|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who served as the first Poet Laureate of the United States?
2. Which poet cites Auden and Frost as his influences?
3. James Dickey claims his life was changed after spending a year in which European country?
4. Ammons favored which style?
5. Allen Ginsberg is closely affiliated with which poetic movement?
(a) Beat Generation.
(b) New York Renaissance.
(d) Post Modernist.
6. Which poet was the first director of the literary programs at the National Endowment for the Arts?
7. What was A.R. Ammons field of study in college?
8. Merrill was known for writing in which type of verse?
9. How many poets appear in the book?
10. Frank O'Hara studied at which university?
(a) University of Michigan.
(d) University of Montana.
11. David Wagoner's work was greatly influenced by which native American tribe?
12. Which city was the center of the great poetry Renaissance?
(c) San Francisco.
13. Which of the following was not a job held by Wilbur?
14. Which of the following words is used to describe Mary Swenson's work?
15. Duncan was linked to the _______ poets.
(a) Ancient Greek.
(b) Black Mountain.
(c) Post Modern.
(d) Greenwich Village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charles Olson refers to himself as which of the following?
2. Which of the poets wrote a piece titled, "Frederick Douglass?"
3. Elizabeth Bishop was raised by relatives in which major metropolitan area?
4. Cunningham's work was referred to as being cool and _____.
5. In which city was Robert Hayden born?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)