|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city was Robert Hayden born?
(b) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
2. Ammons considered himself to be a part of which spiritual movement?
(c) Fundamental Christian.
3. Which of the poets had a Hasidic Russian rabbi for a father?
4. Which poet was born in Ohio?
5. Duncan was linked to the _______ poets.
(a) Post Modern.
(b) Greenwich Village.
(c) Ancient Greek.
(d) Black Mountain.
6. Which of the poets worked at the Museum of Modern Art?
7. In which year was Van Duyn appointed as the Poet Laureate?
8. Which poet was greatly influenced by William Butler Yeats and W.H. Auden?
(a) Theodore Roethke.
(b) John Berryman.
(c) Randall Jarrell.
(d) Elizabeth Bishop.
9. Carolyn Kizer wrote a poem about man's abuse of which natural resource?
10. Which was not one of Cunningham's jobs?
11. According to the text, the best English language literature was produced in which century?
12. Which poet wrote the "Autumn Shade" series?
13. While in residence in Europe, Ashbery held which job?
(b) Tour guide.
(c) Art critic.
14. Mona Van Duyn taught at which St. Louis based university?
(a) Howard University.
(b) Washington University.
(c) St. Louis University.
(d) University of Missouri.
15. Richard Hugo taught at which university?
(a) University of Iowa.
(b) University of Idaho.
(c) University of Wisconsin.
(d) University of Montana.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Swenson move to New York?
2. One of Randall Jarrell's poems is titled, "The Women at the ____ Zoo."
3. Which of the following is not one of Lowell's poems?
4. Meredith served in which branch of the armed forces?
5. Frank O'Hara was deeply affected by the death of which famous artist?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)