Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which poet often used inner city life as a theme?
2. Richard Howard worked as a writer and editor of dictionaries. What is the proper name for a person who has that job?
3. The poem "Planetarium" was written in honor of which astronomer?
4. Charles Simic was born in which country?
5. Robert Pinsky studied at which university?
(a) Notre Dame.
6. Jorie Graham was raised in which country?
7. Which of the following words is not used to describe Wright's work?
8. Michael Palmer is said to be one of the original ____ poets.
9. Michael Harper wrote a poem dedicated to which famous musician?
10. Michael Palmer's poetry is said to use a(n) ______ abstraction.
(b) Free flowing.
11. How old was Amy Clampitt when her first book was published?
12. Mark Strand was name as the _____ Poet Laureate.
13. Unlike many poets, Robert Pinsky has no interest in _____.
14. Which word is best used to describe the work of Sandra McPherson?
15. Which of the poets was born in the south but uses a northern perspective?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the poem titled, "Onions?"
2. In which year did Anne Sexton win the Pulitzer Prize?
3. Which of the following was not a job held by Amy Clampitt?
4. What was the name of Sylvia Plath's husband?
5. The reader's ____ are a significant part of Michael Palmer's poetry.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)