|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert Penn Warren is said to have written poetry in a _____ style.
2. Which poet cites Auden and Frost as his influences?
3. In what year did Swenson move to New York?
4. Garrigue was influenced by which famous composer?
5. In what year was the position established?
6. What was the name of the publication edited by Van Duyn?
7. Which poet was the first director of the literary programs at the National Endowment for the Arts?
8. At the same time, Frank O'Hara also mourned the death of which musician?
9. Richard Hugo grew up in which western US city?
(a) Santa Barbara.
10. Which poet wrote "To the Harbormaster?"
11. Cunningham's work was referred to as being cool and _____.
12. One of Randall Jarrell's poems is titled, "The Women at the ____ Zoo."
(b) New York.
(c) San Diego.
13. Which of the following is not one of Lowell's poems?
(b) "Skunk Hour."
(c) "Man and Wife."
(d) "One Art."
14. Which of the poets had a Hasidic Russian rabbi for a father?
15. Which city was the center of the great poetry Renaissance?
(b) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. James Dickey claims his life was changed after spending a year in which European country?
2. W.S. Merwin attended which Ivy League school?
3. How many poets appear in the book?
4. What is the earliest year in which one of the poets was born?
5. What position did Dickey hold in the army during WWII?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)