|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dave Smith has developed a poetic voice often referred to as the ____ self.
2. Robert Pinsky studied at which university?
(a) Notre Dame.
3. Which poet wrote the poem titled, "Ebb Tide?"
4. Which word is not used to describe Ellen Bryant Voigt's work?
5. Rita Dove was named as the ____ Poet Laureate.
6. In Sharon Olds' "The Glass," she writes about her father who is dying from a tumor in which part of his body?
7. Adrienne Rich practiced which religion?
8. Sylvia Plath wrote a poem in honor of God's lioness _____.
9. Which of the following words best describes Sharon Olds' work?
10. Which of the following words is not used to describe Wright's work?
11. Which poet wrote the poem titled, "Mock Orange?"
12. Which poet wrote "The Gas Station?"
13. Mark Strand was name as the _____ Poet Laureate.
14. Philip Levine held which of the following jobs?
(a) Bank teller.
(b) Insurance salesman.
(c) Chicken farmer.
(d) Railroad shipper.
15. Richard Howard worked as a writer and editor of dictionaries. What is the proper name for a person who has that job?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Amy Clampitt when her first book was published?
2. Yusef Komunyakaa served in which war?
3. What was the name of Sylvia Plath's husband?
4. Jorie Graham's work is often referred to as being _____.
5. Which poet works at Johns Hopkins University?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)