|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charles Olson refers to himself as which of the following?
2. At the same time, Frank O'Hara also mourned the death of which musician?
3. Which of the poets worked at the Museum of Modern Art?
4. What was the profession of Richard Wilbur's father?
5. While in residence in Europe, Ashbery held which job?
(a) Tour guide.
(d) Art critic.
6. Randall Jarrell's poetry is typically centered around which event/era?
(a) World War II.
(b) Civil War.
(c) The Great Depression.
(d) World War I.
7. Which poet cites Auden and Frost as his influences?
8. W.S. Merwin attended which Ivy League school?
9. In what year did Swenson move to New York?
10. Frank O'Hara studied at which university?
(b) University of Montana.
(d) University of Michigan.
11. Ammons favored which style?
12. One of Randall Jarrell's poems is titled, "The Women at the ____ Zoo."
(a) New York.
(d) San Diego.
13. Which poet was greatly influenced by William Butler Yeats and W.H. Auden?
(a) Randall Jarrell.
(b) Elizabeth Bishop.
(c) Theodore Roethke.
(d) John Berryman.
14. In which year was Van Duyn appointed as the Poet Laureate?
15. What word is best used to describe Robert Lowell?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the poets wrote a piece titled, "The Sheep Child?"
2. Frank O'Hara was deeply affected by the death of which famous artist?
3. Which of the poets wrote a piece titled, "Einstein's Bathrobe?"
4. Which one of the poets worked as a consultant to the Library of Congress?
5. What was Meredith's job?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)