|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kay Ryan and her work are compared to all but which of the following women?
2. Jorie Graham was raised in which country?
3. Michael Palmer is said to be one of the original ____ poets.
4. Richard Howard worked as a writer and editor of dictionaries. What is the proper name for a person who has that job?
5. How old was Amy Clampitt when her first book was published?
6. Which of the poets was born in the south but uses a northern perspective?
7. Adrienne Rich practiced which religion?
8. Robert Haas earned his Ph.D. from which university?
9. Gary Snyder focuses a lot of his work around which topic?
10. What famous poet first inspired Charles Wright?
11. What was Yusef Komunyakaa's birth name?
(a) Josef Brown.
(b) Yuri Williams.
(c) Robert Korb.
(d) Seth Lindstrom.
12. Which poet wrote the poem titled, "Ebb Tide?"
13. Marilyn Hacker spends six months of the year in New York; the other six months in _____.
(d) New Orleans.
14. Yusef Komunyakaa's father was born in which country?
15. Michael S. Harper created his work by combining autobiography and ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which poet wrote "The Gas Station?"
2. Which of the poets also worked as a playwright?
3. Which poet wrote about the "domestic self?"
4. What was the occupation of Kay Ryan's father?
5. Who prompted Anne Sexton to start a writing career?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)