|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Justice writes a poem about a lone reader waiting in a _____ at dusk.
(c) Shopping mall.
(d) School yard.
2. Who served as the first Poet Laureate of the United States?
3. From which university did Theodore Roethke graduate?
4. Mona Van Duyn taught at which St. Louis based university?
(a) Washington University.
(b) Howard University.
(c) St. Louis University.
(d) University of Missouri.
5. David Wagoner wrote a poem about which activity?
6. In what year was the position established?
7. Duncan was linked to the _______ poets.
(a) Greenwich Village.
(b) Black Mountain.
(c) Ancient Greek.
(d) Post Modern.
8. In what year did O'Hara die?
9. Where is the Jain Bird Hospital located?
10. Schuyler compares poetry to which of the following?
11. Charles Olson refers to himself as which of the following?
12. Which of the poets worked at the Museum of Modern Art?
13. Richard Hugo grew up in which western US city?
(d) Santa Barbara.
14. Which of the following was not a job held by Wilbur?
15. Allen Ginsberg is closely affiliated with which poetic movement?
(a) New York Renaissance.
(b) Post Modernist.
(d) Beat Generation.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the same time, Frank O'Hara also mourned the death of which musician?
2. Which poet wrote "To the Harbormaster?"
3. Richard Hugo taught at which university?
4. Which was not one of Cunningham's jobs?
5. Ammons favored which style?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)