|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carolyn Kizer wrote a poem about man's abuse of which natural resource?
2. David Wagoner wrote a poem about which activity?
3. In which city was Robert Hayden born?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
4. Merrill moved back to the US in which year?
5. Which of the poets had a Hasidic Russian rabbi for a father?
6. Richard Hugo taught at which university?
(a) University of Wisconsin.
(b) University of Iowa.
(c) University of Idaho.
(d) University of Montana.
7. Which of the following is not one of Lowell's poems?
(b) "Man and Wife."
(c) "Skunk Hour."
(d) "One Art."
8. Which of the poets wrote a piece titled, "Frederick Douglass?"
9. In which year did Merrill win the Pulitzer Prize?
10. How many poets appear in the book?
11. "The Day Lady Died" refers to which of the following women?
(a) Jackie Kennedy Onasis.
(b) Marilyn Monroe.
(c) Billie Holliday.
(d) Lucille Ball.
12. Which poet was greatly influenced by William Butler Yeats and W.H. Auden?
(a) Randall Jarrell.
(b) John Berryman.
(c) Theodore Roethke.
(d) Elizabeth Bishop.
13. From which university did Theodore Roethke graduate?
14. Which of Cunningham's poems it the first to appear in his section?
(a) "A Century of Epigrams."
(b) "For my Contemporaries."
(c) "To My Wife,"
(d) "Middle Passage."
15. Ammons favored which style?
Short Answer Questions
1. Randall Jarrell's poetry is typically centered around which event/era?
2. Which of the following was not one of Robert Creeley's jobs?
3. The introduction states that American art was great because of _____.
4. Justice writes a poem about a lone reader waiting in a _____ at dusk.
5. David Wagoner's work was greatly influenced by which native American tribe?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)