|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in residence in Europe, Ashbery held which job?
(a) Art critic.
(d) Tour guide.
2. Duncan was linked to the _______ poets.
(a) Greenwich Village.
(b) Post Modern.
(c) Ancient Greek.
(d) Black Mountain.
3. David Wagoner's work was greatly influenced by which native American tribe?
4. Which of the following is not one of Lowell's poems?
(b) "One Art."
(c) "Man and Wife."
(d) "Skunk Hour."
5. Which of the poets wrote a piece titled, "The Sheep Child?"
(c) Van Duyn.
6. In which city was Robert Hayden born?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
7. "Degrees of Gray in Philipsburg" discusses what type of mine?
8. Which of the poets was a high school football star?
9. Which poet wrote the "Autumn Shade" series?
10. Who served as the first Poet Laureate of the United States?
11. Which of the poets worked at the Museum of Modern Art?
12. How many poets appear in the book?
13. One of Randall Jarrell's poems is titled, "The Women at the ____ Zoo."
(b) New York.
(c) San Diego.
14. Merwin, a former expatriate, lives in which US state?
(a) New York.
(b) Rhode Island.
15. John Ashbery lived in which European city?
Short Answer Questions
1. Charles Olson refers to himself as which of the following?
2. Robert Penn Warren is said to have written poetry in a _____ style.
3. Which of Cunningham's poems it the first to appear in his section?
4. What position did Dickey hold in the army during WWII?
5. "Amusing Our Daughters" was written to which of the poet's family members?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)