|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Amy Clampitt when her first book was published?
2. Michael Harper was greatly influenced by which type of music?
3. What was the occupation of Kay Ryan's father?
(a) Well driller.
(c) Gas station attendant.
(d) Railroad engineer.
4. Heather McHugh's work is often compared to the work of ______.
5. Which of the following was not one of the jobs held by Gary Snyder?
(b) Ditch digger.
6. Which of the poets also worked as a playwright?
7. Mary Oliver believed that the majority of her poems were ______.
8. Which poet wrote the poem titled, "Mock Orange?"
9. Which of the following is a main theme in Amy Clampitt's work?
10. Philip Levine held which of the following jobs?
(a) Chicken farmer.
(b) Bank teller.
(c) Insurance salesman.
(d) Railroad shipper.
11. Charles Simic was born in which country?
12. Which of the following was not a job held by Amy Clampitt?
13. Galway Kinnell wrote about which of the following topics?
(b) Closed self.
(c) Super ID.
(d) Mental illness.
14. Jorie Graham was raised in which country?
15. Which poet wrote "Another Life?"
Short Answer Questions
1. C.K. Williams worked as which of the following?
2. Michael Harper wrote a poem dedicated to which famous musician?
3. Michael S. Harper created his work by combining autobiography and ____.
4. Edward Hirsch currently works as the head of which prestigious organization?
5. What was Yusef Komunyakaa's birth name?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)