|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. W.D. Snodgrass served in which branch of the armed forces?
(a) Air Force.
2. Ammons considered himself to be a part of which spiritual movement?
(c) Fundamental Christian.
3. "Degrees of Gray in Philipsburg" discusses what type of mine?
4. Robert Penn Warren is said to have written poetry in a _____ style.
5. Which of the following words is used to describe Mary Swenson's work?
6. At the same time, Frank O'Hara also mourned the death of which musician?
7. In what year did Swenson move to New York?
8. Richard Hugo taught at which university?
(a) University of Wisconsin.
(b) University of Montana.
(c) University of Iowa.
(d) University of Idaho.
9. What word is best used to describe Robert Lowell?
10. What was A.R. Ammons field of study in college?
11. Which of Cunningham's poems it the first to appear in his section?
(a) "For my Contemporaries."
(b) "A Century of Epigrams."
(c) "To My Wife,"
(d) "Middle Passage."
12. Ammons favored which style?
13. Which of the following was not a job held by Wilbur?
14. Cunningham's work was referred to as being cool and _____.
15. James Merrill spent part of his life living in which exotic location?
(d) Key West.
Short Answer Questions
1. Duncan's work is different because it is considered to be more ____.
2. In which city was Robert Hayden born?
3. In which year did Merrill win the Pulitzer Prize?
4. Carolyn Kizer wrote a poem about man's abuse of which natural resource?
5. Randall Jarrell's poetry is typically centered around which event/era?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)