|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was not one of Robert Creeley's jobs?
(c) Chicken farmer.
(d) Ambulance driver.
2. One of Randall Jarrell's poems is titled, "The Women at the ____ Zoo."
(a) New York.
(d) San Diego.
3. Merrill was known for writing in which type of verse?
4. Merwin, a former expatriate, lives in which US state?
(b) Rhode Island.
(c) New York.
5. Which poet cites Auden and Frost as his influences?
6. Ammons favored which style?
7. Which was not one of Cunningham's jobs?
8. The introduction states that American art was great because of _____.
9. Meredith served in which branch of the armed forces?
(a) Air Force.
(b) Coast Guard.
10. What word is best used to describe Robert Lowell?
11. Olson believed poetry should be written based on _____, not meter.
12. Mary Swenson received a degree in which discipline?
13. "Degrees of Gray in Philipsburg" discusses what type of mine?
14. Duncan was linked to the _______ poets.
(a) Greenwich Village.
(b) Ancient Greek.
(c) Black Mountain.
(d) Post Modern.
15. Charles Olson refers to himself as which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Frank O'Hara was deeply affected by the death of which famous artist?
2. "The Day Lady Died" refers to which of the following women?
3. Which of the poets was a high school football star?
4. What is the earliest year in which one of the poets was born?
5. Which of the following words is not used in reference to Howard Nemerov's work?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)