|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charles Simic wrote a poem dedicated to which common item?
(a) Garbage can.
2. Rita Dove was named as the ____ Poet Laureate.
3. In what year was Robert Haas named Poet Laureate?
4. What famous poet first inspired Charles Wright?
5. Who wrote "Venetian Interior, 1889?"
6. Philip Levine was born in which Midwestern city?
(c) St. Louis.
(d) Kansas City.
7. Which word is not used to describe Ellen Bryant Voigt's work?
8. What was the occupation of Kay Ryan's father?
(b) Gas station attendant.
(c) Well driller.
(d) Railroad engineer.
9. Charles Simic was born in which country?
10. What award did Yusef Komunyakaa receive for military service?
(a) Congressional Medal of Honor.
(b) Silver Star.
(c) Purple Heart.
(d) Bronze Star.
11. What was Yusef Komunyakaa's birth name?
(a) Seth Lindstrom.
(b) Josef Brown.
(c) Yuri Williams.
(d) Robert Korb.
12. In Louise Gluck's "Messengers" which of the following seems to be waiting for the poet?
13. Jorie Graham was raised in which country?
14. Yusef Komunyakaa's father was born in which country?
15. Charles Wright wrote an homage to which famous painter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not a job held by Amy Clampitt?
2. Sylvia Plath wrote a poem in honor of God's lioness _____.
3. Which of the poets was born in the south but uses a northern perspective?
4. The reader's ____ are a significant part of Michael Palmer's poetry.
5. Unlike many poets, Robert Pinsky has no interest in _____.
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)