|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael Palmer's poetry is said to use a(n) ______ abstraction.
(b) Free flowing.
2. Yusef Komunyakaa served in which war?
(b) Desert Storm.
3. Which poem was written for a survivor of Hiroshima?
(a) "The Horse."
(b) "The Bear."
(c) "The Night Mirror."
(d) "The Truth the Dead Know."
4. Sharon Olds is often labeled as a ______ poet.
5. Which of the following was not a job held by Amy Clampitt?
6. Philip Levine was greatly impacted by which war?
(a) World War II.
(b) War of the Roses.
(c) Korean War.
(d) Spanish War.
7. Which poet wrote the poem titled, "Mock Orange?"
8. Michael Harper was greatly influenced by which type of music?
9. Gary Snyder focuses a lot of his work around which topic?
10. Anne Sexton wrote a poem based on which famous painting?
(a) The Last Supper.
(b) Mona Lisa.
(c) Starry Night.
(d) The Madonna and Child.
11. Which poet wrote about the "domestic self?"
12. Who wrote "The Mad Potter?"
13. Which of the poets also worked as a playwright?
14. What famous poet first inspired Charles Wright?
15. Heather McHugh studied under which famous poet?
(a) Theodore Roethke.
(b) Allen Ginsberg.
(c) Robert Lowell.
(d) Walt Whitman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Sharon Olds' work?
2. In which year did Anne Sexton die?
3. Mary Oliver is considered to be one of the best ____ poets.
4. Which of the following was not one of the jobs held by Gary Snyder?
5. Which of the following words is not used to describe Wright's work?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)