|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the poets worked at the Museum of Modern Art?
2. Which of the following is not one of Lowell's poems?
(a) "Man and Wife."
(b) "One Art."
(c) "Skunk Hour."
3. Where is the Jain Bird Hospital located?
4. Which of the following words is not used in reference to Howard Nemerov's work?
5. Cunningham's work was referred to as being cool and _____.
6. Who was heavily influenced by Theodore Roethke?
7. Which of the following words is used to describe Mary Swenson's work?
8. One of Randall Jarrell's poems is titled, "The Women at the ____ Zoo."
(b) San Diego.
(c) New York.
9. Robert Penn Warren is said to have written poetry in a _____ style.
10. Which poet was born in Ohio?
11. "The Day Lady Died" refers to which of the following women?
(a) Marilyn Monroe.
(b) Lucille Ball.
(c) Jackie Kennedy Onasis.
(d) Billie Holliday.
12. Which of the following was not a job held by Wilbur?
13. What position did Dickey hold in the army during WWII?
(d) Fighter pilot.
14. While in residence in Europe, Ashbery held which job?
(b) Tour guide.
(d) Art critic.
15. Which was not one of Cunningham's jobs?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ammons considered himself to be a part of which spiritual movement?
2. David Wagoner wrote a poem about which activity?
3. Justice writes a poem about a lone reader waiting in a _____ at dusk.
4. Garrigue was influenced by which famous composer?
5. James Dickey claims his life was changed after spending a year in which European country?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)