|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ammons considered himself to be a part of which spiritual movement?
(c) Fundamental Christian.
2. Justice writes a poem about a lone reader waiting in a _____ at dusk.
(b) Shopping mall.
(c) School yard.
3. What was Meredith's job?
(b) Auto mechanic.
(d) Flying nurse.
4. What is the latest year in which one of the poets was born?
5. Mona Van Duyn taught at which St. Louis based university?
(a) Howard University.
(b) Washington University.
(c) University of Missouri.
(d) St. Louis University.
6. David Wagoner's work was greatly influenced by which native American tribe?
7. According to the text, the best English language literature was produced in which century?
8. Which of Cunningham's poems it the first to appear in his section?
(a) "To My Wife,"
(b) "For my Contemporaries."
(c) "A Century of Epigrams."
(d) "Middle Passage."
9. Which of the poets wrote a piece titled, "Frederick Douglass?"
10. What was A.R. Ammons field of study in college?
11. Where is the Jain Bird Hospital located?
12. Olson believed poetry should be written based on _____, not meter.
13. From which university did Theodore Roethke graduate?
14. Ammons favored which style?
15. Mary Swenson received a degree in which discipline?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which poet was born in Ohio?
2. Which of the following words is used to describe Mary Swenson's work?
3. What was the name of the publication edited by Van Duyn?
4. Which of the poets had a Hasidic Russian rabbi for a father?
5. Which of the following words is not used in reference to Howard Nemerov's work?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)