|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Allen Ginsberg is closely affiliated with which poetic movement?
(a) Beat Generation.
(c) New York Renaissance.
(d) Post Modernist.
2. In which year did Merrill win the Pulitzer Prize?
3. Mary Swenson received a degree in which discipline?
4. Olson believed poetry should be written based on _____, not meter.
5. One of Randall Jarrell's poems is titled, "The Women at the ____ Zoo."
(a) San Diego.
(c) New York.
6. At the same time, Frank O'Hara also mourned the death of which musician?
7. Which was not one of Cunningham's jobs?
8. Which of the following was not one of Robert Creeley's jobs?
(b) Chicken farmer.
(c) Ambulance driver.
9. Merrill was known for writing in which type of verse?
10. "Amusing Our Daughters" was written to which of the poet's family members?
11. Elizabeth Bishop was raised by relatives in which major metropolitan area?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) New York.
12. How many poets appear in the book?
13. Merwin, a former expatriate, lives in which US state?
(a) New York.
(c) Rhode Island.
14. Duncan's work is different because it is considered to be more ____.
15. In what year did O'Hara die?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Swenson move to New York?
2. What word is best used to describe Robert Lowell?
3. According to the text, the best English language literature was produced in which century?
4. Garrigue was influenced by which famous composer?
5. "Mule Team and Poster" was based on a photograph taken by which of the following?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)