|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frank O'Hara studied at which university?
(a) University of Montana.
(d) University of Michigan.
2. "The Tourist from Syracuse" was inspired by the writing of which author?
3. David Wagoner wrote a poem about which activity?
4. "Degrees of Gray in Philipsburg" discusses what type of mine?
5. Which of Cunningham's poems it the first to appear in his section?
(a) "A Century of Epigrams."
(b) "Middle Passage."
(c) "For my Contemporaries."
(d) "To My Wife,"
6. Where is the Jain Bird Hospital located?
7. In which city was Robert Hayden born?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
8. Meredith served in which branch of the armed forces?
(a) Air Force.
(c) Coast Guard.
9. Merrill was known for writing in which type of verse?
10. One of Randall Jarrell's poems is titled, "The Women at the ____ Zoo."
(b) San Diego.
(d) New York.
11. Which one of the poets worked as a consultant to the Library of Congress?
(c) Van Duyn.
12. Which poet was born in Ohio?
13. Which was not one of Cunningham's jobs?
14. W.S. Merwin attended which Ivy League school?
15. What position did Dickey hold in the army during WWII?
(d) Fighter pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the poets wrote a piece titled, "Einstein's Bathrobe?"
2. Garrigue was influenced by which famous composer?
3. James Dickey claims his life was changed after spending a year in which European country?
4. According to the text, the best English language literature was produced in which century?
5. Elizabeth Bishop was raised by relatives in which major metropolitan area?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)