|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words is not used in reference to Howard Nemerov's work?
2. At the same time, Frank O'Hara also mourned the death of which musician?
3. Which poet wrote "To the Harbormaster?"
4. David Wagoner's work was greatly influenced by which native American tribe?
5. Which of the poets wrote a piece titled, "The Sheep Child?"
(c) Van Duyn.
6. Which of the poets wrote a piece titled, "Frederick Douglass?"
7. Which city was the center of the great poetry Renaissance?
(b) San Francisco.
8. Duncan's work is different because it is considered to be more ____.
9. Allen Ginsberg is closely affiliated with which poetic movement?
(a) Post Modernist.
(c) New York Renaissance.
(d) Beat Generation.
10. Frank O'Hara studied at which university?
(a) University of Michigan.
(d) University of Montana.
11. In what year did O'Hara die?
12. Elizabeth Bishop was raised by relatives in which major metropolitan area?
(c) St. Louis.
(d) New York.
13. From which university did Theodore Roethke graduate?
14. Which of the poets worked at the Museum of Modern Art?
15. In which year was Van Duyn appointed as the Poet Laureate?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Amusing Our Daughters" was written to which of the poet's family members?
2. Which of the following words is used to describe Mary Swenson's work?
3. James Merrill spent part of his life living in which exotic location?
4. What was Meredith's job?
5. W.S. Merwin attended which Ivy League school?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)