|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carolyn Kizer wrote a poem about man's abuse of which natural resource?
2. Where is the Jain Bird Hospital located?
3. Charles Olson refers to himself as which of the following?
4. Which was not one of Cunningham's jobs?
5. While in residence in Europe, Ashbery held which job?
(a) Tour guide.
(d) Art critic.
6. Richard Hugo grew up in which western US city?
(d) Santa Barbara.
7. Which of the following was not one of Robert Creeley's jobs?
(b) Chicken farmer.
(c) Ambulance driver.
8. Which poet was born in Ohio?
9. What was the profession of Richard Wilbur's father?
10. Cunningham's work was referred to as being cool and _____.
11. Which poet cites Auden and Frost as his influences?
12. Which poet was greatly influenced by William Butler Yeats and W.H. Auden?
(a) Elizabeth Bishop.
(b) Randall Jarrell.
(c) Theodore Roethke.
(d) John Berryman.
13. Which of the poets was a high school football star?
14. Garrigue was influenced by which famous composer?
15. In which year was Van Duyn appointed as the Poet Laureate?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which poet wrote the "Autumn Shade" series?
2. Frank O'Hara studied at which university?
3. Which of the poets wrote a piece titled, "Frederick Douglass?"
4. in Creeley's "The Rescue," the poet describes which tragedy?
5. What word is best used to describe Robert Lowell?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)