|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Merrill was known for writing in which type of verse?
2. in Creeley's "The Rescue," the poet describes which tragedy?
(c) House fire.
3. According to the text, the best English language literature was produced in which century?
4. David Wagoner's work was greatly influenced by which native American tribe?
5. In what year did O'Hara die?
6. Charles Olson refers to himself as which of the following?
7. Schuyler compares poetry to which of the following?
8. Frank O'Hara was deeply affected by the death of which famous artist?
9. Which city was the center of the great poetry Renaissance?
(c) San Francisco.
10. James Dickey claims his life was changed after spending a year in which European country?
11. Which of the poets worked at the Museum of Modern Art?
12. Justice writes a poem about a lone reader waiting in a _____ at dusk.
(b) School yard.
(c) Shopping mall.
13. Which of the poets wrote a piece titled, "Einstein's Bathrobe?"
(b) Van Duyn.
14. Robert Penn Warren is said to have written poetry in a _____ style.
15. What is the latest year in which one of the poets was born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words is used to describe Mary Swenson's work?
2. "Amusing Our Daughters" was written to which of the poet's family members?
3. Ammons considered himself to be a part of which spiritual movement?
4. Duncan's work is different because it is considered to be more ____.
5. Which of the poets was a high school football star?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)