
12. Philip Levine was born in which Midwestern city?
(a) Kansas City.
(b) St. Louis.
13. Dave Smith has developed a poetic voice often referred to as the ____ self.
14. Charles Simic wrote a poem dedicated to which common item?
(b) Garbage can.
15. Anne Sexton lived in which city?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Sylvia Plath's husband?
2. What award did Yusef Komunyakaa receive for military service?
3. Gary Snyder referred to himself as having very ____ values.
4. Which of the following was not a job held by Amy Clampitt?
5. Mary Oliver believed that the majority of her poems were ______.
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)