|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word is best used to describe the work of Sandra McPherson?
2. Who wrote the poem titled, "Onions?"
3. Who wrote "Venetian Interior, 1889?"
4. Which poet wrote "The Gas Station?"
5. Who wrote "The Mad Potter?"
6. Heather McHugh's work is often compared to the work of ______.
7. Marilyn Hacker spends six months of the year in New York; the other six months in _____.
(b) New Orleans.
8. Yusef Komunyakaa's father was born in which country?
9. Which of the following is a main theme in Amy Clampitt's work?
10. Sylvia Plath wrote a poem in honor of God's lioness _____.
11. Michael Harper was greatly influenced by which type of music?
12. In what year did Charles Simic bring his family to the US?
13. Jorie Graham was raised in which country?
14. Gary Snyder focuses a lot of his work around which topic?
15. Anne Sexton wrote a poem based on which famous painting?
(a) The Last Supper.
(b) Mona Lisa.
(c) Starry Night.
(d) The Madonna and Child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jay Wright honored famed black scientist _______ in his work.
2. What word is used to describe Robert Frost's work?
3. Michael Palmer's poetry is said to use a(n) ______ abstraction.
4. Which poet often used inner city life as a theme?
5. Howard wrote a poem focused on aristocrats of which century?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)