|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who prompted Anne Sexton to start a writing career?
2. Which of the poets also worked as a playwright?
3. Which poet wrote the poem titled, "Ebb Tide?"
4. Sharon Olds is often labeled as a ______ poet.
5. Rita Dove's work often blends history with which type of poetry?
6. Later in his career, Williams changed his style to reflect that of which famous poet?
7. The reader's ____ are a significant part of Michael Palmer's poetry.
8. Which of the following was not one of the jobs held by Gary Snyder?
(c) Ditch digger.
9. Jorie Graham was raised in which country?
10. What was the name of Sylvia Plath's husband?
11. In what year was Robert Haas named Poet Laureate?
12. Michael S. Harper created his work by combining autobiography and ____.
13. Philip Levine was born in which Midwestern city?
(a) Kansas City.
(d) St. Louis.
14. Mark Strand was born in which country?
15. Who wrote the poem titled, "Onions?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Dave Smith has developed a poetic voice often referred to as the ____ self.
2. What was Yusef Komunyakaa's birth name?
3. Which of the poets was born in the south but uses a northern perspective?
4. Edward Hirsch currently works as the head of which prestigious organization?
5. Kay Ryan and her work are compared to all but which of the following women?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)