|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From which university did Theodore Roethke graduate?
2. Merwin, a former expatriate, lives in which US state?
(a) New York.
(b) Rhode Island.
3. Where is the Jain Bird Hospital located?
4. Which one of the poets worked as a consultant to the Library of Congress?
(d) Van Duyn.
5. What was the name of the publication edited by Van Duyn?
6. One of Randall Jarrell's poems is titled, "The Women at the ____ Zoo."
(c) New York.
(d) San Diego.
7. What was Meredith's job?
(b) Flying nurse.
(c) Auto mechanic.
8. Who served as the first Poet Laureate of the United States?
9. Which of the following words is used to describe Mary Swenson's work?
10. Justice writes a poem about a lone reader waiting in a _____ at dusk.
(b) School yard.
(d) Shopping mall.
11. In what year did O'Hara die?
12. Which of the following was not a job held by Wilbur?
13. "Amusing Our Daughters" was written to which of the poet's family members?
14. Ammons considered himself to be a part of which spiritual movement?
(d) Fundamental Christian.
15. Which of the following is not one of Lowell's poems?
(a) "One Art."
(c) "Skunk Hour."
(d) "Man and Wife."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the poets wrote a piece titled, "Frederick Douglass?"
2. What is the latest year in which one of the poets was born?
3. While in residence in Europe, Ashbery held which job?
4. In which city was Robert Hayden born?
5. Which of the following was not one of Robert Creeley's jobs?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)