Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Merrill moved back to the US in which year?
2. John Ashbery lived in which European city?
3. Which of the poets was a high school football star?
4. James Dickey claims his life was changed after spending a year in which European country?
5. According to the text, the best English language literature was produced in which century?
6. How many poets appear in the book?
7. "Amusing Our Daughters" was written to which of the poet's family members?
8. Which poet was greatly influenced by William Butler Yeats and W.H. Auden?
(a) Elizabeth Bishop.
(b) Theodore Roethke.
(c) John Berryman.
(d) Randall Jarrell.
9. The introduction states that American art was great because of _____.
10. Allen Ginsberg is closely affiliated with which poetic movement?
(a) Post Modernist.
(b) Beat Generation.
(c) New York Renaissance.
11. Merrill was known for writing in which type of verse?
12. Cunningham's work was referred to as being cool and _____.
13. Which of the poets wrote a piece titled, "Einstein's Bathrobe?"
(b) Van Duyn.
14. Which of the poets wrote a piece titled, "Frederick Douglass?"
15. Olson believed poetry should be written based on _____, not meter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was heavily influenced by Theodore Roethke?
2. Which of the following was not one of Robert Creeley's jobs?
3. Mona Van Duyn taught at which St. Louis based university?
4. Garrigue was influenced by which famous composer?
5. Elizabeth Bishop was raised by relatives in which major metropolitan area?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)