|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the latest year in which one of the poets was born?
2. Cunningham's work was referred to as being cool and _____.
3. What was the profession of Richard Wilbur's father?
4. Mona Van Duyn taught at which St. Louis based university?
(a) Howard University.
(b) St. Louis University.
(c) University of Missouri.
(d) Washington University.
5. Which of the poets was a high school football star?
6. Who served as the first Poet Laureate of the United States?
7. Which of the following was not a job held by Wilbur?
8. David Wagoner wrote a poem about which activity?
9. Which one of the poets worked as a consultant to the Library of Congress?
(d) Van Duyn.
10. Which poet was born in Ohio?
11. "Amusing Our Daughters" was written to which of the poet's family members?
12. Meredith served in which branch of the armed forces?
(a) Air Force.
(d) Coast Guard.
13. In which year was Van Duyn appointed as the Poet Laureate?
14. "The Tourist from Syracuse" was inspired by the writing of which author?
15. What position did Dickey hold in the army during WWII?
(a) Fighter pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was A.R. Ammons field of study in college?
2. James Merrill spent part of his life living in which exotic location?
3. At the same time, Frank O'Hara also mourned the death of which musician?
4. James Dickey claims his life was changed after spending a year in which European country?
5. Frank O'Hara was deeply affected by the death of which famous artist?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)