|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. W.D. Snodgrass served in which branch of the armed forces?
(a) Air Force.
2. "The Day Lady Died" refers to which of the following women?
(a) Lucille Ball.
(b) Marilyn Monroe.
(c) Billie Holliday.
(d) Jackie Kennedy Onasis.
3. In which city was Robert Hayden born?
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
4. Which of the following was not a job held by Wilbur?
5. Who served as the first Poet Laureate of the United States?
6. Who was heavily influenced by Theodore Roethke?
7. "Degrees of Gray in Philipsburg" discusses what type of mine?
8. Where is the Jain Bird Hospital located?
9. In what year was the position established?
10. in Creeley's "The Rescue," the poet describes which tragedy?
(a) House fire.
11. In which year did Merrill win the Pulitzer Prize?
12. Which of the following words is used to describe Mary Swenson's work?
13. Elizabeth Bishop was raised by relatives in which major metropolitan area?
(a) St. Louis.
(d) New York.
14. What word is best used to describe Robert Lowell?
15. Which poet cites Auden and Frost as his influences?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the poets wrote a piece titled, "Frederick Douglass?"
2. David Wagoner wrote a poem about which activity?
3. Which poet was born in Ohio?
4. Merrill was known for writing in which type of verse?
5. What was the name of the publication edited by Van Duyn?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)