|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Schuyler compares poetry to which of the following?
2. What position did Dickey hold in the army during WWII?
(a) Fighter pilot.
3. "Amusing Our Daughters" was written to which of the poet's family members?
4. While in residence in Europe, Ashbery held which job?
(a) Art critic.
(d) Tour guide.
5. Which poet was greatly influenced by William Butler Yeats and W.H. Auden?
(a) Elizabeth Bishop.
(b) John Berryman.
(c) Randall Jarrell.
(d) Theodore Roethke.
6. in Creeley's "The Rescue," the poet describes which tragedy?
(a) House fire.
7. Which of the poets was a high school football star?
8. John Ashbery lived in which European city?
9. In what year did Swenson move to New York?
10. Which one of the poets worked as a consultant to the Library of Congress?
(b) Van Duyn.
11. W.S. Merwin attended which Ivy League school?
12. Ammons considered himself to be a part of which spiritual movement?
(b) Fundamental Christian.
13. James Dickey claims his life was changed after spending a year in which European country?
14. Which of Cunningham's poems it the first to appear in his section?
(a) "To My Wife,"
(b) "A Century of Epigrams."
(c) "Middle Passage."
(d) "For my Contemporaries."
15. Which of the poets wrote a piece titled, "The Sheep Child?"
(d) Van Duyn.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the same time, Frank O'Hara also mourned the death of which musician?
2. Who was heavily influenced by Theodore Roethke?
3. Meredith served in which branch of the armed forces?
4. Which poet was the first director of the literary programs at the National Endowment for the Arts?
5. Duncan was linked to the _______ poets.
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)