|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John Ashbery lived in which European city?
2. What word is best used to describe Robert Lowell?
3. "Mule Team and Poster" was based on a photograph taken by which of the following?
4. Randall Jarrell's poetry is typically centered around which event/era?
(a) The Great Depression.
(b) World War II.
(c) Civil War.
(d) World War I.
5. At the same time, Frank O'Hara also mourned the death of which musician?
6. One of Randall Jarrell's poems is titled, "The Women at the ____ Zoo."
(c) San Diego.
(d) New York.
7. Which of the poets was a high school football star?
8. Allen Ginsberg is closely affiliated with which poetic movement?
(a) Post Modernist.
(c) Beat Generation.
(d) New York Renaissance.
9. Schuyler compares poetry to which of the following?
10. Which of the poets wrote a piece titled, "Frederick Douglass?"
11. Which of the poets worked at the Museum of Modern Art?
12. Merwin, a former expatriate, lives in which US state?
(b) Rhode Island.
(c) New York.
13. James Merrill spent part of his life living in which exotic location?
(a) Key West.
14. Ammons favored which style?
15. Where is the Jain Bird Hospital located?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which poet cites Auden and Frost as his influences?
2. "The Tourist from Syracuse" was inspired by the writing of which author?
3. Which of the following words is used to describe Mary Swenson's work?
4. In what year did O'Hara die?
5. Which poet was greatly influenced by William Butler Yeats and W.H. Auden?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)