|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Randall Jarrell's poetry is typically centered around which event/era?
(a) World War I.
(b) Civil War.
(c) The Great Depression.
(d) World War II.
2. How many poets appear in the book?
3. In what year was the position established?
4. Which of the poets wrote a piece titled, "Frederick Douglass?"
5. Which poet was born in Ohio?
6. In what year did Swenson move to New York?
7. Who was heavily influenced by Theodore Roethke?
8. According to the text, the best English language literature was produced in which century?
9. What was the profession of Richard Wilbur's father?
10. In which year did Merrill win the Pulitzer Prize?
11. Merrill was known for writing in which type of verse?
12. Cunningham's work was referred to as being cool and _____.
13. Merrill moved back to the US in which year?
14. Which of the poets had a Hasidic Russian rabbi for a father?
15. Which poet wrote the "Autumn Shade" series?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the poets worked at the Museum of Modern Art?
2. Richard Hugo grew up in which western US city?
3. Which poet was greatly influenced by William Butler Yeats and W.H. Auden?
4. What was A.R. Ammons field of study in college?
5. Ammons favored which style?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)