|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Garrigue was influenced by which famous composer?
2. In what year did O'Hara die?
3. Merrill was known for writing in which type of verse?
4. "Amusing Our Daughters" was written to which of the poet's family members?
5. Frank O'Hara studied at which university?
(a) University of Michigan.
(b) University of Montana.
6. Which of the poets wrote a piece titled, "Frederick Douglass?"
7. Ammons favored which style?
8. Duncan's work is different because it is considered to be more ____.
9. W.S. Merwin attended which Ivy League school?
10. In what year was the position established?
11. Which city was the center of the great poetry Renaissance?
(d) San Francisco.
12. Justice writes a poem about a lone reader waiting in a _____ at dusk.
(b) Shopping mall.
(c) School yard.
13. What position did Dickey hold in the army during WWII?
(d) Fighter pilot.
14. Which was not one of Cunningham's jobs?
15. In which city was Robert Hayden born?
(a) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Tourist from Syracuse" was inspired by the writing of which author?
2. One of Randall Jarrell's poems is titled, "The Women at the ____ Zoo."
3. What is the earliest year in which one of the poets was born?
4. Charles Olson refers to himself as which of the following?
5. Which of the following was not one of Robert Creeley's jobs?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)