|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the poets worked at the Museum of Modern Art?
2. Ammons considered himself to be a part of which spiritual movement?
(c) Fundamental Christian.
3. in Creeley's "The Rescue," the poet describes which tragedy?
(c) House fire.
4. Which series of numbers is in the poem titled, "A Century of Epigrams?"
(a) 23, 57, 51, 62, 73.
(b) 26, 52, 55, 65, 79.
(c) 24, 51, 53, 60, 77.
(d) 29, 53, 55, 62, 76.
5. Which of the poets wrote a piece titled, "Einstein's Bathrobe?"
(b) Van Duyn.
6. Mary Swenson received a degree in which discipline?
7. "Mule Team and Poster" was based on a photograph taken by which of the following?
8. "Amusing Our Daughters" was written to which of the poet's family members?
9. Which poet was the first director of the literary programs at the National Endowment for the Arts?
10. Carolyn Kizer wrote a poem about man's abuse of which natural resource?
11. In which year did Merrill win the Pulitzer Prize?
12. What was Meredith's job?
(b) Auto mechanic.
(d) Flying nurse.
13. Which of the poets wrote a piece titled, "The Sheep Child?"
(a) Van Duyn.
14. What was the profession of Richard Wilbur's father?
15. Which poet cites Auden and Frost as his influences?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the same time, Frank O'Hara also mourned the death of which musician?
2. David Wagoner wrote a poem about which activity?
3. Merwin, a former expatriate, lives in which US state?
4. Where is the Jain Bird Hospital located?
5. Mona Van Duyn taught at which St. Louis based university?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)