|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ammons considered himself to be a part of which spiritual movement?
(d) Fundamental Christian.
2. In which year did Merrill win the Pulitzer Prize?
3. Which of the poets wrote a piece titled, "Frederick Douglass?"
4. The introduction states that American art was great because of _____.
5. While in residence in Europe, Ashbery held which job?
(c) Tour guide.
(d) Art critic.
6. W.D. Snodgrass served in which branch of the armed forces?
(c) Air Force.
7. John Ashbery lived in which European city?
8. Which poet was the first director of the literary programs at the National Endowment for the Arts?
9. Frank O'Hara was deeply affected by the death of which famous artist?
10. Which was not one of Cunningham's jobs?
11. Duncan's work is different because it is considered to be more ____.
12. What position did Dickey hold in the army during WWII?
(a) Fighter pilot.
13. In which year was Van Duyn appointed as the Poet Laureate?
14. "Degrees of Gray in Philipsburg" discusses what type of mine?
15. "The Tourist from Syracuse" was inspired by the writing of which author?
Short Answer Questions
1. Olson believed poetry should be written based on _____, not meter.
2. Which of the following was not one of Robert Creeley's jobs?
3. W.S. Merwin attended which Ivy League school?
4. How many poets appear in the book?
5. Frank O'Hara studied at which university?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)