|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words is used to describe Mary Swenson's work?
2. In what year did O'Hara die?
3. Allen Ginsberg is closely affiliated with which poetic movement?
(a) New York Renaissance.
(b) Post Modernist.
(d) Beat Generation.
4. Who was heavily influenced by Theodore Roethke?
5. In which year did Merrill win the Pulitzer Prize?
6. What is the earliest year in which one of the poets was born?
7. In which city was Robert Hayden born?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
8. Which one of the poets worked as a consultant to the Library of Congress?
(c) Van Duyn.
9. Charles Olson refers to himself as which of the following?
10. Ammons favored which style?
11. While in residence in Europe, Ashbery held which job?
(a) Tour guide.
(b) Art critic.
12. Mary Swenson received a degree in which discipline?
13. Elizabeth Bishop was raised by relatives in which major metropolitan area?
(a) St. Louis.
(d) New York.
14. What is the latest year in which one of the poets was born?
15. Merrill was known for writing in which type of verse?
Short Answer Questions
1. James Dickey claims his life was changed after spending a year in which European country?
2. What was A.R. Ammons field of study in college?
3. "Degrees of Gray in Philipsburg" discusses what type of mine?
4. Justice writes a poem about a lone reader waiting in a _____ at dusk.
5. Which of the poets was a high school football star?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)