|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the poets worked at the Museum of Modern Art?
2. Which of the following is not one of Lowell's poems?
(a) "One Art."
(b) "Skunk Hour."
(c) "Man and Wife."
3. Which poet wrote the "Autumn Shade" series?
4. How many poets appear in the book?
5. Which of the following was not one of Robert Creeley's jobs?
(c) Chicken farmer.
(d) Ambulance driver.
6. While in residence in Europe, Ashbery held which job?
(b) Art critic.
(d) Tour guide.
7. John Ashbery lived in which European city?
8. "Amusing Our Daughters" was written to which of the poet's family members?
9. Which poet cites Auden and Frost as his influences?
10. Frank O'Hara studied at which university?
(a) University of Michigan.
(b) University of Montana.
11. "Degrees of Gray in Philipsburg" discusses what type of mine?
12. In which year did Merrill win the Pulitzer Prize?
13. Garrigue was influenced by which famous composer?
14. James Merrill spent part of his life living in which exotic location?
(c) Key West.
15. What was Meredith's job?
(a) Auto mechanic.
(d) Flying nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession of Richard Wilbur's father?
2. What word is best used to describe Robert Lowell?
3. Duncan's work is different because it is considered to be more ____.
4. Richard Hugo grew up in which western US city?
5. David Wagoner wrote a poem about which activity?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)